Last Updated on
Choosing the perfect baby formula is time consuming and scary, right? Wrong! Even though there are tons of baby formula brands on the market, it definitely doesn’t need to be difficult to find the right one for you and your baby. One of our favourite brands right now is Kabrita. This is a goat milk-based baby formula that is well recognised, trusted and it contains all of the right stuff your little one needs to thrive and grow. If your child is suffering from an allergy or intolerance to cow’s milk, then goat’s milk could be an ideal substitute.
Kabrita provides milk right up to the toddler stage. These are broken down into three separate products. The first provides milk from birth to six months, the second from six months to a year, and the final is a toddler formula from one year onwards. If you’re planning to use baby formula from birth instead of breast feeding, make sure to get some expert advice from your pediatrician before you proceed. This is just to double check that everything’s fine with mom and baby.
By reading this in-depth review, we hope that by the end of it you’ll have a much better understanding of what Kabrita is and the benefits it provides. Kabrita is specifically designed to aid with intolerances to cow’s milk, so we’ll touch upon how goat’s milk can be a good substitute. We’ll also let you know the main features of this baby formula as well as the pros and cons, and will present you with another formula too, to help you decide which one might be right for you and baby.
- 1 Things to think about when choosing baby formula
- 2 Kabrita Formula Review
- 3 How other baby formulas compare
- 4 NANNYcare
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 6 The bottom line
Things to think about when choosing baby formula
There are loads of things to think about when choosing your baby formula, but these are some of the things we think are the most important factors. Remember, these are just guidelines so if you have more questions or are unsure about anything, always consult with an expert.
Check that the ingredients are suitable
Always check that the baby formula’s ingredients are suitable for your child. It’s a great idea to read the label to check for any potential allergies and we would always recommend getting in touch with your pediatrician to discuss whether the one you’ve chosen is a good fit or not. Some babies respond differently to alternative milk, especially cow’s and goat’s milk. Subtle differences like this are very important when it comes to selecting formula.
At the end of the day, every child is unique and all have certain likes and dislikes when it comes to their food. Don’t be too disheartened if your baby doesn’t take to the formula right away – it will just mean that the main ingredients will need to be analyzed and you will probably need to look at finding a new formula. After all, your child needs to enjoy it since it’s their primary source of nutrition for the most important stages of their life!
Does your baby have any specific dietary requirements?
Today, there are more dietary requirements than ever. Colic is something that affects many small children, and their diet can have a significant effect on reducing the pain and discomfort your child might be in if they, unfortunately, suffer from colic. If this is the case with your baby then there are many formulas out there that contain ingredients designed to reduce this and help calm your baby. If you’re already on a formula that isn’t working for your child, switching formula is a really simple way to help eradicate colic and ease the stress on parents.
Make sure you choose a formula that’s right for your baby’s age
Choosing an appropriate formula for your baby’s age is incredibly important. Formulas aimed at different age groups will contain vitamins and ingredients intended for specific stages in your little one’s development. It’s so important that when purchasing your baby formula, you select one within your little one’s age range so you can be assured that it contains the right nutrition for your baby.
Bear in mind that most formulas are similar
Unless you’re choosing a specific formula, like ones containing soy milk or baby formulas aimed at helping with colic sufferers, then you need to know that most formulas do the same job one way or another. If you’re super stressed over choosing one, we recommend using our review to help you decide; the best advice we can give you is to choose a formula we have recommended and see how your baby takes to it. Choose a brand that you (or we) trust and start your journey into parenthood.
Kabrita Formula Review
Since it’s a well-known fact that breast milk can’t really be beaten when it comes to feeding your baby, Kabrita has created a formula remarkably close to the real thing. This is great for new moms who don’t have the option to breastfeed or would prefer to use a baby formula instead.
Kabrita is aimed at babies in their first stages in life. You can use this formula immediately after your child is born right through to six months of age. When they reach this stage you’ll need to switch to Kabrita’s follow-on formulas, which are all designed to take your baby through to the next stages in life.
Kabrita is a well known, recognized brand, which is always a positive factor when looking for a baby formula that’s going to give your baby the best start in life. Going with a brand that’s trusted and used by parents all over the world can really help to settle any nerves you might have when looking for that perfect formula. They’ve got loads of reviews from happy parents online, so it’s well worth reading up on them to get opinions from real moms and dads.
According to Kabrita, theirs is the only goat milk formula that contains what they call a ‘modern-day composition’. This comes from the additional whey protein they add to the ingredients, as well as the unsaturated fatty acids, the prebiotic fibers, and their special DigestX OPO-fat blend. We’re not scientists and we’re sure you’d like to understand what’s in your baby’s formula so to keep it simple, this basically means it’s an incredibly easy-to-digest formula that’s gentle on your baby’s body and is packed with key nutrients they need.
- This formula contains goat’s milk which contains a lot of useful benefits. It’s easier to digest and super gentle to your child’s stomach due to the types of protein and fats found within this milk. It is also naturally high in Ca, vitamin A and contains a high bio-availability of iron.
- This formula is available to use moments after your child is born through to six months of age.
- It’s super easy to prepare and can be ready in minutes. Kabrita says it is preferred that the milk is served within an hour of preparation.
- Regarding allergies, this formula must be avoided if your baby can’t consume cow’s milk or fish.
- The formula contains unsaturated fatty acids (DHA & AA) as well as prebiotic fibers (GOS). These ingredients lead to a well-rounded blend for your little one to enjoy and provides all the right vitamins and minerals.
- Goat’s milk is known to taste milder than other milks. This is a good thing to bear in mind if your child is not a fan of your current formula’s taste and are considering making the switch.
- Can be used from birth right up to six months. Kabrita then offers follow-on products suitable until toddler age.
- The only goat milk formula containing a modern-day composition.
- Additional whey proteins.
- Very gentle to your child’s digestive system.
- The goats used for their milk are pasture fed.
- Uses no glucose syrup solids.
- It can cause gassiness – there are some reviews online that mention this.
- Lactose is added, which could be a bad thing if your child is intolerant. Otherwise, lactose is a perfectly safe ingredient that gives a sweeter taste.
- Contains palm oil – this isn’t for everyone.
How other baby formulas compare
It’s always checking out other brands on the market, but when it comes to baby formulas made with goats milk there’s not a huge amount of choice. However, one of our favorites is Nannycare. Suitable for infants from birth, it’s perfect if your baby suffers from any kind of cow’s milk allergy or intolerance. If you can’t, or have chosen not to breastfeed, it’s a complete substitute designed to mimic the benefits and nutritional effects of breast milk.
Even though it has no organic or non-GMO certifications, it’s a really high-quality formula with high milk standards – the milk comes from New Zealand, which takes great pride in their animal welfare standards. There are a couple of synthetic ingredients present in the milk, but on the whole, it’s a very decent choice if you need a baby formula that doesn’t contain cow’s milk.
- Suitable from birth.
- The milk is sourced from New Zealand.
- Nutritionally complete baby formula – an ideal substitution for breast milk.
- Contains Vitamin A and C – designed to develop a healthy immune system.
- Contains iron for healthy cognitive development.
- No added whey proteins.
- No soy-based ingredients.
- Good taste and texture, according to parents.
- Packed with nutrients for healthy growth in children.
- An affordable option compared to other brands.
- Can work with colic sufferers due to its gentleness.
- Not GMO-free
- No organic certifications
- Contains synthetic ingredients
- Slightly stronger smell than other brands – but this is mainly due to the goat’s milk.
- Not as close to breast milk at Kabrita.
- Which is the better option?
Well, that’s the comparison out of the way. After extensively researching both products, we’ve come to the conclusion that although Nanny Care is a great quality product trusted by thousands of parents worldwide, Kabrita wins our test overall. When put up against a contender such as Nannycare, the Kabrita formula holds its own in almost every way.
The ingredients are packed with nutrition, vitamins and vital proteins your baby needs to grow and develop. Whilst Nannycare is also nutritious, it contains a couple of synthetic ingredients we’re not really a fan of, and palm oil is an addition that we’d prefer to go without. Both formulas are gentle and kind on your baby, but Nannycare has been reported to cause gassiness by some parents. If you’re looking for a complete substitute for breastfeeding however, both are perfectly safe.
We do really like that Nannycare leads the way with its animal welfare standards, so you can rest assured that the milk is of high quality. Overall, both are a solid choice but Kabrita just edges it.
Frequently asked questions
Is it worth changing to goat’s milk?
Goat’s milk does have a number of benefits to traditional cow’s milk; the biggest being how friendly it is on the stomach. It’s easy to digest due to the blend of fat and protein, which differs slightly to cow’s milk. If your child is showing signs of having trouble digesting, then a switch as simple as this could potentially solve the issue. Having said that, it’s not guaranteed that making this change will help, so always consult with your pediatrician if you’re still having issues.
Do I have to breastfeed?
No, of course not. Some mothers physically can’t breastfeed, others choose not to. The choice really is up to you and if you decide or cannot breastfeed your child then there is absolutely no need to worry. Both baby formulas take pride in being as close to breast milk as you can get. All the necessary vitamins and minerals are included in the mixture so please don’t worry about your baby’s well-being from not breastfeeding them yourself.
My baby doesn’t like this formula! What do I do?
Don’t panic. All children are very different and as unfortunate as it is, your child may not take to it. This can be down to taste, texture, the style of milk… anything. It’s not something you can prepare for unless you’re a seasoned veteran in the world of baby formula and have tried them all. It’s a simple case of trial and error to work out what’s best for your child. And don’t worry, this is perfectly safe. If you’re really struggling to find something which works, we recommend speaking to a pediatrician for some expert advice.
Kabrita has proven that there is no need to spend all your hard earned cash on the ‘best’ formulas out there. Kabrita is affordable and fantastic. We’re so impressed with this product and we’re sure you will be too. The goat’s milk is so friendly to babies stomachs and the taste isn’t as harsh as other milks. This product is an absolute winner – you and your baby will both love it!
We really hope this article helped you make a decision and would love to know if we have helped you. Please get in touch with any feedback or further questions you may have, as we love to hear from you!
- NannyCare Formula Review (2019 Edition): Yay or Nay? Find Out Here!
- NannyCare vs Holle Formula: Which European Baby Formula is Best?
- Kabrita vs Nanny Care Formula – Which is Best?
- Holle vs Kabrita Baby Formula in 2019: Which One Will You Love?