- 10 Best Formulas for Gassy Babies and Gas Pain  - May 11, 2022
- Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive: Which is Best for Your Baby? - May 7, 2022
- 7 Best Hypoallergenic Baby Formulas  - May 6, 2022
These are the best baby formula options for a gassy baby in more depth:
- 1 1. Holle Goat Based Formula
- 2 3. Enfamil ProSobee Lactose-Free Infant Formula
- 3 4. Enfamil Gentlease NeuroPro Non-GMO Infant Formula
- 4 5. Enfagrow Gentlease for Newborns and Toddlers
- 5 6. Baby’s Only Organic Non-GMO Toddler Formula
- 6 7. Similac Sensitive Baby Formula with Iron
- 7 8. Gerber Good Start Soothe Infant Formula
- 8 9. Earth’s Best Low-Lactose Organic Sensitivity Formula
- 9 10. Nutramigen Hypoallergenic Baby Formula by Enfamil
- 10 What Else Can You Do to Alleviate or Prevent the Symptoms of a Gassy Baby?
- 11 The Best Formula for Gassy Babies – the Final Verdict
- 12 FAQs
You might not have hear of HiPP before and that’s because it’s actually a European specialty baby formula. HiPP Comfort is designed as a baby formula from birth onwards, with no added sugar, REDUCED lactose content, and helpful prebiotics and probiotics for digestion. This makes it one of the best formulas for gas options to try first.
- No added sugar or corn syrup solids, naturally slightly sweet like breastmilk
- Designed comfort blend, specifically for easy digestion
- All organic ingredients, European based (generally higher standards)
- A good “first step” formula to aid a baby’s gas
- Contains added prebiotics and probiotics
- No Soy
- Only available online from retailers like LittleBundle.com, OrganicBabyShop, and MyOrganicCompany
- Not rated by the FDA (it’s a European product, imported as such and not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration)
- Can be a bit more pricey (although you can save 5% off here with code THEBABYSWAG at checkout OR 5% off via LittleBundle with code TBS5Off).
- Not strictly lactose-free, so if you definitely know the issue is lactose intolerance you may want to try goat milk formula (goat’s milk) or soy.
Another excellent choice is the Enfamil ProSobee formula which is soy-based soy formula instead of cow’s milk (milk based formula). Being a dairy-free product makes this formula the ideal alternative for a lactose-intolerant child.
Enfamil contains the entire list of essential nutrients that a small child needs in order to develop motor, cognitive, and communication abilities properly. When no other regular formula seems to be working, a soy formula will make a good nutrient replacement.
- It’s the best choice for babies with milk allergies (cow’s milk) who also deal with gassiness and gas pain;
- This toddler formula is highly effective, and it lowers the infant’s belly gas discomfort.
- Sometimes, the Enfamil ProSobee formula can have clumps when you try to prepare it so you must stir it really well to ensure a properly dissolved liquid.
Enfamil ProSobee Price
For the latest prices and bulk discounts, check the new Enfamil online shop here.
This non-GMO product works amazingly for infants with gas issues and pain and reflux. Even though this formula is milk-based, it comes with a lower amount of lactose. Therefore, it is specially created for gassy babies. Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease provides milk protein, the broken-down type, which is easier to digest.
- Compared to other brands, this formula claims to provide a doubled amount of DHA and Omega-3 fatty acids (sometimes combined as Omega 3 DHA) which are found in breast milk;
- It contains a special blend of 30 different nutrients that protect and strengthen your child’s heart;
- It has a lot of nutrients and vitamins, such as Vitamin E, that promote a boosted immune system.
- When it comes to smell and taste, this formula for gassy babies might not be the ideal option. It is said to have a pretty bitter taste and a quite strong smell.
Enfamil Gentlease Prices
Check out the latest individual and bulk prices directly at Enfamil.com here.
The Gentlease infant formula blend is enriched with iron, vitamin D, zinc, and calcium. All these substances will enable your child’s organism to grow and become strong. And, because we all know how picky a toddler can be, Enfagrow is available in two different flavor varieties: vanilla and natural milk.
- Lowers gas and eases fussiness in formula-fed babies;
- Supports your kid’s rapid cognitive development;
- Contains brain-nourishing ingredients such as iron, DHA, and choline;
- It comes with a Triple Health Guard blend made of vitamins (Vitamin E, D3, K1, B6, B12, and more), prebiotics, DHA, and a mix of 22 nutrients that boost the immune system;
- It represents an easy transition from milk to solid foods.
- Some parents have said that this formula has an unpleasant taste and it is too bitter;
- One reviewer has even stated that her 11-month old baby has experienced mild symptoms of diarrhea, fussiness, and gas after consuming this formula, but that might be an isolated case.
Enfagrow Gentlease Prices
Baby’s Only is an organic formula. Although it is dairy-based, the product is free from GMO ingredients as well as gluten. The fact that it is organic means that the dairy cows (cow’s milk) that provided the milk for this product weren’t fed any antibiotics, artificial growth hormones or steroids.
Each serving offers a more than decent amount of healthy fatty acids and DHA which are excellent for the kid’s body and brain development.
- It is free from GMO table of contents such as corn syrup, syrup solids or hexane processed DHA (common in the hydrolyzed formula);
- It comes with a nice smell and a pleasant taste, unlike many other similar baby products;
- You won’t notice any greasy residues on the bottle;
- It is an affordable formula;
- Organic cow’s milk protein formula.
- A few moms have complained about the fact that this formula has made their infants’ poop a bit harder than usual.
Baby’s Only Organic Prices
7. Similac Sensitive Baby Formula with Iron
Similac’s infant formula for a sensitive stomach is a great choice if you want to help your baby get rid of gassiness. The brand is a well-known and trusted cow’s milk formula. This product will do the trick, especially overnight and when you’re traveling with your infant.
Although Similac Sensitive is a milk-based formula, it doesn’t contain lactose, and it is easily digestible. It even contains nucleotides which are elements that boost your newborn’s immunity.
So, if your baby is gassy and also has lactose sensitivity, this alternative is the right choice for him or her. See how Sensitive formula compares to Similac Pro Advance cow milk here.
- It is an effective baby formula (infant formula) that lowers a baby’s gas;
- It is free from lactose which is a great thing for babies with intolerance (lactose intolerant or sensitivity, or just baby’s fussiness and baby gas pain);
- Scooping the powdered formula is highly convenient due to the product’s container design.
- Once you prepare it, this formula can get a tad foamy which is why you should remove all the bubbles before giving it to your baby (tends to be more of a problem with lactose-free formulas).
- Not suitable for a general formula milk allergy (cow’s milk allergy)
Similac Sensitive Prices
If your baby is fussy, then the Gerber formula is the way to go. It comes with trademarked Comfort Proteins (milk protein) which are a lot easier for your infant to digest. In addition to milk proteins, it also contains a powerful blend of DHA, probiotics, and prebiotics. Gerber’s powder formula is made with non-GMO ingredients. In other words, it lacks harmful genetically engineered compounds.
- It’s a safe and effective cow’s milk formula for gassy babies;
- The product comes with a 100% money-back guarantee;
- Some say it tops Similac which we all know that’s a much more popular brand;
- Has received a lot of positive reviews from moms who claim their babies got rid of bloating, gas, and fussiness by consuming this formula.
- It might not work equally effective for all kids;
- A few parents stated that their infants experienced constipation because of this formula.
Gerber Good Start Soothe Prices
These compounds play a crucial role in eye and brain development. Moreover, the product also contains iron which fortifies a child’s body. Not only is this an organic formula but it is also kosher; it’s free from artificial colors and flavors and prepared without fertilizers or synthetic pesticides.
- It is a gentle formula that lowers gassiness;
- It has received plenty of positive reviews from moms who say their babies feel better after consuming this formula. I’m talking about infants with tummy issues like acid reflux and infantile colic;
- The product has a delicious taste so your child won’t refuse it.
- In order to avoid clumps, you must shake the mix thoroughly.
Earth’s Best Formula Prices
Enfamil’s Nutramigen product line is dedicated to infants and older babies who suffer from gas and colic because of lactose intolerance. The manufacturer claims this formula will help your child get rid of these annoying symptoms in only 48 hours.
- It offers quick relief, easy on the baby’s stomach
- It claims to help your baby get rid of colic within 2 days (colicky baby);
- This formula is said to lower the risks of future allergies;
- Also works for babies with special dietary needs;
- It has a complete nutritional profile;
- Supports a healthy digestive system.
- Several clients complained about the fact that the cans’ seals were broken;
- It contains corn syrup solids which might have harmful effects in the long run.
Nutramigen Hypoallergenic Prices
What Else Can You Do to Alleviate or Prevent the Symptoms of a Gassy Baby?
- When you are ready to feed your child, make sure to keep his or her head in an upright feeding position so that the head comes above the baby’s tummy. When you choose the correct feeding positions, the food will go to their stomach’s bottom part while the air will remain to the top. This method is supposed to prevent fussiness and gas;
- After every single bottle feeding session, you should burp your baby. If the infant doesn’t burp right from the start, I suggest you lay him or her down on the bed for a short while and then try again;
- When you prepare the formula for gassy babies, mix it in a separate glass, bottle, or container, and only then pour the final result into your baby’s formula feeding bottle. This easy technique lowers the amount of air that remains in the bottle which will hopefully reduce gas;
- Another thing that works is massaging your baby in a gentle manner. Pump the infant’s legs back and forth just like the movement one makes when riding the bicycle. Warm baths might also help to relieve gas-related symptoms like fussiness, burps, bloating, a hard tummy, and a lot of crying.
The Best Formula for Gassy Babies – the Final Verdict
It’s true that you will find a wide range of good and effective baby formulas out there. Still, if none of these options seem to work and your infant continues to experience gassiness, bloating, and other stomach issues, I strongly recommend you to seek your pediatrician’s advice.
- One IS Better: Hipp vs Holle Organic Formulas Compared
- Similac Total Comfort Review: Is This Formula for You?
- Help Support Your Growing Baby: The Full Similac Advance Review
Answer: If you are concerned that your baby is being gassy because of the new formula you started using recently, you might be wondering if it’s time to switch formulas again.
Oftentimes, that’s true. Your baby might need a different formula or type of formula, but there are cases where your baby’s symptoms are quite common.
If I am gassy and I am breastfeeding, could that transfer to my baby?
Definitely not. Gas in mom’s body cannot pass into breastmilk, despite some breast milk myths to the contrary.
Answer: No. For something to pass into your milk, first, it must pass into your bloodstream, as the carbonation in sodas. The bubbles in a carbonated drink, however, cannot pass into your milk and affect your baby.
Answer: Certainly. The most common reason for your baby being gassy are dairy products in your diet: milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, or any food that contains milk products, casein, whey protein, or sodium caseinate in it.