- Best Cyber Monday Baby Deals 2022: Strollers, Car Seats - November 29, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - November 7, 2022
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - October 12, 2022
All modern cribs are designed to have the mattresses adjusted to the highest height possible without it being dangerous for your baby, but making it possible for you to not have to bend over too far to pick up your newborn. Of course, as your baby grows, the mattress needs to be lowered accordingly, but for shorter moms, you need the kind of crib that won’t have you investing in a stepping stool as well.
While there’s nothing wrong with needing the added height of a step stool to assist you as you scoop your infant out of his or her crib, it’s also nice to have the best options of buying a crib for short moms ahead of time, making you as prepared as possible.
In most cases, these cribs are essentially just lower to the ground than others, and there’s nothing wrong or dangerous about that, as they’re all still designed for safe sleep and comfort in mind, putting the baby first before anything else.
And if nothing else, having a modern looking unique crib that sits a little lower to the floor just looks sleeker than the baby crib your mother-in-law is still trying to get you to use even though it’s already been through several family members’ births.
These are definitely some of the best cribs for short moms to hopefully help you choose for yourself what works best for you and your growing family.
1. Babyletto Hudson Crib
The Babyletto Hudson Crib just looks fancy with its mid-century modern design, so it already has that going for it, which is a great quality to have, especially if you’re looking to create a comfortable but totally unique nursery that doesn’t necessarily look as cookie-cutter as those of other families.
It’s also Greenguard Gold Certified, which means that it has been tested for more than 10,000 chemicals and deemed more than safe enough for your infant. It also has rounded spindles, as opposed to thin rectangular slats that many other cribs have and which can be a bit more painful if your baby bumps his or her head against them.
There are four adjustable mattress levels, which make using the crib for your newborn, infant, and eventually toddler easy, but also makes it easier for shorter moms to reach in and pick up their little ones as needed.
- Assembled Dimensions: Once put together, the Babyletto Hudson Crib is 53.625 x 29.625 x 34.875 inches.
- Convertible Capabilities: The crib is portable and can be converted to a toddler bed with rail and eventually a daybed with one side completely removed.
- Where To Buy: You can find the crib on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon and in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: The crib has four different mattress support height options to accommodate your growing baby, who gets more curious and mobile at each stage, but it also works for short moms, who will have the option of starting the mattress higher up than some other cribs.
- The Not So Great: To assemble the crib frame can be a little tricky, especially with the mattress platform.
2. Centennial Rhapsody Lifetime Crib
As with most cribs, the mattress doesn’t come with the Centennial Rhapsody Lifetime Crib, but once assembled, it is adjustable to three different heights. Of course, once your baby is sitting up or rolling over during sleep, the lower settings might be more practical, but overall, the crib should work well for shorter moms.
It’s been tested to be free of harsh chemicals and is both lead and phthalate-free with a safe non-toxic finish for your baby and toddler to enjoy the crib and all it has to offer. And with four different set-up options, your baby is sure to enjoy the Lifetime Crib for years and long after he or she had grown out of it as a crib.
The design and style of the crib make any bedroom or nursery feel instantly nicer and more high-end and as a crib, doesn’t stand too far off the ground, so the legs don’t add too much additional height to it.
- Assembled Dimensions: The Centennial Rhapsody Lifetime Crib is 59 x 48 x 30 inches.
- Convertible Capabilities: The crib can be converted from a crib into a toddler bed, daybed, twin-size bed and even full-size bed.
- Where To Buy: You can find this great crib on Amazon and in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: Your baby can use this crib and its convertible capabilities for literal years, well after the toddler stages and into adolescence at least.
- The Not So Great: Actually adjusting the springs to lower or make the mattress sit higher is difficult to get to and properly adjust when you’re ready to.
3. Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib
Standing at less than 34 inches high, the Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib might be as simple as they come, but that’s not a bad thing by any means. The rib has short legs and the mattress height can be adjusted to fit your and your baby’s needs, especially as they grow and develop.
It can also convert into a daybed when the time comes and although it doesn’t come with a toddler rail, you can always purchase an affordable one from a different brand and affix it to the crib’s open side when the time comes.
The minimalist style of the crib is what most parents will probably notice first, but that just means to pomp and frill to potentially mask some design flaw or nuisance that would pop up later on down the line. It has a simple design and can fit almost any bedroom while doing its job as a solid crib for your baby without being too tall for you to utilize it.
- Assembled Dimensions: When assembled, the Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib is 53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5 inches.
- Convertible Capabilities: The crib can be converted to a daybed when your toddler is ready for that step.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: Not only is it a solid crib, but the Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib is also highly affordable, especially for having the ability to convert to a daybed.
- The Not So Great: For some, the paint might chip off easily, especially as your baby starts teething.
4. Delta Children Bentley S Series Crib
More than anything, it’s important for your baby’s crib to look and feel sturdy enough to keep them safely in it throughout the night, and if the crib can also be suitable for short moms, like the Delta Children Bentley S Series Crib, then all the better.
Although the toddler guardrail and full-size bed rails are sold separately, the crib can indeed be converted to a few different options, but until you’re ready to do that, you can utilize the multiple mattress level positions for your infant.
With a similar design to the Storkcraft Tuscany Crib, it has easy assembly, the crib has also been tested to meet or exceed all national safety sleeping requirements, which will definitely help to put parents’ minds at ease.
You can choose from white, chocolate, or black cherry espresso to fit your needs the best and although it’s another solid crib for short moms, it’s also sturdy and trusted as one that can be used long after your baby is out of the infant stages.
- Assembled Dimensions: At less than four feet tall, the crib is 54.25 by 34.25 by 42.25 inches.
- Convertible Capabilities: You can eventually convert the crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed.
- Where To Buy: The crib is available on Amazon and in-store at Target and Babies ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: Overall, the crib is relatively easy to put together, without the need for any complicated tools.
- The Not So Great: In order to convert the crib to a toddler or full size crib bed, you’ll need to purchase rails separately.
5. Evolur Santa Fe Convertible Crib
With finishes like “distressed white” and “vintage grey,” the Evolur Santa Fe Convertible Crib is unique right off the bat, but in a very aesthetically pleasing way. There are three different mattress height settings available and the top carved portion of the crib is ornate and unique in itself.
Not only that, but the crib has been independently tested to meet or exceed all necessary safety standards while remaining low enough to the floor to be easy to use by short moms, even as a changing table.
The design and style of the crib, which can convert five different ways, makes it easy to set up in bedrooms as your child grows and grows out of whatever nursery or toddler bedroom they have to start off with. Of course, simply the design isn’t enough to make a decision about the best crib for your own family, but it doesn’t hurt that great care is obviously taken with the brand.
- Assembled Dimensions: When putting together, the Evolur Santa Fe Convertible Crib is 58 x 32 x 34 inches.
- Convertible Capabilities: The rib can be converted into a crib, daybed, toddler bed, and full bed with or without the optional footboard.
- Where To Buy: You can find the crib on Amazon and in-store at Babies ‘R Us or Walmart.
- The Best Part: The color options and style of the crib make it instantly appear high-end and it feels that way too with the sturdy wood it’s made from.
- The Not So Great: It might not be in the budget for some families, despite its better qualities.
For some moms on the shorter side, investing in a good stepping stool is all they need, but why stop there when you can potentially find the right baby crib or bassinet that really works best for short moms?
Unfortunately, this isn’t really a trial and error type of situation where you can see which crib works best, but thanks to these top five best cribs, you at least have a better idea of what might work best for you as you gear up to welcome your little one home.
And of all of these options, the Babyletto Hudson Crib is likely going to be your best overall option, especially as it has such a unique and modern design and is close enough to the floor to work perfectly for short moms.
And although it may not be as affordable as some other cribs, its design and dimensions speak for themselves. Just like babies, moms and dads come in all different shapes and sizes, and there’s no reason for your baby’s crib height to not reflect that for you.
- The Best Bassinet for Twins On The Market! – A Comprehensive Guide
- The Best Twin Bed Mattresses for Toddlers That You’ll Love
- The Full Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed Review
- My Full Newton Baby Mattress Crib Review You’ll Have to Read
- The Playard Showdown: Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Jetsetter vs. 4Moms Breeze Playard
- How to Find the Best Baby Cribs (& Top 10 Choices to Consider)