Last Updated on
The new moms on our team understand how difficult it can get to take care of your baby while you’re trying to finish the household chores or go for grocery shopping.
The ladies have tested the products for safety, ease of use, quality, price, etc., and have put together the detailed reviews, pros, and cons of both products for your convenience. And, at the end of the Solly Baby vs. Baby K’tan comparison, they’ve revealed their preference.
Bottom Line Up Front: After looking closely at both products, we’ve concluded that Solly Baby has the edge over Baby K’tan. With it’s versatile folding options, higher customer ratings, and more breathable material, Solly Baby is our pick. That said, if you have a baby on the heavier side over 25 pounds, Baby K’tan can support more weight and is a solid choice.
Both Solly Baby and Baby K’tan Wraps are made of soft and high-quality fabrics. While the Solly Baby Wrap can hold babies up to 25 lbs. in weight, the Baby K’tan Wrap can easily hold babies up to 35 lbs. in weight. The Solly Baby Wrap is an origami-style baby wrap, and the Baby K’tan Wrap comes with two loops of fabric stitched together.
On the one hand, the Baby K’tan Wrap allows you to wear your baby in almost 5 different ways, whereas the Solly Baby Wrap only allows you to wear your baby in front.
However, these are just some basic differences between the two products, and there’s a lot more information that’s coming your way in the Solly Baby vs. Baby K’tan post.
What makes a great baby wrap?
Before we begin the comparison, let’s look at some critical factors that come together to make a great baby wrap:
- A soft and stretchable fabric
- A beautiful and soothing design
- Universal size
- A great fit
- Different wearing positions
- Sweat resistance
- Safety and strength
- No buckles, straps, or hard pieces
The Solly Baby Wrap is made of a soft, lightweight fabric that is stretchable too: 100% Certified Lenzing Modal. It’s the perfect material for newborns. It is extremely silky, buttery soft, and sustainable. Unlike many other baby wraps on the market, it provides a great fit and does not sag or droop after on prolonged usage. It neither gets too hot nor does it make your baby sweat.
It is considered one of the most durable and versatile baby wraps on the market currently. So, if you prefer wearing your baby while going grocery shopping, the Solly Baby Wrap can be a good option. The origami-type folding style makes the product easy to use and wear for new moms and dads. The fabric is so soft that it feels great on your newborns sensitive and gentle skin and does not cause any rashes or irritation.
The Solly Baby Wrap is so comfortable that you can wear it for up to 3 hours at a stretch. The product is available in a variety of designs, colors, and patterns to suit the needs of modern, chic moms. The baby wrap is available in two size options: long and standard. It’ll hardly take you any time to wrap the product. The convenient pocket at the closing end of the wrap can be used for storing baby wipes.
Talk about the best position to wear your baby using the Solly Baby, and we have just one answer. The safest position to wear your baby is your baby facing you. Avoid wearing the wrap with your baby facing in the front; you may put them at the risk of falling.
The product has been crafted keeping in mind the average size and weight of an 18-month old baby. You can use the product to wear your baby until they weigh 25 lbs. You’ll be surprised to know that some new moms even wear their babies using the Solly Baby Wrap while working out at home or the gym. So, you can imagine the strength and quality of the wrap’s material.
You can wash the wrap in a washing machine and allow the product to dry in a washing machine drier. Also, you don’t need to worry about the strength of the material upon repeated washing; it becomes stronger with every wash. All in all, if you’re really worried about the safety and comfort of your baby, we recommend you buy the Solly Baby Wrap.
- Made of a custom-manufactured, silky soft Lenzing modal fabric which is sustainable and stretchable.
- Available in two different lengths
- Made in the USA
- Keeps babies cool and comfortable
- Does not overheat the baby’s body or lead to sweat
- Easy to store and use
- Easy to wash and dry
- Does not sag or droop after repeated usage
- Ideal for the first year of your baby
- Can hold up to 25 lbs. babies
- Can reduce infant crying by up to 43%
- Calms reflux and gas in newborns
- Promotes bonding between parents and babies
- The product fits well and is stretchable.
- The material is soft, lightweight, breathable, and sweat-resistant.
- You can use a tag in the center of the baby wrap to pull up the wrap and lift it easily.
- The baby wrap will keep your baby comfortable irrespective of the season.
- The product is easy to wrap and use.
- Since the baby wrap is made of a stretchable fabric, it can stretch permanently with prolonged use.
- You cannot wear your baby at the back with the Solly Baby Wrap. The product can exert excess pressure on your newborn’s spine and damage their developing joints. Moreover, in the back position, your baby can slip off the wrap and fall.
- The product is not suitable for babies weighing more than 25 lbs.
- The baby wrap is more expensive than the Baby K’tan wrap (but check here for seasonal promotions).
The Solly Baby Wrap has over 300 reviews and ratings and currently has an overall 5-star rating. Here’s what parents are saying about the Solly Baby Wrap:
- New moms are absolutely loving the soft feel of the wrap and its designs and colors.
- Many new moms have mentioned that the Solly Baby Wrap has helped them form a special bond with their babies.
- Some parents have mentioned that the Solly Baby Wrap is thinner than the other baby wraps on the market, so it’s perfect for hot and humid weather.
- Customers have gone to the extent of calling the product a “life-saver.” From grocery shopping to gym workout sessions, parents are wearing the Solly Baby Wrap everywhere.
The Baby K’tan Wrap is known as “the wrap without the wrapping.” Even though it’s a baby wrap; you don’t need to wrap the product around your baby like the Solly Baby Wrap. Baby K’tan is not an origami-style baby wrap. It comes with a patented double-loop design for added security, ease of use, and convenience. You can wear it like a t-shirt and snuggle your baby all day long. Just unpack the product, and it’s ready to wear. You just need 30 seconds to wear the baby wrap properly. It’s super-easy to wear and remove.
You can wear the Baby K’tan wrap in 5 different positions, unlike many other traditional baby wraps on the market. The wrap can easily hold babies up to 35 lbs. in weight. Also, the product is available in different sizes from XXS to XL. You can use the size chart to find the size that’ll fit you the best. Since each one of you has a different body shape, the universal size concept does not work here. If you’re not sure about your size or have an in-between size, choose one size smaller. The Baby K’tan wrap is made of 100% cotton and is stretchable.
The Baby K’tan wrap has been judged as a “hip-healthy” baby wrap by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. The wide fabric loops in the product provide great ergonomic positioning for the healthy development of your baby’s hip joints and muscles, and ample support for your newborns sensitive head.
The easily adjustable connector loop provides ample back support for the parents wearing the baby. Moreover, all Baby K’tan wraps come in a matching carry bag that transforms into a sash for additional support and safety in the case of certain positions. All you need to do is turn the carry bag inside-out, and it’ll quickly turn into a sash with a usable pocket.
When it comes to cleaning the baby wrap, you don’t need to worry about the fabric getting damaged. You can machine wash the Baby K’tan wrap and allow the product to dry in the machine’s drier.
No buckles, no buttons, no straps; the product is easy to wear and use. You can use the baby wrap just out of the carry bag, use the loops as a scarf, and do a lot more than you can imagine with the baby wrap. However, the100% cotton material of Baby K’tan Wrap is thicker than the material of the Solly Baby Wrap.
The only area where the product lacks is the size options. Some existing customers are not very pleased with the fitting of the product. They were unable to find the perfect size. Also, the same product cannot be used by both the parents as the size can be an issue.
Features of the Baby K’tan Wrap
- Made of 100% soft and natural cotton fabric that is free of chemicals and dyes
- Easy to wear and remove
- Can hold babies up to 35 lbs.
- Comes with a carry bag that can also be used as a sash for additional safety and support
- Available in different versions – Original (100% Cotton), Active (100% Polyester), and Breeze (100% Cotton)
- Easy to wash and dry
- Does not contain any hardware, buckles, snaps, or buttons
- Can be used in 5 different positions
- Provides ample hands-free convenience
- The baby wrap is available in different sizes from XXS to XL to provide a great fit according to the body size and type.
- The baby wrap is easy to wear, remove, and store.
- The baby wrap can hold babies weighing up to 35 lbs.
- You can use the baby wrap is almost 5 different positions depending on your convenience.
- Since the product is ready to wear; you don’t need to waste your quality time in learning how to wear it.
- The material is lightweight and stretchable.
- The baby wrap provides a snug fit for your baby and increases their nap durations.
- Since the product is available in different sizes and does not come with a universal fit for all, two people cannot use the same baby wrap.
- The material is thicker than the material of many other baby wraps on the market.
- The loop at the back can be a little difficult to adjust.
- A big warning sign sewn on the wrap can be a bit irritating at times and scratch your baby’s skin periodically.
The Baby K’tan wrap has over 2000 customer reviews and ratings and currently has an overall 4.2-star rating. Here’s what parents are saying about the Baby K’tan Wrap.
- A lot of new moms love the product because it’s great and comfortable for breastfeeding.
- The Baby K’tan wrap is a hit among parents as it’s easy to wear and can be used in multiple positions.
- Many parents are extremely satisfied with the soft and high-quality material of the Baby K’tan Wrap.
- Most parents find the baby wrap comfortable and safe for their infants.
- Some existing customers have mentioned that the fabric loses its elasticity upon prolonged use.
- Many existing customers were unable to find the ideal size and fit.
The Verdict: Baby K’tan or Solly Baby?
When it comes to choosing the best baby wrap from the Solly Baby vs. Baby K’tan competition, the Solly Baby Wrap is definitely the stronger contender. The universal size and fit make it an ideal option.
Even though the Baby K’tan wrap can be worn in multiple positions and is easy to wear, new moms and dads are going after the traditional, origami-style Solly Baby Wrap that’s comfortable, safe, and perfect for babies. And, using the Solly Baby Wrap, they are wearing their babies to the gym too.
Unlike the Baby K’tan wrap, you don’t need a sizing guide to find the right size. Also, during the hands-on testing, our expert moms did not look very happy with the thickness of the Baby K’tan Wrap. They experienced more sweating while wearing the Baby K’tan Wrap.
Whether you buy the Solly Baby Wrap or Baby K’tan wrap, we don’t think you’ll make a wrong choice.
Both products are ideal options depending on your requirements and preferences. While Solly Baby comes with incredible features such as a breathable fabric, greater elasticity, enhanced durability, and greater versatility, Baby K’tan can hold babies up to 35 lbs. (Solly Baby can only hold babies up to 25 lbs.).
Bottom Line: However, after looking closely at both products, we’ve concluded that Solly Baby has the edge over Baby K’tan. Despite its flaws, it has an overall 5-star rating, and new moms and dads love the product.
We hope you found the Solly Baby vs. Baby K’tan comparison useful. If you have any other products on your mind that you would like us to review, please let us know, and our expert moms and dads will help you!
- Solly Baby vs Boba Wraps: Which Is The Best?
- Solly vs. Moby Baby Wrap – Which One Will You Love More?
- Solly Baby vs. Happy Baby Wrap: Which Should You Opt For
- Baby K’tan Breeze vs. Active: Which is Best?
- Baby Wrap Battle: Baby K’tan Original vs Moby Wrap Cotton