Last Updated on
Even if you never saw yourself as the baby-wearing type, it’s hard to ignore the benefits of a suitable baby carrier that’s designed like a wrap instead of a reliable and stuff baby carrier that you buckle or snap across your body.
With both the Baby K’tan Breeze and Baby K’tan Active, you get a baby wrap that can be pulled over your body as soon as you take it out of the box, rather than wrestling with the fabric in trying to figure out how to wrap it around your body to best hold your baby.
When looking at the Baby K’tan vs. Baby K’tan Active, though they’re from the same brand, they do offer some differentiating qualities that might make choosing between them a little bit easier.
Although they’re both made of a breathable fabric, right off the bat, their fabric is very different from each other. With the Breeze, you’re getting breathable mesh cotton, whereas the Active is made from a hi-tech performance fabric that provides a cooling effect and pulls moisture from your baby’s body to keep him or her comfortable while in the wrap against your body.
Both carriers are hip healthy and provide the right kind of design to keep your baby’s legs in the right position for healthy hip development.
They each also offer multiple sizes so that when you wear the carrier, you’re also not uncomfortable and you and your baby can have the perfect baby-wearing experience. Since they’re from the same brand, of course, the Baby K’tan Breeze and Baby K’tan Active are similar enough to make choosing between them difficult, but at the end of the day, they do have some slight differences that, overall, could make one of them a stronger contender for you.
Bottom Line Up Front: If you are stuck, I prefer the moisture wicking fabric of the Active available here. I have never worn a baby carrier where I didn’t sweat somewhat, so this is a HUGE bonus, even if I’m not running a marathon with baby…
|Carrier||Natural Material||Easy to put on||Multiple possible positions||Adjustable||UVA and UVB Protection|
|Baby K’tan Breeze Baby Carrier||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✖️|
|Baby K’tan Active||✖️||✔️||✔️||✖️||✔️|
Baby K’tan Breeze Overview
The Baby K’tan Breeze carrier is looped and formed ready to slip on right out of the box. Thus, you won’t have to try and figure out how to properly put it on, and there are certainly no buckles, straps, or snaps to contend with.
As a 100% cotton carrier that’s made of half mesh knit and half jersey knit, you can be sure that the fabric is breathable enough to keep your baby cool, even when you wear them against your body in warmer weather.
Although you should choose a size by what will fit you best, while being snug-fitting, there’s also an adjustable loop on the back. To use it, you just have to pull down on it to raise baby up on your body and work to distribute their weight comfortably against your body.
The carrier itself is suitable for babies from birth up to 35 pounds regardless of which size you choose for yourself.
In a way, the Baby K’tan Breeze could be the best first wrap carrier for parents and caregivers since it can be put on so effortlessly and pulled merely and stretched to cradle your little one hands-free. It’s a wrap without the need to wrap your baby in a long and confusing piece of fabric.
- Possible Positions: There are five different positions you can use with the wrap, including on the hip, legs facing out, legs facing in, cradled against your body, and cradles with their head covered by a portion of the stretchy fabric.
- Materials Used: The carrier is made from 100% cotton, with half of it containing mesh knit and the other half containing jersey knit.
- Sizes: It comes in sizes extra small-extra large so you can find the fit that best suits you.
- Price: On Amazon,
- Where To Buy: You can find the carrier on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- With all of the different sizes, you can have carriers for differently sized parents, and both be able to experience the benefits of the carrier.
- It’s easy to get the carrier on and off, unlike other wraps, which can be confusing.
- You can efficiently use the wrap through your child’s first birthday.
- There’s a decent amount of positions to keep your growing baby comfortable, regardless of their size.
- It might be made of a mesh material, but the carrier can still get hot with your baby in it against your body.
- The back loop can be difficult to adjust on your own.
- Although there are multiple positions, there are also various steps to arrange the wrap in those different positions.
“This sling is awesome for the summertime. It is very breathable, and I was able to keep my newborn almost totally protected from the sun. It took some practice and tweaking to get baby in the perfect position.” – Janelle N. Travis on Amazon.
“I love this carrier. I have a fussy baby who often just wants to be held, and this carrier allows me to have her close and still be able to do what I have to do. It’s so easy and quick to put on. My only advice is to make sure you get the right size. If you’re unsure go down a size to make sure it’s snug.” – Ali Shaw on Amazon.
“I love this carrier. It’s so comfortable and easy to use. I wear it around the house when my son’s not in it, and whenever he’s ready, he goes right in. I love that I can be hands-free but still snuggle him whenever! It’s also so much easier on my back.” – Nicole Darden on Amazon.
“I love this!!! I am a very physical mama, and so it’s great to take the baby along with me everywhere I go. It is also quite warm and great to walk around with him outside with a jacket and scarf laid over him. Also great to wear around the house to vacuum, do chores, etc.” – Phillip Lazar on Amazon.
Baby K’tan Active Overview
Much like the Breeze, the Baby K’tan Active can be pulled on over your body right out of the box without needing to thread any loops or struggle with a long piece of stretchy fabric.
But unlike the Breeze, the fabric for this particular carrier is made from a stretchy and breathable hi-tech performance fabric. Because of this, you can be sure that any moisture or sweat on your baby will be pulled away with the fabric and help to keep him or her cool while nestled against your body in the carrier.
It also provides up to 90% of UVA and UVB protection to keep your child safe from harmful rays while out in the sun with you.
The Baby K’tan Active can also be worn in the same five positions as the Breeze. It does have a temperature control built in because of its fabric. Similar to the Breeze, it can also be used for children up to 35 pounds. It comes in a variety of sizes to fit most adults comfortably.
The fabric is relatively lightweight for your child’s comfort, and it’s stretchy but also comfortable enough not to make your child feel too confined in any of the five positions. Because moisture wicks away from the fabric, you can even use it to keep your infant close to you while your other children play in the water near you.
- Possible Positions: Like the Breeze, the Baby K’tan Active has five different positions you can use with the wrap, including on the hip, legs facing out, legs facing in, cradled against your body, and cradles with their head covered by a portion of the stretchy fabric.
- Materials Used: It’s made from a breathable and hi-tech performance fabric that you might expect stretchy and breathable workout clothes to be made of.
- Sizes: It comes in sizes extra small-extra large so you can find the fit that best suits you.
- Price: Direct from the brand,
- Where To Buy: You can purchase the carrier from the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Target.
- It’s handy during the summer months or even just in general, since wearing your baby can sometimes overheat you both.
- Since it comes ready to wear, you’ll have less of a headache when trying to figure out how to wrap your baby in the carrier.
- The fabric is so lightweight and stretchy, it may feel more like a hammock for your little one.
- Because of the snug fit, your baby is more likely to welcome naps while in the carrier than with some other similar slings.
- Since the carrier is purchased according to size, you may not be able to share it with your partner.
- Although it’s meant for babies from birth and up, it may be hard to arrange proper head and neck support for your newborn.
- There isn’t much back support for parents or caregivers. So prolonged wearing at a time can make your lower back sore.
“Baby and I LOVE this!! I don’t think I could get anything done without it! We have had it for 3 months, and she is 5 months old now. She still loves it and fits securely. The fabric is soft, light, and breathable. It is also very portable, unlike other wraps and carriers.” – Kristina on Amazon.
“I love this carrier. I had the moby Classic, and it is way too much fabric and a way to hot and heavy. This doesn’t require wrapping all up, and the reviews are right: size down!! So glad I listened. I usually wear a L and ordered a M. It fits great and holds the baby very well.” – Max Bowers on Amazon.
“Love the K’tan Active! So easy to throw on and put the kiddo in it. Takes up very little space in a purse or diaper bag, especially compared to a more structured carrier that does the same thing. Super light weight means that it’s still warm to carry a baby around, but not a deal breaker, like the Bjorn is in the summertime!” – K. Smith on Amazon.
“I love this wrap. I have a preschooler and a new baby. This has been great for summer months chasing my kid around and having my baby with me. It kept us both cool and allowed me to be active with my preschooler and let baby nap.” – Michael Steward on Amazon.
The Verdict: K’Tan Breeze or Active?
While both the Baby K’tan Breeze and Active аre very similar to each other, the only real difference comes with the Baby K’tan Active. It has that moisture wicking fabric that also protects from the sun. Sure, the Breeze is also made of a breathable fabric, but the stretchy mesh material of the Active makes it one that any parent or caregiver would prefer year-round.
Its crowning achievement is the ability to keep both you and your baby cool while wearing your baby in the carrier, but it can easily be worn any time of the year. And since that’s the most significant difference between the two, the Baby K’tan Active is the stronger of the two carriers. The strength is apparently in its useful fabric, that’s not only comfortable and cooling for your baby, but for you as well.
Choosing between more than one baby carrier can be a daunting task. Especially when two such as these are so similar to each other.
It can make picking tone all the more difficult, but as long as you know what you want and what your baby needs, it makes the decision a little more comfortable. Since both the Breeze and Active are both $60 and can be worn in the same positions, it comes down to the fabric. And when compared to the Baby K’tan Breeze, the Active has what it takes to keep your baby and you both comfortable at all times.
Bottom Line: If you are stuck, I prefer the moisture wicking fabric of the Active available here. I have never worn a baby carrier where I didn’t sweat somewhat, so this is a HUGE bonus, even if I’m not running a marathon with baby…