Last Updated on
Choosing a stroller for your new arrival is such an exciting thing to do, and it means you are finally getting close to meeting the little bundle of joy that will change your life!
As exciting as it is, it’s also something you need to think carefully about, especially as it may well be one of the most expensive things you buy for your little one.
To help you decide we are going to compare two of the best strollers currently available: The Nuna Mixx vs the UPPAbaby Vista. Both of these strollers are high-end models, that are suitable from birth, with all the features you need to comfortably get around with your little one.
But which one is better for you? We are going to look in detail at the features of each model, as well as the pros and cons to help you decide.
There are lots of things to consider when choosing a stroller, such as the price, safety features, size, and style.
- 1 Main Differences Between Nuna Mixx vs UPPAbaby Vista
- 2 The different types of strollers available
- 3 Nuna Mixx Stroller
- 4 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
- 5 The Verdict: Vista or Mixx?
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Final Thoughts: Nuna Mixx or UPPAbaby Vista?
Main Differences Between Nuna Mixx vs UPPAbaby Vista
The main differences between the Nuna Mixx and UPPAbaby Vista re:
- The UPPAbaby Vista can be adapted to carry more than one child
- The Nuna Mixx seat has the ability to lie completely flat, making it suitable from birth even without a bassinet
- The UPPAbaby Vista comes with everything you need for one child in the box, including the bassinet, the Nuna Mixx does not include a bassinet- this needs to be purchased separately
- The UPPAbaby Vista is more expensive, especially if you need the add on extras for more than one child
The biggest difference when is comes to the Nuna Mixx vs the UPPAbaby Vista, is the fact that the UPPAbaby Vista can adapt to take more than one child.
The UPPAbaby Vista also includes everything you need in the box, whereas with the Nuna Mixx you will need to purchase the bassinet separately, although this is not strictly necessary, as the seat on the Nuna Mixx can lie completely flat, so you can use it for a newborn if you want to without a bassinet.
There are also different types of strollers available, one of which might suit you better depending on your lifestyle, and what you will be using it for on a daily basis.
The different types of strollers available
Full Sized Strollers and Travel Systems
These types of strollers are very popular, as they are adaptable and suitable from birth. They usually come with a bassinet attachment for newborns, a seat attachment, and you can almost always attach your infant car seat to the base of the stroller as well, making it suitable from birth right up until age 3 or 4. The disadvantage of these is they are bulky, even when folded, so sometimes not suitable for very small cars.
These are best suited to people with an active lifestyle. The tires on jogging strollers are often larger, with a thick tread for grip.
They also usually only have three wheels and very good suspension, making them perfect for navigating rough terrain, such as forest trails and snow. A car seat can usually be added with adaptors, making this type of stroller suitable from birth if required.
These are perfect for traveling as they fold up very neatly into one compact piece and are very light, great for keeping in the trunk of your car, or taking on holiday.
The downside to these is that they are not suitable from birth as there is no bassinet, and the seats don’t usually lie completely flat. You also cannot add a car seat to these, so they are generally better for older babies and toddlers
Nuna Mixx vs UPPAbaby Vista – Which one should you choose?
Both the UPPAbaby Vista and the Nuna Mixx are full sized strollers which have the ability to add a bassinet or a car seat. They can both be folded to fit in the trunk of a car, however, there are a few differences between the two that might make one a better choice for you and your family.
We have taken a detailed look at both of these strollers, looking at the pros and cons of each, as well as comparing details of the two such as price, size and weight, style, agility and safety features, to help you make the right decision.
Nuna Mixx Stroller
The Nuna Mixx is an all season stroller with all terrain wheels, that has four modes, making it suitable from birth, all the way to 20kg or 44lb, which is around age 5-6. This all round stroller is perfect for families who are out and about a lot, due to it’s agility, and fuss free folding. The suspension technology ensures that your little one will have a smooth ride, no matter where your adventures take you.
One of the best features of this stroller is that the seat is fully reclinable, with 5 different recline positions that can be operated with just one hand. The fully reclined position is what makes this stroller suitable from birth.
However, there is also a bassinet attachment available (sold seperately) which you can add on if you prefer. The seat is well padded, and features an adjustable footrest with calf support, ensuring your little one can sleep comfortably while you are out and about.
A reversible seat means you can have your baby facing you, or facing out to the world. The Nuna Mixx also features an adjustable handlebar, which means that a caregiver of any height can comfortably use this stroller.
The adjustable handlebar has the added bonus that it can also be used to pull the stroller along like a trolley when it is folded away, this could be very useful for at airports and for any other occasions where you might need to keep the stroller folded, but move it around with ease.
Add on options for the Nuna Mixx Stroller
The Nuna Mixx is suitable for use from birth right out of the box, due to the lie flat position of the seat, but some parents prefer to add a bassinet, which is sold separately.
- Car Seat and Adaptors
- Mixx Series Stand (for the bassinet)
- Rain Cover
- Cup holder
- Child tray
- Wheeled Travel Bag
- All season seat, keeping little ones cool in the Summer and cosy in the Winter
- Forward and rear facing seat
- Height adjustable handlebar
- Fully reclinable seat
- Luxe matte black frame with stylish chrome wheels
- Comfortable leatherette accents on the push bar and arm bar
- Easily opens and adjusts with one hand
- Large UV protective sun canopy, with ventilation panel and peek-a-boo window
- Large storage basket
- Large foam filled tyres, suitable for any terrain
- Compatible with the Nuna Pipa car seat
- 27lb- excluding canopy and arm bar
- Easy to clean
- Compact folded size of 16H x 23.6W x 35.8L inches
- Fully reclinable seat is suitable from birth
- Suitable for use on all terrains
- Large, extendable sun canopy
- Opens and closes easily with just one hand
- Suspension technology ensures a smooth ride
- Comfortable padded seat with footrest and calf support
- Handle and be used to pull the stroller along even when it is folded
- A bassinet is not included, but can be purchased separately
- Quite a narrow seat, may be tight for older children
Parents opinions on the Nuna Mixx Stroller
We’ve had a look at the reviews to see what parents opinions are of the Nuna Mixx Stroller:
- Well made, versatile, stylish, and functional
- Very compact when folded- fits into the trunk of a small car
- Superior suspension to other stroller brands
- East to maneuver with one hand
- Functional and attractive- Looks more expensive than it is
- The fabrics used by Nuna are nicer than anything else on the market
The Nuna Mixx has a very respectable 4.8 out of 5 stars on google reviews, and the only negative comments we saw were that there is no cup or key holder included, but these are available to buy seperately.
UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
The UPPAbaby Vista is one of the most versatile strollers available on the market at the moment. The thing that sets the UPPAbaby Vista apart from other strollers is how easily it can be converted from a one, to a two seated stroller, making it the ideal choice for growing families, or families with twins.
The frame is very strong, holding up to 50lb, meaning that with the addition of an extra seat, known as the ‘Rumble Seat’ and the Piggy Back ride along with the board, this stroller can even take up to three children!
With the addition of a bassinet, which is included in the box, the UPPAbaby Vista is suitable from birth. The bassinet is longer than average, with deep sides, as well as a vented base and canopy making it even suitable for overnight sleep, a huge advantage on holidays as the baby can sleep in it’s own familiar bassinet rather than a hotel travel cot. A baby car seat can also be added with adaptors and the UPPAbaby Vista is compatible with most of the top car seat brands, transforming this stroller into a full travel system.
For families with twins, or a baby and a toddler, the UPPAbaby Vista can easily be converted to take two, one on top of the other, with the addition of either an extra bassinet or a rumble seat. For most parents, this is preferable to having a wider double stroller where the two infants are side by side, as the stroller is streamlined and easy to navigate around narrow paths, doors and in shops.
You can be sure that your little one will be in for a comfortable ride, as the UPPAbaby Vista features large wheels, and front and rear suspension, as well as a padded seat, making it suitable for rough terrain. The large underseat basket is perfect for bringing all the baby gear you need, as well as some extras such as shopping.
Add on options for the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
The UPPAbaby Vista comes with everything you need for one child, but there are add ons available to purchase for if you decide to convert your stroller to take two:
- Rumble Seat (for a second child)
- Car Seat adaptors for your chosen car seat
- Carrycot Stand
- Carrycot Mattress cover
- VISTA piggyback ride along board
- Additional Bassinet (for twins)
- Infant Snug Seat
- Travel Bag
- Lightweight: Frame and Seat are 12kg (26.45lb), carrycot is 3.8kg
- The strong Chassis can hold weights of up to 50lb
- Compact folded size of 17.3 x 25.7 W x 33 H inches
- Suitable from birth with the included bassinet, or a car seat attachment
- Large storage basket
- Height adjustable handle
- Comes with rain cover and bug sheild
- Large colour range to choose from
- Perfect for families with twins, or a baby and a toddler
- Stylish, with multiple colours and leather accents
- Suitable from birth
- Comes with everything you need for one child
- Reclinable seat
- Easy to maneuver with one hand
- Front and rear suspension, and large wheels suitable for all terrains
- Quite expensive, with add ons to buy if you need to use it for more than one child
- Tricky to maneuver with more than one seat added
- Still quite bulky even when folded.
Parents Opinions on the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
We’ve been checking out the reviews, to see what parents really think about the UPPAbaby Vista:
- Smooth ride with the rubber wheels
- Fully reclinable, and great that in can accommodate up to three kids
- Fantastic quality
- Fabric is easy to clean and storage is amazing
- Handles rough terrain very well
- Perfect if you have or are planning on having more than one child
The UPPAbaby Vista has a massive 4.8 out of 5 stars on google reviews, and the only negative comments we could find were about the price, as it’s quite expensive, and the 5 point harness being tricky to make small enough for very tiny babies.
The Verdict: Vista or Mixx?
Both the Nuna Mixx and the UPPAbaby Vista are great strollers, and both suitable from birth, however, the UPPAbaby Vista comes with a lot more in the box than the Nuna Mixx, and has the ability to adapt to take up to three children with the addition of a rumble seat and the piggy back ride along board.
Size wise, the Nuna Mixx is just slightly smaller when folded than the UPPAbaby Vista, which may be important to you if you have a very small car. The width of the Nuna Mixx is just over two inches narrower than the UPPAbaby Vista, which is quite a lot when you are trying to navigate shop doors and narrow sidewalks
It’s a hard choice, but the UPPAbaby Vista has come out top here, due to its adaptability for more than one child, and the fact that it comes with everything you need for one child in the box, whereas the Nuna Mixx does not come with a bassinet.
The seat on the UPPAbaby Vista is suitable from 6 months. Prior to that you can use the bassinet (included) or attach an infant car seat.
The Nuna Mixx can carry up to 20kg or 44lb in weight.
Unfortunately, no. The bassinet is included in the box, and it sold with both the seat and the bassinet at all retailers.
The Nuna Mixx is compatible with the Nuna Pipa range of car seats.
The material on the Nuna Mixx is resistant to light rain, but in heavy showers, you should use the rain cover, which is included.
Yes, the UPPAbaby Vista comes with both a rain cover and a bug shield for the bassinet and seat.
Final Thoughts: Nuna Mixx or UPPAbaby Vista?
Both of these strollers are great models, perfect for either city or country living. If you just have one child, then either of these strollers would be a good choice, although the Nuna Mixx is slightly cheaper, which may make it a better option for some.
Bottom Line: Both models are stylish, and great quality, but the UPPAbaby Vista is the winner from these two, because of its ability to adapt for up to 3 children, making it better value for money and more practical for growing families in the long term.
- Britax B Ready vs UPPAbaby Vista – Which is the Best Lightweight Stroller?
- UPPABaby Vista Stroller Review
- Nuna Pepp vs Nuna Tavo: What Fits Your Family Best?
- Nuna Mixx vs UPPAbaby Cruz – Which is the Right Stroller for You?
- UPPAbaby Vista vs Bugaboo Fox Compared