Last Updated on
Today, I have decided to present you some of the best travel strollers available on the market that can spare you a lot of effort and stress while you travel with your little one. All the products listed below are specially developed for travel, so they are all pretty light, portable, and foldable. Most of them will even fit in the plane or train baggage compartments and be considered hand luggage.
- 1 What Are the Best Travel Strollers You Should Consider? – 7 Choices
- 2 1. G-Lite Denny Stroller by UPPAbaby
- 3 2. BabyZen YoYo+
- 4 3. GB Pockit Lightweight Stroller
- 5 4. 3D Lite Convenience Stroller by Summer Infant
- 6 5. Nano Stroller by Mountain Buggy
- 7 6. City Mini 3W Stroller by Baby Jogger
- 8 7. Maclaren Techno XT Stroller
- 9 What to Keep In Mind before Buying a Travel Stroller
- 10 The Best Travel Strollers – the Final Verdict
What Are the Best Travel Strollers You Should Consider? – 7 Choices
1. G-Lite Denny Stroller by UPPAbaby
This is the brand’s latest model and compared to the previous version, this one is much better because it is lighter and also reclinable. It weighs only 11 lbs. On the other hand, because the manufacturer made it lighter, the stroller won’t stay up by itself. However, I think we all agree that lightness is more important, so the issue mentioned above isn’t a very big inconvenience. The baby seat is covered with a breathable mesh. Another improvement is the huge sun canopy with an extra pop-out sun visor.
- It is a very light travel stroller;
- Holds up to 55 lbs.;
- It is a pretty affordable product;
- The mesh makes it perfect for summer months;
- It comes with a large UPF canopy.
- Compared to other similar strollers, the UPPAbaby G-Lite has a smaller recline;
- One customer complained about the product’s brake system which seems to be quite annoying.
There are two available models. The first one is a red and silver combination while the other alternative is a black and carbon model. The UPPAbaby Travel Stroller costs $179.99. Check out the latest price!
Has It Been Recalled?
There have been no recalls for the G-Lite Denny Stroller by UPPAbaby.
2. BabyZen YoYo+
This is a wonderful stroller with a modern and elegant design. Moreover, you will be glad to know that it meets the baggage allowances of most airlines. It is a very light stroller, weighing only 13 lbs. In the package, you will find a storage bag as well as a strap to carry the stroller while boarding a plane. BabyZen is compact yet it is very sturdy. Its major downside is represented by its price which is higher than the average cost of a standard travel stroller.
- This stroller is very easy to handle in terms of folding and unfolding it;
- It is a reclinable travel stroller;
- It provides your baby with a highly effective sun protection canopy;
- BabyZen is one of the most popular baby stroller brands which sells premium quality products;
- It is lightweight which makes it easy to carry around;
- It comes with a large basket placed underneath the baby seat.
- The price of this product is high;
- One reviewer claimed that her baby isn’t feeling very comfortable in the stroller and doesn’t want to spend a lot of time in it but I think this is a highly subjective opinion. Also, it isn’t quite relevant to whether this product is good or not.
You might be pretty shocked by this product’s price. It is, undoubtedly, an expensive stroller. BabyZen YoYo+ costs $499. Check out the latest price!
Has It Been Recalled?
There is no data that BabyZen YoYo+ has ever been recalled, so it is safe for use!
3. GB Pockit Lightweight Stroller
This is probably the most compact, lightest, and smallest travel stroller out there. It only weighs 9.5 lbs. and has a narrow width which allows you to pass it through small turnstiles, narrow doors, and plane aisles. Although it doesn’t have straps or carrying bags, you can easily fold this stroller and carry it around in a tote bag. At the bottom of the stroller, you’ll find a small storage bag where you can place small items.
- According to most clients, this stroller is an excellent choice, being comfortable, lightweight, and easy to fold;
- The company has recently launched an upgraded model which is called the GB Pocket Plus. This improved GB stroller comes with a better-designed canopy to protect your baby from sunlight, and it has a recline;
- You can easily use this product when you’re traveling by train or plane because it fits in both the baggage space above your head and under the seat;
- It is a small travel stroller that’s easy to handle.
- It is suitable for children who are at least 6 months old;
- The sun canopy of the standard model doesn’t provide very good protection;
- Only the Pockit Plus model has a recline option.
On Amazon, you will find both the GB stroller models mentioned above:
- The GB to recline completely strollercosts $151.54 and you can choose from the following color alternatives: Capri blue, posh pink, monument black, and seaport blue;
- The upgraded Plus version is sold for the price of $223.80 and there are 4 different colors to choose from: blue, satin black, Laguna blue, and cherry red.
Has It Been Recalled?
There is no information about this stroller being recalled, so it is safe for use.
4. 3D Lite Convenience Stroller by Summer Infant
If your budget is low but not too low, Summer Infant travel stroller might be the best option for you. It reclines until it is almost flat and it is very easy to handle. This stroller weighs 13 lbs. and comes with both a compact fold and a carry strap which make the product easy to transport.
- 3D Lite has plenty of useful features. It is lightweight, portable, and quite sturdy;
- Compared to other similar products, this stroller is pretty affordable;
- The recline function is great, and it can bring the stroller to an almost flat position;
- Features several different storage areas: a back pocket, a cup holder, and a storage area underneath the baby seat;
- Provides plenty of shade under the canopy which is removable and adjustable;
- Something that amazed me and you might like it, too is the fact that there are no less than 11 different available colors that you can select from: black, blue, gray, orange, green, pink, yellow, red, teal, etc.;
- The front wheels have an anti-shock function.
- If your child is tall, the stroller’s legs might dangle a little;
- It seems that the baby seat is a tad thin while also being angled towards the ground which makes your child look like he or she is leaning forward.
The Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is available for purchase on Amazon and its price ranges between $80 and $178, depending on the seller.
Has It Been Recalled?
The 3D Lite Convenience Stroller by Summer Infant has not been recalled, so it represents a safe option for your little one.
5. Nano Stroller by Mountain Buggy
Mountain Buggy Nano appears to be one of the best travel strollers on the market, at only 13 lbs. It presents plenty of useful characteristics such as multi-position recline, padded seat, and an adjustable leg. The package will also contain a travel bag, a carry strap, and even a carry handle. Although it is a compact stroller, it won’t pass as hand luggage for most airlines. It has a sunlight and rain canopy and the entire structure feels pretty sturdy.
- It has a narrow structure so you will be able to stroll on narrow streets or squeeze through narrow doorways easily;
- It is a reclinable stroller;
- You can push it with one single hand;
- Folds up quickly and becomes very small when folded;
- It has a smooth brake system;
- The stroller is equipped with plenty of storage areas;
- It may fit in the storage compartments on board of a plane, but you must make sure that the airline you’re traveling with allows that.
- You cannot fold this stroller with one hand, but I don’t believe that should be a significant drawback;
- It has pretty small wheels which might make it difficult to go down a set of stairs;
- Some users have complained that the adjustment buttons on this stroller are inconveniently placed.
Those who are interested in buying the Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller can find it on Amazon, at the price of $238.95.
Has It Been Recalled?
The Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller is a safe option to consider, although in the past few years several strollers from the same company were recalled including the Mountain Buggy Urban Single and Urban Double Breeze Strollers.
6. City Mini 3W Stroller by Baby Jogger
This is a great stroller, especially when you’re flying with a small child. It is very durable and travel-friendly. In other words, it is light, nippy, and folds down quickly while also being comfortable for your little one. In fact, the manufacturing company uses patented quick-fold technology to create these strollers which allows the user to fold the product in one effortless step. Moreover, the stroller has useful features such as an adjustable protective canopy, multiple recline positions, and front wheel suspension.
- Although it weighs more than other travel strollers, City Mini 3W remains a light product, at 18.4 lbs.;
- You can easily and quickly fold it with one hand;
- It is easy to handle;
- You can tilt back the baby seat to a flat position for when your baby naps on the go;
- It is a highly versatile product that can be used for multiple purposes – it is adjustable, and most components are removable – there is a shop cooler bag, a shop carry bag, and a glider board for bigger kids;
- The stroller has a rubber handlebar which feels better and allows a good grip.
- It has small issues standing on its own when folded;
- The basket underneath the baby seat is pretty small, so you won’t be able to place too many or too large items there;
- A few users said their babies don’t stay comfortable in the seat and that the feet resting pad is not designed too well.
The City Mini 3W comes in 8 different colors, from black and gray to green, purple, and teal. On Amazon, the price of this travel stroller is $179.99.
Has It Been Recalled?
In 2009 The Baby Jogger City Mini Strollers have been recalled because the stroller’s restraint buckle could break or unlatch meaning the baby could fall out which is obviously a serious matter.
7. Maclaren Techno XT Stroller
The Maclaren stroller is a good choice if you want your baby to travel in full comfort and style. It has a large storage area underneath the seat so that you can take all the essential baby items with you, anywhere you go. The manufacturer clearly states that this stroller suits babies, right from birth. It is supposed to completely recline but, to be honest, don’t expect to see a fully flat position. The footrest pad is extendable, and the entire structure makes the process of folding the stroller very easy.
- It weighs 13.8 lbs. So, this stroller is both light and compact;
- You can safely use it for your newborn;
- Comes with handy pockets and storage areas;
- It is easy to fold the stroller with one hand;
- The design is a modern and refined one;
- Comes with replaceable parts.
- The stroller’s straps might be a tad fiddly because every time you need to use them, you must push the back and front buttons at the same time, which for me represents a challenging task because I have small hands and weak fingers;
- If you want to achieve the maximum level of comfort, you will need to purchase some additional pieces and accessories.
There are two versions of the Maclaren Techno XT travel stroller. One is a combination of black and silver while the second model is a mix of charcoal and silver hues. The price of this stroller is pretty high ($395).
Has It Been Recalled?
Yes. The Maclaren Techno XT travel stroller along with many other Maclaren strollers have been recalled in 2009 because the main side hinges pose a serious risk of getting a crushed or amputated finger.
What to Keep In Mind before Buying a Travel Stroller
- Size and weight – travel strollers, unlike regular ones, are lighter, narrower, and more compact. On the other hand, smaller and lighter strollers may come with fewer features;
- Your travel needs – will you travel by car, train or plane? Will you go to places where streets are made of cobblestones? Do you need to carry plenty of items with you? The best possible solution is to buy a compact yet sturdy stroller;
- Ease of folding – this aspect is highly important, especially if you travel solo because you will hold your baby with one hand while trying to fold the stroller with your other hand so make sure to buy one that folds easily;
- Cost – look around to find the best deals. If you’re on a tight budget, you can even consider purchasing second-hand strollers but make sure they’re in a perfectly functioning state;
- Ease of cleaning – when it comes to cleaning the stroller, the best option is to go for a product that enables you to remove the material and wash it in the machine.
The Best Travel Strollers – the Final Verdict
I hope my brief guide that presents some of the best travel strollers on the market has helped you make a well-informed purchasing decision. All the products detailed above are of good quality and they come in handy when you travel with your baby. Let me know which one is your favorite or which stroller you decided to buy.
- Best Jogging Stroller Travel Systems For 2019 and Beyond!
- 6 of the Best Bassinet Strollers You Just Have to See
- 8 Best Umbrella Stroller Options For Tall Parents
- Top 5 Best Double Strollers for an Infant and Toddler
- Top 4 Best City Strollers to Keep You All Moving!