- Enfamil Gentlease vs Similac Sensitive: Which is Best? - September 29, 2022
- Evenflo Reversi Stroller Review: A Great Lightweight Model At a Decent Price - September 28, 2022
- Kendamil vs Aptamil: Which Is the Best Formula for Your Baby? - September 23, 2022
So, you’ve tried different milk formula for your baby, but nothing seems to be working out? Well, don’t worry; read the Lebenswert Formula review to find out if it can be the right choice for your baby.
You’ll find most experts agreeing that breastfeeding is extremely important for a newborn baby – a mother’s breast milk comes with lots of benefits, including several essential vitamins and minerals your baby won’t get from any other source.
Nevertheless, baby formulas come with their own benefits. They’re great alternatives to breast milk. But, picking the best baby formula for your little one can be a daunting task.
When it comes to choosing a baby formula, it is completely your choice; however, there are some factors that you need to consider if you want to make an informed choice. Don’t get hassled if you don’t know then; we’ll cover them in a later section of the article.
While discussing the product with your baby’s pediatrician would be a good first step, we’re here to help you pick the best baby milk formula out of all the leading products on the market.
Our expert new moms have tested Lebenswert Formula with their kids and have put together the Lebenswert Organic Infant Formula review after detailed analysis, market research, and personally experiencing the product with their babies.
- 1 How to pick the best baby formula?
- 2 Lebenswert Formula Review
- 3 Alternatives to Lebenswert – How do they compare?
- 4 Which is the better option?
- 5 FAQ About Topfer and Lebenswert
- 6 The Bottom Line: Is Lebenswert Baby Formula Worth the Money?
How to pick the best baby formula?
When it comes to the wellbeing of your babies, baby formula is something that can save the day. But, choosing the right baby formula can be a challenging task.
With so many options and brands on the market, picking a baby formula can be time-consuming. Here’s what you should be checking while finding the best baby formula:
Is the formula organic?
This is probably the first and most critical factor you need to consider.
Check if the baby formula is free from pesticides and non-GMO. It should not contain any unnecessary growth hormones, oils extracted using hexane, and antibiotics. While an organic infant formula may have a separate ingredients list, they’re 100% safe for your babies.
Is the formula dairy-based?
Dairy-based baby formula can be a nightmare if your baby has a dairy allergy or intolerance. So, make sure you check the dairy contents. If your baby is dairy intolerant, you can use soy formula that contains highly-processed soya beans.
Does the formula contain essential fatty acids?
Many baby formula these days comes with essentials ARA and DHA. While you may find this interesting, these oils are extracted using processes that involve hexane, a neurotoxic substance, even if the baby formula is labeled as organic.
Even though these fatty acids are found in naturally occurring breastmilk, they do not add much nutritional value. So, you can avoid organic infant formula containing ARA and DHA.
What type of sugar does the formula contain?
Since breast milk is naturally sweetened, formula milk typically contains artificial preservatives/ sweeteners. A sugar-like compound that is closely related to the sugar found in breast milk is lactose.
However, lactose is expensive, and due to this, many baby formula manufacturers use plant-based sweeteners such as maltodextrin.
Lebenswert Formula Review
Lebenswert Bio Folgmilch Stage 2 is ideal for babies in their 6th month. You can use this European baby formula when your baby is between 6-10 months.
Further Reading: Check out the best European baby formulas.
Among all the baby formula brands on the market, Lebenswert Formula can be your easiest pick. While other leading brands provide you with different options such as ARA and DHA, iron-fortified, prebiotics, probiotics, and so on, Lebenswert Formula is the simplest organic formula on the market.
If you’re planning to wean your baby off breast milk, Lebenswert Formula can be a great choice. You can also use this formula in addition to breastfeeding. You can use the baby formula in a feeding bottle or add it to Holle’s Whole Grain Porridges.
Lebenswert Bio Folgmilch Stage 2 Formula is gluten-free and easy on the infant’s stomach. Unlike Holle’s Original Formula, Lebenswert Formula does not contain maltodextrin. However, it does contain Canola Oil and Palm Oil which some parents don’t prefer.
Preparing the baby formula is very easy. A scoop is included in the box, and you need to add just one scoop for every ounce of water.
Lebenswert Ingredients List
Organic Skimmed Milk, Organic Milk Whey Powder (Partially Demineralized), Organic Vegetable Oils [organic Palm Oil, Organic Rapeseed Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil], Organic Lactose, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin C, Sodium Chloride, Iron Gluconate, Vitamin E, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin B1, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D
Lebenswert Nutrition Features
- Is suitable for infants aged 6 months or above.
- Does not contain any added sugar.
- Lebenswert Formula is derived from farms that adhere to the stringent guidelines of the Bioland Association (organic Bioland farmers).
- Superior-quality ingredients used and processed judiciously.
- Does not contain pesticides or synthetic nitrogen fertilizers.
- Suitable replacement for mother’s milk.
- Gluten-free and easy to digest.
- The baby formula does not contain any added sugar such as maltodextrin.
- The baby formula does not contain any added coloring or flavors.
- The baby formula does not contain any synthetically derived or genetically modified ingredients.
- Compared to other baby formulas on the market, Lebenswert Formula has a longer shelf-life.
- The formula is suitable for babies who suffer from regular constipation.
- The baby formula is not available on the market. You can only purchase it online.
- Different stages formulas mean that you need to keep switching the product with your infant’s growing age.
- The delivery time is a bit longer.
- Since it does not contain any added sugar, it is very mildly sweet. Whereas, Lebenswert Stage 1 Formula is sweeter, so babies may find it a bit difficult to adjust to the taste of Lebenswert Bio Folgemilch Stage 2.
Alternatives to Lebenswert – How do they compare?
Here are some other alternatives we have compared versus Lebenswert:
Topfer Baby Formula is also preferred by many new moms across the world. And, Topfer Stage 2 Lactana Organic Follow-on Infant Milk Formula is suitable for babies aged 6 months and above. So, if your baby is on Lactana Stage 1 even after 6 months, make sure you switch to Lactana Stage 2 to provide your baby with the proper nutrients required to grow at this stage.
Topfer Lactana Stage 2 adheres to superior-quality standards and the latest findings by nutritional scientists. Most importantly, it contains Vitamin A required by your baby’s body to boost the immune system and iron for proper mental growth.
The baby formula is organically grown and is loaded with valuable bifido cultures, long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids, and is organic.
To prepare the formula, all you need to do is mix it with boiled water. You can use the scoop included in the product package to measure the powder. Typically, 1 scoop is added for 1 oz. water. You can increase the portions depending to meet the increased mineral and protein requirement of growing babies.
Don’t worry about the calories; there aren’t many. At this stage, just focus on nutrition value.
Topfer Nutrition Features
- Suitable for babies aged 6 months or older.
- Contain organic milk and other ingredients cultivated using organic farming techniques.
- Comes with essential omega-6 and omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids.
- Does not contain any ingredient that contains gluten.
- Contains LC-PUFA and probiotics.
- Produced in accordance with EU Organic Regulation.
- Easy to mix and feed.
- The Stage 2 baby formula is suitable for weaning babies off breastfeeding.
- The baby formula is easy to digest and light on the infant’s stomach.
- The baby formula is organic, so you don’t need to worry about the nutritional value.
- The consistency and texture of Topfer Stage 2 Baby Formula are similar to breast milk. ‘
- It helps in relieving constipation caused by other baby formulas on the market.
- Topfer Stage 2 Baby Formula is a little expensive as compared to Holle Lebenswert Formula.
- The product can only be purchased online. It is not available on the market shelves.
Which is the better option?
Now that you’ve gone through the Lebenswert Formula review, you know its features, pros, and cons. Do you think it is a good option for your baby? The best thing about Lebenswert Formula is that it does not contain maltodextrin or any other added sugar.
Don’t you think this factor is enough to make the product your first choice? You can use the product in addition to breast milk or as a substitute; the choice is all yours. Since it’s gentle and light, you can easily switch to breast milk or another baby formula.
Along with essential minerals and vitamins (like vitamin D drops) that are required by your baby’s body for proper growth and development, Lebenswert Formula is produced using ingredients from farms that adhere to guidelines of the Bioland Association.
The formula smells much better than many other American formulas. Even though Topfer Stage 2 Lactana Organic Baby Formula can be a good option, it’s much more expensive. However, it’s not as light as Lebenswert Formula. Both the baby formula are gluten-free. So, we have a clear choice here, i.e., Lebenswert Formula.
FAQ About Topfer and Lebenswert
Is it OK to switch baby formula back and forth?
Yes, it’s absolutely fine to switch baby formula back and forth. Changing the baby formula won’t cause any harm to your child. However, make sure you check your baby’s food allergies (hypoallergenic formula) before picking the products. If your baby is lactose or dairy-intolerant, switching back and forth won’t be a good idea.
How do I know if I need to change the baby formula?
Here are a few signs that your baby is finding it hard to adjust to the baby formula you’re using:
Excessive crankiness, fussiness, or crying during the formula feeding sessions.
Frequent gas and bloating.
Severe constipation or very watery stools.
Which formula is closest to breast milk?
Topfer Baby Formula is closest to breast milk. It’s consistency, texture, and smoothness is similar to breast milk. It’s more fluid and thin than all other baby formulas on the market.
Which is best, cow’s milk or goat milk formulas?
Goat milk formula, in general, is believed to be the slightly better choice than cow’s milk formula. Nevertheless, there are a few facts that will determine which is actually the best for your baby.
Nutritionally, they are technically the same. Goat’s milk, however, due to its protein composition is often referred to as “hypoallergenic” since many users report that it’s less likely to cause tummy difficulties for babies that are sensitive to cows milk proteins.
Do formula fed babies gain weight quickly?
Research shows that formula-fed babies weigh more than breastfed babies. In fact, the average weight of a 1-year old formula-fed baby is a little higher than the average weight of a 1-year old breastfed baby. Formula-fed babies generally gain weight slowly during the initial few months after birth and then quickly once they turn 6 months old.
Is a breastfed infant healthier than formula-fed babies?
Even though breastfeeding is a nutritionally complete choice for growing infants, it is not possible for all women to breastfeed due to an underlying health condition or cosmetic choice. Formula milk provides your baby with all the nutrition their body needs to grow and develop. Some mothers often worry that it would be difficult to bond with their baby if they don’t breastfeed; however, this is just a myth. These days, the baby formulas also contain antibodies and probiotics to boost your baby’s immune system.
Is baby formula more filling than breast milk?
Since baby formula takes more time to digest than breast milk, it keeps your baby’s stomach filled for extended durations. Moreover, formula-fed infants require fewer feedings than infants who are breastfed. In fact, infants end-up drinking more milk from the feeding bottle than the breast. So, baby formula is definitely more filling than breast milk.
The Bottom Line: Is Lebenswert Baby Formula Worth the Money?
So, you’ve gone through the detailed Lebenswert Formula review, as well as the review of a similar product – Topfer Stage 2 Lactana Organic Follow-on Infant Milk Formula. While we’ve already mentioned above that we recommend Lebenswert Formula over Topfer powdered formula, the final choice is yours.
Depending on your baby’s health and allergies, you can pick the baby formula that best suits your requirement. Make sure you keep in mind the factors you need to consider while choosing formula milk for your baby.
Also, since both products are suitable for babies over 6 months, test the products with your child before switching over from the baby formula you’ve been using since their birth.
Even though we’ve covered frequently asked questions in the last part of the article, please feel free to write to us if you have any more questions about the baby formula in general. If there are other baby products that you would like us to review, please drop us a note below.
Where to Buy Lebenswert Formula?
It’s not easy to find and is generally only available online via specialty retailers in the US and Canada. The following are vetted vendors (we’ve tried/tested), featuring reliable service, delivery times, and cost:
- MyOrganicCompany: It’s also sometimes worth checking their selection here, although I’ve found prices to be slightly higher for individual packages BUT less expensive for BULK. NOTE: If you use code THEBABYSWAG at checkout you can also save an additional 5%.
- LittleBundle.com: First, definitely check out Lebenswert on Huggable.com here (use code TBS5OFF to take 5% off your ENTIRE order). They frequently have the best prices (for individual and bulk). Best of all, they have one of the most reliable supply chains and fastest shipping times.
- OrganicBabyFood.shop: They are somehwat newer to the market, but do offer low priced individual options and wholesale pricing (Use code BABYSWAG5 to take 5% off your whole order). Great for ordering solo boxes (cheapest I’ve found).