- Ubbi vs Diaper Genie: Which Is The Best Diaper Pail? - February 15, 2023
- Chicco Bravo vs Bravo LE: What’s the Difference? - February 14, 2023
- Oatmeal vs Rice Cereal: Which Is Best For Your Baby? - February 6, 2023
Any parent to a toddler knows how strong the outdoor play itch gets as soon as the weather breaks the summer is officially here. Since summer is almost upon us, your toddler will no doubt be urging you to take them outside and for that, you are going to need to know about the best summer outdoor toys for toddlers.
There is nothing wrong with running around outside or engaging in some creative play with sidewalk chalk of course, but there are other outdoor activities that toddlers specifically can get into to make the most out of their outdoor play.
Water tables and sprinklers, in particular, are always favorites among toddlers. Not only do they engage your little one in active play, but they are an easy way to cool down when the weather gets especially warm outside. The goal with any toy is always to get your little one moving so they aren’t wasting energy.
Plus, if you can get your toddler outside playing, they will be ready for a mid-afternoon nap, so it’s a total win-win. If you live somewhere where it’s not always warm outside, then all the more reason to get the most out of the outdoors when summer comes.
So before your toddler even has a chance to get antsy, take a look at the best outdoor summer toys for toddlers out there right now.
Jump to a specific section
1. Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table
If you are looking for a water table for your toddler, it doesn’t get much better than the Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table. The table has a little Ferris wheel that moves when each pocket is filled with water and there’s a large spiral chute in the center of the table that little ones can drop balls down and watch fall in the water in the table.
It also comes with a water cup and five little characters that your child can fill with water and squirt for added fun. The table is perfect for honing fine motor skills, which is especially important for younger toddlers. Plus, it’s relatively easy to initially put the water table together.
- Child Age Range: The table is designed for kids from ages two years old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: It’s big enough for more than two little ones to play around the table at once.
- The Not So Great: If you aren’t careful, it is possible for mold or mildew to build up in the toys.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table.
2. Lovelion Beach Toy Set With Activity Table
Your toddler can bring the beach to your backyard with the Lovelion Beach Toy Set with Activity Table. Half of the table is dedicated to sand play, while the other half is all about water play. Your toddler will undoubtedly combine them at some point, but it offers multiple ways to engage in sensory play that your toddler is bound to enjoy for hours every day.
The table is just small enough to actually take to the beach with you, and give your toddler more ways to play with it. It comes with a plastic watering can, and shape molds, and a shovel. And when the weather isn’t so playing-friendly anymore, you can flip the tabletop over and use it as a little activity pad.
- Child Age Range: The table is designed for toddlers ages three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon.
- The Best Part: There is more than one or even two ways to get use out of the little play table.
- The Not So Great: The table might be a little small for toddlers as they get a little older.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Lovelion Beach Toy Set With Activity Table.
3. Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Ride On
The Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Ride-On is a 10 foot long ride-on plastic roller coaster that your toddler can get literal years of use out of. Set it up on your driveway or in your backyard and watch your toddler as they ride on the coaster over and over, because they will definitely want to play with it for hours on end.
There are little notches in the top of the roller coaster to hold the cart in place before your little one propels him or herself forward.
And although there isn’t a safety belt of any kind, most toddlers will be safe enough on the coaster with you nearby. The coaster comes in three different pieces that slide together easily and come apart easily when you want to put it away.
- Child Age Range: It’s made for children from 2-5 years old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: If you have an open space in your home, you can even bring the roller coaster inside once the summer ends.
- The Not So Great: If your toddler isn’t careful, he or she could topple back when the car is at the top of the coaster.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Ride On.
4. Simplay3 Young Explorers Adventure Climber
The Simplay3 Young Explorers Adventure Climber might be a little more involved than you prefer for your toddler’s outdoor summer toys, but after dealing with putting it together, your toddler can get a lot of use out of it and not just in the summer months.
The set has multiple sides for climbing, little “tunnels” underneath, and an extra-wide slide so that more than one toddler can play on the climber at once. It’s a lot more involved than other similar smaller toddler climbers, but not so intricate that it is unapproachable to put together. Overall, it promotes constant outdoor play and that’s the whole goal.
- Child Age Range: The climber is made for toddlers from 18 months old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The climber has play areas to enable multiple kids to play together at once.
- The Not So Great: It might be a little tedious for some parents to put together.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Simplay3 Young Explorers Adventure Climber.
5. Little Tikes Beach Ball Sprinkler
No kid’s summer is complete without a backyard sprinkler and the Little Tikes Beach Ball Sprinkler is the perfect option for your toddler. You can even play with it yourself if the day is extra hot, and it’s quite easy to use.
All you have to do is inflate the ball, hook it up to your hose outside, and watch the water squirt out of the many holes in the beach ball sprinkler. Your toddler can get as close to the beach ball sprinkler as they want, or choose to keep their distance and feel just the light effects of the water.
Either way, they can get used out of the sprinkler all summer long. And as your child grows out of the toddler stage, they can still enjoy the sprinkler.
- Child Age Range: The sprinkler is designed for children from 18 months old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Kids of all ages can enjoy the sprinkler together.
- The Not So Great: There is an off chance of something puncturing the sprinkler ball and causing leaks.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Little Tikes Beach Ball Sprinkler.
6. Pure Fun Rocker Kids Seesaw
A water table and sprinkler are no-brainers when it comes to outdoor summer toys for toddlers, so the Pure Fun Rocker Kids Seesaw is definitely thinking outside of the box for outdoor play. There is a large handle that is easy to grip on either side of the seesaw and a bar to keep toddlers from falling back as they tilt up and down.
The seesaw has enough stability to keep little ones safe as they rock together while providing tons of outdoor fun that is a little different from the norm. You can also move it indoors when the summer is over and as long as you are nearby, the seesaw is as safe as it gets for toddlers.
- Child Age Range: It is made for children from 3-7 years old.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It rocks back and forth gently enough for young kids and is durable enough to not topple over.
- The Not So Great: Putting the seesaw together can be a bit of a headache for some parents.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Pure Fun Rocker Kids Seesaw.
Most toddlers would have a field day with any one of these outdoor summer toys. There’s no wrong outdoor toy when it comes to the ones on this list and if your child is lucky enough to play with one all summer, they will have tons of fun all summer long.
There is a chance that they will grow bored with one of them faster than some of the others, but the beauty is that kids have short attention spans anyway.
Even if they go a few days suddenly uninterested in their splash pad, they might have a renewed interest in it the following week. Most of these toys can even be used indoors, so when the summer is over, your toddler can still get plenty of use out of some of these outdoor summer toys.
And if your toddler gets more use out of these throughout the year, then they will be worth every penny. The point is, any one of these outdoor toys is sure to bring your child hours of fun on most days this summer and you’ll be the coolest parent on the block for getting it for them.