- Best Reversible Strollers Guide: My Top 7 Choices & How to Pick the Right One for Your Baby - October 10, 2022
- The 10 Best Nanny Payroll Services  - May 20, 2022
- Nuna Leaf Grow vs Curv : Which Is Best? - May 20, 2022
Lately, I have started to hear more and more about this diaper-like system that everybody says works wonders.
So, I’ve looked into it and I’ve decided to help parents out there discover what GroVia Hybrid is, how it works, and if it’s worth it.
Below, you’ll find all those details and more regarding this product which seems to have revolutionized the entire diaper industry.
- 1 GroVia’s Features
- 2 How Does GroVia Hybrid System Work?
- 3 How Does GroVia Hybrid Perform?
- 4 Pros and Cons
- 5 My Personal Opinion and Experience with GroVia
- 6 Where Can You Purchase GroVia from?
- 7 FAQ’s About GroVia Hybrid Diapers
- 8 GroVia Hybrid Review – the Final Verdict
GroVia’s shell is a one-size cover made from TPU and has an inner mesh fabric. The company promotes the hybrid diaper and recommends parents to use it together with some accessories:
- Snap-in soakers;
- Disposable BioSoakers;
However, you can safely use the diaper with any other insert of your choice that’s absorbent enough. The only exception is made by raw microfiber which should be avoided.
The shell isn’t wipeable because of the inner mesh material. Still, you can easily reuse it multiple times by simply replacing the insert part with a clean new one. Once the cover gets soiled or wet, you’ll need to clean it as well.
You might wonder how long do GroVia diapers last?! Well, they are very durable but it depends on how often you wash them. Like any other product, the less you need to wash it, the longer it will last. If you have several of them and you use them by rotation, expect to last for about 10-12 months.
- This is a premium and high-quality cloth diapering system that is also waterproof;
- The cover is fitted and adjustable. Its closure mechanism is easy to handle and it resembles one of traditional diapers;
- It’s machine washable. Before placing the hybrid diaper into the washer, you need to remove as many solids as you can from the inner holder and place the shell cover in a dry diaper bin. Use a mild detergent and warm water to wash the product every two days. Avoid using bleach or fabric softeners because these might damage the fabric.
How Does GroVia Hybrid System Work?
The shell is reusable multiple times after each diaper change. The mesh layer on the soakers keeps the moisture away from your baby’s bottom and deep within the microfiber. This entire revolutionary system truly delivers when it comes to quality and comfort. The upper layer will remain dry for a long period.
Once the soaker pad becomes completely saturated, you will start to feel some moisture appearing on the mesh inside the shell. Nevertheless, you will never feel the inside fabric completely soaked. To make it tighter, there’s a snap on the inside part that I always close although I wish the diaper had two snaps because the way it now makes the entire product look a tad bunchy on one side.
Sometimes, depending on how big your kid is, you might see a small gap between the diaper and the baby’s legs but this can happen only when the child sits down. Still, the gap can become an issue, especially when we think about the fact that little kids are energetic and they constantly stand up and sit down.
How Does GroVia Hybrid Perform?
Materials and Design
There’s no doubt in the fact that this product is a premium one, made from high-quality fabrics with nice finishing touches. The soakers, as well as the shell, are soft while the diaper’s stitching has a great finish without featuring certain issues such as fraying or loose threads.
The shell is movable, smooth, waterproof, and stretchy. It lacks the unpleasant feeling of plastic or unnatural materials. Moreover, these systems can be purchased in a pretty wide range of vibrant colors and prints so I could say that your little one will turn into a tiny fashionista.
During absorbency tests, it seems that GroVia outperformed a lot of its competitors. Apparently, it has the ability to hold plenty of wetness but what’s more important is to also consider this product’s wicking capability.
The diaper’s multiple layers allow moisture to go deep in the fabric and not remain right on the surface in order to protect the baby from feeling wet and uncomfortable. So, you won’t have to worry that your child is exposed to wetness in between diaper changes.
Fit and Leakage
When it comes to fit and leakage, GroVia Hybrid is an excellent choice. It fits babies from 8 to 30 pounds. On the other hand, this piece of information lets us know that the system might not be perfect for newborns so you might have to wait a while until your little one is big enough for GroVia. The snaps of the shell are sturdy and strong.
You can choose from several different sizing options. Some parents opt for those models that come with three snap rows while others prefer the ones with two snap rows around the waist area. In our opinion, I believe that the second choice is better due to the fact that it prevents the material to bulk up around the infant’s waist.
The shell also features stretchy and elastic leg openings which make the product very comfy and flexible. All the diaper elements are there to ensure waterproofing and to hold all the mess in one place.
The hybrid diaper holds its shape very nicely and it’s quite trim fitting. What I liked about it was the fact that its snap system keeps the waist area from bulking.
Another important and useful feature is the mesh lining of the shell part which is both waterproof and breathable. The soakers will easily yet sturdy snap into the shell which means they won’t allow the system to shift out of place.
Ease of Use
This is a one-size soaking system so you can safely and conveniently use it from infancy all the way to potty training. It’s very easy to use. All you have to do is remove the dirty pad. Then, snap in a clean one and you’re good to go.
The experience will be similar to changing a wet diaper instead of a soiled one. However, sometimes the solids may get on the cover part.
This happens because of the soaker which is trim and small. So, expect the cover to get dirty at times. It’s true that the insert element is highly absorbent. Still, it sometimes fails to hold the poop well. This means you may need to change the cover now and then.
When cleaning the system, you will need to remove the soakers from the shell in order for the cover to be line-dried. The cover, however, air dries quickly. Another advantage of the line-drying characteristic of this product is longevity.
When you say GroVia, you’re bound to talk about green and eco-friendly diapers. The manufacturing company has made a name for itself by designing products that don’t harm the environment. Despite the fact that the company’s production line is located in China, these products are free from harmful substances such as dioxins and formaldehyde.
The shell and the soaker pads are made from organic cotton. It’s true, however, that the waterproofing system is made from polyester. On the other hand, it’s worth mentioning that polyester is a special kind, called TPU, which is greener than many other waterproofing materials.
Another impressive thing about the GroVia Hybrid system is the fact that it contains hemp which is included in the soaker pad. Hemp is great for the following reasons:
- It’s pest-resistant. One doesn’t need to use pesticide on hemp crops, unlike in the case of cotton;
- This creates a mildew resistant and breathable fabric and it works wonders for infants who’re prone to develop diaper rashes;
- Comes with a higher capacity of absorption;
- You can safely place it in sunlight to dry it off because it won’t be degraded by UV;
- It’s a durable material, being significantly more resistant than cotton.
Last but not least, GroVia’s soaker pads are biodegradable and compostable.
The GroVia system is a great choice for those of you who’re searching for features like flexibility, durability, comfort, and eco-friendliness in cloth diapering.
One of the product’s soaker pads, the Stay-Dry one, is excellent all throughout infancy while the second soaker pad, which is made from organic cotton, is amazing during potty training. So, to recap, there’s one single shell that’s made from waterproof TPU. The cover or the shell can host three different types of soakers: no-prep soaker pads, organic cotton soaker pads, and disposable ones.
Pros and Cons
- It has a very good and functional AI2 system;
- Soakers can snap into the diaper’s shell in order to keep them in place;
- This is a one-size-fits-all kind of product and it’s suitable for babies who weigh from 8 lbs. all the way up to 30 lbs.;
- No-prep soakers can be easily used after one single wash and they are highly absorbent;
- The system features gussets that are placed on the soakers and they don’t allow poop going on the shell;
- The shell remains dry at all times due to extra TPU;
- Your baby will always experience a pleasant dry sensation due to microfleece;
- On each tab there are two snaps that prevent wing droop;
- Even smaller infants can wear this system because it comes with cross-over tabs so it will fit small babies snugly;
- Snaps are both durable and large;
- The lining is made from polyester mesh which dries quickly;
- A hybrid shell is available for purchase and it has a combination of two types of closures: a Velcro closure and a snap one.
- It’s harder to customize this special diaper if your baby has skinny legs because of the system’s single row snap closure;
- The shell isn’t wipeable because of the inside fabric which is a polyester mesh;
- According to some moms, the no-prep soakers can be a tad bulky and thick;
- The insert part doesn’t dry off quickly.
My Personal Opinion and Experience with GroVia
What I Like About It
When it comes to cloth diapers, fit plays an important role. I, for one, love those modern and trim fit diapers that don’t have any high fits or saggy bums. The GroVia hybrid system checks all these quality and functionality boxes that everyone should include in the fit department.
At first, I was a bit concerned about the inner mesh fabric, but it turned out to be a very good option because it successfully prevents the inside part from getting wet and staying damp between uses. Another thing that I like about this product is its price. Considering all its features and benefits, I can truly say this is an affordable diaper system.
What I Dislike About It
If you haven’t used or purchased this kind of product before, you will probably be amazed by all the available vibrant colors that GroVia markets.
However, even though there are some nice and good-looking options, I cannot say that I am actually thrilled about their models. In my opinion, the manufacturer should create a wider variety of designs and patterns but that’s just me being picky.
Another thing that I am not crazy about is the system’s hook and loop. In time, the front part will start to pill, creating fuzz balls and leading to lint accumulations. One more thing that bugs me is the size difference between the snap shells and the hook and look system.
The snaps are significantly larger and although I enjoy handling snaps more, I like the smaller size of the other available option.
Where Can You Purchase GroVia from?
You can either enter the company’s official website and search for more details there or you can buy the product on Amazon. One reusable GroVia Hybrid diaper system is sold for the price of $16.95. At the moment, there are 18 different colors and patterns available for purchase: jewel, basil, fable, haze, vanilla, marsala, topaz, polar pool party, and more.
If you choose to buy it from the manufacturer’s website, the more diaper you purchase at once, the bigger the discount will be:
- Ordering 3-6 diapers at once – 5% discount;
- Buying 7-11 diapers in the same order – 7% discount;
- Purchasing at least 12 diapers in one order – 10% discount.
FAQ’s About GroVia Hybrid Diapers
What is a hybrid diaper?
If you are encountering this type of diaper for the first time, hybrid diapers are also reusable diapers made of bio-degradable materials which can also feature cotton or other absorbent materials that are better for your baby’s soft skin.
How long do GroVia diapers last?
There is just not a correct answer to this question, as it all really depends on how many diapers you have at disposal. We recommend starting with their GroVia Hybrid Part Time Package which is usually enough for 6 – 9 months, however, do consider purchasing more in case you are planning to frequently change your little one.
Do you have to wash pocket diapers after every use?
It is really recommended that you wash the diapers after every wetting, otherwise, leakages and rashes may occur. As a caring parent, if you want your baby to be safe and not to deal with redness or rashes, it is necessary to own at least 20 pairs of these hybrid diapers or any disposable diapers as a matter of fact.
GroVia Hybrid Review – the Final Verdict
All in all, the GroVia hybrid diaper system is a very good and convenient product. My child’s safety and comfort come first and this product provides these benefits without a doubt. It comes with an amazing level of absorbency and the entire mix of fabrics is very durable without sacrificing flexibility.
The way the manufacturer made this product is simply amazing and the fact that GroVia is waterproof it helped me relax and stop worrying about potential leaks. Have you ever tried GroVia hybrid diaper? I would love to know what your experience was with this product.