The Seven Baby Sling may be the easiest baby slings you’ll ever use, especially for first-time parents. You simply fold the sling fabric into itself, creating the loop you’ll need to stretch over your body, and once you’ve made this large loop, you slip it on over your head like a sash and position your infant in the sling in a variety of different positions.
You can use the cradle carry position for babies from 0-4 months old, front carry from 2-8 months old, and the hip carry position for babies from six months old and up. The bottom line is that you’ll be able to find the right position for your child, regardless of their size, proved of course that they’re under 35 pounds.
And even then, that means that the Seven Baby Slings carrier will be perfect for your child for a long time since not many parents will be too keen on carrying their 35-pound child in a sling anyway.
The sling itself is made from a comfortable and breathable 97% cotton and 3% lycra material, but you will need to choose which sling is best for you depending on your size.
The slings range from sizes 1-9, or petite to 3X, which means that the carriers are meant to fit parents of varying sizes and can stretch to fit comfortably over most. And it’s recommended that to find the perfect fit; it’s best to size up. This will ensure that not only you are comfortable, but that your baby is comfortable and safe too.
Jump to a specific section
- It can fit babies from infancy all the way up to 35 pounds or past eight months old.
- The sling can also fit most parents, regardless of their sizes, since it comes in a variety of different size options.
- There are some different patterns and prints to choose from as well, so you can pick and determine which carrier is best for you and your baby.
- When taking the sling with you, it’s compact enough to toss in a diaper bag or purse and slip on later.
- For the most part, it provides a snug, but necessary fit, which will ensure that your baby is comfortable and that you won’t have to worry about their safety while nestled in the sling against your body.
- It’s lightweight enough to wear for long periods of time on long walks or while your baby is napping.
- Since it comes in different colors and patterns, you can buy multiple different slings and choose which one matches your outfit each day.
- The different sizes ensure that you’ll find the right sling to fit your body type.
- The material itself is breathable and, for the most part, should keep both you and your baby from overheating.
- At less than $24, the sling should be affordable for most families.
- Although the carrier is designed for babies up to 35 pounds, it might feel too snug for babies of that size.
- In some positions, the sling may not feel like it holds your baby as securely as it should.
- For some younger or smaller babies, it may be difficult to get the sling to fit your infant correctly, even if it’s the right size for you.
How Others Compare
The Boba Wrap may not be a sling exactly, but its stretchy fabric and lightweight design are still comparable to the Seven Baby Sling.
Getting the wrap fitted snugly on your body is fairly simple and once you tie it into place and get your baby fitted in it properly, you can easily slip the wrap on and off as you need to wear your baby in it against your body. Since the fabric itself is quite stretchy, you can be sure that you can even nurse your baby while wearing them in the wrap, much like you can do with the Seven Sling.
You can also be completely hands-free while wearing the wrap, so you’ll be free to move about and take care of different tasks while your baby is comfortably seated in the wrap carrier. It’s made of 95% cotton and 5% spandex, which provides that great stretch, and can be used for babies up to 35 pounds, much like the Seven Baby Slings.
- The stretchy material will form around you and your baby as you wear him or her against your body.
- It can be easily tied and then remain tied so you won’t have to worry about doing it again each time you wear the wrap.
- Thanks to its breathable fabric, you’ll be able to wear it for long periods of time and pretty much anywhere without overheating.
- Parents and caregivers of varying sizes can comfortably wear the wrap since it’s so stretchy and comes in one size.
- Some parents may not love that the wrap’s fabric is quite long, so there can sometimes be a lot of fabric left over.
- For smaller or younger babies, it can be difficult to properly position them in the wrap, much like with the Seven Baby Sling.
- The process of actually wrapping and tying the wrap can be difficult to understand the first time around.
Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
One of the best parts about the Moby Wrap Baby Carrier is the fact that it’s made of 100% cotton, so you can be sure that it will be lightweight enough for wearing it for long periods of time. It’s not only soft and lightweight, but it’s also plenty durable for keeping your baby safe and snug.
The long fabric is meant to make sure it’s possible to fit four babies from preemie size to 35 lbs, which makes it possible for you to wear your baby as long as possible and continue with the bonding experience that babywearing provides.
However, even though there is a lot of fabric involved, it’s designed to be comfortable enough to make sure you want to wear it as often as possible rather than be put off by figuring out how to wrap and tie it.
- Even though the material isn’t as stretchy as that with other similar wraps and slings, that means that it should hold your infant more easily.
- Caregivers of multiple different sizes should be able to fit the wrap.
- The two panels of the top of the wrap help keep your infant’s head snuggled and safely cradled while you wear it.
- Compared to other wraps, the Moby is quite warm when wearing it for long periods of time.
- Since there is so much fabric and it can be exceptionally long, it can be bothersome to travel with so much fabric.
- It can be annoying to wrap it each time and get the hang of getting it securely fitted on your body.
Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier
With a sling carrier like the Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier, you almost have to have different sizes available and it does, including extra small-extra large. This makes it possible to fit the sling carrier on most body types and means a safer and more comfortable fit overall, for both you and your little one.
Regardless of which position you choose to wear your baby in, the carrier provides a healthy hip placement for their legs, which also ensures their overall comfort for short or long periods of time of wearing them.
As far as positions go, you can wear your baby in a newborn cradled position, inward-facing, outward-facing, cradled but sitting up, or on your hip. But no matter what, actually putting on the wrap sling carrier is a breeze since you slip it over your head each time.
That alone eliminated a big issue that most parents and caregivers have with different wraps or slings, which can be a pain to figure out.
- It’s easy to use and put on for pretty much anyone, even if you’re not experienced in baby slings or wraps.
- The different sizes that are offered mean a proper fit of the carrier for both you and your baby.
- With multiple positions, your growing baby can be worn against your body in a variety of different ways that are sure to keep him or her comfortable.
- Some parents might find that after wearing the wrap for a while, they may feel a strain on their lower back, which can make wearing your baby an uncomfortable experience.
- At $50, the wrap isn’t exactly affordable for all families, especially if their little one ends up not taking a liking to it.
- Though it’s designed for newborn babies, the carrier may not feel like it fits smaller infants as snugly or properly as it should.
Cuby Breathable Baby Carrier
With the Cuby Breathable Baby Carrier, the name pretty much says it all. Made of nylon, the sling carrier is meant to be as breathable and cool as possible while allowing plenty of airflows and this is probably the best quality that it has.
However, it can also be worn in four different positions, which is a plus, including facing in, facing out, cradles on your hip, or sitting up on your hip. And you can also take comfort in the fact that, like so many other similar carriers, including the Seven Sling, it can be used from birth to toddlerhood for your child.
If it does get wet or you or your baby sweats a little while wearing it, the fabric is meant to dry quickly, so you shouldn’t be uncomfortable for long. It’s also relatively simple to get your baby nestled into each different carrying position for their comfort.
- At just $17, the carrier sling is plenty affordable, even more so than some other similar products.
- It’s sturdy enough for larger babies to feel comfortable in it and there are different positions to allow comfort and safety for toddlers.
- Unlike some other similar slings, the Cuby can also be worn in water, which can be convenient when wearing your infant and caring for a toddler in a baby pool or sprinkler.
- Some parents might not feel like their child is as secure since the fabric is so stretchy.
- With larger toddlers, it can be unsafe to use the sling, since the fabric will start to pull from the ring and come undone.
- It can be challenging to learn how to wear the sling and use each different carrying position properly.
When compared to some other slings, the Seven Baby Sling might not be the top of the line or the very best of the best, but it does get the job done for the most part. And since it’s so affordable, it’s easy to dismiss some of the less than desirable qualities that it has.
If you can get several months of use out of it, which you should be able to, then it is worth its cost, since it’s so inexpensive. It’s also made of a breathable material that most, if not all.
Parents and caregivers will appreciate it since it’s less likely to overheat you or your baby while wearing them in the sling. Granted, smaller babies may not be ready for the sling despite its claims of being suitable for babies ages zero months and up, but as your baby grows, you’ll be able to get enough use out of the easy-to-use and lightweight sling.