You can call a baby carrier just that all you want, but unless it offers the kind of comfort and versatility that the Lillebaby Embossed Baby Carrier does, you really can’t depend on it for all of your baby carrying needs. The Lillebaby Embossed is first designed with an ergonomic shape in mind to keep your little one in the comfortable “M” position as he or she sits in it.
But it also has six different positions to use as your baby grows into a toddler that cater to his or her needs and wants as well since sometimes babies and toddlers can be fickle about being in the same position every time.
It also doesn’t require an infant insert so that it can be used right away for your newborn at seven pounds and up until your little one hits 45 pounds. Don’t be too disappointed if your toddler is more about being on the go than being carried in the carrier once they reach the 45-pound mark.
For parents and caregivers, the Lillebaby Embossed offers lumbar support to take some of the pressure and weight off your back while wearing your baby in the carrier and since some carriers can basically dig into your skin, that’s a top-notch quality for the carrier to have.
The body of the actual carrier is made of lightweight material with no unnecessary padding, which means less extra material to make you or your little one uncomfortable or warmer than you’d prefer. With adjustable straps and convenient storage pockets, the carrier is one that keeps both you and your little one in mind.
On Amazon, the Lillebaby Embossed Baby Carrier starts at $119 (For the latest prices check here).
- The Carrier itself adjusts to best suit your growing baby, with its extendable torso and sleeping hood that you can choose to utilize at any given time.
- It has an ergonomic cupped seat that’s ideal for healthy hip development in your little one.
- There are six different positions that can be used, including front fetal, front infant, front outward facing, front toddler, and then hip and back carrying.
- The lumbar support adjusts easily and is designed to keep pressure or stress off your back and shoulders.
- The many different positions you can use with the Lillebaby Embossed Carrier make it that much easier to continue to use it as your baby grows.
- The zipper pouch is convenient and big enough to fit most of the essentials.
- It can be adjusted to fit you and your partner if you’re different sizes, as opposed to having very little wiggle room for differently sized caregivers.
- It’s relatively easy to adjust the straps and buckles and take off the carrier without disturbing your baby.
- Since it does have an extendable torso, the carrier might feel a little too big or bulky for some parents or caregivers.
- If you need to adjust the straps a lot, then the extra material will hang off the sides in an awkward fashion.
- When front carrying, it may be difficult to properly buckle to unbuckle the back straps on your own.
How Others Compare
Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier
One of the best things about the Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier has got to be its breathable canvas material. Instead of a microfiber which can often overheat you and your little one, the carrier is made from 100% OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified canvas.
There are both front and back carrying options with it, so while you may not get a handful of ways to wear the career, you do have options that should suit your baby or toddler well enough.
It can be used from 7-45 pounds with the infant insert, or start when your baby hits 15 pounds, and you likely won’t need the additional accessory, provided that your baby can hold his or her head and neck up on their own.
There’s also extra padding for the legs, which can be beneficial if your baby uses the carrier as he or she grows and his or her legs dangle out of the carrier while you wear it. On Amazon, the Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier is $159 (For the latest prices check here).
- There is a nice distribution of weight for your little one, making it easier for you to wear the carrier for longer periods of time.
- The shoulder straps and waistband are thoroughly padded for your comfort.
- For the most part, it’ easy to fasten and buckle together to get it on correctly and safely.
- Some might find that there’s not enough lumbar support in the waistband.
- The neck support part of the carrier doesn’t fold down, so until your little one is tall enough to see over it, they won’t be able to see their surroundings.
- The waistband might not sit comfortably on everyone’s waists and could instead fall well below it, which isn’t comfortable and defeats the purpose.
Ergobaby 360 Carrier
One of the main selling points of the Ergobaby 360 Carrier is its top of the line lower back support thanks to its wide wraparound waistband, which is especially comfortable for moms who are recovering from C-sections. And to help evenly distribute your baby’s weight, there are padded shoulder straps.
If you’re breastfeeding, there’s also a tuckaway hood that can be used in those instances or simply to help shield your newborn from the sun. Speaking of which, if you want to use the carrier right from the start, you can purchase the newborn insert for infants who are 0-4 months old and 7-12 pounds.
Otherwise, it’s best for babies and toddlers who are 4-36 months old and 12-33 pounds. On Amazon, the Ergobaby 360 Carrier is $140 (For the latest prices check here).
- It’s relatively easy to get on and off by yourself, so you won’t need additional help in securing the straps once you have your baby in the carrier.
- When your baby or toddler is secured in the Ergobaby 360 Carrier, they’ll seem as safe as possible, instead of being seated in a way that could worry you of the possibility of them slipping out.
- Overall, it keeps your baby in a more natural position that’s also good for hip development.
- The Velcro on the waistband can be noisier than expected, especially if your baby is sleeping.
- Unfortunately, there aren’t any pockets on this particular Ergobaby carrier.
- The straps that go under your arms might feel uncomfortable for you after a while.
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One
There’s no denying that when you hear the name Baby Bjorn, you instantly associate it with a trusted baby brand that’s been around for decades. So it should come as no surprise that there’s also a carrier under the brand that compares well to the Lillebaby Embossed, and that is the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One.
It offers four different carrying positions that all adhere to the standards set forth by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute, which acknowledged the carrier as a healthy hip one for babies and toddlers.
Since the seat itself is more than 12 inches wide, there is more than enough room for your little one to sit comfortably without being pushed cramped against your body as you wear the carrier.
It also has a thick waistband to help alleviate any pressure as your baby grows and you can use it from 8-33 pounds. On Amazon, the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One is $120 (For the latest prices check here).
- The carrier can be used in the following positions: newborn, baby facing in, baby facing out, and back carrying, which all have their benefits.
- You can use the zippers on each side of the carrier to adjust how your baby’s legs will hang, which can be useful as your baby grows.
- There is a built-in infant insert so you don’t have to purchase one separately.
- All of the clasps, buckles, and adjustments can be confusing at first.
- If you’re more on the petite side, then the carrier might feel too big or long when worn on your body.
Clearly, the main ingredient in having a carrier that lives up to the Lillebaby Embossed is an ergonomic design that allows your baby to be seated in the healthy “M” position. The Lillebaby Embossed has this, as well as added lumbar support for parents or caregivers and multiple positions to be able to give your little one variety while being secured in the carrier.
It might not be the overall perfect career for everyone, but then again, there isn’t necessarily one perfect option that will suit everyone’s needs. But at its core, the Lillebaby Embossed Carrier offers a lot regarding comfort, safety, and longevity, since your baby can use it until they reach that 45-pound mark, which can be a long time for some toddlers.
Of course, it will be up to you and your family’s needs in the end, but when you look at the carriers that compare to the Lillebaby Embossed, it’s clear that it’s a few strides above the rest.