Last Updated on
Believe it or not, a solid playard is truly one of the things you should probably invest in before your new baby arrives.
A playpen, so to speak, might seem like a poor excuse for a baby jail, but playards like the Nuna Sena and the 4moms Breeze Playard are made to not only give your baby or toddler a safe space to relax while they play but also a comfortable napping area away from their crib.
The beauty of a good playard is the fact that so many of them are now also portable and, like these two, come with bags to take them on the go. If that’s your main need for a solid playard, that’s understandable, but if you and your little one to be comfortable with whichever one you choose, then utilizing in your home is necessary.
Which is why both the Nuna Sena and 4moms Breeze Playard are both solid choice to consider for a playard that can be used both at home and on family trips.
Not only are both compact enough to be moved from room to room in most houses, but they’re also good for growing babies and toddlers as opposed to just infants.
When comparing the Nuna Sena vs. 4moms Breeze Playard, there are definitely some similarities, but the differences are also hard to ignore, especially when you consider the fact that finding the right playard can be the difference between having a baby who can nap in other places than just his or her crib and one that will only sleep in their crib ever.
Nuna Sena Playard
Even though there’s no guarantee that your baby or toddler will take all of their naps in the Nuna Sena Playard, there’s still a good chance that they’ll be more than willing to spend some play time in it. And you’ll be forever grateful for the easy set up and take down that makes the playard truly portable and a neutral addition to any room of the house.
The playard, which can fold up easily with just one hand, can be used for your baby or toddler’s naps and then double as a legitimate play area for them at other times of the day and evening.
The soft quilted mattress makes naps easier than with a lot of other playards, which can have seemingly soft but mostly too firm mattress pads. Plus, the Nuna Sena Playard comes with a convenient travel bag so you can take the playard with you on the go and set up in seconds anywhere.
With padded edges, the Nuna Sena Playard eliminates the chances of your little one’s fingers (or yours) getting pinched, and the upper cot actually folds with the playard, so there aren’t tons of pieces to keep together in order to properly set up the playard each time.
And while there aren’t any wheels added to the bottom of the playard to help move it, the feet are instead lines with skidproof material to keep the playard securely in one place and quiet when you need to move it.
- Set-up And Take Down: You can unfold the Nuna Sena Playard in seconds to set it up and then fold it back up with just one hand and a pull on the middle base.
- Materials Used: The flame-retardant fabric of the playard is accompanied by the Oeko-Tex certified fabrics used by Nuna. So all of the fabrics are made chemical-free and without other hazardous materials that may be harmful to children.
- Size: When set up, the Nuna Sena Playard is 74.5 inches by 107 inches by 68.3 inches.
- Price: On Amazon,the Nuna Sena Playard is $500 (check here for the latest price).
- Where To Buy: You can find the playard on Amazon and in store at Pottery Barn Kids or Nordstrom.
- Setting up and taking down the travel crib probably couldn’t be any easier.
- The colors are neutral enough and the Nuna Sena itself is sleek enough to not be an eyesore in any room of the house.
- With the travel bag, you can easily bring the playard with you away from home.
- For some families, the $500 price tag might not be realistic.
- Although it’s designed for babies and toddlers, some toddlers might outgrow the Nuna Sena Playard faster than others.
- At 30 pounds, it might be difficult to carry for long periods of time, even if the travel bag makes it accessible as a travel playard.
“This product is great. I have purchased other NUNA brand items and this, as well as all others, have been premium quality and design. This can be used as a playard, bed (in home) or as a travel cot. It has a top cot (bassinet) for a small baby or to use as a changing section.” – nr2012 on Amazon.
“Absolutely love this product… The Nuna Sena couldn’t be easier to set up and break down. SUCH a well-designed product. It’s a total dream. And it’s beautiful, too. The whole thing nests nicely inside itself for storage. One of the best pieces of baby gear I’ve purchased.” – Stephanie Case On Amazon.
“Whatever i say, it will not be enough, about this SENA playard. We bought it in raspberry colour, and everyone is in love with color, design and quality. Compared with other brands playpens, this one is very stable, easy to move around house, size is perfect – baby has enough space to play or take a nap.” – Sonja on Amazon.
4moms Breeze Playard
One of the biggest (and rightfully so) selling points of the 4moms Breeze Playard is the one push and one pull capability for setup and takedown.
This can be especially helpful if you have more than one little one running around and no helping hands to get the playard set up. But once it is set up, the 4moms Breeze Playard can be used for both babies and toddlers thanks to not only the removable bassinet insert that can be used for babies up to 17 pounds, but the mesh play area of the playard that allows for breathability and can fit your growing baby or toddler comfortably.
The playard also has a sturdy frame for your peace of mind and a convenient travel bag so you can take the 4Moms Breeze Playard with you on the go whenever you need to. At 24 pounds, it’s not necessarily light, but it’s hard to ignore the easy setup process that the playard offers.
Plus, it’s also made to last, which makes it worth the cost for many families.
- Set-up And Take Down: To set up the 4moms Breeze Playard, you simply push the middle of the folded playard with one hand. Then, to take it down, you pull up the same middle lever, which will then allow it to fold up together.
- Materials Used: All of the materials used for the 4moms Breeze Playard are lead-free and can be easily wiped down to clean.
- Size: When set up, the playard is 45.5 inches by 32.5 inches by 29 inches.
- Price: On Amazon, the 4moms Breeze Playard is $300 (check here for the latest price).
- Where To Buy: You can find the playard on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon and in store at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The 4moms Breeze playard has a very simple, one-handed setup and takedown.
- The material and frame are both easy to clean, which is especially helpful for unforeseen baby or toddler messes.
- The frame and mattress are sturdy for toddlers to fit comfortably and safely for playtime or just naptime.
- On carpet, opening the playard is a little more difficult than on hard surfaces.
- The bassinet on top isn’t safe once your baby starts moving in the slightest.
- Although it’s more affordable than the Nuna Sena, the 4moms Breeze Playard might still be too expensive for some families to afford.
“This playard is the absolute BEST! Unlike other playards…this one is so easy to assemble and fold up. It goes everywhere with us and our son Loves it! It serves as a great changing table in our living room as well as a place for him to nap. I just love how durable the material is and very easy to clean.” – Joanne Zamudio on Amazon.
“Super easy to set up. Bassinet pad is a little firm but fixable with a blanket. A little heavy, but I think the product is just very strong and durable. Convenience at its best, for baby products!!” – Michael. & Janna on Amazon.
“This is amazing. It’s so incredibly easy to set up and take down. Not to mention how easy it packs up to travel with. Pricier than most if not all of the playpens we shopped for but the ease of use makes it so worthwhile.” – Ashley Fischer on Amazon.
The Verdict: 4moms Breeze or Nuna Sena?
When you look at the Nuna Sena vs. the 4moms Breeze Playard and compare the two, there are plenty similarities that make both of the high-end playards legitimately appealing for most parents, both new and not so new.
And while having a lower cost doesn’t necessarily make the 4moms Breeze Playard the ne all end all when it comes to playards, it’s going to be the wrong option in this case.
Not only is it more affordable, but it also had impeccable reviews and a very simple setup and takedown process that makes it possible to do it on your own every single time.
Final Thoughts on the Nuna Sena vs 4moms Breeze Debate
When it comes right down to it, the choice you make about your preferred playard for your baby is going to include a lot of important factors.
Where the Nuna Sena and 4moms Breeze are concerned, the more reliable choice for most is likely going to be 4Moms Breeze Playard, but as silly as it might sounds, choosing the best playard for your family is plenty important even if you find that this isn’t the one to go with.
Regardless, you will never regret investing in the right playard for your baby or toddler and if you can find one that you’ll get use out of for more than just those first few months, then all the better.