As any parent can attest to, the best products, including travel cribs, are changing all the time.
What once might have been as simple as choosing the cheapest option between baby products might now be much more difficult with more choices out there. Like the Nuna Sena vs Baby Bjorn Travel Crib decision, since both options act as portable playpens and cribs for babies.
Both options are made to provide a home away from home for your sleeping baby, but in the end, one has to be superior to the other, however that may be.
But First, My Bottom Line?
Nuna Sena Travel Crib
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”480″ identifier=”B073HFS2Q3″ locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/41nVfuARDwL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”444″]
Since the main attraction of the Nuna Sena Aire Travel Crib - Safariis its portability, the entire crib, including the upper layer that acts as a changing pad, can fold together without needing to take apart any of it.
It then slides into its travel bag to take with you and your little one pretty much anywhere you’ll need it. The base of the travel crib is above ground and the mesh material leaves room for breathability throughout.
The six supporting feet on the bottom are all skid-proof and the mattress zips away to be machine washed. You can purchase an official baby changer attachment separately, as well as an organic fitted sheet and the Sena insect net to keep the Nuna Sena Travel Crib free from unwanted bugs when you’re outside with it. Nuna Sena Aire Travel Crib - Safari
- It’s totally portable: The Nuna Sena folds up just like your standard travel playpen and even has a handle for easy carrying.
- It’s breathable: Thanks to the mesh sides, floor, and mattress, the entire crib system is breathable and airy for babies.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”163″ identifier=”B0737NY6GV” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/31ubpMrn90L.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”438″]
- There aren’t any big ugly logos: With the Nuna Sena Travel Crib, sleekness is a big factor and since it comes in multiple colors, it can look good instead of tacky in pretty much any room.
- Folding is made to be simpler than usual: Instead of struggling with latches and buttons, the Nuna Sena Travel Crib has a one-handed fold design.
- Setting it up is easy, as is folding it back up to store away.
- It comes in simple designs with neutral colors.
- The all-mesh sides allow you to see in and also give your baby constant airflow throughout the travel crib.
- The Nuna Sena Travel Crib can be used from the baby stages up through toddlerhood.
- The price, might be out of some parents’ price range for a portable crib that won’t necessarily be used every day.
- The mattress itself might be too firm for some babies to get comfortable.
- It’s made for travel but might also feel heavier than your typical travel crib.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”312″ identifier=”B073HFS2Q3″ locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/41Wl8J3DycL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”413″]
“My baby loves it! He sleeps better in it than his crib. I wish we got this and a regular twin bed for him at 18 months. Super easy to set up too.” – Rachel Peterson on Amazon.
“We’ve now had this pack ‘n play for almost three years, have used it countless times, have flown with it multiple times, and it works like new. I can’t stress how well made this thing is, and the mattress is so sturdy. also, because it’s a little wider it lasted my son longer.” – L. Fisk on Amazon.
“We just bought this and used it on a week long trip to maine. The set up is minutes in fact at one point I had to put the crib in another room and my oldest was sound asleep in the bed beside the nuna. I just pulled the mattress out and pulled up on the strap on the bottom and moved it to another room. My four-year-old didn’t even wake up.” – mainerinexile146 on Amazon.
Baby Bjorn Travel Crib
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”314″ identifier=”B00IM8G038″ locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/41AZ1kNcL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″]
The first thing you might notice about the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib is that it has a similar shape and size to it as the Nuna Sena, but there are still vast differences to consider when comparing the two cribs. But it also folds up easily to fit in its travel bag to take on-the-go.
It doesn’t come with a built-in upper level that can act as a changing table, but it does have a cushioned mattress pad that lays flat at ground level for your baby or toddler.
And since it weighs just 13 pounds, it’s that much easier to take pretty much anywhere without the worry of straining yourself as you carry or push your baby in a stroller at the same time.
- It’s truly portable: The Baby Bjorn Travel Crib is so light that it really can be taken anywhere you’ll need it.
- The material is made for comfort: The removable mattress cover can be cleaned, while all four sides of the travel crib are mesh.
- The set-up is made to be as simple as possible: To set up the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib, you simply take it out of its bag and the legs unfold automatically to set it up in one quick and easy movement.
- It has longevity: The travel crib is recommended for babies and toddlers from 0-3 years old.
- The cost, though cheaper on Amazon, is still overall more affordable than the Nuna Sena Travel Crib.
- Setting up and taking down the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib is as simple as possible.
- The mesh sides equal breathable, airy, space inside the crib for your baby and the ability to keep an eye on them for you.
- The material of the crib and mattress are both free from harmful substances and approved according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”403″ identifier=”B00IM8G038″ locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/414KRbstQyL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″]
- The Baby Bjorn Travel Crib is much lower to the ground, making it sometimes difficult to get your baby in and out of it.
- It’s lightweight, but the overall size might not be carry-on approved for plane rides.
- Once babies start to be mobile or climb, the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib might not be suitable for them, which could lower the crib’s life cycle.
“This travel crib is AMAZING!! I’ve taken it everywhere. I’ve used it outside and inside. It is so easy to wash that I had no issues having it on top of the grass. Comfortable to carry around. The mattress is still in great shape. I just love how easy it is to open and close. And of course the fact that is light helps a lot, you won’t mind if you need to move it.” – Lillian M. on Amazon.
“This thing is amazing. Not only did my son actually sleep in it during our trip, we got home and I set it up next to his crib and haven’t moved it since. He sleeps so much better in this than he ever has anywhere else. It truly does take 10 seconds to set up once you’ve done it.” – Carter S. on Amazon.
“Great baby crib! It is light and easy to fold and unfold. I washed the crib liner once and air dried, there was no discoloration or shrinkage. I was able to put the crib inside my luggage for an overnight trip, it fit perfectly in my medium size luggage.” – Mirna on Amazon.
Although the Nuna Sena Travel Crib feels more comfortable to use for parents as far as bending down and sits off the floor for more comfort as your baby lays down, there’s no getting around the value that the
Of course, the cost isn’t the only thing to consider when comparing two travel cribs such a these, but when the costs are so vastly different, it’s important to look at. Especially when, for the most part, both the Nuna Sena and Baby Bjorn Travel Crib offer a comfortable and easy to set up a portable crib for your baby or toddler.
When choosing either the Nuna Sena or Baby Bjorn Travel Crib, you’re going to get a compact and easy-to-setup system that not only looks good but offers a breathable space for your little one to relax and sleep when you’re away from home.
Ultimately, it’s going to be the parents’ choice as far as which one works best for their family’s needs, but this comparison may have made that choice at least slightly easier.