When you have a new baby, especially when you’re a new parent, you suddenly realize the value and necessity of having your infant close by. Especially for the first couple of months. And when you have twins, that urgency is only multiplied, which is where the HALO Bassinest Twin Sleeper comes in handy for your twins’ sleeping experience near your bed.
It has mesh walls all around to add breathability and plenty of airflows, and the divider in the middle of the bassinet is also the same mesh material. So your babies can enjoy the comfort of sleeping in their spaces but also have the other one right nearby, as twin infants will usually take comfort in having.
But the sleeper doesn’t benefit your babies since it is designed to help you sleep more relaxed knowing they’re close by and that you can check on them comfortably throughout the night. The mesh walls mean that you can peek in without even getting out of bed, but the HALO Bassinest Twin Sleeper also rotates 360 degrees so you can get a view from all angles while you’re still in bed yourself.
The walls can also be lowered and then brought back up with relative ease, so you really can tend to and take care of both infants from the comfort of your bed, as long as the bassinet is kept close by.
It also comes with three soothing sounds, three lullabies, two levels of vibration, a nightlight, and a nursing timer so you know when you may need to do feedings again. Of course it’s meant to be comfortable and safe for your babies, but clearly, it’s also convenient for you as a parent. There are plenty of similar bassinets, sure, but not many that also double as twin bassinets to hold two babies comfortable and safely at once.
- It can be lowered and then extended back, depending on the height of your bed, so you can easily keep it right next to you throughout the night.
- There are a handful of songs and lullabies to help you get your babies to sleep each time, as well as vibrations settings that may also lull them.
- All of the sides of the bassinet are made of a safe and breathable mesh material.
- A single mesh wall liner is what separates each side of the bassinet and gives your twins their space, while also keeping them close together.
- The legs can tuck under your bed when close enough, which makes it ideal for smaller spaces.
- You can check on both of your babies at once while still in bed yourself since the mesh walls provide a peek inside the bassinet and it can be rotated all the way around.
- The walls can be lowered down, which means you can also tend to diapers in some cases in the middle of the night.
- The mattresses can be wiped clean in the event of any unexpected messes from either baby.
- There are also two large pockets to keep baby essentials stored for the middle of the night changes or emergencies.
- The base can be adjusted from 24 to 34 inches to accommodate most bed heights.
- It can take some time to learn how to use the vibration and music settings on the bassinet properly.
- The swivel aspect cannot be locked into place, which can be a little annoying at times.
- Moving around the bassinet can be a hassle since it’s on the heavier side on its own.
How Others Compare
Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center
The Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center, might not be a traditional bassinet, but it is the more common playard version. Only, in this case, it also has two removable Rock-A-Bye Bassinet side by sides that are securely placed in the top of the playard.
They each have their carrier handles and canopies as well since not all babies are alike or need the same things at once. You can either keep each bassinet in the playard or use them on their own, as they both have music centers as well, complete with volume control, nightlights, and vibrations to soothe your baby.
These qualities in each of them rather than the playard as a whole are especially convenient because there is the chance that one of your twins will prefer vibration, while the other won’t. And when you remove both individual bassinets, you still have an entire playard and a top with changing tables and storage for diapers, wipes, and any other baby incidentals.
The separate bassinets that can be securely placed next to each other each have their personalized features to give each baby what they need and want individually.
- Once your twins are done using it for the bassinets, they can then enjoy the playard aspect of the set as well.
- The carrier bassinets can be used with each to take your twins throughout the house and allow them to nap pretty much anywhere while remaining in the individual bassinets.
- You can also use the top of the playard for its storage and changing pad table, which adds, even more, applies to it.
- It can be time-consuming to put together all of the different pieces and parts of the Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center.
- You can’t utilize the organizer or the changing pad table option when the bassinets are securely in place.
- It may take some added effort to get the changing table level enough to be able to use correctly and safely.
JOOVY Room2 Twin Nursery Center
If you already have the JOOVY Room2 Play Yard, then your next step is to purchase the JOOVY Room2 Twin Nursery Center that’s designed to fit right inside of it and be locked into place.
Of course, this means that the nursery center is made just for this specific playard. But if you were already planning to purchase the playard, you could take it one step further for your twins with this. Again, it’s not designed in the same style as the free-standing HALO Bassinest Twin Sleeper Double Bassinet, but it does provide a sleeping and napping arrangement for your twins with a little divider to give them their space each.
Since one twin might prefer to be wrapped and swaddles, while another may need to have his or her arms and legs free, it’s essential to give them each their own space to be able to get comfortable. Although the divider in the middle doesn’t mesh, all of the other sides of the playard are, which allow for air to circulate throughout the bassinet insert. Plus, there’s even a changing pad that can be attached to the top of it all.
- You can eventually remove the center divider to give your babies time to be together in the bassinet, and then put it back later on.
- Once they’ve grown out of the bassinet, your twins can still enjoy the play yard aspect, which still has a padded bottom and mesh sides all around.
- It’s also not bulky, so it’s suitable for smaller spaces, including your bedroom, if need be.
- Since the bassinet insert is clicked into place and suspends in the inside of the play yard, sudden movements by either baby could cause it to move a little bit throughout the night and potentially wake one of them up.
- The changing pad aspect is convenient, but it does ultimately cover one side of the bassinet when in use, so you wouldn’t be able to use it if the babies are both sleeping or even just napping.
- It can only be used with the Joovy New Room2 Playard which can be inconvenient if you do not wish also to purchase the play yard.
Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard With Twins Bassinet
You may already know of the Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet and the value it provides, while also giving your baby or toddler a solid napping and playing area.
But there’s also the Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet to give your infant twins their sleeping areas right next to each other.
There is a soft quilted mattress that’s inserted near the top of the play yard, and you simply place each bassinet slumber dome over one side each to give your twins their individual sleeping spaces. The interior sides of the domes are also quilted for comfort, but all four walls of the actual Pack ‘n Play are made from an airy mesh material for both of your babies’ comfort.
When you want your infant twins to nap together, you can even take the domes away, and when they’ve surpassed that stage altogether, you can then use it as a simple playard. Unfortunately, it does not offer any sounds, songs, or vibration settings, but it is relatively affordable for a play yard that doubles as a twin bassinet.
- The play yard bassinet has two wheels, so you can easily move it from room to room in your home if you need to.
- Each of the bassinets is roomy for each twin to have enough space for him or herself, especially once they begin to move around more in her their sleep.
- It’s easy to fold up the Pack‘n Play to take with you anywhere you go and on trips away from home.
- In some cases, your babies may start to shift or lean more to the center of the mattress, which can be worrisome.
- Although the play yard has mesh sides, the sides of the bassinets themselves aren’t, so it’s next to impossible to see inside that way or for your babies to be able to look out of the sides.
- It can be a little more involved to convert it to the bassinet option if you need to take the mattress out or take it out after being folded and put away.
While twins may not be as common as having just one baby at once, the truth of the matter is that twins do happen. And when you have two brand new babies at the same time, you want to keep them together and allow them to continue with the natural bond they already share.
This is why the HALO Bassinest Twin Sleeper Double Bassinet is so handy and convenient. It keeps twins close by each other without forcing them to lay practically on top of each other, adding both safety and comfort to their sleeping experience right from the start.
There aren’t many other products that compare to it very carefully, which goes to show you the value in the bassinet. Yes, you can opt for one of the play yards which have twin sleeper inserts to give both babies their little space. But at the end of the day, the value, usage, and general ease of use that the HALO Bassinest Twin Sleeper provides is hard to look past.