A baby wipes warmer may not be something you absolutely need for your new baby, like a crib or a long lasting stroller. But it does add plenty of benefits to your daily schedule with your little one, and in most cases, baby wipe warmers are reasonably priced.
Even if you don’t register for one ahead of your baby shower, if you consider one of the best baby wipe warmers, they’re definitely worth the cost. In general, baby wipes tend to be cold since they’re constantly moist and sitting out. Or, if they’re not cold to the touch, then they certainly feel that way on most babies’ sensitive skin.
For the most part, baby wipe warmers don’t overheat wipes, although if you’re not careful, they could dry out your baby wipe supply.
At the end of the day, though, wipe warmers are designed to do just that — warm your baby’s wipes so they don’t feel as shocking once they touch your baby’s bottom during diaper changes.
Some parents may claim that baby wipe warmers are of the non-essential baby item list, but if cool wipes really are an issue for your baby and his or her comfort, then it’s really not the worst thing in the world to invest in a wipe warmer for your baby.
1. Munchkin Warm Glow Wipe Warmer
Not only does the Munchkin Warm Glow Wipe Warmer keep your baby’s wipes warm throughout the night, but it also has a small night light that stays lit during diaper changes.
This can help you grab wipes in the middle of the night without knocking things over or putting on a bright light that might disturb your infant. The nightlight itself also features a 10-minute automatic shut-off, just in case you’re concerned about the light staying on all night long.
Unlike some other wipe warmers, this particular warmer keeps wipes warm from the top, which helps prevent burning or browning of wipes lower down in the stack. And since that’s easily the number one issue with wipe warmers, that’s a big plus for some parents.
- Capacity: The warmer can hold up to 100 wipes at one time.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: The little night light automatically turns off after 10 minutes, but you can also use the on/off button.
- The Not So Great: After half of your wipes are gone and the stack is further from the top, they’ll be less arm since the warming mechanism is in the lid of the warmer.
- Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls on this particular wipe warmer.
2. Hiccapop Wipe Warmer
Like the Munchkin wipe warmer, the Hiccapop Wipe Warmer also has a little night light that stays lit for 10 minutes before automatically shutting off on its own. But the warmer also has a low voltage power pack so you won’t have to worry about overheating throughout the night.
Thanks to the little viewing lens on the front of the warmer, you can keep track of the wipes as the stack goes down and keep the warmer filled as often as you need to.
Plus, it has a silicone seal to lock in moisture and keep your baby’s wipes not only warm and toasty but also moist, as they should be. Since sometimes warmers can dry out wipes, this is especially useful in keeping them from drying out before you even get to use them for your infant.
- Capacity: It can hold more than 75 wipes at once.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The actual wipe warmer container is made of a thick and durable but safe plastic that isn’t likely to break if it falls off the changing table.
- The Not So Great: Depending on the wipes you use, they could dry out faster when using them in this wipe warmer.
- Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls for this warmer.
3. Dex Products Wipe Warmer
Since some bottom heating wipe warmers require that you purchase moisture pads separately, it’s a good thing that the Dex Products Wipe Warmer is another one that warms from the top.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have the clear peekaboo window to see how many wipes are left or a nightlight function, but it does get the job done in warming your baby’s wipes to make them more comfortable during diaper changes.
The container itself is insulated to prevent drying out while your baby’s wipes stay warm. In fact, you can even successfully use cloth diapers in this particular wipe warmer, which means that you’ll also get continued use out of it after cleaning your cloth diapers. And, like the Hiccapop, the Dex Warmer uses a low voltage.
- Capacity: It can hold more than 80 wipes at a time.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: Unlike some other wipe warmers, this one doesn’t seem to easily accrue mold in the corners.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult to pull wipes from the container without reaching in to “pinch” them through the top.
- Has This Item Been Recalled? Some Dex Wipe Warmers have been recalled due to the heating pad overheating inside the warmer.
4. Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer
When you use the Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer, you’re getting similar treatment for keeping your baby’s wipes warm, but you’re also getting a few other choice benefits.
For one, the warmer has its ever-fresh System, which is designed to keep wipes moist and warm at all times up until you pull them from the top of the container. The warmer is also treated with an EPA-approved antimicrobial to help prevent bacteria from growing inside of the wipes warmer. There’s also the convenient night light on the top of the container to help you with those middle of the night diaper changes.
- Capacity: It’s unclear how many wipes the warmer can hold, but it seems to be the standard warmer size.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the warmer on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: You can be sure that your wipes will stay warm and bacteria-free thanks to all of the precautions taken with this particular warmer.
- The Not So Great: In some cases, the warmer could overheat and brown some of the wipes inside of it.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: In 2011, some Prince Lionheart Wipes Warmers were recalled.
5. Bela Beno Baby Wipe Warmer And Bottle Warmer
Just in case a wipe warmer isn’t enough, the Bela Beno Baby Wipe Warmer And Bottle Warmer is designed to do even more for you and your little one. While you’re changing your baby’s diaper in the middle of the night, you can keep their bottle warm nearby for their next feeding.
Or, after feeding your baby at 3 A.M. you can then use the warm wipes of the Bela Beno Baby Wipe Warmer And Bottle Warmer to comfortably change your little one’s diaper.
The warmer can be used with an outlet in your home or with the car charger, as it does come with a travel bag to make things a little bit easier. It is recommended that you add a small amount of water to the wipes compartment to keep them from drying out, but overall, both functions of the wipes warmer are plenty useful.
- Capacity: It can hold about 80 wipes at once.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: You can easily take the warmer on the go with you, thanks to the travel bag and car adapter.
- The Not So Great: In some cases, it may take a little too long for the bottle to warm up, which defeats half of the purpose of the dual warmer.
- Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no current or recent recalls for this wipes and bottle warmer.
6. Motif Maylilly Collection Daylilly Wet Wipe Warmer
The thing that sets the Motif Maylilly Collection “Daylilly” Wet Wipe Warmer apart from some of the other similar ones is the fact that it has three different temperature settings. Since what is warm to one baby may be too hot or too cool for another, this is especially useful.
It also provides steam heating, which not only adds a safe way to heat the wipes inside but also a way to retain moisture between each use. And when it does come time to use the wipes, it has an easy-to-read LED temperature screen. Overall, using the wipes warmer is as easy as possible, and the design is simple and sleek enough to work in almost any room of your home.
- Capacity: It can hold at least 8- wipes at once.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: You can even fit some adult-sized wipes in it.
- The Not So Great: After using the warmer for a while, the AC adapter might feel as though it’s getting a little too warm.
- Has This Item Been Recalled? There are no recent or current recalls for this wipes warmer.
7. Prince Lionheart Compact Wipes Warmer
The Prince Lionheart Compact Wipes Warmer is another warmer from the Prince Lionheart brand. But in this case, it’s a bit different than the other one on this list of baby wipe warmers.
It’s actually a lot slimmer than the other ones, but that’s because the Prince Lionheart Compact Wipes Warmer is also portable. That means you can take it with you wherever you may be with your baby outside of the home, but you’ll still have warm wipes every time.
You can either plug the warmer in the wall or use the car adapter, but either way, you’ll be able to have warm wipes both at home and on the go.
- Capacity: The wipes warmer can hold 30 wipes at once.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s compact enough to take on the go, and can be plugged into the wall or in your car with the car adaptor.
- The Not So Great: Since it only holds 30 wipes, you’ll need to refill the warmer more often than with other full-sized wipes warmers.
- Has This Item Been Recalled? In 2011, some Prince Lionheart Wipes Warmers were recalled.
Thanks to different wipe containers and pouches, you can use standard wipes pretty much anywhere you are, whether you’re home or away from home.
Now, the same can be said for warm wipes as well. You don’t have to limit your baby’s wipes to cold wet wipes regardless of where you are since there are wipes warmer that are meant for the nursery as well as for your diaper bag. It’s also easier than ever to use wipe warmers.
And it certainly helps that, for the most part, they’re relatively affordable. While a baby wipes warmer still isn’t an absolute necessity for your infant, it’s still useful, especially if your baby doesn’t care for cold or room temperature wipes as they are.