Last Updated on
Finding the best toddler rain boots is something many parents don’t even realize they need to do until they need rain boots for their little ones. Since they’ll inexplicably want to jump around in puddles and have a natural knack for getting dirty, finding the best rain boots for your toddler is essential, especially as the summer ends and fall begins.
Not only do the boots need to be well-insulated, but, just as it is with a raincoat, they need to be comfortable enough to make your toddler want to wear them not just for those April showers, but on many different occasions..
Since toddlers tend to need different footwear for pretty much every season, it might seem tedious to invest in rain boots that they’ll grow out of by this time next year.
But just like the sandals for the summer or the sneakers during the cooler months, toddler rain boots are designed to be perfect for the times of the year when the rain just won’t quit and your little one’s feet won’t stay dry in their everyday kids’ shoes.
This is why choosing between these top five waterproof toddler rain boots is crucial to finding the right ones for your child.
1. Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot
With a comfortable and lightweight fit formula for most of their shoes, it would make sense for the brand to come out with the Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot.
Some of the Crocs shoes might not be all-weather or even durable in the rainy weather, but the material itself makes some of their clogs act as summer sandals, so parents might find it easiest to trust and believe in their toddler rain boots.
Made from the fully molded Croslite™ material that makes them a comfortable fit and a lightweight rain boots which are a perfect addition to your kids’ rain gear. The Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot is made to keep toddler feet comfortable and dry on those rainy days.
They also come in a variety of colors and have large handles on either side to promote easier pull-on capability for your toddler who’s just learning how to take on and off his or her shoes.
While they aren’t recommended to be used in pace of winter boots, the Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot isn’t very breathable, meaning that paired with socks, your toddler’s feet should stay warm and dry for the duration of the day. Plus, since they’re made of the same material inside and out, cleaning them is much easier than rain boots with a fabric insole.
- Sizes Available: The Crocs Kids’ Handle It Boot is available in toddler sizes 6-13.
- Where To Buy: You can find the boots on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Since rain boots get muddy easier than most other shoes, it’s a bit plus that the Crocs Kids’ Handle It Boot is so easy to clean with a warm soapy rag.
- The Not So Great: Since they are boots that go up higher than the ankle, the part around the legs might feel tighter for some toddlers.
- Price: On Amazon, the Crocs Kids’ Handle It Boot is $24 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
2. Hunter Original Kids First Classic Rain Boot
More than anyone else’s toddler’s feet tend to grow pretty quickly. So quickly, in fact, that you might find yourself switching your child’s shoe size just months after getting used to one other size, and the Hunter Original Kids First Classic Rain Boot gets that.
It’s designed with a rounder foot shape, a wider opening, and shaft of the boot, and flatter outsoles. All of these combined work well with a toddler’s growing feet in order to allow your little one to get the most comfort and use out of the lightweight boots for as long as possible.
The removable insole and lining of the Hunter Original Kids First Classic Rain Boot is made with a soft woven nylon material and even though there aren’t any handles on either side of the opening at the top, the toddler waterproof rain boots are the pull-on style.
The rounder foot shape not only makes these easier to fit in as your toddler’s feet grow but easier to fit into for those little ones who have wider feet than others.
- Sizes Available: The Hunter Original Kids First Classic Boot comes in toddler sizes 5-13.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the rain boots on the manufacturer’s site or on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Having a more spacious interior of the shoe adds more comfort and even extends the longevity of the rain boots in general.
- The Not So Great: Since there are no pull handles to pull the boots on, it limits the possibility of babies toddlers being able to successfully pull on the boots themselves.
- Price: On Amazon, the Hunter Original Kids First Classic Rain Boot starts at $55 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
3. Hatley Toddler Rain Boot
While the outside of the Hatley Toddler Rain Boot is made from 100% rubber, the inside is fabric-lined for your toddler’s comfort and to help insulate the shoe when going through puddles.
But since the exterior is so durable, there’s little chance of water getting in through the boot, which is part of the point of finding the best toddler rain boots anyway. You can also buy fuzzy boot liners separately to make them even more durable as the weather gets colder.
With slip-resistant soles, you can have peace of mind as your toddler wears the Hatley Toddler Rain Bootin cold and inclement weather. The soles are also removable for easier washing and the exterior of the boots can be easily washed too.
- Sizes Available: The Hatley Toddler Rain Boot comes in toddler sizes 4-13.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the rain boots on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon.
- The Best Part: There are tons of fun patterns to choose from that even have matching umbrellas and rain coast which are sold separately.
- The Not So Great: The boots do run big, so unless you know that or can successfully size down for your toddler, there’s a chance you could order a pair that don’t quite fit.
- Price: On Amazon, the Hatley Toddler Rain Boot is $26 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
4. Lone Cone Children’s Rubber Rain Waterproof Boots
What might at first attract most parents and kids to the Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots For Kids is the many fun patterns, but the advantages to these particular boots for kids go beyond outward appearance, even if they are designed to suit all tastes.
They’re made from a soft flexible rubber that makes up the entire shoe in one large piece, rather than many parts are sewn or glued together that might come apart later. The rugged bottom of the boots add extra good traction and the insides are designed to keep toes and feet completely dry.
With theLone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots, you’ll also get the handles to make it easier for toddlers to pull them on. And since the rubber is soft and bendable enough, it’ll be easier for them to slip their feet inside. And since the insides are not insulated, the rain boots can be used during the warmer months as well.
- Sizes Available: The boots come in toddler sizes 4-10.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the rain boots on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon.
- The Best Part: There are not only solids for any little kid’s taste with the Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots, but also a variety of fun patterns to choose from.
- The Not So Great: Having the handles is a great perk, but with these, you might be faced with one or both eventually snapping.
- Price: On Amazon, the Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boots start at $19 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
5. Oakiwear Kids Rubber Rain Boots
As with most reliable toddler rain boots, the Oakiwear Kids Rain Rubber Boots are designed to have a high cut off point so as to keep rain and moisture out of the actual boots. They also have a rubber exterior with strong tread on the bottom of the boot for easier gripping.
The handles are perfect for teaching your toddler how to pull on their own boots and can also be stored on a closet hook. But to really ensure the usefulness of the handles, they’re pressed and sealed into the actual boot for added strength and durability.
Since the boots are made for outdoor play for toddlers, they can use them daily, cleaning them off is relatively easy too. While the smooth rubber exterior is designed to not absorb any dirt or stains, you can simply rinse them off at the end of the day and leave out to air dry.
Plus, the cotton insoles add comfort while making sure that the boots (and your toddler’s feet) don’t smell after being in use all day.
- Sizes Available: The rain boots come in toddler sizes 5-13.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Oakiwear Kids Rubber Rain Boots on the manufacturer’s website, on Amazon, or in store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: They have a lot of the good qualities of some of the more expensive options, like handles for pulling on, traction, and great patterns, but are inexpensive enough to afford.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might eventually notice the lining pulling away from the boot over time.
- Price: On Amazon, the Oakiwear Kids Rubber Rain Boots are $20 (check here for the latest price & discounts).
Even if a reliable pair of rain boots for kids seems like something that’s more of a luxury than a necessity, there are clearly plenty of upsides in investing in a pair each season. Not only can your little one’s nicer shoes be spared the rough play of splashing in mud puddles, but your toddler’s feet can stay warm and dry when the rain seems like it will never stop.
Since most of the best toddler rain boots aren’t going to cost you an arm and a leg, and in most cases help your toddler learn to put on his or her own boots, it’s not a difficult purchase to make.
When it comes down to which one is best for you, that will depend on personal preferences, price, and which brands you trust the most. As a whole though, these top five toddler rain boots are some of the more reliable and affordable, which are both big factors to consider when it comes to choosing toddler rain boots.