- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - January 16, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
Whether you’re a parent who’s more familiar with the simplicity of umbrella strollers or prefer the complicated joggers that tend to last a bit longer, finding the best city stroller is still so important in the long run. Having a good city stroller or jogging stroller is not only good for those active parents who need reliable brake systems and bigger wheels, but also for pretty much any other time.
There’s no getting around the much-needed storage that good city strollers offer, or the ability to be able to use it for years rather than for a few months until it gets too worn for regular use. City strollers are meant to be utilized for a long time, making them well worth the purchase in the long run.
You don’t even have to be an extremely active parent to use a good city stroller. It’s simply about the benefits of having a stroller that lasts long, sometimes well into the toddler years, instead of one that might be better left on the side of the road because of its bulky size or inability to fold up properly.
These top 4 best city strollers are some of the more noteworthy as far as city or jogging strollers go and might make the choice at least slightly easier for you.
1. Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller
While it’s not intended for jogging, the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller is made especially for navigating your way through busier city areas and the front wheel suspension makes the rides all the more comfortable for your little one.
It also has a one-hand fold capability with an automatic lock that slides into place, keeping the stroller in a slim, folded position for storing. It also comes in multiple colors and is made to fit both toddlers and infants with the infant carrier adapter, which is sold separately.
The biggest quality the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller has, though, is its lightweight feel for when your little one is tired of the stroller and wants to get out. Since it’s primarily useful as a city stroller, it ranks high on the list of the best city strollers for pretty much any parent to check out.
- Child Age Range: The stroller can hold up to 50 pounds, but with the car seat adapter, an infant carrier can attach to the stroller as well.
- Where To Buy: The stroller is currently available in-store at Babies ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: The Baby Jogger City Mini stroller’s patented quick fold technology allows you to fold the stroller with one hand, in one step.
- The Not So Great: Unfortunately, although the adapter is made to click into place with the stroller, some parents might find the actually click much less noticeable, thereby making the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller useful only for little ones who are ready to graduate to the seated position part of the stroller.
This fully featured everyday stroller series offers the ultimate in convenience and comfort, to get out and explore your city.
2. Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
For some parents, one of the biggest features they look for in a good city stroller for their kid is the ability to use it for a long time. And since the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight jogging stroller holds toddlers up to 75 pounds, it might be the best fit for them.
It’s designed for either walking or jogging, but the ability to lock the front wheel for longer distances makes it easy to use as a city stroller. It also has a zippered pocket to fit a phone or keys rather than a compartment that could come open during walks.
The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight is also, as the name says, relatively lightweight as far as jogging strollers go. It comes in at 26.25 pounds and even comes with an air pump to reinflate the wheels as needed. It may be advertised as a jogging stroller, but the secure and zippered storage areas, along with the underneath basket, make it useful for pretty much any time.
- Child Age Range: With an adapter sold separately, you can add an infant carrier car seat to be able to use the stroller right away. But other than that, the actual seat is designed to be safe for babies and toddlers from three months old and up to 75 pounds.
- Where To Buy: The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight jogging stroller can be found in-store at Target, Buy Buy Baby, and Babies ‘R us and Amazon.
- The Best Part: Since all toddlers grow at different rates and some may be bigger or smaller than others, having a good city stroller that allows room for growth, up to 75 pounds, is a big plus, especially since it means less of a chance of needing to buy another stroller down the line.
- The Not So Great: Although it may be the best choice for some parents to use on the go since it’s not very narrow, it might not be the most suitable for smaller areas to walk through or in.
3. Britax B-Agile Stroller
The Britax B-Agile stroller[/easyazon_link] is a newer one of the brand and made maneuvering easy, thereby making any long walks or travel much easier for both you and your little one.
The mesh canopy has UV 50+ protection, but also adds some airflow to keep your baby or toddler comfortable. And the five-point harness can extend as your child grows, making the stroller one that could very well last a long time.
It also has a Click & Go System that enables any Britax car seat to click into place on the stroller, so you can use it well before your baby is big enough to sit in the actual seat. Like a jogging stroller, the Britax 2017 B-Agile stroller has three wheels with one in the front, but the front wheel also has increased maneuverability to make moving around with it easier.
- Child Age Range: Since a Britax car seat can be clicked into place with the stroller, it can be used from infancy up until your toddler is 55 pounds.
- Where To Buy: The stroller is available on the manufacturer’s website as well as Walmart and Babies ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: The most beneficial part about the Britax 2017 B-Agile stroller is the fact that it’s so lightweight (18 pounds total), making it easy to carry around once it’s folded up.
- The Not So Great: Although it has a brake, the two-step process to secure it might be more bothersome than convenient for some parents or caregivers.
4. Quinny Buzz Xtra Stroller
The Quinny Buzz Xtra stroller is made especially for all terrains, the tires, which are never flat, are grooved to deal with rough terrain and pavement to ensure a smoother ride for your little one and an easier trip for you as you push the stroller along. The canopy is also larger than the model before this particular stroller and acts as a sun barrier down toward the front of the stroller a bit as well.
It also has the ability to have the seat face forward or turn around and face whoever is pushing it along, which can be good when the passenger is still young and not quite yet at that toddler stage. And with the push of a button, the Quinny Buzz Xtra folds right up for easy storage or transport.
- Child Age Range: The recommended minimum weight for this stroller is five pounds, with a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: The Quinny Buzz Xtra stroller can be found online at Buy Buy Baby or MyStrollers.com.
- The Best Part: The quick fold of the stroller with just one button makes folding the Quinny Buzz Xtra such a breeze.
- The Not So Great: While it collapses easily and can be slid into a trunk or closet for storage, the stroller might seem a bit bulky to some when it’s totally folded down.
Where choosing a toddler’s preschool or pediatrician might be high on the list of stressful decisions for new parents, choosing the best city stroller doesn’t have to be hard. It can actually be pretty fun, as you might find with the options on this list of some of the best city strollers currently out there.
It also doesn’t have to be a prolonged and drawn-out process since, in a way, it’s just a stroller, but if you can find the right one that will also last you a long time, you’ve found the perfect bargain. And one of these may very well be the perfect one for your family.