Last Updated on
Pregnancy can be a wonderful time but also stressful, especially when we get anxious wondering if our baby is okay. Moms often like to have the reassurance that everything is fine with their unborn baby, especially during antenatal visits. So, if you are one of these moms and are on the hunt for a heartbeat monitor, also known as a fetal doppler monitor, then check out our list on 4 of the best baby heartbeat monitors that parents love!
- 1 What is a baby heartbeat monitor?
- 2 Our Top 4 Picks
- 3 Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic
- 4 Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K
- 5 Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier & Recorder for Pregnancy
- 6 BundleTumble BabyBlip Womb Baby Sound Amplifier
- 7 At a glance
- 8 Which baby heartbeat monitor will you choose?
What is a baby heartbeat monitor?
A baby heartbeat monitor is a compact hand- held ultrasound transducer used to detect the fetal heartbeat from around the 10-12th week of pregnancy.
A heartbeat monitor is predominantly used by medical professionals at prenatal care appointments to check the heart rate of your baby.
Baby heartbeat monitors are now readily available from many shops, and online stores and parents can use them in the comfort and privacy of their own home to listen to their baby and provide a sense of reassurance when they want to.
Some monitors have a speaker so no other headphone accessory is required or some come with 1 or 2 earplugs and only play the sound through them. The baby heartbeat monitors that medical professionals use will have a display screen to show the reading of the baby’s heartbeat. Many of the ones for home use don’t.
- Provides comfort and peace of mind for expectant parents
- No need to wait for your next doctor’s appointment to hear your baby
- If concerned at any time about movement then you can check your baby’s heartbeat straight away.
- Can provide a unique bonding experience for moms and baby
- Heartbeat monitors are not always reliable
- The results may cause anxiety
- Parents can become obsessed with using them and use them every day.
- There is concern that with parents using heartbeat monitors at home they may not identify possible signs of the baby in distress
What should I look for in a baby heartbeat monitor?
When deciding on a heartbeat monitor a few things that you may want to consider before you make the purchase are:
- Is it battery operated, chargeable or can it be plugged into an electrical socket?
- Does it come with a warranty
- What accessories go with it or what accessories are compatible with it.
- Can you get a recording from it to save to your computer or phone
Our Top 4 Picks
Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic
The Womb Music Heartbeat Monitor is listed as a best seller on Amazon. A baby monitor that allows you to listen to your unborn baby’s heartbeat at any time. A safe and non-invasive monitor that is easy to use and comes with two sets of ear buds so mom and dad can listen together. Included free with the Womb Music Heartbeat monitor is a personalized lullaby album that sings your baby’s name in the songs/ lullabies.
A popular choice for many expectant parents as you can also record the sounds of your little one to your computer. Recommended use after the 16th week of pregnancy.
- Easy to use
- Compact and Lightweight
- Records sound straight to your computer to save forever
- Audio only output, not a heartbeat counter or display unit
- You need to purchase gel separately to help get a clearer sound.
Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K
Medi-K produces a monitor that provides moms and dads comfort by being able to hear sounds and movement from their unborn baby.
A device that may allow you to hear baby’s heartbeat in early pregnancy around 14 weeks is safe to use and non-invasive. Simple to use by a click on a button the Medi-K heartbeat baby monitor has 2 audio ports and comes with 2 sets of headphones so both parents can enjoy the unique experience. A PC recording option is available so you can capture special memories forever. A highly recommended product by many parents is worth considering.
- Easy to use
- May pick up baby’s heartbeat in early pregnancy
- Good sound and comes with 2 sets of headphones so both parents can enjoy listening to baby together.
- Common feedback suggest using a lot of gel to get a good sound
- Price is higher than other popular baby monitors.
Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier & Recorder for Pregnancy
Amazon has the Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier, and Recorder listed as #1 new release in prenatal monitoring devices. Designed to be easy to use and lightweight this device gives parents the opportunity to listen to the movements and heartbeats of their little one.
Save those special memories by recording the sounds to your cell phone or computer. There are two ways to listen to your baby, by earphones or on a loud speaker by connecting the speaker unit to the base. A device that can display babies heartbeat reading can be used from 9-12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Easy to use
- Has earphone or loudspeaker hearing options/volume control
- LCD display shows babies heartbeat reading.
- Unit beeps while in use which can be distracting from hearing babies heartbeat.
BundleTumble BabyBlip Womb Baby Sound Amplifier
The BundleTumble Babyblip Sound monitor allows you to listen to your baby’s heartbeat in between doctor visits. It is easy to use by applying the devices straight to you’re gelled up tummy. Mom and Dad can listen together due to the unit having 2 headphone jacks. A recording cable is included so you can capture your little one’s sweet sounds and save forever. The bundle tumble is a compact and portable design that provides clean and crisp audio – put this one on your list!
- Reasonable cost
- Can detect a heartbeat from 12 weeks pregnancy
- Comes with recording cable to capture sounds forever
- Clean crisp audio
- You need to purchase the gel separately to use with the device
- Does not tell what the heartbeat reading is
- No speaker can only hear sound through headphones.
At a glance
|Brands||Key Features||When can it be used?||Accessories|
|Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic||- Hear baby's heartbeat kicks and hiccups|
- Safe and non-invasive to use
- Compact and easy to carry around
|Best used after the 16th week of pregnancy||- Comes with a free personalized lullaby album that sings your baby’s name in the songs.|
- Comes with two sets of earbuds so both parents can listen to the baby’s movement.
|Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K||- Save to use and non-invasive.|
- Easy to use
|Can be used from 14 weeks pregnancy||- Comes with 2 headphones so both mom and dad can listen to the baby at the same time|
- Comes with a PC recording cable to save the special sounds forever.
|Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier & Recorder for Pregnancy||- Amplifiers and records a full range of sound.|
- Earphone and loudspeaker hearing option.
- Requires minimal assembly.
|Can be used above 9 to 12 weeks pregnancy.||- Has an LCD screen to display baby's heartbeat reading.|
|BundleTumble BabyBlip Womb Baby Sound Amplifier||- Monitors and amplifiers baby’s heartbeat.|
- Clean, crisp audio.
- Easy to operate
|Can detect a heartbeat from 12 weeks pregnancy||- Recording cable comes with the unit to save sounds forever.|
- Features two headphone jack so mom and dad can listen at the same time.
Which baby heartbeat monitor will you choose?
Our list provides 4 of the top heartbeat monitors currently available. However, we recommend you thoroughly research heartbeat monitors to ensure you find one that suits your needs and budget!
Finally, while heartbeat monitors can provide comfort and reassurance for parents, ensure that at any time you have concerns or worries about your baby your first point of contact is with your healthcare professional.