Last Updated on
Pregnancy can be a wonderful time but also stressful, especially when we get anxious wondering if our baby is okay. Moms often like to have the reassurance that everything is fine with their unborn baby, especially during antenatal visits.
So, if you are one of these moms and are on the hunt for a heartbeat monitor, also known as a fetal doppler monitor, then check out our list on 4 of the best baby heartbeat monitors that parents love!
- 1 What is a baby heartbeat monitor?
- 2 Our Top 13 Picks
- 2.1 1. Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic
- 2.2 2. Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K
- 2.3 3. Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier & Recorder for Pregnancy
- 2.4 4. BundleTumble BabyBlip Womb Baby Sound Amplifier
- 2.5 5. Bjingles Heartbeat Baby Monitor
- 2.6 6. Up & Raise Digital Fetal Heartbeat Monitor
- 2.7 7. AngelSounds Fetal Heartbeat Doppler
- 2.8 8. SonoLine B Heartbeat Baby Monitor
- 2.9 9. Figerm Pocket Unborn Baby Sound Amplifier
- 2.10 10. Baby Heartbeat Monitor Sound Amplifier By Qiukids Trade
- 2.11 11. Foruchoice Heartbeat Baby Monitor
- 2.12 12. Tinsay Heartbeat Baby Monitor
- 2.13 13. Bambeego Baby Heartbeat Monitor
- 3 At a glance
- 4 Which baby heartbeat monitor will you choose?
What is a baby heartbeat monitor?
A baby heartbeat monitor is a compact hand- held ultrasound transducer used to detect the fetal heartbeat from around the 10-12th week of pregnancy.
A heartbeat monitor is predominantly used by medical professionals at prenatal care appointments to check the heart rate of your baby.
Baby heartbeat monitors are now readily available from many shops, and online stores and parents can use them in the comfort and privacy of their own home to listen to their baby and provide a sense of reassurance when they want to.
Some monitors have a speaker so no other headphone accessory is required or some come with 1 or 2 earplugs and only play the sound through them. The baby heartbeat monitors that medical professionals use will have a display screen to show the reading of the baby’s heartbeat. Many of the ones for home use don’t.
- Provides comfort and peace of mind for expectant parents
- No need to wait for your next doctor’s appointment to hear your baby
- If concerned at any time about movement then you can check your baby’s heartbeat straight away.
- Can provide a unique bonding experience for moms and baby
- Heartbeat monitors are not always reliable
- The results may cause anxiety
- Parents can become obsessed with using them and use them every day.
- There is concern that with parents using heartbeat monitors at home they may not identify possible signs of the baby in distress
What should I look for in a baby heartbeat monitor?
When deciding on a heartbeat monitor a few things that you may want to consider before you make the purchase are:
- Is it battery operated, chargeable or can it be plugged into an electrical socket?
- Does it come with a warranty
- What accessories go with it or what accessories are compatible with it.
- Can you get a recording from it to save to your computer or phone
Our Top 13 Picks
1. Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic
The Womb Music Heartbeat Monitor is listed as a best seller on Amazon. A baby monitor that allows you to listen to your unborn baby’s heartbeat at any time. A safe and non-invasive monitor that is easy to use and comes with two sets of ear buds so mom and dad can listen together. Included free with the Womb Music Heartbeat monitor is a personalized lullaby album that sings your baby’s name in the songs/ lullabies.
A popular choice for many expectant parents as you can also record the sounds of your little one to your computer. Recommended use after the 16th week of pregnancy.
- Easy to use
- Compact and Lightweight
- Records sound straight to your computer to save forever
- Audio only output, not a heartbeat counter or display unit
- You need to purchase gel separately to help get a clearer sound.
2. Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K
Medi-K produces a monitor that provides moms and dads comfort by being able to hear sounds and movement from their unborn baby.
A device that may allow you to hear baby’s heartbeat in early pregnancy around 14 weeks is safe to use and non-invasive. Simple to use by a click on a button the Medi-K heartbeat baby monitor has 2 audio ports and comes with 2 sets of headphones so both parents can enjoy the unique experience. A PC recording option is available so you can capture special memories forever. A highly recommended product by many parents is worth considering.
- Easy to use
- May pick up baby’s heartbeat in early pregnancy
- Good sound and comes with 2 sets of headphones so both parents can enjoy listening to baby together.
- Common feedback suggest using a lot of gel to get a good sound
- Price is higher than other popular baby monitors.
3. Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier & Recorder for Pregnancy
Amazon has the Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier, and Recorder listed as #1 new release in prenatal monitoring devices. Designed to be easy to use and lightweight this device gives parents the opportunity to listen to the movements and heartbeats of their little one.
Save those special memories by recording the sounds to your cell phone or computer. There are two ways to listen to your baby, by earphones or on a loud speaker by connecting the speaker unit to the base. A device that can display babies heartbeat reading can be used from 9-12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Easy to use
- Has earphone or loudspeaker hearing options/volume control
- LCD display shows babies heartbeat reading.
- Unit beeps while in use which can be distracting from hearing babies heartbeat.
4. BundleTumble BabyBlip Womb Baby Sound Amplifier
The BundleTumble Babyblip Sound monitor allows you to listen to your baby’s heartbeat in between doctor visits. It is easy to use by applying the devices straight to you’re gelled up tummy. Mom and Dad can listen together due to the unit having 2 headphone jacks. A recording cable is included so you can capture your little one’s sweet sounds and save forever. The bundle tumble is a compact and portable design that provides clean and crisp audio – put this one on your list!
- Reasonable cost
- Can detect a heartbeat from 12 weeks pregnancy
- Comes with recording cable to capture sounds forever
- Clean crisp audio
- You need to purchase the gel separately to use with the device
- Does not tell what the heartbeat reading is
- No speaker can only hear sound through headphones.
5. Bjingles Heartbeat Baby Monitor
The Bjingles Heartbeat Baby Monitor is more of a set made especially for parents who want to listen to and record their baby’s first sounds in the womb.
The set comes with the fetal heart monitor, a pair of headphones and earbuds, a recording cable, user manual, and 9-volt battery for your convenience. There’s a simple on and off switch you can access at any given time and also a volume control and since there are two different headsets, both you and your partner can listen at once. You can also record your baby’s kicks and heartbeats for later listening.
- Special Features: The Bjingles Heartbeat Baby Monitor also pairs with an iTunes or Google Play app of the same name so you can save recordings easily and keep track of your pregnancy along the way.
- Where To Buy: You can find the monitor on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: With the available phone app, you can save the sounds of your baby’s heartbeat, but you can also record and play special messages for your baby to hear while in the womb.
- The Not So Great: Once it’s on your stomach, actually moving it around can make loud static noises.
- Price: On Amazon, the Bjingles Heartbeat Baby Monitor Check out the latest price!
6. Up & Raise Digital Fetal Heartbeat Monitor
With the Up & Raise Digital Fetal Heartbeat Monitor you have two options for listening — you can either use headphones to have a more intimate listening experience, or you can choose to allow those around you to listen in on the loudspeaker of the doppler and share in the experience of hearing your baby’s heartbeat at home.
The technology behind the monitor allows you to hear your baby’s heartbeat and also see the heart rate on the LCD screen to help give you peace of mind throughout your pregnancy. It also boasts a more sensitive detector, so there’s less beeping and moving around to be able to capture your baby’s heartbeat more quickly.
- Special Features: With the option to listen to the heartbeat without headphones, you can share the experience with others all at once.
- Where To Buy: You can find the monitor on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Though it’s not recommended that you use at-home dopplers before your first trimester is over, this particular one is so strong that it will pick up a heartbeat even at just 10 weeks.
- The Not So Great: Some parents may find that the actual heart rate on the little screen is vastly different than what a doctor may pick up.
- Price: On Amazon, the Up & Raise Digital Fetal Heartbeat Monitor.
7. AngelSounds Fetal Heartbeat Doppler
Although lubricating gel is recommended when using the AngelSounds Fetal Heartbeat Doppler. You don’t necessarily have to put anything on your belly in order to properly detect a heartbeat. It’s essentially an at-home doppler, but it’s also so lightweight and easily portable that you can take it with you on the go as well.
With two headphone jacks, you can even listen to your unborn baby’s heartbeat and movements with your partner, which makes the experience that much more special and memorable for you both.
- Special Features: The double headphone jack makes it possible for more than one parent or loved one to listen to the heartbeat at once.
- Where To Buy: You can find the AngelSounds Fetal Heartbeat Doppler on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: It’s small and lightweight enough to take with you anywhere as opposed to simply using it at home.
- The Not So Great: There are no control settings to adjust volume in case the noise is too loud or soft for you.
- Price: On Amazon, the AngelSounds Heartbeat Fetal Heartbeat Doppler. Check out the latest price!
8. SonoLine B Heartbeat Baby Monitor
With a doppler, probe, and the appropriate ultrasound gel, the SonoLine B Heartbeat Baby Monitor has everything you’ll need to hear your unborn baby’s noises before he or she even arrives.
It also has a small screen to allow you to view your baby’s actually real-time heart rate and with a headphone jack that can also fit a sound recorder, you’ll be able to listen to your baby’s heartbeat with ease.
While it comes with neither accessory, though, it does provide a speaker to allow you to listen openly and there’s even an auto shut-off to help preserve battery life.
- Special Features: You can record sounds and use the doppler to save those sounds to your computer for later listening or sharing.
- Where To Buy: The doppler is available on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: There are three different display options for the small digital screen, which allows you to choose your own preferences.
- The Not So Great: The included instructions may not be easy to follow for many new parents.
- Price: On Amazon, the SonoLine B Heartbeat Baby Monitor. Check out the latest price!
9. Figerm Pocket Unborn Baby Sound Amplifier
It may seem similar to some other fetal dopplers out there, but the Figerm Pocket Unborn Baby Sound Amplifier is, at the very least, a lot easier on the eyes.
It comes in either a white or primarily pink color which is already fun for some new parents to be able to choose. The LED display has three different modes to choose from, and the set comes with the proper gel for your stomach as well. The doppler can fit standard headphones or earbuds and the jack output is designed for more than one listener at once.
- Special Features: The additional color option may not seem like a big deal, but for a product that seems so strictly medical in other products, it’s a fun change.
- Where To Buy: Currently, you can find the doppler on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The sound quality might seem clearer than with some other monitors.
- The Not So Great: Unfortunately, you’ll likely get a more accurate heart rate reading if you count it out yourself as opposed to reading the screen.
- Price: On Amazon, the Figerm Pocket Unborn Baby Sound Amplifier. Check out the latest price!
10. Baby Heartbeat Monitor Sound Amplifier By Qiukids Trade
With an easy to read display screen and extra sensitive probe, the Baby Heartbeat Monitor Sound Amplifier By Qiukids Trade is another solid option for any new or experienced parent.
It also has an on and off button as well as volume control, which can be so important when dealing with something that may come across as louder than expected at times. Plus, the probe itself is water resistant for quick and easy cleaning after each use, even if you don’t use lubricant.
- Special Features: The volume, battery life, and heart rate are all easy to identify on the small screen.
- Where To Buy: You can find the doppler on Amazon at the moment.
- The Best Part: Even with twins, the doppler can locate the individual heartbeats relatively easily.
- The Not So Great: Although there is a headphone jack, it doesn’t come with headphones or earbuds to get you started.
- Price: On Amazon, the Baby Heartbeat Monitor Sound Amplifier By Qiukids Trade. Check out the latest price!
11. Foruchoice Heartbeat Baby Monitor
When compared to all of the other options on this particular list of the top 9 fetal heart monitors, the Foruchoice Heartbeat Baby Monitor just might be the simplest one of them all.
Without a base of sorts, the easy to use probe is your main source for finding your baby’s heartbeat and it requires just one battery to be able to use. Then, you can plug in your earbuds and it’s ready to use. Despite being so simple in design, it can do almost everything else that other fetal dopplers can do, but it just minimizes any complications along the way.
- Special Features: It may be the smallest and most compact fetal doppler option that you’ll find.
- Where To Buy: At the moment, you can find it on Amazon primarily.
- The Best Part: There are no bells or whistles or hard to set up or program parts to the doppler.
- The Not So Great: Without a screen, you can’t see an actual heart rate and without a speaker, you need headphones to use it.
- Price: On Amazon, the Foruchoice Heartbeat Baby Monitor. Check out the latest price!
12. Tinsay Heartbeat Baby Monitor
With either pink or purple to choose from, you can find another easy to use and complication-free doppler with the Tinsay Heartbeat Baby Monitor. Just pop in a couple of batteries and your own headphones and you’ll be able to start hearing your baby’s heartbeat.
There’s just one piece to the doppler, so you’re less likely to lose anything that might go with it and the small digital screen will keep you aware of your baby’s heart rate and the battery life.
- Special Features: Even though it’s small and compact, there is a built-in speaker so you don’t necessarily have to use headphones at all times.
- Where To Buy: You can find the doppler on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s small and lightweight enough to use it pretty much anywhere.
- The Not So Great: Although there is a speaker, some might find it hard to hear it at times.
- Price: On Amazon, the Tinsay Heartbeat Baby Monitor. Check out the latest price!
13. Bambeego Baby Heartbeat Monitor
Instead of being a simple fetal heart monitor with just a probe, the Bambeego Baby Heartbeat Monitor fits in the palm of your hand to be able to roam over your stomach in search of your baby’s heartbeat.
It doesn’t have a screen, but there is an LED light to indicate when the machine is on and it does come with two sets of earbuds, a headphone splitter, and a cable to use to record sounds for later listening when you attach it to your phone.
It may be a simple doppler, but it definitely knows what parents are looking for in the right at-home fetal monitor.
- Special Features: You can use the included cord to record the heartbeat on your phone and you won’t even need an additional app to do so.
- Where To Buy: The doppler is available on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Even before you feel movements, you’ll be able to hear your baby’s heartbeat with the monitor.
- The Not So Great: When using a gel lubricant, there is the possibility of some of it getting into the part of the doppler where the battery is housed.
- Price: On Amazon, the Bambeego Baby Heartbeat Monitor. Check out the latest price!
At a glance
|Brands||Key Features||When can it be used?||Accessories|
|Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic||- Hear baby's heartbeat kicks and hiccups|
- Safe and non-invasive to use
- Compact and easy to carry around
|Best used after the 16th week of pregnancy||- Comes with a free personalized lullaby album that sings your baby’s name in the songs.
- Comes with two sets of earbuds so both parents can listen to the baby’s movement.
|Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K||- Save to use and non-invasive.|
- Easy to use
|Can be used from 14 weeks pregnancy||- Comes with 2 headphones so both mom and dad can listen to the baby at the same time
- Comes with a PC recording cable to save the special sounds forever.
|Little Martin’s Baby Sound Amplifier & Recorder for Pregnancy||- Amplifiers and records a full range of sound.|
- Earphone and loudspeaker hearing option.
- Requires minimal assembly.
|Can be used above 9 to 12 weeks pregnancy.||- Has an LCD screen to display baby's heartbeat reading.|
|BundleTumble BabyBlip Womb Baby Sound Amplifier||- Monitors and amplifiers baby’s heartbeat.|
- Clean, crisp audio.
- Easy to operate
|Can detect a heartbeat from 12 weeks pregnancy||- Recording cable comes with the unit to save sounds forever.
- Features two headphone jack so mom and dad can listen at the same time.
Which baby heartbeat monitor will you choose?
Our list provides 4 of the top heartbeat monitors currently available. However, we recommend you thoroughly research heartbeat monitors to ensure you find one that suits your needs and budget!
Finally, while heartbeat monitors can provide comfort and reassurance for parents, ensure that at any time you have concerns or worries about your baby your first point of contact is with your healthcare professional.