There isn’t anything new or particularly innovative about video baby monitors in general. Sure, they can help you keep a close eye on your little one while they sleep, but they also aren’t new in the world of baby products anymore. The Nanit Smart Baby Monitor, however, takes the video baby monitor up to a whole other level you didn’t even know you needed.
Its sleek and modern design makes it easy to place in pretty much any room in your home, and if you opt to purchase the camera monitor with the floor stand, you really can move it from room to room if you need to.
Instead of placing a video baby monitor camera on your child’s dresser or changing table across the room, though, the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor is meant to be placed right by the crib to look down on your sleeping baby and give you the best view possible, day or night.
With remote viewing that can be accessed from the app, you can watch over your baby regardless of where you are, which can put those babysitter worries to bed right away.
It also has night vision so you won’t have to worry about a nightlight in your baby’s room, but in case you need to access the camera itself in the middle of the night, there is a built-in nightlight that’s just bright enough to be able to make it out in a dark nursery.
You also can’t ignore the temperature and humidity sensors built-in that help give you peace of mind even further. You can purchase both the wall-mounted and freestanding camera monitors on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon and in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- It can stand freely with a stand that’s safe enough to put right next to your baby’s crib or it can be mounted on the wall next to the crib to be placed above.
- You can access the video stream live from the app no matter where you are.
- It has a nightlight that shines up toward the ceiling rather than down at your sleeping baby.
- There are temperature and humidity sensors so you can keep track of the atmosphere of your baby’s room while they sleep.
- You can hear any sounds that will come from your child’s room and be alerted if there is any movement.
- The Nanit Smart Baby Monitor has a sleek and modern design that’s bound to match pretty much any room it’s in.
- It can stream over WiFi if your internet goes down, so you’ll still be able to keep an eye on your baby as he or she sleeps.
- The stand means no wires are hanging out for your child to potentially get to and also the ability to move the camera monitor to any room of the house where your baby may be that you are not.
- The view that the camera provides is right above your baby in his or her crib, giving you a perfect full view.
- After a while, you could run into potential network connectivity issues.
- The app that accompanies the monitor may take a lot of battery life, depending on your cell phone.
- The whole process regarding setting up the connection and pairing it can be difficult and stressful for some.
How Others Compare
Lollipop Smart Baby Monitor
The Lollipop – Smart Baby Monitor is similar to the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor in that the camera aspect is designed to look a little sleeker than your run-of-the-mill bulky plastic video baby monitor.
In this case, though, you don’t need to mount the camera on the wall of your baby’s bedroom or use a stand to keep it upright all day long. Instead, the neck of the camera can be twisted and curved to wrap around the top rail of any crib or even wrapped around the doorknob in your child’s room.
This means that you can essentially “install” the camera anywhere in your home and with little to no fuss. The monitor comes in blue, pink, or yellow color to compliment your child’s room accurately and it has night vision and zoom as well.
You can also set up a perimeter inside of your baby’s crib and if your little one rolls out of that area, potentially on his or her stomach and can’t get back around, or their foot is stuck in the bed rails, the monitor will alert you. You can also share the live camera feed with other family member users on the app. You can find the monitor on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- You can twist the neck to have the monitor sit on top of flat surfaces, curl around doorknobs, or twist to fit around the top rail of a crib.
- Even in the lower light view, the image on your phone from the camera should be quite clear.
- There are built-in sounds you can play to help soothe your baby until you can get to the nursery yourself.
- Like the Nanit, the Lollipop has built-in detection of the temperature and humidity of the room it’s in.
- For some, there may be a few second clear in the audio and visual feed.
- Unless your connection is strong, the app that you need for this video baby monitor can lag a bit.
- The music and soothing sound option don’t always work as it’s supposed to.
CTV INT COULD Baby Video Monitor
The CTV INT COULD Baby Video Monitor can also be attached to the top of your baby’s crib or on a flat surface or around a doorknob for your convenience.
This particular video baby monitor, however, is also considerably less expensive than the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor, so if that’s your number one deciding factor, then there’s a chance you may not want to splurge on the Nanit in the end. Regardless of whether or not you see the Nanit as your next big baby purse, the CTV INT COULD Baby Video Monitor does offer a ton regarding convenience.
It has temperature and humidity monitoring, crying detection, and two-way auto capabilities. So not only will you surely hear your baby crying, but they’ll be able to hear your voice to hopefully soothe them back to sleep even before you get to the bedroom.
Plus, you’ll get 10 different lullabies to choose from to help your infant sleep through the night a lot easier. You can primarily find the monitor on Amazon at this time.
- The many possible lullabies can work wonders with helping lull your baby to sleep each night or during nap time.
- Since there’s two-way audio, you can talk to your baby even if you can’t be in the same room that he or she is in.
- You can attach the video monitor to anything with a handle or rail.
- The picture might not always come in perfectly clear for some, mainly depending on your connection.
- It won’t have as clear of a view of your baby as the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor.
Safety 1st HD WiFi Streaming Baby Monitor
While the afety 1st HD WiFi Streaming Baby Monitor isn’t designed in the same way as the Nanit, CTV INT COULD, or Lollipop camera monitors, it is made to work over WiFi and connect to the appropriate all on your phone.
You can install the camera itself anywhere in your child’s bedroom and use the accompanying Smart Audio Unit to really keep a close eye and ear on your little one. It can detect both sound and motion and alert you to either while it’s using part of its more than 12 hours of battery life and can keep you in the know regarding your infant.
The 720p resolution of the monitor camera will also help you maintain a virtual crystal clear image of your baby all night long, regardless of whether or not you’re using your internet for a ton of other uses.
There’s a far less likely chance that the Safety 1st monitor will need to buffer, which is plenty necessary when watching over your child as they sleep. You can find the monitor on Amazon or in store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- You can talk to your baby through the two-way audio function, which can help soothe them even before you reach their bedroom.
- The camera angle itself is wide enough to include a lot of your child’s nursery and give you a great view of them.
- Since the camera itself is so small, you probably won’t have a hard time trying to find the right spot to put it to also keep it out of the way.
- You can play back up to 24 hours of previous recordings to check on your child’s sleeping habits from the day and night before.
- For some live sounds from your baby’s room, there may be a delay of a few seconds.
- Setting up and initially connecting the video baby monitor can be difficult to do at first.
- If you have spotty WiFi in your home, the stream of the baby monitor feed can be a little blurry at times.
These days, there’s more to a baby monitor camera than simply a small camera you place on your baby’s dresser and leave it there to check on them a few times throughout the night.
With the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor , you get a camera that can be placed pretty much anywhere you need it in your baby’s nursery, and it can help you keep an even closer eye on your child as they nap or even as your older toddler or child plays in their bedroom.
The Nanit is also a sleek and modern looking response to a baby monitor that might otherwise be a little bit bulky or not as aesthetically pleasing. It’s also got a temperature sensor and can stream over WiFi in case your internet goes down, so in a way, it has almost everything you’d need for an extended-lasting and efficient video baby monitor.
Because of its style and little features that make it so useful as a baby monitor, and even as a security camera in your home, the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor is a unique and modern take on baby monitors and it would be a reliable option for any nursery or home in general.