When your infant or toddler is sick, there’s only so much you can do before you end up feeling helpless as well and would much rather somehow take their sickness and give it to yourself.
Luckily, there are plenty of cold and flu medicines formulated specifically for children and babies, and that includes chest rubs, like Wink Naturals Chest Rub, which can work sonders in helping your little one with congestion and cold symptoms when simple cold medicine isn’t enough.
Of course it also helps that Win Naturals Chest Rub is made with a blend of natural oils and is free of any drugs, chemicals, harsh ingredients, or petroleum often found in other chest rubs.
You can use it to help your child sleep better or use it in addition to any over the counter cold medicine you’re giving then, but either way, it works to help decongest your child and can be rubbed on the upper chest or back.
And, for added benefit, rub a tab on the bottom of your baby or toddler’s feet and put socks on them before bed for extra help in decongesting them overnight.
Using natural organic products for yourself is one thing, as some parents can take or leave such specialized items, but when it comes to your child, it sometimes pays to look into natural medicines that may be more effective and overall safer for your baby, toddler, or small child.
The Wink Naturals Chest Rub ingredients of coconut oil, shea butter and natural oils such as lavender and eucalyptus are combined to not only help soothe your child’s congestion, but also help soothe them to sleep, as having a severe cold can often keep them up at night.
On Amazon, Winks Natural Chest Rub is $24 (For the latest prices check here).
It’s a natural and effective nasal decongestant for little ones of all ages.
Instead of being made with menthol or other strong ingredients, it’s surprisingly mild while still working to help soothe your child.
It’s also more gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin than other chest rubs might be.
There’s a lavender scent meant to calm your baby at night instead of a strong smell that might turn them away.
- You can have peace of mind while giving your baby a natural, non-habit forming chest rub to soothe nasal congestion.
- It’s tame enough for your children to use, but also effective enough for you to utilize for yourself as well.
- Since it’s soft and smells similar to a lotion, it’s not hard to get your baby in the routine if allowing you to apply the Wink Naturals Chest Rub before bed every night.
- Though it may work for some babies, others may not see much of a difference when using the chest rub before bed.
- At $24 for a one-ounce jar, Wink Naturals Chest Rub may not be affordable for every family.
- For younger babies, the smell might be a little strong.
How Others Compare
All Natural Mummy’s Miracle Moringa Baby Vapor Rub Soothing Chest Rub
The All Natural Mummy’s Miracle Moringa Baby Vapor Rub is perfect for babies, but really, it’s suitable for anyone with sensitive skin who might need an all natural chest rub to open their airways and help them sleep at night when dealing with congestion.
It’s made from a blend of therapeutic essential oils, including eucalyptus and lavender, which both help in opening up the airways in a natural way while also providing comfort for a better night’s rest. It’s also comprised of a natural shea butter rather than the typical oily feel that’s left behind by most chest rubs.
Since it’s a natural additive-free solution to helping your baby get a little more comfortable during a severe cold, you can use the chest rub as often as you’d like and, like the Wink Naturals Chest Rub, you can massage it into the upper chest area or on your baby’s feet for quick results.
On Amazon, the All Natural Mummy’s Miracle Moringa Baby Vapor Rub Soothing Chest Rub is $12 (For the latest prices check here).
- The natural scent isn’t too overpowering for your little one and still does the job in soothing their congestion during the day and night.
- Even adults can use it and because of the added moringa oil, which helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin, you can get even more use out of the rub.
- It also helps to moisturize the skin instead of just sitting on top of it in a greasy consistency.
- For some, who may be used to the stronger scent and results of something like Vicks, the Mummy’s Miracle might feel a little too tame.
- The small two ounce jar might not be worth the purchase for some parents.
- Since the smell isn’t very strong overall, not everyone will feel immediate effects of the chest rub.
The Honest Company Breathe Easy Rub
The Honest Company is already a brand that parents trust for organic and all natural remedies and even diapers, so it’s no big surprise that they also have the Honest Company Breathe Easy Rubthat’s definitely gentle enough for both babies and children to be able to use.
The core ingredients are organic aromatherapy oils with organic lavender and rosemary oils that all work together to help soothe and calm babies when applied.
Plus, there are the eucalyptus & tea tree oils for clear breathing, while keeping the chest rub as clean and natural as possible for your little one to get some relief without all of the added chemicals that some chest rubs bring to the table.
For babies ages three months and older, as recommended, you can rub the cream on their chest, back, and neck to promote clear breathing and help soothe them. On Amazon, the Honest Company Breathe Easy Rub is $8 (For the latest prices check here).
- It legitimately helps with congestion and coughing in most babies and toddlers.
- Since it’s not another menthol chest rub, the smell is more inviting to kids and not very strong while still smelling good.
- At just $8, it’s affordable, especially for being an all natural product from a trusted company.
- As with any new cream, your baby does run the risk of having an allergic reaction to the rub.
- The smell tends to fade away almost too quickly after applying the chest rub, therefore it may only work for shorter periods of time.
- It might not be strong enough to completely help in diminishing a cold altogether.
Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub
Made for infants ages two months and up, Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub is gentle enough for children with no added fragrances, petroleum, menthol, or dyes and the benefits of eucalyptus and lavender oils mixed with a beeswax and shea butter balm to make the rub more of a lotion that can be used as much as you see fit for your child.
There’s no petroleum jelly and no added chemicals, making this a natural solution to your baby’s congestion, even on the worst nights. The rub was also invested by an actual pediatrician, which should do well in giving parents peace of mind, especially when they are trying the cream for the first time.
But the added beeswax, which helps in carrying the essential oils throughout the rub and over your child’s chest, neck, and back, adds a certain thickness to the rub that helps make it last just a little longer. On Amazon, Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub is $6 (For the latest prices check here).
- The smell itself is welcoming, without being too overbearing for most children and adults.
- With the natural ingredients, you can feel safe giving the rub to your little ones.
- The rub may even last longer on your baby’s skin than other rubs of the same nature, giving your baby an even longer period of clear airways.
- If used more than once or twice every couple of days, your baby could run the risk of developing a rash.
- For some, the chest rub might feel a little too sticky.
- At 1.5 ounces, the jar available on Amazon is relatively small and may not last very long at all.
To some, Wink Naturals Chest Rub may not be the most affordable kind of decongestant for babies and children, but it also gets the job done without using any chemicals or ingredients that can be harmful or act as an irritant for your child.
But thanks to the chest rub’s natural oils added in, your baby or child is almost guaranteed to see the result within the first night of using the smooth cream that’s not too overpowering for most.
Since a little bit certainly goes a long way the one-ounce jar of Wink Naturals Chest Rub should also last you quite a while, meaning that despite having to drop more money than you might otherwise prefer, the rub will likely last you a long time.
And in the end, it’s a relatively mall price to pay for a natural healthy chest rub that could be the trick to doing away with your baby’s congestion.