There’s a good chance that, no matter what brand or type of formula your baby likes one week, they’ll be reacting to it negatively the next, and so will begin the ever-pressing search for the right formula for your little one.
This is where a review of Vermont Organics Baby Formula comes in handy since it could very well be the formula that your baby uses and actually sticks with.
Of course, each baby and their digestive system is very different from each other, but since Vermont Organics Baby Formula is made with real organic nonfat milk and contains the ingredients and nutrition that promote healthy brain development, you’ll definitely be giving your baby what he or she needs right from the start.
Whether you’re strictly formula feeding or trying to switch on and off between breast milk and bottles of formula, the Vermont Organics Baby Formula might be what your baby needs and what he or she will eventually enjoy on a regular basis, as opposed to constantly switching between different varieties of the same brand.
The powder formula is for babies from 1-12 months of age and is made with cow’s milk from organically fed, free-roaming cows to ensure the most natural and wholesome milk is given to your baby when breast milk is not an option or simply not preferred.
Since everyone is different, though, it will ultimately depend on your baby (and his or her taste buds) if Vermont Organics Baby Formula is the right one for them.
- Vermont Organics Baby Formula meets all FDA standards
- The ingredients are all non-GMO
- It’s as organic as you can get
- There are no added harmful ingredients
- Unlike some other formulas, the first ingredients aren’t corn syrup, as instead, it’s cow’s milk
- Like breast milk, the Vermont Organics Baby Formula allows for normal stools from your baby
- For some babies, they may have less spit-up and gas than with other, non-organic formulas
- It’s a solid companion to breastfeeding
- The cost of one container of Vermont Organics Baby Formula might not be affordable for everyone
- It might leave something of a film in the bottle after use
- Even if your baby enjoys it, to some, the formula might have an unappetizing odor before mixed with water
How Others Compare
Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula
As far as organic baby formula goes, Earth’s Best is a generally trusted brand and the Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula with Iron is one that’s easily comparable to Vermont Organic Baby Formula.
Made with USDA organic milk from cows who ate food with no added growth hormones or antibiotics, the formula is also free from corn syrup solids that many other baby formulas contain.
But it does have both DHA and ARA, which are found in breast milk and help develop brain and eye health in infants. Not only that, but the formula also has prebiotic fiber for immunity and added iron for red blood cell development.
As the Earth’s Best formula that’s as close to real breast milk as possible, Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula is both milk-based in order to give most babies the most gentle but also nutritional formula for their digestive systems, though it may not be suitable for all babies.
- The ingredients give you peace of mind about what you’re feeding your infant when it’s not breast milk
- There are no added chemicals or ingredients to the formula powder
- For some babies, Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula can help ease colic
- Being so close to breast milk, it’s a suitable formula when switching between breastfeeding and formula feeding
- Some babies might have harder stools or constipation with the formula.
- With the added iron, the taste might be different or off-putting to some babies.
- The formula also contains soy ingredients, which some parents might prefer their baby’s formula not to have.
Plum Organics Grow Well Organic Infant Formula
Most parents might know the Plum baby brand for its toddler snacks and baby food, but it also offers the Plum Organics Grow Well Organic Infant Formula.
It’s the brand’s formula based on breast milk as much as possible and relatively easy on most babies’ stomachs. It’s also kosher dairy and gluten-free with no corn syrup solids or genetically engineered ingredients added in. Plus, like most other organic baby formulas, Plum Organics Grow Well Organic Infant Formula contains both DHA and ARA for brain and eye development in infants.
Some of the more notable ingredients of the formula include plant-based oils like organic palm oil, soy oil, coconut oil, and safflower or sunflower oils.
While the added oils might deter some parents, Plum Organics Grow Well Organic Infant Formula’s main component of palm oil contains palmitic acid which is found in breast milk and important for babies, as dietary fat is important for energy and growth.
- The formula is likely a stable choice to switch to formula from exclusive breastfeeding
- It’s a gentle and natural option for formula feeding, especially with no added sugars or corn syrup
- Plum Organics Grow Well Organic Infant Formula is also good for mixing with breastmilk when transitioning
- For some babies, there could be easier bowel movements and less upset stomach issues
- Since it will vary from baby to baby, some may not enjoy the taste of the formula once mixed
- Depending on how you mix it, there might be a lot of bubbled and therefore, possible gas from your baby after drinking it
- The container itself is difficult to open and then, the hinges may break after a few times of opening and closing it
Similac Pure Bliss Infant Formula
Similac is already a trusted baby formula brand, so it’s only natural for parents to trust the Similac Pure Bliss Infant Formula, made with genuine cow’s milk from grass-fed cows first and foremost. From a brand that’s already the number one chosen brand chosen by moms and used in hospitals, the formula has no artificial growth hormones, antibiotics, or gluten.
It’s also non-GMO and halal and kosher friendly. While it’s not advertised as a USDA organic formula, Similac Pure Bliss Formula is made with gentle ingredients and the kinds of nutrients that the Vermont Organics Baby Formula also has for your baby’s development.
The biggest thing that Similac Pure Bliss Infant Formula has going for it is the fact that Similac has been creating a healthy baby formula for decades, but even besides that, this particular formula is genuinely milk-based and offers the kind of nutrition that babies get from breast milk as well.
Like many others that compare to the Vermont Organics Baby Formula, it might also be a solid choice when switching between breast milk and formula.
- Since it’s made with cow’s milk from grass-fed cows, you’re getting genuinely pure infant formula.
- Some babies may actually spit up less with this particular formula.
- After mixing, Similac Pure Bliss Infant Formula foams a lot less than some other baby formulas.
- It may not be affordable for all families.
- It may be difficult to find the formula in-store, making it more logical to purchase strictly online.
- Some babies may develop gas issues after using the Similac Pure Bliss Infant Formula.
As with any reliable organic baby formula, Vermont Organics Baby Formula isn’t the cheapest by far, but in that cost per container, you’re also getting legitimate nutrients for your baby, but without added hormones or unnecessary fillers that some other formulas may contain.
Granted, it might not be for all babies, as each baby is different, but Vermont Organics Baby Formula is designed to give the right kind of nutrition and flavor that most infants will be able to keep down until you’re ready to switch to milk.
When it comes down to it, you may indeed have to go through several different formula varieties in order to find what works best for your infant, but overall, Vermont Organics Baby Formula seems to have the right kind of nutrition to give your baby everything he or she needs, short of being made with actual breast milk.
And just in case you prefer breast milk above all else, the formula is also gentle enough to be able to switch between the two. At the very least, it’s worth a solid chance for your baby.