Last Updated on
The UPPABaby brand prides itself on offering lightweight strollers that are also made for long-term use and for more than one child at once. The 2018/2019 UPPABaby Vista Stroller itself is designed to do just that, but it also offers a handful of other benefits for both you and your child or children. It’s made for kids from 4-50 pounds and if you need to use it for two or even three children at one time, you can.
This can be done in a variety of different ways. If you need to seat an infant and a toddler, you can do so with the RumbleSeat attachment and the accompanying bassinet. Or, you can fit two bassinets at once if you have twins or multiple infants.
If you need to seat two toddlers at once, you can use the upright seat that the stroller already has and attach a RumbleSeat to the bottom front, so one is behind the other, but raised up.
Unlike some other similar strollers, however, the UPPABaby Vista can also be transformed to fit three children at once.
Whatever combination you need for children in the actual stroller, you can purchase the PiggyBack ride along attachment separately and fashion it to the back of the stroller for your older toddler to step on and get a ride as well. It may not be as ideal as a third seat, but the fact that the UPPABaby Vista can fit three children at once at all is impressive.
The car seat can also be reclined to multiple positions for your child’s comfort, and it has an extendable sun shade. There’s also an adjustable handlebar to fit parents of varying heights, and the bassinet that comes with the stroller can be used as a carrier bassinet.
The stroller allows your child to face either inward or outward and the storage basket underneath can hold up to 30 pounds of baby necessities. Overall, it seems to offer plenty regarding convenience and comfort for both parents or caregivers and little ones.
You can buy it online directly via PishPoshBaby for less than $900. Another retailer to check is BabyCubby.com here. NOTE: Otherwise the latest Vista models can be hard to find at major online retailers.
- 1 UPPAbaby Vista Features
- 2 UPPAbaby Vista 2015 vs 2017
- 3 UPPAbaby Vista 2017 vs 2018
- 4 UPPAbaby Vista 2018 vs 2019
- 5 UPPAbaby Vista Recalls
- 6 UPPAbaby Vista Alternatives
- 7 Final Thoughts on the UPPAbaby Vista
- 8 Where to Buy the UPPAbaby Vista Online
UPPAbaby Vista Features
- The bassinet can be used for babies up to 20 pounds or until they can push themselves up on hands and knees on their own.
- The toddler seat in the stroller is for kids from three months to 50 pounds.
- There are multiple levels of recline that can be achieved with just one hand.
- The bumper bar also has a one-handed release, which makes getting your little one in and out of the stroller easier.
Pros of UPPAbaby Vista
- It’s smooth and easy to push around, even with one hand.
- Since the handlebar can be adjusted, you can easily share the stroller with your partner and different caregivers without worries of bending over to push it.
- Being able to fit three children in or on the stroller at once is a total game changer for some families.
- It has a large canopy as well as a rain cover for added protection.
- It’s easy to fold and unfold the stroller as needed.
- The bassinet is comfortable and supportive enough to allow your baby to sleep in during long walks.
Cons of UPPAbaby Vista
- With no shock protection on the back wheels, the stroller can be a little bumpy on uneven terrain.
- It can be awkward to carry the stroller when it’s in the folded position.
- The stroller is a little on the heavier side for some parents.
UPPAbaby Vista 2015 vs 2017
So let’s start with the one question everyone has in mind: Is there much difference between the 2015 and 2017 model? UPPAbaby did make some changes to the 2017 but they aren’t major changes compared to the 2015 model.
The UPPAbaby Vista 2017 has a narrower frame than the 2015 model and is also available in an array of new, trendy colors. Perhaps the biggest improvement on the 2017 model is the wheels, manufactured from solid polyurethane. This provides a smoother ride for baby and also makes the stroller easier to steer on any type of terrain you might encounter.
UPPAbaby also improved the fabric used on their 2017 model and one has the option of adding a genuine leather handlebar and bumper bar for that extra pizazz. The 2017 model is also a little lighter but not by much.
UPPAbaby Vista 2017 vs 2018
In 2015, the UPPAbaby Vista range underwent a complete makeover which included a new frame, the ability to add a second seat and a bigger basket.
Most prominently, the 2018 Vista features genuine real leather handlebars and corresponding bumper bars. The 2017 models featured simple foam.
In 2018 UPPAbaby introduced 4 new colors:
- Jordan Charcoal Melange
- Gregory Blue Melange
- Emmet Green Melange
- Denny Red
All of the 2018 models also now feature silver stroller frames, with the lone exception being the Jake Black stroller which still features a black frame. Additionally, all frames now have a special powder coating that is scratch resistant.
UPPAbaby Vista 2018 vs 2019
There were no major functional changes from 2018 to 2019 for the Vista.
They DID update the color options, adding William (blue oxford) and Byrce (white and gray). You can see the two new patterns by toggling the color scheme on at this listing here.
UPPAbaby Vista Recalls
Park of the makeover was in response to a series of recalls for the 2015 version, including, the Cruz, Vista, and RumbleSeat by UPPAbaby. About 71,000 units were recalled in total, with a recall date as of July 23rd, 2015.
The main cause for concern was the bumper bar on the strollers posing a choking hazard. It was possible for children to bite the bar and remove a pieces of the foam covering!
The new 2017 version appears to have fixed these issues.
UPPAbaby Vista Alternatives
The JOOVY Qool Stroller is another stroller that can be used with multiples, as needed, and could be the only stroller you’ll ever need. That right there is what a lot of parents look for, and in that regard, it definitely compares to the 2018 UPPABaby Vista Stroller. Overall, the stroller can hold up to 135 pounds and fit as many as three children at once with the appropriate attachments. The toddler seat and bassinet, you can fit different ages of children at once, and you can also have two bassinets or two toddler seats attached at once if that’s what you need.
There’s also the Bench Seat addition that can be clicked into place and gold children up to 55 pounds for older toddlers who may need to be added to the frame. The toddler seat also has an extra large sun shade canopy to protect your child from harmful UV rays or just bright sun in their face during daily walks. There are also attachment accessories available for some car seats and, overall, 50 different ways to customize the stroller for your family’s needs. You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- It’s essentially half the cost of the 2018 UPPABaby Vista Stroller, even though it offers a lot of the same benefits.
- You can fit three children in it at once in a variety of different practical ways.
- It folds up to a smaller size than you might imagine a 2-3 seater stroller would.
- The stroller is on the heavier side, which can be annoying if you need to fold it up with three small children at your side.
- You do have to purchase everything separately in order to add more sets and important features.
Has the Joovy Qool Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on the JOOVY Qool.
Joolz Geo2 Stroller
The Joolz Geo2 Stroller can be used as a single or double stroller for babies or toddlers, and the design is quite similar to that of the 2018 UPPABaby Vista. It’s made to carry your infant in a bassinet style and then transitions to the upright toddler seat. If you want to use it for more than one child, you can use it with the bassinet and a toddler seat, two bassinets, or two toddler seats. One of the downsides, however, is that if you decide to use it as a double stroller, you will lose the space beneath the stroller where the basket is located.
The placement of the seat and bassinet is high enough to remain at table level to make feedings in the stroller a lot easier while out and about. It’s also easier to maneuver than some other similar strollers and, in most cases, you can do so with just one hand. This frees your other hand up to hold onto a walking toddler or small child. And when their legs get tired, they can enjoy the second seat. The Joolz Geo2 Stroller is $1,000. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- When you only have one seat or bassinet installed, the storage basket underneath is easily one of the larger you’ll find on this style of stroller.
- The stroller folds up to a nearly flat shape, making it easy to store and put in any trunk
- It’s also easy to fold it down and then unfold it back to standing position.
- The push handlebar is adjustable to different heights.
- Despite its benefits, the stroller is on the more costly side of things.
- Even with adapters, some car seats may not work with the stroller.
Has the Joolz Geo2 Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on the Joolz Geo2 Stroller.
Bugaboo Fox Complete Full-Size Stroller
Unlike some of the other strollers that compare to the 2018 UPPABaby Vista Stroller, the Bugaboo Fox Complete Full-Size Stroller can’t be converted to a double or triple stroller. It does, however, have the capability of converting from a bassinet stroller to one for your older baby or toddler. It can face either inward or outward, and the storage basket underneath can be accessed from the front and the back. When folded, it can be broken down to a nearly flat shape, so sliding it in your trunk or even your backseat is simple.
The bassinet part of the stroller has a comfortable carrying handle, and the older baby/toddler seat has a similar bar for your child to hold on to. The stroller has a large sun shade canopy, but also a rain cover to keep your child safe from the elements. And while it’s not a jogging stroller by any means, it does offer a smooth ride thanks to its all-terrain wheels and suspension. And accessing the brake is as easy as stepping on the pedal in the middle of the lower bar on the back of the stroller. There’s just a lot of ease of use and comfortability all round. You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby. The Bugaboo Fox Complete Full-Size Stroller is $1,200. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- It has a fairly large storage basket underneath.
- Although it’s not a double stroller, you can purchase the attachable Bugaboo Rider Board to allow your older toddler to ride along with your little one.
- The bassinet and seat are cushioned and comfortable.
- It can be a little tricky to unfold the stroller.
- The brake bar on the back can sometimes get in the way when trying to access the basket.
Further Read: UPPAbaby Vista vs Bugaboo Fox
Has the Bugaboo Fox Been Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on the Bugaboo Fox Complete Full-Size Stroller.
Final Thoughts on the UPPAbaby Vista
Clearly, the UPPABaby Vista Stroller isn’t the only stroller of its kind.
There are some comparable convertible double and triple strollers that are even made in the same general design. But the UPPABaby Vista has a more affordable price than most of its competing strollers and offers plenty of versatility.
Bottom Line: You really can’t go wrong with the UPPABaby Vista here, even if it might be a little costly for your family’s budget.
The good news is that you can use it for literal years with your newborn and eventual toddler. It’s definitely a top choice for a lot of parents and rightfully so.
Where to Buy the UPPAbaby Vista Online
Many of the big retailers don’t carry the Vista online, or have outdated models. The following are the best online retailers that I’ve found:
- PishPoshBaby: You can buy it online directly via PishPoshBaby for less than $900.
- BabyCubby: Another retailer to check is BabyCubby.com here.
- Top 5 Best Double Strollers for an Infant and Toddler
- 6 of the Best Bassinet Strollers You Just Have to See