Last Updated on
This comparison post between Topfer vs Holle can be a perfect read for all moms out there who are confused about choosing which organic infant milk formula to use for their infants or struggling with breastfeeding issues.
We have many moms on our team who find it difficult to breastfeed their babies due to one or more underlying health issues. Moreover, they also find it difficult to use the breast pump. So instead, some of our expert moms used two top-rated organic baby formula: Topfer and Holle to feed their babies over a period of 5 weeks, and they seemed pretty satisfied with the results.
Both products can be considered as a safer alternatives for breast milk. Moreover, they’re organic, which also makes them safe for newborn babies. Nevertheless, both products are different from each other in several aspects such as price, ingredients, manufacturing process, etc. Both infant milk formula contains essential nutrients that your baby would require during their initial months. They’re suitable alternatives for breast milk and many mothers all over the world are using them to feed their babies.
While Topfer Organic Infant Milk Formula is manufactured in Germany by combining valuable bifido cultures and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Holle Organic Infant Milk is made of 99% organic milk (or goat milk for the goat variety). This is just the basic difference. There’s a lot of valuable information that’s coming your way in the Topfer vs Holle comparison. We hope that by the end of this guide, you’ll be able to pick the best infant organic milk for your baby.
Germany (farms in Allgau)
Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil
- 1 Topfer Stage PRE Lactana-Organic (Bio) First Infant Milk
- 2 Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic (Bio) Infant Milk Formula
- 3 The Verdict: Holle or Topfer?
- 4 Final Thoughts: Topfer vs Holle
If you’re looking for meaningful nutrition for your infant right from the beginning, Topfer Infant Milk Formula is all your baby needs. While breastfeeding is considered best for your child, Topfer’s organic formula is a 100% safe and valuable alternative.
If you’re unable to breastfeed your baby during the initial period after birth for whatever reason, you can bottle-feed using Topfer Organic Infant Milk Formula to provide your baby with food, nourishment, and care in the first few months.
With Topfer’s unique composition and superior-quality of organic infant milk, you can easily cover the comprehensive nutrient requirement of your baby in the initial months.
Topfer Lactana Bio Pre is suitable for newborn babies up to the final bottle stage. The powerful combination of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and bifido cultures make Lactana Bio Pre highly nutritious and healthy. Moreover, it’s well-tolerated by most of the babies.
The product meets high standards and caters to all the nutritional requirements for infants mentioned by various scientific nutritional studies. It is manufactured in accordance with the standards defined by EC Regulation on Organic Production.
Topfer Infant Milk is as thin as mother’s milk, so you don’t need to worry about the thickness and texture of the fluid. We recommend you not to increase the size of the teat hole. It is a good idea to allow your baby to suck as strongly as they would do while breastfeeding.
Preparing and feeding Topfer Organic Infant Milk Formula is as simple and quick as preparing and feeding other milk formulas. Also, make sure you don’t mix other milk formulas or milk powders with Topfer Organic Infant Milk Formula as it may hamper the nutritional constitution of the original products.
Based on the instructions mentioned on Topfer Organic Infant Milk box and using the measuring spoon provided with the product, add the required scoops of milk powder (typically 1 scoop per 1 oz. of fluid). Close the baby feeding bottle and shake well to mix the contents in the bottle. You’ll notice some foam which will disappear itself after some time. Add more water and shake lightly until you notice an unevenly distributed solution.
Topfer Nutritional Features
- Suitable for newborn babies as a supplement for mother’s milk.
- Contains long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) and Bifidobacterium cultures.
- Smooth texture and thin like breast milk.
- Contains Lactose as a digestible carbohydrate.
- Complies with the highest standards and superior organic quality.
- Consistent with the fresh findings of nutritional science.
- Fresh organic milk from lush-green farms in Allgau.
- Easy to prepare and feed.
- The infant milk formula is softer on the infant’s stomach than many other organic milk formulas by leading brands on the market.
- Since the milk formula is organic and natural, you don’t need to worry about the nutritional value of the product.
- It’s a perfect substitute for breast milk.
- The formula contains lactose instead of sugar.
- Your baby won’t be able to find out the difference between breast milk and formula milk.
- A little expensive than Holle Organic Formula, but definitely try this listing here.
- Can only be purchased online at this OrganicBabyFood.com listing.
- If you don’t measure the scoops accurately, your infant may suffer from constipation.
- Not suitable for an infant with lactose intolerance.
What Parents Say About Topfer Infant Milk Formula
New moms are simply loving Topfer Organic Infant Milk Formula, and the product currently has a 5-star rating. Here are some insights we’ve drawn from existing reviews:
New moms are preferring Topfer over other brands such as Holle and Hipp as Topfer Infant Milk Formula comes with probiotics and omega-3 fatty acids that are not found in other infant milk formulas on the market. Moreover, Topfer milk formula does not contain sugar so your baby won’t gain excess weight.
One of the customers has mentioned that her son was giving her a tough time with other formula milk on the market. He would often spit up, have a white coating on his tongue, or vomit after the feeding session. However, once she switched to Topfer, her son started enjoying the feeding sessions and is not cranky anymore. Even the white coating on his tongue is gone.
Many moms have mentioned that recurrent problems such as gas, bloating, and constipation their babies used to suffer from are long gone since they started using Topfer Infant Milk Formula. Their babies now have normal bowel movements.
Another thing that mom’s over the world love about Topfer Infant Milk Formula is the texture, smoothness, and smell of the mixture that their babies love. It simply feels like breast milk. It’s almost hard to distinguish between Topfer Infant Milk Formula in a feeding bottle and breast milk in a pump.
Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic (Bio) Infant Milk Formula
Holle Infant Milk Formula is available in different stages for babies of different ages, and Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula is suitable for 1-month old babies. The organic goat milk formula comprises 99% organic ingredients. In fact, Holle is the only established brand selling organic goat milk formula. Most of the goat milk formulas on the market are not organic.
The primary ingredients in Holle Goat Stage 1 Infant Milk Formula are cows milk (or goat milk – if you opt for goat), oils, and carbohydrates. It does not contain any hexane-extracted ARA/DHA or synthetic nutrients. However, it does contain maltodextrin which is a drawback. Other ingredients are minerals and vitamins important for the baby’s development.
The milk used in Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula comes from goats raised on local biodynamic organic farms in appropriate environments. All goat farms strictly follow the EU organic regulations. The quality of this formula is the same as the quality of milk products. So, make sure you don’t use this formula if your baby is allergic to ingredients present in cow’s milk and test a small amount of product with your baby before using it regularly.
You can feed your baby Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula to your baby just after birth for a balanced diet and nourishment. A package of Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula can make approximately 100 oz. of mixed milk formula. If your baby likes Holle Goat Infant Milk Formula, you would require at least 9 boxes of Holle Goat Infant Milk Formula every month.
The formula is produced in a way that makes it light for the baby’s stomach and easy to digest. However, avoid mixing Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula with other milk powders or products to prevent the disturbance of the formula chemical constitution and nutritional balance.
Holle Nutrition Features
- Suitable for newborn babies.
- Superior-quality organic goat milk powder.
- Made of 100% organic ingredients.
- Derived from cows and goats that are raised according to the EU Organic Regulations.
- Does not contain any genetically modified or genetically engineering ingredients.
- Does not contain any preservatives or artificial coloring.
- The production method is chemical-free.
- Can be used as an alternative to breast milk.
- The organic goat milk formula is made of 99% organic ingredients.
- The biodynamically sound ingredients make Holle Cows Milk or Goat Milk Formula highly preferable over another milk formula on the market.
- Most babies adapt quickly to Holle Cows or Goat Infant Milk Formula (goat milk is actually more similar to human breast milk).
- The formula smells, tastes, and looks like original milk.
- The formula is easily affordable for many parents.
- It does not cause constipation, bloating, or gas.
- The formula has an extended shelf-life so you can buy a bulk supply in advance.
- The structure of the chemicals found in goat milk is similar to the structure of proteins and other chemicals found in cow’s milk. So, Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula might be unsuitable for babies who are allergic to cow’s milk.
- The formula contains maltodextrin (corn based, over-consumption can lead to excess weight gain)
- You can only purchase the formula online as it is not available on the market in the U.S. NOTE: I’ve found MyOrganicCompany here to be a great option (plus, use code THEBABYSWAG and save 10% at checkout!)
- The formula contains palm oil that is not preferred by some parents.
- Some parents have mentioned that goat milk formula does not mix properly and leaves a floating layer on top even when mixed well.
- It is thicker than other milk formulas on the market.
What Parents Say About Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula
The product has over 100 reviews and a 5-star rating. We’ve drawn some insights from existing customer reviews of Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula also and here’s what we found:
- Most parents find Holle Goat Infant Milk Formula safe for their baby.
- Many parents have mentioned that various digestive issues faced by their babies are long gone now, especially gas and constipation.
- A new mom mentioned that her newborn daughter who’s allergic to cow’s milk and has no problem in digesting Holle Goat Infant Milk Formula.
- Parents really like the smell and taste of Holle Goat Infant Milk Formula.
- Another new mom mentioned that her newborn baby suffered from severe eczema. The pediatrician found out that the baby had a milk protein allergy. No other issues with the baby’s digestive system were found. The pediatrician recommended goat milk formula for the baby. Initially, she was very skeptical about trying Holle Goat Stage 1 Infant Milk Formula; however, she’s glad she bought the product for her baby. The product was delivered quickly, and the baby has adapted pretty well to the taste and smell of the milk formula.
Holle vs Other Formulas
In case you are interested, here are some other direct comparisons that we’ve done between Holle and other formula options:
- Holle vs. Kabrita Baby Formula: Which One Will You Love?
- Holle vs. Baby’s Only Formula: Which one is Best?
- One IS Better: Hipp vs Holle Organic Formulas Compared
- Holle Baby Formula Review – Everything You Need to Know
- Holle vs Similac Formula: Which Should You Choose?
The Verdict: Holle or Topfer?
Even though both products have a 5-star rating and are organic, parents are preferring Topfer Stage PRE Lactana Organic First Infant Milk Formula over Holle Goat Stage 1 Organic Infant Milk Formula.
Both products are great alternatives for breastmilk. However, Holle Goat and Cow Infant Milk Formula both contain maltodextrin (sugar) that most parents don’t prefer, especially for newborn babies. Even though Holle contains lactose, the primary carbohydrate is maltodextrin which spoils the case. Topfer contains only lactose which is the primary carbohydrate. Also, it contains probiotics and many essential minerals and vitamins that are required for proper growth and development of a baby.
Another thing that parents like about Topfer Infant Milk Formula is the smooth texture and fluidity of the resulting mixture that resembles breast milk. Holle Goat Infant Milk Formula is comparatively thickness and difficult to dissolve. Therefore, babies have a better liking for Topfer Infant Milk Formula.
When it comes down to the stronger contender here, Topfer is definitely in the spotlight. Even though it’s a bit costlier than Holle, it provides parents with the peace of mind they need regarding their baby’s health and nutrition.
Final Thoughts: Topfer vs Holle
If you’re a new mom who’s unable to breastfeed and have no option but to switch to formula milk, this Topfer vs Holle comparison can help you pick the best infant milk formula for your baby.
You can choose one or use a combination of both products (do not mix them but use on alternate days). Everything ultimately trickles down to the liking of your baby, existing food allergies, and adaptability with the products.
If your baby has food allergies, it’s best to try and then use the product. While finding the best infant milk formula can be a daunting task, it’s extremely critical to your baby’s health and development during the initial months after birth. Here, the task was picking the best out of Topfer vs. Holle, and as mentioned in the previous section, Topfer is a clear choice for us.
While both products are organic and great alternatives for breast milk, Topfer does not contain maltodextrin which is something we all love about the product. It doesn’t put our babies at the risk of weight gain or obesity. Also, it is thin, smooth, and resembles breast milk in every aspect.
We hope you found the guide useful. If you have any other questions related to organic infant milk formula or specific questions about the two products mentioned here, please feel free to reach out to our super moms who are trying their best to help you with your baby’s nutrition and growth.
Also, if there are any other baby food products or milk formula you would like us to review, let us know, and we’ll start prepping for the testing and research.
Where to Buy Topfer?
As previously discussed, it can be almost impossible to find Topfer (or Holle for that matter) in physical stores, but you CAN now find a number of retailers online. The following online stores have been personally vetted (and tested) by us to ensure quality, reliability and optimal value:
- First try finding it on OrganicBabyFood.com here. OrganicBabyFood has been in business for a while and is actually the ONLY reliable supplier for Topfer that I have found.
Germany (farms in Allgau)
Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil
- Best Places to Buy Formula Online
- Formula Options for Gassy Babies
- Best Formula Dispensers for On the Go
- Generic versus Non GMO Formula