There are a lot of firsts that come with being a parent. And since figuring out what to register for before your baby shower is just another added learning curve, it’s important to plan ahead of time to try and figure out the most reliable and reputable brands out there.
It would be extraordinarily easy to simply choose whatever is easiest to access at your preferred department stores, but the truth of the matter is that there are some very specific things you should register for before your baby shower and these are just some of them.
So before you assume that any old stroller or any brand of diapers will do, take into consideration the ones listed here.
Jump to a specific section
- Top Items for Your Baby Shower Registry List
- 1. Baby Jogger City Mini
- 2. Lotus Everywhere Travel Crib
- 3. Graco 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat
- 4. Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
- 5. LilleBaby Complete All Season Baby Carrier
- 6. Boppy Luxe Feeding & Infant Support Pillow
- 7. Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Pail
- 8. Pampers Swaddlers
- Final Thoughts on Best Items for Your Baby Shower Registry List
Top Items for Your Baby Shower Registry List
Whether you’re a new parent or already have a few little ones, obviously it’s important to find the best deals and best values for the right brands, and while not all of the baby items listed here are necessarily your own top choices, they’re still important to consider registering for before your baby shower comes.
1. Baby Jogger City Mini
There is no doubt that you will need a stroller for your new baby. Even if you have one from when your school-aged child was younger, your best bet is to invest in (or in this case, register for) a new stroller for safety reasons. The Baby Jogger City Mini stroller is an easy choice for when you want a stroller that’s a mix between an umbrella stroller and more heavy duty one.
It’s lightweight and compact enough to be able to take with you and store when it’s not in use, and there’s also a car seat adapter you can purchase separately to use for your infant’s car seat, which means you’ll be able to use the stroller right from the start.
Despite the brand’s name, this particular stroller isn’t meant for actual jogging, but you can use it for long periods of time and your baby probably wouldn’t mind, thanks to the multiple recline positions of the seat and the large canopy with UV 50+ sun protection.
Your baby can use the stroller until they reach the 50-pound mark, which means that it may be the only stroller you’ll need for your little one.
- Child Age Range: The Baby Jogger City Mini stroller is for babies from infancy, with the car seat adapter, up to 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find the stroller on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s so lightweight that you can easily carry it when folded with one hand while holding your baby with the other arm.
- The Not So Great: Adjusting the stroller for reclining and inclining can take some extra effort.
2. Lotus Everywhere Travel Crib
It’s a given that you’ll need an actual crib. But since you’re more likely to buy such a big and important piece of your baby’s nursery yourself, what you should register for is the Lotus Everywhere Travel Crib. The travel play yard is lightweight enough to move from room to room once it’s set up and can be used for your baby until they’re into the toddler stage.
The mattress pad is directly on the floor, which might make some parents feel as though it’s uncomfortable. However, it makes it possible to use the zipped window to lay with your baby or allow them the freedom to crawl in and out of the play yard eventually.
All of the sides are mesh to add breathability while your baby plays or rests in the travel crib and the set up can be done in seconds, which is an added bonus.
- Child Age Range: The travel crib should be used for newborns and toddlers up until they reach 35 inches tall.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s so lightweight and easy to move that, along with its travel bag, it’s easy to take it pretty much anywhere you’ll need it.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might not like the fact that with no infant bassinet, you’ll have to bend all the way down to pick up and lay down your baby.
3. Graco 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat
It can never be stressed enough how badly you’ll need a sturdy and reliable car seat for your baby from the time you take them home from the hospital and for several years after. But it’s even better if you find a car seat that will grow with your baby like the Graco 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat does.
Its name comes from the fact that it’s the only car seat you’ll ever need and that means no purchasing extra car seats through each stage of your baby’s development and that alone is a beautiful thing.
With an easy-to-adjust harness system, multiple recline positions, and an easy LATCH system to really get it installed in your car properly, the car seat is easily one of the most important things you can register for before your baby shower. It’s also got a steel-reinforced frame and impact-absorbing foam to ensure your little one’s safety.
- Child Age Range: The car seat is for children from 4-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Toys ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: You can go from rear to forward-facing as your baby grows and he or she will never need an additional booster seat with this car seat.
- The Not So Great: Installing the car seat rear-facing with the LATCH system can be difficult to properly do.
This Car Seat gives you 10 years of use with one car seat, now upgraded with three additional features. The 4Ever you know and love now features a Rapid Remove cover, an integrated belt lock-off for easy installation, and rubberized fuss-free harness storage to help you get baby in and out.
4. Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
A bouncer or lounger for your baby can be another tool in keeping them happy and soothed, but without using a crib or playpen to get that done. So the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Balance Soft, which transitions to a comfortable toddler seat, is the way to go when registering for a baby bouncer.
It offers the right kind of head and neck support for your newborn and promotes natural rocking, as opposed to a battery-operated bouncer.
The bouncer also has three settings for rest, sleep, and play while your baby is safely buckles in the seat. With some gentle nudges from you and your baby’s own natural movements, the bouncer will move on its own and keep them both entertained and soothed.
- Child Age Range: Your baby can use the bouncer from newborn to two years of age.
- Where To Buy: The bouncer is available on Amazon or in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond and Walmart.
- The Best Part: Since it folds flat, it’s easy to store and even transport the bouncer anywhere you go.
- The Not So Great: The seat itself doesn’t sit your baby upright very much, which some parents may need for babies with acid reflux.
5. LilleBaby Complete All Season Baby Carrier
You might think that a baby carrier isn’t something you’ll use very much, given that babies grow so quickly. However, with the Lillebaby Complete All-Season Baby Carrier, you’ll have one that can be used well past the newborn or infant stages. The carrier can be worn in six different positions to help your baby be the most comfortable and in ergonomic positions healthy for his or her development.
There’s added lumbar support for your own comfort, as well as multiple convenient pockets and padding to help your little one remain comfortable enough to fall asleep against your chest or back while you’re on the go. Plus, the cool mesh material allows for breathability for you both.
- Child Age Range: The carrier can be used from birth, up until three or four years of age (45 pounds).
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the carrier on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target or Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: There are so many positions you can use with the carrier that your baby is bound to find one that suits him or her best.
- The Not So Great: It may take some practice to be able to put on the carrier properly on your own.
6. Boppy Luxe Feeding & Infant Support Pillow
The Bobby Luxe Feeding & Infant Support Pillow can be used to help your baby with tummy time and learn to sit up while also serve as support for you during feedings. So it serves more than just one purpose. It’s been a staple for new parents for decades, so it’s definitely one to register for before your baby shower so you too can enjoy all of the benefits of the seemingly simple pillow.
When your little one is still a newborn, you can use it for feedings. Then when they reach around three months, it can be used for propping them up. Around six months old, you can start to use the Boppy for tummy time and around nine months, it can be used to help your baby with the next milestone of sitting.
- Child Age Range: The Boppy is for babies from newborn to at least nine months of age.
- Where To Buy: It’s available on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Toys ‘R Us and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: The Luxe version of the Boppy has a removable soft pillowcase that adds more comfort for both you and your infant.
- The Not So Great: It can sometimes get a little too warm, however.
7. Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Pail
Even if this is your first pregnancy, you probably know that babies produce tons of soiled diapers per day. So, you’d do well to register for the Diaper Dekor Classic Diaper Pail to help keep odors at a minimum. The diaper pail enables you to dispose of dirty diapers hands-free and it comes in three different sizes to best suit your needs and the size of your home or your baby’s nursery.
Once you’re done with diapers, you can easily convert the diaper pail to an actual garbage can, too. And even before you do that, you can still hook trash bags to the inside of the pail as opposed to actual diaper pail liners, which is another economic benefit.
The Plus pail holds up to 60 diapers, the Classic can hold up to 45, and the Mini holds up to 25 soiled diapers. It’s also available in a variety of soft colors to match your baby’s nursery theme.
- Child Age Range: The diaper pail is perfect from the newborn stage up until your baby is out of diapers and then, as it can be used as an actual trash can, even beyond that.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s easy to open the front door of the pail to switch out the liners once they become full.
- The Not So Great: When you open the pail to dispose of diapers, the odor does momentarily escape.
8. Pampers Swaddlers
You may eventually find that you prefer a different brand of diapers. But for your newborn at least, Pampers Swaddlers is a solid choice to battle those wet diapers every day. Especially since you’ll be going through plenty in the first few months alone.
One of the biggest advantages of the Swaddlers is the wetness indicator line that will change color to let you know that the diaper needs to be changed. This can be especially helpful if you aren’t sure how full a diaper is or if you’re trying to figure out just why your baby is crying at any given time.
The material itself is soft against your infant’s sensitive skin and the sides are stretchy enough to fit your baby without digging into his or her hips. The diapers also promise up to 12 hours of protection thanks to layers of adsorption liners, which work to keep wetness away from your baby’s skin and prevent rashes.
- Child Age Range: The diapers come in sizes from newborn up to size seven.
- Where To Buy: You can find the diapers on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: The wetness indicator line helps you to know for sure if your baby has a soiled diaper.
- The Not So Great: Some parents may argue that these particular diapers aren’t very cost-effective.
Final Thoughts on Best Items for Your Baby Shower Registry List
Before you have any concerns that the things you register for might be too pricey to ask of your friends or family, remember that this is the time for you to get a free pass for having more expensive tastes.
In some cases, the bigger price tags on baby items may mean that you’re getting what you pay for. In other words, more sturdy and trusted items for your future bundle of joy. And baby showers are meant to allow your loved ones to spoil you and your future child with everything he or she will need.
While everything on this list of baby shower registry must-haves may not be your first choice for the different baby products, they’re definitely worth considering.