- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Snuggle Me vs DockaTot : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - May 26, 2022
You can deny all you want that you won’t use a diaper bag when you have your first baby. Or, even if this is your second or third, you can still try to turn down the offers of friends and family embers to gift you with a diaper bag that you’ll be able to use throughout your baby’s first couple of years.
But chances are, you can benefit from these amazing diaper bags if only to make life a little easier once you have a brand new baby to carry around with you everywhere you go.
Some parents opt for a simple backpack, while others just use an oversized purse for all of their baby’s essentials, but here’s the kicker — you can still get both of those options out of these bags that were designed to look like those, but are also made to hold and store all of your baby’s necessities while you’re on the go.
You’re more than welcome to shy away from the more traditional looking diaper bags, but the beauty of this list of the top 7 best diaper bags out there right now is that it runs the gambit of the different styles of diaper bags there really are.
Gone are the days of sticking to the traditional bulky and the usually unattractive diaper bags that everyone seemed to haul around in the 90’s.
Now, you can opt for a bag that looks like more of a designer purse on the outside or choose a bag that doubles as a backpack and makes things extra easy for you and your partner. Whichever bag you choose, though, this list should make that decision so much easier for you in the end.
1. Skip Hop Duo Signature
Not only is the Skip Hop Duo Signature diaper bag large enough to hold most of your most important baby items, but it can also hold your laptop or tablet when you’re on the go.
If you have a toddler, you know the value of having a handy tablet, so that’s definitely a plus right there. It also has a total of 10 pockets, including two mesh elastic side pockets made to hold most bottles and a front zipper pocket and separate pocket to keep any important electronic gadgets in, since that may be as much of a necessity as extra diapers for some parents.
The top of the bag itself has a zipper to keep all of your belongings safe from falling out and you can use it as either a shoulder bag or a stroller bag thanks to the handy clips made by Skip Hop.
It also doesn’t hurt that there’s a variety of prints to choose from that are all on the more neutral and sleek side as opposed to something brightly colored that may stain more easily or that you might grow tired of.
- Size: The entire bag is 13 x 4.25 x 13.75 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Skip Hop Duo Signature on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target or Babies ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: The different pockets meant for different supplies is one thing, but to be able to zip close the bag at the top and further protect all of those pockets is a big deal.
- The Not So Great: Some parents might find that it isn’t quite big enough for them.
2. Ju-Ju B.F.F.
You can wear it like a backpack, use it as a messenger bag, or use optional shoulder straps, but either way, the Ju-Ju B.F.F. diaper bag is designed to look good while carrying all of your baby’s necessities while you’re away from the comforts of home.
Not only does it come with a memory foam changing pad, but it also has easy to access pockets for your own belongings, like a cell phone or keys, and two insulated bottle holders made by Thinsulate by 3M so your baby’s bottles can remain either warm or cold throughout the day.
Inside, there are four different pockets and a large open space to toss in whatever else you might need.
- Size: The diaper bag is 13.3 x 6.8 x 16.5 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Ju-Ju B.F.F. diaper bag on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: You can wear the bag three different ways — as a backpack, over the shoulder, or as a messenger bag.
- The Not So Great: Although it certainly comes with a lot of perks, like the many pockets, the changing pad, and the optional straps, the cost may be a little pricey for some parents.
3. Diaper Dude Messenger Diaper Bag
Right off the bat, the Diaper Dude Messenger Diaper Bag certainly doesn’t look like your typical diaper bag, but it does have a lot of the same features that hold and store all of your baby’s bottles, diapers, wipes, and whatever else they may need throughout the day.
The three exterior zippered pockets are ideal for bibs, wipes, and any baby food or snacks, while the back has two electricized pockets for anything else.
The inside is compartmentalized and spacious enough to fit changes of clothes, your baby’s favorite blanket, and of course extra diapers. Plus, the messenger bag strap can be adjusted to fit both you and your partner.
- Size: As a whole, the diaper bag is 16 x 4.5 x 14 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: The ergonomic design of the bag as a messenger bag makes it comfortable for any parent or caregiver.
- The Not So Great: For some, it might be a little too bulky to carry around everywhere.
4. KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack
It’s hard to deny the convenience of a good backpack diaper bag and the KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack gets that.
Like any other backpack, it has adjustable straps that can fit most parents and caregivers and is made to hold everything you need. And like other diaper bags, there is a place especially for bottles, but it’s also zippered away, though still easily accessible.
Also accessible is the tissue pocket on the side of the bag that has a slot you feed tissues through to get to them easily without going into your actual bag. Since it’s so large, though, you can easily take along with you extra supplies you might not be able to fit in your standard diaper bag.
- Size: The KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack is 12.5 x 2 x 17.5 inches.
- Where To Buy: Right now, you can find the backpack diaper bag on Amazon and is one of the top Amazon choices for diaper bags.
- The Best Part: The size of the bag means being able to store literally everything you’ll need for your baby when you’re away from home.
- The Not So Great: The inside lining may seem fragile to some parents.
5. Boxum Baby 3 in 1 Premium Diaper Bag
With the Boxum 3 in 1 Premium Diaper Bag, you get far more than just your run-of-the-mill diaper bag. Instead, you also get one that can be converted to a changing station or a bassinet for your newborn.
Of course, you should always be there to watch over your infant, but it brings a whole level of convenience to the diaper bag that also has ample pockets and space to store bottles, diapers, wipes, and bibs. Even when the diaper bag is used as a bassinet, you can still get to some of the zippered pockets, which is also very convenient.
To keep your baby’s bottle fresh, it also has a bottle cooler and it also has a keyring on the outside to easily access specifiers or your own keys.
- Size: The diaper bag is 16 x 4 x 16 inches.
- Where To Buy: Currently, you can find the Boxum Baby bag on Amazon.
- The Best Part: You can use it for more than just a diaper bag since it triples as both a changing station and bassinet as well.
- The Not So Great: The side pockets could be a little larger to hold more of your baby’s necessities.
6. Laguna Tide Travel Diaper Bag Backpack
The Laguna Tide Travel Diaper Bag Backpack has “travel” in its name for a reason. You can use it as a day-to-day diaper bag, but you can also legitimately use it to travel with your infant or toddler, as it holds a lot of items they’ll need, including extra chances of clothes and plenty of diapers and wipes.
It has 12 different storage pockets to easily hold bottles, sippy cups, snacks, wipes, diapers, and other accessories your baby might need. You can wear it as a backpack as intended, or even use the removable shoulder straps. But should you decided to wear the diaper bag as a backpack, there’s a little padded area for added back support.
- Size: The Laguna Tide Travel Diaper Bag Backpack is 13.5 x 7.5 x 17.5 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: All of the space is nice for long days away from home or especially when on vacation with your baby or toddler.
- The Not So Great: If you don’t use the support buckle in front, the straps might be a little uncomfortable.
7. Hip Cub Diaper Bag
If your goal is to keep on wearing that designer handbag you loved since before you had a baby, then the Hip Cub Diaper Bag could be the perfect diaper bag for you. It looks like a trendy purse, but in actuality, it’s also a diaper bag with the right pockets and slots to hold all of your baby’s accessories.
It can be work over the shoulder or as a messenger bag. It also has straps to hang it on the back of your stroller and side pockets for bottles or sippy cups your baby or toddler might need throughout the day. Once your diaper bags days are over, you can even use the diaper bag as your everyday purse, since it already looks like one.
- Size: The Hip Cub Diaper Bag is 13.5 x 1.6 x 14.5 inches.
- Where To Buy: Right now, you can find the bag on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Since a big part of switching to a diaper bag is the loss of having a real purse, this kind of does away with that.
- The Not So Great: It doesn’t have as many pockets or compartments as some other diaper bags.
Other Diaper Bags to Consider:
- The Best Gender Neutral Diaper Bags
- The Top 8 Best Diaper Bags For Travel
- Best Diaper Bag Backpacks [2020 Picks]
Whether your goal is to find the cutest diaper bag, or the most practical, or even the one with the unique bells and whistles, there is bound to be something on this list to suit your needs.
The most important thing is that you’re comfortable with it and it can safely hold all of your most important belongings that your baby will need throughout the day.
If that means a smaller bag than most parents would use, then so be it. But there are a variety of sizes as well as styles to choose from. And in most cases, they’re also plenty affordable, so feel free to splurge on the one that looks more like an adorable over-the-shoulder bag as well as the backpack you know your partner would prefer.