- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Snuggle Me vs DockaTot : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - May 26, 2022
Whether you need a beach towel or a bath towel for your little one, finding the best baby towel is plenty important. Finding the right baby towel is important not just for their comfort and properly drying them off, but to keep their soft skin from breaking out in sudden rashes because of rough material.
It’s also good to find a baby towel that is thick enough to last a while without being too thick to hang dry for your baby’s next use.
In most cases, you don’t necessarily need a special towel just for your infant or toddler, but it certainly helps with bath time for them to have one sized just for them that’s also a fun color or with a familiar design or hood style.
Not to mention the ease of wrapping a baby or toddler in a smaller towel after bath time. But since a lot of baby towels are made of softer or more genuinely organic material, they’re softer on every inch of your baby and last longer since they’re sized just for them to use.
There are a lot of options out there, but these are easily the top seven best baby towels to choose from for your own infant or toddler.
[table id=32 /]
- 1 1. Bamboo Ray Hooded Towel
- 2 2. Bambaby’s Premium Hooded Towels for Babies
- 3 3. Skip Hop Owl Zoo Hooded Towel & Mitt Set
- 4 5. Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Organic Cotton Hooded Baby Towels
- 5 6. Teenie Greenie Baby Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel
- 6 7. Panda And Penguin Terry Cotton Absorbent Baby Hooded Bath Towel
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Final Thoughts
1. Bamboo Ray Hooded Towel
The Bamboo Ray Hooded Towel is made of a super soft material to gently dry and wrap your baby, and since it’s sized for a toddler, your baby can use it for longer than anything smaller. Not only is the double-sided thick towel plush, but it’s also super absorbent and dries faster after use.
The organic bamboo cotton towel has hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties to help protect your baby’s skin from itchiness, rashes, or eczema.
The bamboo in the Bamboo Ray Hooded Towel is extra absorbent and will keep your baby warm during the colder months, due to its insulating technology. It also has four times the absorbency of other strictly cotton baby towels, as well as softness and anti-odor properties to keep the towel fluffy and fresh for longer.
- What It’s Made Of: The Bamboo Ray Hooded Towel fabric is made of thick organic cotton and bamboo.
- Where To Buy: You can find the towel on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The bamboo the towel is made of is extra absorbent and soft, even more so than standard cotton towels.
- The Not So Great: Some parents may experience thread pulls, but they can usually be easily cut off if need be.
2. Bambaby’s Premium Hooded Towels for Babies
Besides being designed with an adorable animal face as the hood of the towel, the Bambaby’s Premium Hooded Baby Towel is made of 100% organic bamboo material. Since the material is soft enough for your baby’s skin but big enough to wrap around your toddler comfortably, the Bambaby’s Premium Hooded Baby Towel can be shared by your children or used by your baby as he or she grows.
Kids will no doubt love the dog or panda hood of the baby towel, so getting them out of it might be the only real issue parents face with the Bambaby’s Premium Hooded Baby Towel. The quality of the sanitary bamboo material is enough to genuinely last as your baby, and then the toddler uses the towel after baths or pool time.
- What It’s Made Of: The towel’s primary material is 100% organic bamboo.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Bambaby’s Premium Hooded Towel on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The animal hood will make the towel one for your baby or toddler to look forward to after bath times.
- The Not So Great: Depending on how long and how often your little one uses the towel, the stitching could be weakened on the hood’s details.
3. Skip Hop Owl Zoo Hooded Towel & Mitt Set
Like all baby towels that your toddler will undoubtedly love, the Skip Hop Owl Zoo Hooded Towel comes with a hood made to look like an owl and excite your baby or toddler.
It also comes with a matching washcloth mitt to make bath time easier and even more fun for your baby, but the towel itself is 34 inches wide by 34 inches high, so it’s plenty big enough to wrap around your baby and eventually, your toddler as well.
The towel and washcloth mitt match and can even be paired with Skip Hop’s matching storage bin, hamper, travel blanket, or travel neck pillow. And just in case your toddler gets tired of the same owl character, the Skip Hop Hooded Towel comes as a pink ladybug or yellow bumblebee as well.
- What It’s Made Of: It’s made of 100% terry cloth cotton.
- Where To Buy: You can find the towel on Amazon or in-store at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: The Skip Hop Owl Zoo Hooded Towel & Mitt Set includes a matching sponge mitt that fits over your hand that allows for easier washing of your baby or toddler during bath time.
- The Not So Great: The colors and patterns are bright and fun, but in some cases, the colors made fade more quickly.
4. 3 Sprouts Chicken Hooded Towel
With a 100% cotton knit exterior and cotton terry interior of the 3 Sprouts Chicken Hooded Towel, it’s soft and absorbent enough on both sides to dry your little one-off and dry up quick enough when it’s hung up after. It also has a hood that looks like a chicken head, so it’s a fun baby towel option that also wraps your baby in the softest comfort.
Since it’s so fluffy and warm, the 3 Sprouts Chicken Hooded Towel not only dries your baby off but also keeps them warm after taking a dip in the pool or taking a bath. The decorative parts sewn into the hood of the towel might seem a little flimsy, but in most cases, they’ll hold up well over time.
- What It’s Made Of: The towel is made of terry cloth on the inside and knit cotton on the outside.
- Where To Buy: You can find the towel on the manufacturer’s website or Amazon and in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: It’s a thick and soft towel which is enough to keep your baby or toddler warm and cozy after getting out of the bath.
- The Not So Great: It definitely keeps your little one warm, but actually drying them off might not come as easily.
5. Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Organic Cotton Hooded Baby Towels
Without any special characters or animals on the Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Organic Cotton Hooded Towel, you might think it’s not as fun or enjoyable for your baby or toddler, but the truth is that it’s comfortable and effective enough to be just as useful as the others.
In fact, the super-soft towel is designed especially for the sensitive skin of little ones in mind. The Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Organic Cotton Hooded Towel holds up to five times as much moisture as other towels of similar quality and fabric and is made with no harsh chemicals or dyes.
It’s also free of any synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, which might give you peace of mind when it comes to keeping potentially harmful fabrics off your little ones’ bodies.
- What It’s Made Of: The towel is made of 100% certified organic cotton.
- Where To Buy: You can find the towel on the manufacturer’s website or Amazon and in-store at Kohl’s or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: The hood is a good size to keep your baby’s head warm, but not so big that it hangs over or overpowers your little one’s face.
- The Not So Great: There are two separate towels for either a newborn, baby or toddler, so the baby version won’t likely fit on your toddler too.
6. Teenie Greenie Baby Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel
The hood and bear ears are definitely a cute aspect of the Teenie Greenie Baby Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel, but it’s also made from ecologically grown organic bamboo, which is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, and overall durable while being soft enough for your baby’s sensitive skin.
The towel is also fast drying, and because of that, it is less likely to grow bacteria or smells associated with wet towels that sit too long.
The Teenie Greenie Baby Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel can be used with babies, but because it’s a larger size than an infant towel, it can be used with your toddler too, which is definitely something you hope for with one of the best baby towels. And since the bamboo baby washcloths are soft and relatively plush, your little one will probably have no problem using it for a long time.
- What It’s Made Of: The towel is made from 100% organic bamboo.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Teenie Greenie Baby Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s made from a hypoallergenic, easily washable material that’s both soft and absorbent.
- The Not So Great: As with some other baby towels, it could experience some snagging or minimal unraveling early on.
7. Panda And Penguin Terry Cotton Absorbent Baby Hooded Bath Towel
As a trusted baby brand that offers a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, the Panda and Penguin Terry Cotton Absorbent Baby Hooded Bath Towel takes your baby or toddler’s comfort in mind the whole way through. With the handy hood attached, your little one’s hair can dry more easily without much effort on your part or kicking and screaming on their part.
Plus, it comes wrapped in matching tissue paper in a special box that’s sure to get your child excited about their next bath.
Not only is the terry cotton baby towel soft and luxurious on your baby or toddler’s skin, but it’s also super absorbent. And the hood makes it easy for your child to learn how to hang it up to dry afterward.
- What It’s Made Of: The baby towel is made of a soft terry cloth cotton fabric.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Panda and Penguin Terry Cotton Absorbent Baby Hooded Bath Towel on Amazon or in-store at Toys ‘R Us or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: Each towel comes with an e-book with activities and games for kids to enjoy with their parents.
- The Not So Great: As a rectangularly shaped towel as opposed to a square, some parents might find it harder to wrap their child in it securely.
Question: How do you keep towels from smelling?
Answer: The first and utmost thing is to always separate adult clothing and baby clothing because not only can it leave dirt and unpleasant scent but the rough fabric will also ruin the baby’s clothes softness and absorbency.
Towels tend to become smelly if you fail to dry them properly. But, a great tip for removing such a repulsive smell is to add a cup of vinegar into the load when you are washing the smelly towels.
Question: How often should you wash the baby towels?
Answer: In general, to keep the towels fresh, and also keep its absorbency and softness is to re-wash it once it has been used for three times. Make sure you dry your towels well to avoid mildew.
Question: How do you clean bamboo towels?
Answer: Natural bamboo is strong and durable, and so are the bamboo towels, so make sure that you wash them separately in warm water with baby detergent. Never use bleach or fabric softeners.
Choosing the best baby towel doesn’t have to be a huge deal and when it comes down to it, it’s probably not all that serious of a decision to make. But, since bath time and even water play, in general, is bound to be a big part of your little one’s life, it’s still important to find which works best for them.
A baby towel with ears or a super soft feel can be the difference between babies or toddlers dreading baths and actually requesting another bath before you’ve told them it’s time.
The perfect baby towel won’t necessarily transform your little one into a water-loving fish baby, but if it’s soft, highly absorbent, and leaves their skin feeling free of rashes or irritations, it definitely stands a chance of getting them excited.