- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Snuggle Me vs DockaTot : Which is Better? - May 26, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - May 26, 2022
No matter what any enlightened parent tells you, there is nothing fun or special about changing your baby’s diaper. That being said, there is something amazing about finding the best diaper changing pad to make the whole process a little smoother each day.
Because infants and older babies go through tons of diapers, meaning that you’ll both need a comfortable place for your little one to relax while you change and wipe them, all the while trying not to breathe through your nose.
While there may not be one perfect diaper changing pad to choose from for your family, there are certainly a set few that may work best.
Or, at the very least, work the longest until your baby is out of diapers and you no longer need to rush them to their diaper changing pad the moment they have a soiled diaper. These are our top six diaper changing pads and each one is designed with its own special features to suit different families.
1. Bumbo Changing Pad
Since you can never be too careful as you change your baby’s diaper and accidents happen, having a changing pad that’s easy to wipe clean can be a lot easier than one that has a cover you might have to remove to throw in the wash.
The Bumbo Changing Pad is of the easy-to-clean variety and even comes with a safety strap to help keep your baby in place while you change them and, if need be, clean up any extra unforeseen messes.
- Maximum Weight: The maximum weight recommended for this changing pad is 30 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find the Bumbo Changing Pad on Amazon and at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: The fact that the changing pad is made of a material other than fabric is a definite plus, as is which can be purchased separately and placed over the changing pad to entertain your little one.
- The Not So Great: It might be comfortable for most babies, but some parents may still find the Bumbo changing pad to be a little disconcerting, as it doesn’t come with the typical soft cushion feel.
The Bumbo Changing Pad provides a soft and comfortable platform for changing a baby. Ergonomically designed to offer maximum comfort and support.
2. Summer Infant 4-Sided Contour Change Pad
Summer Infant is notorious for having baby necessities and accessories in almost every category while giving parents affordable prices for all of their baby needs. So naturally, the Summer Infant 4-Sided Contour Change Padis no different.
And since there are Summer Infant changing pad covers in a variety of colors, any of them will also fit this particular changing pad, giving it a new look anytime really.
At 32 inches long, the changing pad also has contoured and inclined walls at all four sides to help keep your baby safely on the pad while you change them. It’s also made of peva vinyl for easier cleanup at the end of the day.
Maximum Weight: The maximum weight recommendation for the Summer Infant 4-Sided Contour Change Pad is 96 pounds.
Where To Buy: You can find the changing pad at Walmart or online t the manufacturer’s website or Amazon.
The Best Part: Although it can be covered with one of Summer Infant’s cloth changing pad covers, the changing pad is also waterproof and easy to wipe clean.
The Not So Great: Since it’s a bit longer than some standard changing pads, you might find yourself dealing awkwardly with a larger than usual changing pad, even if its ample space means it’s longer-lasting for your baby.
3. Simmons Contour Changing Pad
With its skid-resistant bottom, the Simmons Contour Changing Pad can potentially turn any reasonable surface into a changing table, but it also fits the size of any standard changing table in your baby’s room anyway.
And environmentally conscious parents can also rest easy knowing that the CertiPUR-US foam used on the inside is said to improve air quality. When you have a new baby, having things clean and fresh is kind of the name of the game, so that’s a big bonus to the changing pad.
To keep it clean, a simple wipe and clean method should work fine too, as the changing pad is made with a water-resistant vinyl material.
- Maximum Weight: There is no recommended maximum weight for the Simmons Contour Changing Pad, but since it’s almost 35 inches long, it’s going to be one to use for the long haul.
- Where To Buy: You can find it at Toys ‘R Us or on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Being able to use the changing pad as a way to turn any surface into a changing table means no longer needing to purchase a designated changing table just to change your baby on.
- The Not So Great: Although one of its defining features is the non-skid bottom, some parents might find more peace of mind if they can add a non-skid shelf liner to the bottom and being forced to have to do that can feel like a hassle for some.
4. Serta Perfect Sleeper Contour Changing Pad
Since many already trust in Serta mattresses as a whole, it only makes sense for their changing pad, the Serta Perfect Sleeper Contour Changing Pad, to do the trick too. Not only is the outside fitted with soft material and a safety strap, but the inside filling is made of organic cotton that makes the pad breathable.
And with a changing pad that will see lots of spills and smells, having a breathable pad that allows smells to flow through rather than stay trapped and dormant is a big plus. It’s also standard size, meaning that the changing pad should fit most standard changing tables.
- Maximum Weight: The maximum recommended weight for the Serta Perfect Sleeper Contour Changing Pad is 30 pounds.
- Where To Buy: The changing pad can be found at Toys ‘R Us as well as on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Since it’s made with organic filling and obviously meant to be as comfortable as possible, the comfort level, mixed with the ability to wipe clean the surface easily, makes the Serta Perfect Sleeper Contour Changing Pad all around good for your baby.
- The Not So Great: Although the non-skid bottom is meant to keep the pad from sliding on most surfaces, some parents might find it not as reliable as they’d like.
5. PooPoose Wiggle-Free Diaper Changing Pad
The website for the PooPoose Wiggle-Free Diaper Changing Pad says that it’s “doctor-designed and mom-approved,” which comes from the design that helps in keeping babies safe and still, as they tend to want to be able to move about freely.
The cover, which is removable, is also medical grade, which might give parents more peace of mind when it comes to the sanitary aspects of it. Instead of coming with the standard straps, the changing pad actually has thick straps meant to feel like a swaddle for babies and hold and immobilize them in a more comfortable way.
- Maximum Weight: For the PooPoose Wiggle-Free Diaper Changing Pad, the recommended maximum weight is 30 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the changing pad at Walmart or online at the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The main feature, which is the swaddling straps, hold your baby in more safely than most others and in a comfortable way that likely won’t have them trying to wriggle out from it.
- The Not So Great: The large strap meant to hold your baby in place might fit him or her better when they are a little longer, or else it could take up the majority of their torso and making actually changing your baby’s diaper a little more difficult.
6. Colgate Contour Changing Pad
The Colgate Contour Changing Pad, which comes in either a two-sided or a three-sided version depending on where you want the support for your baby, is designed with the long-term in mind.
The actual pad is made with a quilted cover, but it’s all attached to a fiber support board that can be screwed into the changing table. This means a virtually motionless changing pad and the ability to keep it on the changing table for as long as you need to.
The changing pad also uses CertiPUR-US certified foam and is Greenguard Gold certified, which means that it’s certified for low environmental emissions.
- Maximum Weight: The maximum weight recommended for the changing pad is 50 pounds.
- Where To Buy: It can be found at Target, on the manufacturer’s website, and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The best part about the Colgate Contour Changing Pad is the pad’s ability to be screwed into a changing tabletop or even the top of a low dresser and still remain secure for your baby.
- The Not So Great: Since the changing pad has a small hole in the top for the quilting, it can make cleaning the changing pad a little more difficult.
There are definitely some benefits to having a diaper changing pad with more bells and whistles than others, but for some parents, the bare minimum, as long as comfort and safety are involved, is really all they need. Those are both perfect examples of why this list of the top six best diaper changing pads will help most parents along the way.
Most of the best diaper changing pads don’t have to be super expensive, nor do they have to be the basic models that come with some changing tables. Instead, they come in so many different styles and designs that there’s bound to be something that works for everyone.