Are you thinking of getting a nightlight for your baby’s room? Seen the multiple options available but have no idea what is worth spending money on? There are so many options available it can be a difficult decision trying to find the one that’s suitable for your little one’s needs.
Nightlights are fantastic for children’s rooms, they provide a beautiful subtle glow whether it be for that late-night feed or your just popping your head in to check on your peacefully sleeping children.
So, to help you out in this all-important decision, we have done the research and found the Top 5 best night lights for kids that you may want to check out.
A Few Things to Consider When Choosing a Night Light:
We recommend coming up with a list of ideas on the type and style of night light that you want.
- Cost – Set a budget of how much you want to spend and ensure you stick with it. Night lights come in a range of prices.
- How easy is it to install and does it require batteries?
- Can you play music from it?
- Does it provide a range of light settings?
- Has it got an inbuilt timer, so you can set it to come on and off at a set time?
- Is it constructed, so it’s sturdy?
- Is it safe for children to touch?
Our 6 Top picks in night lights for baby.
Jump to a specific section
1. Summer Infant Slumber Buddies Projection and Melodies Soother
Slumber Buddies are the ideal friend to help ease your little one to sleep at night. Perfect for children of all ages, this soft, plush toy projects a calming starry sky display on walls and ceiling and plays a peaceful selection of sounds to help relax and soothe the baby to sleep. Operated by 3 AA batteries, this would make a perfect night light in your child’s room.
- Very soothing
- Soft fabric
- Easy to clean
- Projects images clearly
- Music is not the best quality
- No switch to dim the light if it is too bright
2. Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light
The Twilight Turtle nightlight will transform any children’s room into a starry night sky to help comfort little ones to sleep. It has an outer plastic shell, that projects a magical constellation of stars onto the bedroom ceiling and walls in three soothing color options.
The Twilight Turtles shell shines like a nightlight to help ease your baby’s fear of the dark and helps make bedtime fun for children of all ages.
- Provides comfort for little ones
- Batteries last a long time as shell turns off after about 15-20 minutes
- Lights change colors
- When batteries get low, the lights start flashing which can be distracting for baby
- Some customers would prefer the lights to stay on all night to keep their children comforted if they wake up.
3. LumiPets Baby Night Light Nursery Lamp – Portable LED Soft Touch Safe For Kids – USB Rechargeable Bear
The LumiPets Baby Nightlight provides gentle and calming mood lighting for little ones. An ideal night light for children, as it does not have any sharp bits, and it does not get hot so it can be kept close to kids during the night.
Designed with two ways to control the lamp by pressing the button or by patting the lamp surface. The LumiPets baby night light has 3 different modes with 7 vibrant colors and is eco-friendly and made with a high-quality non-toxic soft, washable silicone that is safe for baby and toddlers.
A night light that is worth investigating and is fast becoming a favorite in many households.
- Cute design that appeals to children
- Designed with 3 mode feature
- 7 colors options
- Operation is easy and quick to charge
- Some customers have found the battery not to last very long
- The tap feature can be quite sensitive.
4. Vava Night Lights for Kids
The Vava Night Light for Kids is a robust and baby-safe light that is made specifically for children. Its sturdy construction makes this nightlight a popular choice for families and the Eye-caring LED feature is a bonus.
Easy to use and will last for 5 hours at the brightest level and 80 hours at the weakest level. The Vava Night Light is waterproof, and kids can take it anywhere especially if they wake during the night.
- Easy to use
- The charge holds for a long time
- Provides the perfect amount of glow for a nursery
- Designed with adjustable brightness.
- Some customers have found the Vava Night light to very touch-sensitive.
- Common feedback was the light was still too bright on the dim setting.
5. Munchkin Light My Way Nightlight
The Munchkin Light My Way Nightlight is a battery-operated owl night light that provides comfort and security for little ones at bedtime. Ideal for toddlers as it is designed with a carry handle and one button switch. The timer automatically switches off after 20 minutes to conserve battery life, and it features LED technology that is cool to touch.
A cute little nightlight that provides a soft glow and is suitable for children from ages 2 up. Priced affordably this is one nightlight to pop on your shopping list.
- Reasonable Price
- Cool to touch
- Provides a soft glow
- A portable night light
The button can be difficult to locate in the dark
At a glance
|Summer Infant Slumber Buddies Projection and Melodies Soother, Eddie the Elephant
|Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light, Turtle
|LumiPets Baby Night Light Nursery Lamp – Portable LED Soft Touch Safe For Kids – USB Rechargeable Bear
|Vava Night Lights for Kids
|Munchkin Light My Way Nightlight
|Requires 3 AA Batteries
|Requires 3 AAA Batteries
|Micro USB Charge point
|Suitable for children 2+
|Age Range 0M+
|Suitable for children 2+
|3 modes of light with 7 color options
|Eye Caring LED
|Requires 3 AAA batteries
|Creates a starry sky
|Projects a starry sky
|Easy touch control
|Cool to touch
|5 soothing songs and sounds
|Three soothing colors
|Eco-friendly and made of high quality non-toxic washable silicon.
|Last 5 hours at brightest setting and 80 hours at weakest setting
|Provides a soft glow
Our research shows that there are plenty of choices when it comes to night lights for children. We have identified that the night lights that are most popular with families are the portable designed ones that can be charged via USB and provide a few more setting options.
Night lights are a must in many households, so we hope you discover one that provides the comfort and support your little one’s needs during the night.