Last Updated on
Are you on the search for the best overnight diapers available today? Does your little one keep waking up with leakage problems? Then stop right here and check the best night’s sleep diapers to save you some sleep too! In this review, we go over a detailed analysis of the top 5 best overnight diapers in order to help you choose the right ones for you in order to prevent a mess during the night and waking up your little one for changes.
- 1 What to look for in an overnight diaper
- 2 The best night diapers are:
- 3 Huggies Overnight Diapers
- 4 Goodnights Bedtime Pants for Boys and Girls
- 5 Pampers Underjams bedtime underwear for Boys and Girls
- 6 Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers
- 7 Bambo Nature Maxi Baby Diaper
- 8 UnderJams vs GoodNites
- 9 Our Final Thoughts: Best Overnight Diapers
What to look for in an overnight diaper
There is a range of diapers on the market these days, but some don’t live up to their standards. So what makes an overnight diaper great and what do these diapers offer? Here is what we think:
- Absorbent baby diapers that don’t “feel” the moisture
- Has Leak Barriers
- Easily disposable
- Breathable to allow babies skin to breathe (without skin irritation)
- Hypoallergenic is a plus
- Sturdy fastenable waist grips, so the diaper won’t come undone
- Snugfit that moves with baby’s tossing and turning body
- Come in a range of sizes to suit your growing baby
The best night diapers are:
Huggies Overnight Diapers
Huggies is a trusted brand with many families, so it is not surprising that their overnight range makes it into our top 6 picks, uninterrupting the baby sleep.
Available in:Size 3 (fit babies 16 to 28lbs) Size 4 (fits babies 22 to 37lbs) Size 5 (fit babies and toddlers over 27lbs) Size 6 (for children over 35lbs).
Designed to be absorbent all through the night while keeping your little one dry and comfortable. Huggies Overnights have a leak lock design to prevent wetness leaking out and help maintain healthy skin for your little one.
The handy snug fit waistband comes attached with tabs that hold on securely all night, and the cute images and designs on the diapers are a hit with parents and tots.
- Absorbent with 12 hours of leak protection
- Designed with a Leak Lock Design to prevent escaping wetness
- Available in a range of sizes to suit growing children
- Some parents have found a recent design of the Huggies Overnight to be cheaply made.
Goodnights Bedtime Pants for Boys and Girls
Many parents are finding these a great alternative to Huggies Overnights! Available inSmall/Medium (38-65 lbs) Large/Extra Large(60-125lbs)
the Goodnights bedtime pants are designed with a 5 layer protection that helps to prevent nighttime leakage.
The stretchy sides ensure the diaper fits well on most little one’s body shapes and sizes. Help your tot get a peaceful nights rest by trying out Goodnights Bedtime pants today.
- Available in girls and boys designs
- Designed to absorb odors
- Made with stretchy sides to fit children’s body perfectly
- Sizing is on the larger side
Pampers Underjams bedtime underwear for Boys and Girls
Pampers Underjams are for the older toddlers who are mostly toilet trained but need that extra support at night in case of accidents. Pampers Underjams are made to feel like underwear as they are made with a cloth-like material but with the bonus of the extra leak protection.
The special night lock technology on the Underjams absorb any overnight accidents so your little one can wake up feeling dry. Pampers Underjams are available in Small/Medium and Large/Extra Large sizes. These are go-to for many parents of older children and are worth a try if you want something just for overnight use.
- Leak Protection
- Available in designs for boys and girls
- Not too
- May not fit snug on slim children because of the low waistband
- Parents have noted that the ‘cloth-like’ material is not very soft and feels just like a normal diaper.
Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers
In our search, we found that Luvs Ultra Leakguard Diaper was one of the most popular diapers that help absorb wetness and keep baby dry all through the night. The reason why is because they have some pretty cool features such as the Nightlock plus that makes them ultra absorbent with larger tabs that are easy to fasten and unfasten, the leak guard core design to keep baby dry and allow their skin to breathe and the adorable fun designs on every diaper.
Available in a range of sizes from Newborn up to size 6 (over 36lbs). Luvs Ultra Leakguards are the best value as they are cheaper than other top branded diapers but work just as well. These are diapers that are worth checking out.
- Nightlock Plus – Ultra absorbent locks away wetness at night.
- Leakguard to prevent any unwanted leaks and nighttime wakings.
- Wide fastening area.
- Great value for money.
- Thinner than other leading diaper brands.
- May have to purchase a few different sizes to get the correct fitting ones.
Bambo Nature Maxi Baby Diaper
Bamboo Nature Diapers are a highly rated diaper that can be used during the day and also at night. These are eco-friendly diapers that are free from harsh chemicals and perfumes to help reduce the risk of allergies and diaper rash.
Designed to be super soft on baby’s sensitive skin and ultra absorbent which is why they are ideal for nighttime use. Available in size 0 (newborn) up to size 6 (40+ lbs). Many parents who use cloth nappies during the day find this is the perfect alternative at night to ensure their little ones stay dry and comfortable. If you are wanting something that is gentle on baby’s skin for overnight use, these are definitely worth looking into.
- Eco- friendly and free from harsh chemicals and perfumes.
- Lightweight diaper and breathable
- Designed to help reduce the risk of diaper rash.
- Parents have found them to be a square shape making them not fit snug against babies body.
Products at a glance:
|Huggies Overnight Diapers
|Goodnights Bedtime Pants for Boys and Girls
|Pampers Underjams bedtime underwear for Boys and Girls||Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers
|Bambo Nature Maxi Baby Diaper
|Absorbent night time diaper.
Keeps baby dry and comfortable at night.
12-hour leak protection.
Leak Lock to ensure wetness stays in a diaper.
Snugfit waistband and tabs for a secure fit.
Available in Size 3 (16-28lbs), Size 4 (22-37lbs) and Size 5(over 27lbs)
|5 Layers of protection.
Double leg barriers.
Stretchy sides to provide a better fit.
Available for boys and girls.
Ideal for older tots who still need nighttime protection.
Available in XS (28-45 lb.), S-M (38-65 lb.), L-XL (60-125+ lb).
|Designed like underwear to help skin breathe.
Made with a cloth-like material.
Nightlock technology to help absorb wetness.
Available in Small/Medium and Large/Extra Large.
|Nightlock plus locks away wetness even at nighttime.
Leakguard core to prevent leakages.
Soft on baby’s skin.
Wide fastening area.
Money back guarantees if not completely satisfied with the diaper.
Available in New Born to Size 6 (Over 35lbs).
Reduce risk of diaper rash and allergies.
Ultra absorbent for day and night use.
Soft of baby’s skin.
Available in Size 0 (newborn) through to Size 6 (40+lbs).
UnderJams vs GoodNites
As you can see above, our two top super absorbent options here are UnderJams and GoodNites, but which to choose?
Personally, we found the GoodNites to have more absorbing power when tested head-to-head with UnderJames. We estimated as much as 40% more absorbent!
Our Final Thoughts: Best Overnight Diapers
There are plenty of absorbent diapers available at a range of cost and quality. However, our search has discovered that not all diapers specific for nighttime use are the best and that daytime diapers can work just as well all through the night.
Key test: will your baby get a good night’s sleep and sleep the entire night without waking up due to being wet?
All diapers (including overnight cloth diapers) at some stage may leak which could be caused by not been the right size for the baby’s body, a large amount of wetness or simply just not fastened correctly. We recommend trialing a few brands until you find one that works best with your little one’s body.
Further Reading on Diapers and Swaddlers:
- 7th Generation Overnight Disposable Diapers Review [Overnight Baby Diapers]
- Pampers Swaddlers vs Baby Dry Diapers
- Pampers Swaddlers vs Pampers Cruisers Disposable Diapers
- Huggies Little Swimmers vs Pampers Splashers
- How Many Diapers Does a Baby Use in a Year?
- Best Non Toxic Biodegradable Disposable Diapers [Eco-friendly Diapers & Hypoallegenic]
- Best Reusable Cloth Diapers [Guide]
- Best Diaper Deals Online
- How to Find the Right Potty Training Underwear [Guide]