- Best Cyber Monday Baby Deals 2022: Strollers, Car Seats - November 29, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - November 7, 2022
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - October 12, 2022
Once you’ve made the decision to breastfeed rather than formula feed your baby, the next big step is figuring out how and when you will pump during the day in your mom’s life, especially if you work away from home or eventually will, you might want to check some pumping and nursing bra options.
Because some moms choose to exclusively breastfeed and steer clear of bottles altogether, some may not even be thinking of pumping into bottles to save for later, but whatever works for them may not be the best situation for other moms. This is why it’s essential to get to know the best hands-free pumping bras out there for easy pumping time.
Not only do they help in giving you another options to feed your baby other than relying strictly on the breast, but it also makes it easier to eventually leave your baby for short, and then longer, periods of time as needed. And getting a little time away is good for you both, as all parents know so well.
Being able to pump while at work or otherwise away from the comforts of home, without your baby nearby to feed, is very important, especially to avoid any buildup or pain and tenderness that could come if you don’t pump when you need to.
This is why a solid hands-free pumping bra is so important since you can not only wear the bra during the day in place of your usual bra, but the bra is designed so you can still get things done with your hands being free from holding bottles or tubes while pumping.
This is useful at home even, so you can tend to your infant or other child while pumping. Or, at the very least, have free hands to be able to enjoy some much-needed mindless phone time while getting in a quick and easy handsfree pumping session. Check here for the best hands free pumping bra style options, designed to make your life more easy with the perfect fit.
- 1 1. Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra
- 2 2. Vigoo Women’s Maternity Pumping Bra
- 3 3. Arshiner Womens Easy Simplicity Hands Free Breastpump Bra
- 4 4. Medela Easy Expression Pumping Bustier
- 5 5. PumpEase Hands Free Pumping Bra
- 6 Final Thoughts on Hands Free Pumping Bras
1. Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra
One of the best parts about the Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra, other than its comfort, is the fact that it’s compatible with a variety of major breast pump brands, including Medela, Philips Avent, Lansinoh, Bellema, Evenflo, and Spectra Baby.
But getting back to the comfort level of the hands-free pump bra, it comes in a variety of sizes and even as a, adjustable 10 inch Velcro back panel to ensure that you continue to have a comfortable fit as your breast size changes, which often happens throughout nursing, making it hard to find the perfect fit.
It can be worn strapless, with a standard pump strap, or with the straps crossed over your back in order to suit everyone’s needs and style. And being made from 83% soft cotton and 17% spandex, it will undoubtedly stretch to fit you comfortably.
When you aren’t pumping, though, the breast pump bra is still comfortable like a regular bra and provides plenty of coverage, as it has four overlapping layers of fabric in the form of breast shield and pump flange parts.
- Available Bra Size Options: The Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra comes in sizes extra small to large, designed with an additional large-plus option, and since the 10-inch band on the back allows for extra tightening, this includes in-between sizes as well.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon and in-store at Walmart of Motherhood Maternity.
- The Best Part: It’s compatible with a number of different brands, which means that if you go through different breast pumps, you can still use the hands-free pumping bra.
- The Not So Great: The Velcro tab is useful, but as with similar straps of this kind, there’s a chance that over time, it could lose its ability to properly stick together.
2. Vigoo Women’s Maternity Pumping Bra
The Vigoo Women’s Maternity Pumping Bra is made of a combination of cotton and spandex, so it has the comfort aspect covered, but it also looks so close to a standard bra that you don’t have to worry about wearing something unattractive underneath your clothes when you need to be wearing a useful pumping bra.
With no underwire, the bra is easy enough to take on and off, and it securely holds both the shields and bottles of two bottles at a time when you hook them up to the bra.
The fabric itself is super soft and breathable enough to be able to comfortably wear the pumping bra throughout the night and while at work or away from home, where you may need to breast pump hands-free. And even though it doesn’t have any underwire, the bra also acts as a push-up bra while being plenty useful for most breastfeeding moms.
- Available Sizes: The Vigoo Women’s Maternity Pumping Bra comes in medium, which fits 32D/34B/34C, large, which is for bra sizes 34D/36B/36C, extra large, which is best for 36D/38B/38C, and extra extra large, which is made to fit bra sizes of 38D/40B/40C.
- Where To Buy: At this time you can find the hands-free nursing bra on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It actually looks and feels comfortable enough to feel sexy while wearing it, as opposed to being uncomfortable or feeling bulky underneath your clothes.
- The Not So Great: Although it’s recommended that you size up, there isn’t a small size for the bra.
3. Arshiner Womens Easy Simplicity Hands Free Breastpump Bra
The design itself of the Arshiner Womens Easy Simplicity Hands Free Breastpump Bra is interesting, in that it has a central panel zipper that can be unzipped to open either or both sides of the bra as needed. But it also has four layers of soft fabric that not only prevent any accidental nip slips but also help to absorb any milk flow that leaks out throughout the day and before or after using the bra for hands-free pumping.
It’s made of 93% cotton and 7% spandex, so it’s stretchy enough to get the right fit, but also soft enough to be able to wear throughout the day as you would any other bra. To use it properly, you simply slip the suctioned into the slits in the front of the bra and allow the breast pump to do its work as you keep your hands free for anything else you may need to get done.
- Available Sizes: The Arshiner Womens Easy Simplicity Hands Free Breastpump Bra is available in sizes medium, which typically fits the U.S. sizes 8-10, large, which is suitable for U.S. size 12, and extra large, for U.S. size 16.
- Where To Buy: Currently, you can find the bra on Amazon only.
- The Best Part: The zipper in the front makes it easier to remove the suctions from the breast pump bottles.
- The Not So Great: For some women, the bra might be a little too snug, despite buying whatever you might think is the proper size.
4. Medela Easy Expression Pumping Bustier
Right off the bat, you might notice that the Medela Easy Expression Pumping Bustier is from a brand already associated with high-quality breast pumps.
Not only that, but it also does its best to live up to the Medela name, with its no-slip support and nylon and spandex blend that makes it feel like a second skin with its buttery softness, but still with enough support to feel secure as you use a double electric breast pump attached to it.
The bustier can be worn alone as it is or even over your usual bra or as your favorite nursing bra, but since it has a variety of sizes and a top hook to make zipping it up easier, you can just as easily wear the hands free pumping bra under your clothes, as you would your everyday bras.
- Available Sizes: The bra comes in sizes small-large.
- Where To Buy: You can find the bra on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon and in store at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: It’s made by and for the Medela brand, but you may also be able to fit other brands of breast pumps to the bra.
- The Not So Great: Since it’s strapless, the bra doesn’t offer as much support as some might need more than others.
5. PumpEase Hands Free Pumping Bra
Sometimes, pumping can feel awkward or keep you in one place and pose for an extended period of time and PumpEase gets that with their PumpEase Hands Free Pumping Bra.
Since it securely holds breast pump flanges in place, you can care for your little one, read, work on your laptop, or just play a game on your phone to have a minute to yourself as you pump without needing the use of your actual hands.
There are also a variety of fun prints to choose from in order to do away with the stiff feeling of wearing a pumping bra. The fabric itself is designed specifically for the stretching and sometimes leakiness that comes along with pumping, especially if you’re on the go.
It’s made of a high-performance technical fabric that has quick-dry capabilities and stretches to feel comfortable and not restricting. It’s also made to fit almost any size, which is hard to come by with some top-tier hands-free pumping bras.
- Available Sizes: The bra comes in sizes small to extra large, which can fit women with cup sizes from 32AA to 48H.
- Where To Buy: You can find the PumpEase Hands Free Pumping Bra on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon and in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: With the wide range of sizes and pump parts that the bra fits, you can be sure that the different size options will accommodate you as your body continues to change.
- The Not So Great: At times, especially when filling bottles, the bra may slip down, which will require your hands to hiking it back up.
Final Thoughts on Hands Free Pumping Bras
Like most accessories when it comes to caring for your infant, finding the perfect hands free pumping bra might require a little trial and error to find the one that works best for not only your milk supply but for you personally as well.
These are easily some of the top hands-free pumping bras that will hopefully make that decision that much easier for you, though the Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra is hard to ignore as one of the more top tier pumping bras that are both comfortable and versatile as getting the job done without involving your hands or taking up more time than is absolutely necessary to be able to pump and quickly as possible and get back to your daily life.
Admittedly, it may not be the sexiest bra out there, but when you’re looking for a bra that you can wear throughout the day to be able to quickly pump as needed, the comfort overrides any potential reservations about being without your favorite lace push-up bra.
And as any mom knows, sometimes comfort and practicality are far more important than what may be perceived as cute.
Further Reading on Breast Pumps:
- Best Hands Free Breast Pump Systems [Not Just the Bra!]
- Willow vs Elvie Hands Free Pumps Compared
- Willow vs Freemie Hands Free Pumps Compared
- Aeroflow Review
- Lasinoh Smart Pump Review
- Willow Breast Pump Review [Full Assessment]
- Elvie Breast Pump Review [Full Assessment]
- Best Double Electric Breast Pump Systems