Last Updated on
Baby monitors are beneficial for parents and caregivers for many reasons, not the least of which is being able to watch over your little one while they sleep without literally standing over their crib.
Taking it up a notch, however, is where video baby monitors like the TimeFlys Video Baby Monitorvs. the Babysense Video Baby Monitor both come in. Since they’re both designed to do the same thing overnight and even throughout the day if need be, it’s important to look at all aspects of what they do and what they offer.
Of course, the cost is going to be a deciding factor for many parents and caregivers, but there’s also the number of cameras you get with each monitor, whether or not you get clear night vision, the battery life, and the range of distance it gets.
Once upon a time, parents preferred to have a baby monitor on their bedside table at night and were satisfied with just that. But with the addition of video baby monitors has come the ability to be able to carry the receiver with you throughout the house to be able to watch over your baby. This even when you’re cooking dinner or, in some cases, doing yard work outside while your baby naps. Some baby monitors can also keep track of the temperature in your baby’s room and act as a two-way radio of sorts.
Yes, that means that with some video baby monitors, the Babysense and TimeFlys specifically, you can play music or even talk to your baby through the monitor and vice versa. There are plenty of things that go into the perfect video baby monitor, and in the same way, there are a lot of things to consider when choosing between two like the TimeFlys and Babysense Baby Monitors.
TimeFlys Video Baby Monitor
One of the things that set the Timeflys Video Baby Monitor apart from the rest is the fact that it comes with two different cameras. They can monitor two different rooms at once. This means that you can keep a close eye on your two children while they sleep in separate rooms or can even monitor your napping child while monitoring your little one playing in the living room while you make lunch in the kitchen. Or, you can sue both cameras in one room to get more than one angle on your baby or toddler.
The 3.5 inch LCD color screen can show you either one camera or both at once. It can even monitor the temperature of the room each camera is in, making an alarm if the temperature goes above or below the range of 60.8-86 degrees.
The cameras also have magnetic bases to be able to stick to any metal surface and be turned in the correct direction to where you want them pointed. It makes for easy positioning and even easier repositioning if needed. The receiver monitor pad can also control lullabies to play from one or both of the video monitors, and there’s also a zoom function to keep a close eye on your little one even when you’re not in the room.
- Long Range: The TimeFlys Video Baby Monitor has up to 820 feet of total range.
- Night Vision: It has a bright night vision to give you a clear, steady stream of your baby even when their bedroom is dark in the middle of the night.
- Battery Life: The battery life will give you up to eight hours of continuous use before needing to charge the batteries or plug it in.
- Price: On Amazon, the TimeFlys Video Baby Monitor is $130. Check out the latest price!
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the monitor on Amazon.
- With two cameras, you have the option right away to keep an eye on more than one room at once.
- You can use the receiving end of the monitor to listen to your baby, talk to him or her, or even both.
- The monitor will also help you make sure that the temperature in your baby’s room is comfortable and not harmful to your little one in any way, whether it’s too cold or too warm.
- If you have something metal to attach the monitor to, you won’t have to worry about finding a shelf of the right height or installing the cameras in walls.
- The night vision can get a little fuzzy or unclear at times.
- At times, you may lose connection and have to turn off the monitor and turn it back on to reset the connection.
- Since it’s only available for purchase on Amazon, you won’t be able to find the monitor in the store to see in person before you buy it.
“Clear picture and sound quality. I wasn’t sure about getting a video monitor, but it is useful as you don’t always need to go into their room as you can see what is happening. I don’t use the lullabies as our baby isn’t bothered by them! Battery life is good enough, so we have monitor not plugged in in the evening, but it’s plugged in overnight. Range is good too.” – Chandler on Amazon.
“This was a good price and had great reviews. The set up for this product is great. Easy to understand the directions and easy to use and set up. The picture and clarity on the screen are great.” – Arisa on Amazon.
“Love this!!! I bought this to watch over my elderly parents. My 94 yr old dad barely walks, but he can go to the toilet and bedroom by himself now, and mom can watch over him from anywhere in the house. They can talk to each other too!!! The night vision is excellent. What a relief!! This is an affordable answer for those at-home elderly parents.” – Holly E. on Amazon.
“Great for the price. Love the temp sensor built in… I like that the charging cable is micro USB because it is easily replaceable if the need arises. The battery lasts a long time…more than 10 hours in our case.” – Baplap on Amazon.
Babysense Video Baby Monitor
Like the TimeFlys, the Babysense Video Baby Monitor has temperature monitoring and has a two-way talk back feature.
It also shares a long-range capacity and the ability to play different lullabies to your baby through the monitor itself. But it has a smaller 2.4 inch LCD screen, even if it does have some significant features and qualities you may not be able to find in other video baby monitors under $100.
The Babysense Video Baby Monitor has a 2X zoom you can use during the daytime and a 1X zoom you can even use at night with the night vision setting on, enabling you to see your little one in the dark and up close, to some degree.
The camera itself can also spin around 360 degrees and tilt to get the perfect position to help you keep an eye on your child when you’re not in the same room as them. And while it comes with just one camera, it can be synced to up to three additional cameras at once, so you can place them in different rooms of your home to keep your mind at ease when you need to watch over more than one child at once.
- Long Range: The Babysense can reach up to 900 feet, giving you an extended range of space to have between you and your baby’s camera while still keeping tabs on them.
- Night Vision: The night vision function has an automatic infrared feature to help you keep a close eye on your baby or toddler during the night.
- Battery Life: In power saving mode, it will last up to 12 hours, and with the screen on, the battery will last you up to eight continuous hours.
- Price: On Amazon, the Babysense Video Baby Monitor is $75. Check out the latest price!
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the monitor on Amazon exclusively.
- At just $75, the monitor is well under $100, but you’ll still get a lot of the same qualities that you’d find with a more expensive video monitor.
- The setup is as comfortable as plugging it in, letting the monitor charge, and then turning it on.
- The night vision is as clear as you could hope for, giving you an easy view of your little one in the middle of the night.
- Not only can you place the easy to rotate the camera on a shelf, but if needed, you can also easily mount it on the wall in any given room.
- The camera has a short power cord, so if you do need to mount it or place it on a high shelf, you may need an extension cord.
- Although there is a battery saver mode, the standard method may still require that you charge or plug it in at least once per day.
- If you do mount the camera, it will be much more difficult to turn or rotate it.
“We love this baby monitor. Very good value. The video is quite clear and vivid. I love that it has night vision so you can still see the baby with the lights off. The small size is great for portability. And while it comes with a charger, we’re notorious for losing chargers so I was glad to see it takes a regular micro USB that you can find anywhere. Just in case we lose it!.” – Lori Ann Gould on Amazon.
“I own few monitors (one for each kid room), and when one of them broke, I bought this one. I must say it was a pleasant surprise to get such a great deal. Out of the 3 that I have previously bought this one was the less expensive one and it works great!!! I hang it above my baby’s crib which is on the second floor, and it gives me peace of mind. Don’t spend hundreds just get this one.” – Limor Alkobi on Amazon.
“This baby monitor is excellent. The screen size is large enough to see your baby but not so large that it’s clunky, it picks up sound well, has excellent range in our 2000 sq ft home, and it has an eco mode, which allows the monitor to “sleep” when the baby is quiet.” – Marie M. on Amazon.
“We really, really love this monitor. It is reliable, charges well with no issue (after 3 months), and has some really great features. One of our favorites is the eco mode, where it will only show the video feed and play the audio from the baby room when there is a noise. Perfect for nighttime, when you might not want the bright screen on or to hear baby’s sound machine.” – Jessica Bowman on Amazon.
You should not see the baby monitor as the only way of monitoring your baby… However, they can be a substitute for keeping an eye on your little one when you are in another room or while they’re sleeping. It is undoubtedly a convenient accessory that is always worth the investment, mainly as most parents and caregivers will use it for years.
In this case, when looking at the TimeFlys Video Baby Monitor vs. the Babysense Video Baby Monitor, the more reliable and logical choice is going to be the Babysense. It may only come with one video camera, but you also get night vision, two-way audio, and the same battery life that you’ll get with the TimeFlys anyway. Thanks to its affordable price, along with the many features, you’ll get more than your money’s worth with the Babysense Video Baby Monitor.
Again, a video baby monitor is no substitute for keeping a close eye on your baby or toddler yourself. However, in most situations, it’s plenty convenient. If you have the chance to choose between an audio or video baby monitor, it’s more than worth it to go with a video monitor, or in this case, the Babysense specifically. There’s nothing like the peace of mind that such a device offers, whether you have a baby or toddler.
- A Guide to Best Baby Dopplers For Home Use
- Nanit Smart Baby Monitor Review: Will This Work for You?
- Nanit Smart Baby Monitor vs. Nest Camera
- Owlet vs Snuza: Which Smart Baby Monitor is Best?