But when you look a little deeper into each stroller features, like storage space, tires or weight capacity, you’ll see some fundamental differences that set them apart from one another, making one of them, better for your jog time. But, this Thule Urban Glide vs Bob Revolution Flex buyer’s guide review, is all about that!
Though they are so similar in design and conveniences, it’s important to look at both options from every angle possible. If you simply want a good jogging stroller that will last you and your baby years, then either choice is likely going to give that to you.
Once you figure out your other deal breakers, that’s when it’s easier to make a more informed decision regarding choosing one expedition jogger over the other.
If an easy to fold design is crucial to you as a parent while you jog, then either stroller will probably do.
Then again, if you’re looking for a convenient and easy to locate handbrake, then the Thule is likely going to be a stronger option for you. On the other hand, if you need an over-sized canopy that can give your child a lot more coverage from the sun when he is in the seat, then the BOB 2016 Revolution is going to be a stronger option for your jog adventures.
Overall, both strollers offer some great conveniences and qualities that most parents would be grateful to have. Since it’s a matter of figuring out which one is best and best for your family (both your infant and you as a parent), it’s important to look at both the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller and the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX individually.
Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller
The Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller is an all-terrain jogger meant to keep your little one safe and comfortable for a smooth ride, regardless of where you’re walking or jogging.
Thanks to its lightweight frame it has great maneuverability. It’s easy to move and maneuver the stroller, even with the 16 inch air-filled rear tires and all the weight.
When it comes to the front wheel, is adjustable: you can choose to lock it into place or keep it in the swivel position, but either way, the jogger provides a smooth and comfortable ride for your baby or toddler during your jog time.
The seat can be reclined with just one hand, and there is a multi-position canopy that even has side vents for better airflow while using it for your child, keeping him fresh and protected in his seat.
When you’re done with the stroller for the day or need to pack it away in your car, it can be folded down to a nearly flat shape when it comes to carrying and transporting it, which is a great advantage if you have a small car storage space.
It might not have a whole parent console, but when the stroller is in use, you can stop it by using the easy twist brake in the middle of the handlebar. This, in particular, sets the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller apart from the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX, since it makes for an easy to use the brake in the event that you need to suddenly stop the stroller, whether you’re going up or downhill with your infant in the expedition jogger.
And with the stroller’s adjustable suspension system, you can be sure that your child is getting a smooth and comfortable ride each time and that you, too, are experiencing a smooth ride as you push the stroller.
- Child Weight Limit: The stroller has a maximum weight capacity of 75 lbs
- Brakes: The Thule’s brakes are conveniently located around the handlebar.
- Comfort Features: It has a multi-position canopy, a reclining seat, and suspension that absorbs any rough bumps along the way.
- Price: On Amazon, the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller is $510. Check out the latest price!
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
Has This Item Been Recalled
There are no current or recent recalls for this stroller.
- The handbrake is easy to use and easy to access at any time, even while jogging or walking very quickly.
- The Thule’s suspension system absorbs the feel of bumps in the sidewalk and any other sudden movements.
- When folded up, it can fit perfectly in most trunks, since it folds up so compact.
- It’s so easy to push, regardless of its size.
- The most upright position of the seat still has a slight recline to it.
- Since it’s a relatively longer stroller, it can be a little challenging to move through large crowds with it.
- The wheels in the back of the stroller are a little broader set apart than that of other similar strollers.
- You can’t remove the seat fabric for cleaning, so you’ll have to rely on spot cleaning any messes or stains.
“I really love this stroller and highly recommend it! It is very easy to run and walk with. It glides!! So easy to steer. It’s great on grass, hills, and on the beach in sand! Couldn’t be happier! Storage compartment space is covered and waterproof. It doesn’t fit my big diaper bag but I take out what I need and basically keep it there always and it works perfectly.” – Manuel W. Vetti III on Amazon.
“I am absolutely in love with my Thule! The all-black frame is to die for. I love it. It’s sooo smooth and folds soooo easy. 100% recommend this stroller. I even convinced my sister to buy one for her little one.” – Ashley Robinson on Amazon.
“I love every feature of this stroller. Large sun shield. Unbelievably easy setup (kept reading the manual thinking I missed something. Every component you need to adjust is a vibrant blue, so it’s easy to spot. Easy to use twist handbrake. Great push. Simple one-handed fold, and you can stand upright when folded if the handlebar is in the right spot.” – Kathleen M. on Amazon.
“It’s amazing. Could not be more pleased. Can push it with one finger. Great for bumpy terrain it trails, beach, etc. Super lightweight, folds up very easily and the back wheels come off with the push of a button so that it can last flat!” – Bennett on Amazon.
BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller
The BOB Revolution Pro Flex Jogging Stroller looks almost identical to the Thule Urban Glide 2.0, but it also has an extra large storage basket underneath and a no re-thread harness.
Both of those aspects may not be the be-all/end-all when it comes to choosing this stroller over the other one (even tho a storage basket is great) but they do add to the conveniences that the BOB offers.
And like the Thule, your child can use this particular stroller until they’ve reached 75 lbs. This means that you can get years of use out of it, and that’s a sought-after quality, especially when you’re spending a decent amount of money on a jogger.
But the BOB offers more than simply longevity. With just one hand, you can collapse it down to a flat position for easy storing and transportation. And the handlebar can be adjusted to nine different positions to perfectly accommodate whoever is pushing the stroller at any given time.
The canopy is over-sized and can be adjusted to come down in the front to keep your child comfortable and out of the sun during those longer jogs or walks. Plus, the suspension system is designed to hold your child’s weight at different stages and absorb any bumps you might encounter to ensure as smooth of a ride as possible at all times.
- Child Weight Limit: The stroller can be used for children up to 75 lbs
- Brakes: Unlike the Thule, the BOB has a foot brake that you engage to stop the stroller.
- Comfort Features: With just one hand, you can adjust the recline position of the seat, which is also made with extra padding and ventilation for more breathability and airflow.
- Price: On Amazon, the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX is $450. Check out the latest price!
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on Amazon or in-store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
Has This Item Been Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls for this particular stroller from the BOB brand.
- Along with the additional storage pockets, the storage basket provides ample room for nearly everything you might need for your child.
- The actual width of the stroller is slim enough to fit through most doorways with ease.
- It offers such a smooth ride that some parents can even push the stroller with just one hand.
- The adjustable handlebar means that you and your partner can both use the stroller with ease and comfort.
- Although the stroller is relatively slim, it is on the heavier side.
- When using it with an attached infant car seat, the sun shade canopy can’t be fully opened.
- It may take up too much room when folded down and stored in the trunk of a standard sedan car.
“The BOB was well worth the investment. It handles so smoothly. You can steer it with one hand while doing something with the other. My baby takes his last nap of the day in it and doesn’t wake up if I go over curbs or rocks. The shade comes down so far. The sun never gets in babies eyes which is something I always fought in my other stroller. Nice storage underneath.” – Mac McKnight on Amazon.
“The best stroller I ever got my hands on! All the positive reviews are correct – this stroller is gliding, almost pushing itself! Such a smooth ride for my baby! I am still using car seat (with the adapter purchased separately) because my baby is still small (4.5 months). The smoothness of the ride is unbelievable. Maneuverability is amazing. Truly an all-terrain stroller.” – Martina Z. on Amazon.
“We purchased this stroller and quickly fell in love. It’s well made, feels sturdy, and has great shock absorption, so you don’t feel like the baby is getting tossed around. We have used this both with the car seat adapter and without. Our little guy loves it. The huge canopy, adjustable handlebar, and optional accessories are great.” – Sarah S. on Amazon.
“We received this stroller today — and all I have to say is amazing! It was SUPER easy to put together unlike any other strollers I have owned it was like 3 clicks of the wheels it was done. This stroller is also great for my three-year-old and it will last her I’m thinking well into five years while we are doing our morning walks/runs. It is the most sturdy jogging stroller I have owned and by far takes up the least amount of room than any other stroller in my car— and is clearly bigger than my other jogging strollers! Great space saver!” – Kristen J. Slusser on Amazon.
They have similar qualities, similar convenient aspect, and even their prices aren’t too far off from each other. But it would seem that the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller is the stronger option of the two. With a jogging stroller, you need an easy to access and operate brake, and the Thule has that with its twist handlebar brake in plain sight. It also has a zippered storage basket underneath and seems to glide over all sorts of terrain with ease. Yes, the BOB Revolution also moves like butter and has many rave reviews because of its smooth ride, but the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 is likely going to be the more solid choice in this instance.
They’re also made with your child’s comfort in mind, which is, of course, one of the more important things here. As far as safety is concerned, each stroller is also designed to provide your baby or toddler with a safe environment during each ride.
There are indeed enough similarities to make choosing between the two strollers a bit difficult, but at the end of the day, there is a difference that likely makes the choice that much easier.