- Best Cyber Monday Baby Deals 2022: Strollers, Car Seats - November 29, 2022
- Huggies Snug and Dry vs Little Snugglers: Which Diaper is Best? - November 7, 2022
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles : Which is Better? - October 12, 2022
The Lillebaby Complete Airflow baby carrier might be the only carrier you’ll ever need, solely because you can use it with not only babies and toddlers, but also infants, and in a number of positions for your baby’s safety and overall comfort.
You can wear the carrier with your baby on your hip, front, back, facing in, facing out, and in the fetal carrying position for infants. There is no shortage of carrying positions when it comes to the ergonomic baby carrier and it’s also designed to be comfortable for you.
The wide waistband provides plenty of lumbar support, while the straps are totally adjustable to comfortably fit adults of varying heights and sizes.
One of the most important aspects of the Lillebaby Complete Airflow Carrier is the way it fits your baby’s hips and legs in the comfortable and safe “M” position, which is the recommended position to promote proper hip development in both babies and toddlers.
The carrier also grows with your family, as you can use it with your infant and eventually, your toddler as well since the weight limit is 45 pounds. With your baby’s weight evenly distributed without any added stress on your back or shoulders, it’s almost impossible not to find comfort for the wearer and the child with the Lillebaby Complete Airflow baby carrier.
- The carrier has six different positions for different stages, but also for whatever suits your baby or toddler.
- There are also two zippered pockets to hold a phone, keys, wallet, or extra pacifier or two.
- With the added lumbar support, the Lillebaby Complete Airflow was clearly made with caregivers and parents in mind too.
- The 3D breathable mesh fabric allows for lots of airflows in order to keep your baby or toddler cool while in the carrier.
- It’s also machine washable, which will no doubt come in handy in case of any unexpected baby messes.
- The Lillebaby Complete Airflow baby carrier can be used from 7-45 pounds, so it could be the only one you’ll need for your little one.
- The ergonomic position makes it possible for some babies or toddlers to even fall asleep while being carried in it.
- It has an extendable torso to support your baby as he or she grows.
- With the many different patterns, the Lillebaby Complete Airflow is also fairly fashionable as far as baby carriers go.
- The carrier might be a little pricey for some parents.
- Some more petite parents might find it difficult to properly tighten and adjust the carrier on them.
- Getting the carrier on by yourself can be a challenge at times.
Safe for baby’s hips and acknowledged as a HIP HEALTHY carrier by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
How Others Compare
The Ergobaby carrier is also designed with a thick strap for lumbar support and can be used in a number of positions, including front, back, and hip carrying positions. With the newborn insert for babies who are 0-4 months of age or 7-12 pounds, you can easily use the Ergobaby right from the start, without any need for an additional carrier.
This is especially true because all of the straps and buckles and completely adjustable, meaning that you can easily switch on and off with your partner. The carrier is already designed to be ergonomically comfortable for your little one, but your comfort is important too and it shows.
- The lumbar support takes the weight off of your shoulders and back while wearing your baby or toddler.
- Washing the carrier in the washing machine is a breeze in most cases.
- There’s also a sleeping hood that can be snapped into place while your little one is sleeping against you.
- The pocket is big enough to hold a spare diaper and wipes as well as your cell phone and keys if need be.
- The fabric of the Ergobaby might feel a little thicker to some, so wearing your baby in the summer heat might get to be too much.
- Although the waist is adjustable, it may not fit everyone as comfortably as it should.
- The straps might feel bulky to some.
Baby Tula Ergonomic Free-to-Grow
In some ways, choosing an ergonomic baby carrier is really the only way to go, and Baby Tula sees that with the Baby Tula Ergonomic Free-to-Grow baby carrier. Beginning at a weight limit of seven pounds, the carrier can be adjusted to fit your growing baby or toddler and comfortably fit them up to 45 pounds.
Both the front abc back carrying positions are helpful for that ergonomic seating position for your little one and promote healthy hip and spine development for your little one.
But there’s also extra leg padding to avoid the way some carriers sometimes pinch baby’s legs, as well as a thick waistband for extra support as you wear your baby or toddler.
- You can adjust the carrier as your baby grows and there’s no need for any infant insert.
- The carrier is made from a breathable 100% OEKO-TEX Standard 100 fabric.
- The padded shoulder straps of the Baby Tula Ergonomic Free-to-Grow carrier can be easily adjusted to suit whoever is wearing it, while also providing comfort.
- There are both front and back carrying position that provides ergonomic support to your baby or toddler.
- Even without a baby in the carrier, adjusting the straps can be difficult for some.
- The canvas type of material is good for airflow, but not for potentially rubbing against your child’s legs.
- At $159, the Baby Tula is on the higher end of baby carrier costs.
All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier
From Lumiere Baby, the All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier is designed to keep your baby cool in any of the six positions, thanks to the cool mesh material and lightweight fabric it’s made of.
The positions, which always seat your baby in the healthy and ergonomic “M” position, include front-facing newborn, front-facing infant, facing out, front-facing toddler, hip, and back. The crossable straps are padded for your comfort, while the thick waistband provides lumbar support as you wear your baby or toddler.
And as your baby grows into toddlerhood, having that extra support to keep the weight off your shoulders and back will certainly come in handy.
- With all that it offers, the carrier is very affordable at just $90.
- There are secure snaps in place for the sunshade as well as the mesh pull-down on the carrier.
- Securing the carrier for yourself is made much easier by the easy to reach buckle on your back that also helps to take added pressure off your lower back.
- The mesh material works to keep your baby cool while being worn in the All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier against your body.
- For more petite caregivers, the carrier might be relatively bulky as a front carrier.
- The snaps and clips throughout the carrier can be confusing for some.
- The overall comfort will vary from person to person as they wear the All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier.
Beco 8 Baby Carrier
The Beco 8 Baby Carrier is another one where the focus is not only on your baby’s comfort and overalls safety, but also much-needed lumbar support. For use with babies and toddlers from 7-45 pounds, the carrier has multiple carrying positions, which includes a backpack, hip carrying, forward-facing, and front-facing.
There’s also the infant insert to be used for babies from 7-10 pounds, which can then be removed to continue to fit your baby in the carrier comfortably. Because it’s meant for all seasons, as opposed to just the spring or summer, the mesh panel can be zipped off and stored in a special pocket on the waistband.
- The added padding is convenient for keeping your baby’s arms and legs free from accidentally getting clipped while buckling the carrier.
- Unlike some other carriers, the straps on the Beco 8 Baby Carrier are padded enough without being too bulky.
- The large storage pocket is easily accessible and can hold your phone and keys comfortably.
- On someone very petite, fitting the carrier on your body might be more of a challenge.
- The straps can be difficult to pull on to adjust properly.
- The hood can only be used if the headrest is also up.
The Beco 8 has everything you need to customize your babywearing experience with none of the extraneous bits and bobs. With the 8 you have the option to carry your child on the front, back or hip.
Investing in the right baby carrier might seem like an almost frivolous thing, but when looking at a carrier like the Lillebaby Complete Airflow, it’s hard to deny what comes to the table along with it. If you’re worried about having a carrier that’s virtually useless once your baby starts growing out of the infant stage, the Lillebaby still works for you.
And if you have concerns about the safety of your back and shoulders, the lumbar support is in place to bring you that added comfort level.
The price tag might seem extravagant to some parents, you’re getting your money’s worth and then some. Not every baby carrier works for every family, but with the Lillebaby Complete Airflow, there’s little room for error.