Last Updated on
Graco is easily one of the most recognizable brands for car seats for children of all ages. If it’s an infant car seat, convertible, or even booster seat option you need, then Graco seems to have something for you. A lot of families tend to look for car seats that are all in one and act as the only car seat they’ll ever need. Yes, Graco has some of those. But, the best Graco Infant Car Seats come in all forms, regardless of your needs.
On any list of top car seats for infants or toddlers, you’re bound to find at least one Graco car seat as an option. Not only are Graco car seats affordable in most cases, but they also offer premium comfort and safety overall. That’s to be expected with any car seat. Even more expensive ones can sometimes fall flat where it counts. If you go with any one of the best Graco car seats, however, you’re likely to find one that meets or exceeds all safety standards and keeps your little one comfortable.
- 1 1. Graco 4Ever 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 2 2. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
- 3 3. Graco SlimFit 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 4 4. Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 5 5. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 6 6. Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 Infant Car Seat
- 7 Final Thoughts
1. Graco 4Ever 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
As the name sort of suggests, the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat could be the car seat you’ll use with your little one forever. Or, until you no longer need one, that is. There are multiple layers of removable cushion for your child’s safety and comfort. It also has a 10 position headrest for your child as they grow. It has the Graco Simply Safe Adjust Harness System that’s easy to use. The car seat can go from rear to forward facing. And, with a six position recline, you can be sure that your little one is in the right position. It has been side-impact tested to ensure safety in the event of a crash. It even has a steel-reinforced frame for added stability.
- Child Age Range: In rear-facing, the car seat is for babies from 4-40 pounds. And, in forward-facing, it’s for children from 22-65 pounds. Then, you can use it as a high back belt-positioning seat from 30-100 pounds and a backless belt-positioning car seat from 40-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Because the headrest adds so much height, your child’s head and neck can be supported before they need to transition to the next stage of the car seat.
- The Not So Great: Over time, the harness can gradually loosen up a bit.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on this Graco car seat.
2. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
The Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat might not be the only car seat you’ll ever need, but it will give your child years of use, and it’s one car seat that will keep them in a rear-facing position longer than others. Since the rear-facing position is the safest one for babies, this is a huge plus. It also has a six position recline and 10 position headrest for your child as they grow. But more than that, there’s a four position extension panel that can be pulled out to add up to five more inches of leg room.
The Graco Extend2Fit Car Seat has the InRight LATCH system. It allows for simple installation as well as a level indicator to ensure you get the safest install in a rear or forward-facing each time. For your child’s convenience, the car seat has two built-in cup holders. They are especially useful as they don’t jut out on either side and take up additional room in your back seat.
- Child Age Range: It can be used as a rear-facing car seat from 4-50 pounds and forward-facing from 22-65 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: The extendable footrest adds to your child’s comfort and enables them to comfortably and safely remain in the rear-facing position a little longer.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult for some parents to adjust and tighten the harness.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There was a 2016 recall on the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat.
3. Graco SlimFit 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
No, it’s not a 4-in-1, but theGraco SlimFit 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is just as useful for a family with a growing baby or toddler. It can be used as a rear-facing car seat, a forward-facing one, and eventually, a belt-positioning booster. It’s also slimmer than a lot of other similar convertible car seats, so you can potentially fit three across your back seat. It has four recline positions as well, but the safety is truly where it shines. It has a steel-reinforced frame and has been side-impact tested for your child’s safety. This car seat was also made with energy-absorbing foam built in. Until your child is ready for a stand-alone booster car seat, this can very well be the only one you’ll need.
- Child Age Range: It’s a rear-facing seat from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing from 22-65, and a belt-positioning booster from 30-100 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The Best Part: It’s so slim that even in smaller cars, it should be easier to fit the car seat in the back seat.
- The Not So Great: It can be difficult to install the car seat with a seat belt.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Graco SlimFit 3-in-1.
4. Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat
The Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat is another one that’s easy to use and easy to install thanks to its Simply Safe Adjust Harness System and In Right LATCH system. It’s also been side-impact tested to meet or exceed all U.S. safety standards for car seats. Since it’s meant to accommodate your child as they grow, it has removable inserts that can keep your baby cushioned and comfortable until they no longer need them.
The fabric is otherwise soft and breathable. You won’t have to worry about your little one getting too hot too quickly while on long car rides. As your child grows, you can move up the eight position headrest to keep their head and neck supported. You can even transition from rear to forward-facing with ease.
- Child Age Range: It’s meant for babies in the rear-facing position from 4-40 pounds and 22-65 pounds for forward-facing.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s a good size for a smaller car and doesn’t forfeit comfort or safety for being more compact.
- The Not So Great: The bottom buckle might sometimes pinch your child’s legs.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There was a 2017 recall on the Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat.
5. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
The Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat is designed for children from 5-65 pounds, so your child will definitely get ample use out of it, even if you’ll eventually need to transition to another one. It does have LATCH installation capability, but you can use your car’s seat belt to get the car seat installed if you prefer. It also has a one-handed eight position headrest to accommodate your growing infant or toddler and keep them supported at all times. To make buckling your child and securing them in the seat easy, there’s a five-point harness that can be adjusted at the front of the car seat. And the head and body support cushions can be removed as your child grows.
- Child Age Range: The car seat is for infants from 5-40 pounds in rear-facing and 22-65 pounds in forward-facing.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby and Target.
- The Best Part: You can fit three of these car seats across the back seat of virtually any car.
- The Not So Great: Unlike some other Graco car seats, there is no recline option.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat.
6. Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 Infant Car Seat
Unlike the other Graco car seats on this list, the Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 Infant Car Seat is one that doesn’t grow with your infant. Instead, it’s one that you can only use in the rear-facing position with your baby rather than your toddler. But it also means that there’s a carrying handle so you can easily click the car seat in and out of its base as needed. And since it is a rear-facing only car seat, there’s a level indicator to help you get a perfect position every time. It’s been crash tested to meet all U.S. standards of car seat safety. There’s even an anti-rebound bar at the foot of the car seat for added safety for your little one.
- Child Age Range: It’s made for children from 4-35 pounds in the rear-facing position only.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The extra padding makes it easy to comfortably and safely fit your newborn in this car seat.
- The Not So Great: It is heavy. This can be a downer since this is also a car seat that you can carry by its handle.
- Price: On Amazon, the Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 Infant Car Seat is $175. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 Infant Car Seat.
Whether you need a car seat for your newborn, older baby, or toddler, Graco has something that will work. There’s no wrong Graco car seat, as long as it’s made to fit your child safely. There is clearly a lot to choose from. Even if the car seats on this particular list don’t list all of the Graco car seats available overall, you can be assured that Graco car seats, in general, will be what you need for your little one.
- The Full Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat Review You’ll Love
- The Graco Extend2Fit Review: All You Need to Know
- Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat Review: Safety as They Grow