The beauty of buying and owning the best nursery glider you can find is that even after your baby has grown out of the need to be rocked or lulled to sleep, it’s still a handy piece of furniture. If you decided to go with one of these top 7 best nursery gliders there are out there you’ll be left with an excellent-looking piece of furniture as well.
Just because you’re decorating your baby’s bedroom, it doesn’t mean that you can’t use some neutral colors here and there and give the nursery furniture that you won’t feel silly using again after it’s no longer needed for your baby specifically. In this case, that would be a glider or rocking chair.
One of the most important things to look for in a good glider is its comfort level. Can you relax in it for extended periods of time and position your body in a way that allows you to cradle your newborn while also being able to rest your arms?
Does the cushion itself feel fluffy and full enough to withstand months or even years of use without eventually getting smaller until it’s just a thin cushion pad for a seat? And finally, the price is, of course, a huge deal. There’s little chance that you’ll find a solid brand new glider for under $100, but again, this is a useful piece of furniture that you’ll be able to incorporate into your life and home even after you no longer need it to rock your baby to sleep.
Jump to a specific section
- 1. DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider
- 2. Windsor Glider
- 3. Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
- 4. Babyletto Toco Swivel Glider
- 5. Delta Furniture Emerson Upholstered Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
- 6. Barton Upholstered Nursery Glider Rocking Chair
- 7. Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Gliding Rocker Recliner
1. DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider
When you consider a big comfy glider, the DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider is easily one that springs to mind. Not only is it a glider, but it also swivels around so you can grab your baby’s bottle or blanket once you’ve gotten them to sleep in your arms, but without needing to get up and go across the room to get them.
The back of the chair is high enough to provide support for your back, and there’s an additional pillow for added lumbar support, which is especially useful if you’re stuck sitting in the chair for an extended period.
In case of any accidental messes, you can wipe and spot clean the 100% polyester fabric that’s also free from flame retardant chemicals. Although the chair easily rotates a full 360 degrees, the glide itself is gentle enough for your newborn to feel comforted rather than scared of the movement and at the end of the day, that’s the whole point.
- Foot Rest: The glider comes with a matching cushioned ottoman.
- Where To Buy: You can find the glider on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s wide and tall enough to fit most parents and caregivers of varying sizes comfortably.
- The Not So Great: The fabric on the chair might attract lint and fade easier than the fabric of other chairs.
2. Windsor Glider
When you think of a nursery glider, the Windsor Glider is likely what you see as the standard or normal style of nursery glider or rocker.
That doesn’t mean that larger chairs or recliners aren’t also the norm these days, but the Windsor is designed in a style that can go with pretty much any nursery while looking every bit the part. The padding on the seat, back, and arms of the glider are all easily removable for spot cleaning, though you cannot machine wash them to get them clean.
For your convenience, there are also pockets in the fabric on either side of the padded arms that can hold extra diapers, burp cloths, pacifiers, or anything else you might need while rocking your baby in the middle of the night. While the chair does not rotate as some others might, it does glide smoothly back and forth for your comfort as well as your baby’s.
- Foot Rest: The glider comes with a matching footstool that also glides in the same way that the chair itself does.
- Where To Buy: Right now, this Windsor Glider can be found on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The footstool also glides along with the chair for optimum comfort.
- The Not So Great: After several months of use, the springs may not be as strong as when the chair is new and might even start losing their bounce.
3. Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
Baby Relax has a number of different nursery rockers and gliders, and the Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner is one of the best ones out there.
You can find the position that works the best for you, as there are three different reclining positions. The chair also swivels around and glides at the same time, so there’s no way you won’t be able to find the right move to soothe your infant to sleep in the middle of the night or even in the middle of the afternoon.
The gliding recliner comes in four different neutral shades to match most nurseries and even most homes since the chair is free from any bright colors or prints of characters. The back of the chair, which reclines back for your comfort is extra padded for more comfort.
- Foot Rest: There’s no additional footrest, but since the chair is a recliner, the built-in footrest can come out when needed.
- Where To Buy: You can find the swivel glider on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Toys ‘R Us.
- The Best Part: With multiple recline positions, it’s easy to find the right position to get comfortable in the chair.
- The Not So Great: If you’re on the shorter side, it may be difficult to reach the floor if you’re sitting all the way back in the glider.
4. Babyletto Toco Swivel Glider
Upholstered and even constructed by hand, the Babyletto Toco Swivel Glider is a sturdy and trusted option for your baby’s nursery that can then be used in your living room or any other living space of your home.
It also glides gently while being able to swivel around 360 degrees for your convenience. The glider has a contemporary wingback design that goes with pretty much anything and will add sleek charm to your home or your baby’s nursery.
While it may be a little more costly than some other gliders of the same style, the Babyletto Toco does add comfort and even added lumbar support with the pillow that comes with it. Your baby’s comfort is very important of course, but this particular glider also puts some importance on yours.
- Foot Rest: The glider comes with a matching cushioned ottoman with four legs.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Kohl’s.
- The Best Part: With the footrest and added lumbar support, expectant moms will be able to find comfort with the chair even before their baby arrives.
- The Not So Great: When the glider makes a rocking motion, there is a distinct sound that may be a little bothersome after a while.
5. Delta Furniture Emerson Upholstered Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
Right away, the Delta Furniture Emerson Upholstered Glider Swivel Rocker Chair already looks like a piece of furniture you’d find in your house without even having a baby present. But thanks to his tufted back cushion and obvious all around comfort, it makes for a pretty good nursery glider.
Instead of simply being a swivel or glider chair, this particular one does both to help relax your baby at any given time.
The glider boasts a quiet, gentle glide that makes little to no noise when in use and can rotate all the way around for added convenience. The fabric cannot be removed for cleaning, but the arms are padded for your comfort, and the seat and back cushions are both full and soft.
- Foot Rest: This particular glider does not come with a reclining footrest or ottoman.
- Where To Buy: You can find the glider on Amazon or in-store at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: It doesn’t take much to help the chair glide back and forth.
- The Not So Great: Without a footrest, it can be hard to get as comfortable as possible in the glider really.
6. Barton Upholstered Nursery Glider Rocking Chair
While gliders are more common when it comes to nurseries these days, the Barton Upholstered Nursery Glider Rocking Chair is a more conventional rocking chair style.
The entire chair is upholstered in a soft polyester fabric that comes in multiple pieces you put together yourself in order to assemble the chair correctly. While that may not be ideal for some parents or caregivers, the chair overall is comfortable and has spring coils in order to keep the seat from eventually deflating.
Although it’s called a glider rocking chair, the Barton has a bottom reminiscent of an actual rocking chair, which is a throwback but also allows you to gently rock your baby to sleep in your arms while sitting in the chair. And in some cases, you may be able to control the speed better when it’s a rocking chair rather than a glider.
- Foot Rest: It comes with a matching upholstered ottoman with wooden legs.
- Where To Buy: Right now, you can find the glider rocking chair on Amazon.
- The Best Part: The chair is elegant looking in every aspect.
- The Not So Great: Even though the chair has a seat cushion and back cushion, it may feel a little stiff or firm for some.
7. Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Gliding Rocker Recliner
The Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Gliding Rocker Recliner is more than just a nursery glider, as it’s made to be as comfortable as you need for sitting on it for longer periods of time while also being a recliner. The seat is a combination of foam and springs to provide the longest and most comfortable seating for you, while the overall fabric is a soft microfiber.
The chair is both a glider and a rocker and can swivel while reclining to 135 degrees. Of course, you won’t necessarily use the reclining position every time you need to feed or rock your baby to sleep, but it’s certainly handy when you just want to relax yourself or want to be in a more relaxed position with your infant.
- Foot Rest: It doesn’t come with an ottoman or separate footrest, but the glider does have a footrest that comes out, as it’s also a recliner.
- Where To Buy: At this time, you can primarily find the glider recliner on Amazon.
- The Best Part: You can switch to the reclining position easily and quickly, but softly enough to do so with your baby in your arms at the same time.
- The Not So Great: Pushing the footrest back down into place can be difficult to do at first.
Other baby products can help you soothe your baby, like pacifiers or baby bouncers and loungers, but nothing beats the feeling of being held by a parent or caregiver while being gently rocked to sleep. When choosing the best nursery glider for your own family, it may be a little daunting at first, but it’s important to remember the benefits of picking the right one to be as comfortable and soothing as possible.
Of course, it’s not in everyone’s budget to purchase a $300 glider, but even if that’s the case, there are still plenty that gets the job done and also come with ottomans and are less than $200.
And again, you’ll still be able to get used out of your glider long after your baby no longer needs to you to lull them to sleep with it. So consider it an investment in a useful piece of furniture for your home that just so happens to be the magic antidote to getting a fussy baby to sleep promptly.