Whether you have twins or a baby and toddler close enough in age and size to need a double stroller, chances are, one will come in handy more than a handful of times. When comparing the Joovy Scooter X2 vs. the ZOE XL2 BEST v2 strollers, there’s a lot to think about. With the Joovy, you have a spacious stroller that’s comfortable enough to fit both of your children with ease but can also fit through most doorways, which is a big plus with double strollers. And then with the ZOE, you have a double stroller that can pop up and be folded back down easily and with just one hand. And again, that’s another big plus, since some double strollers can be bulkier and therefore difficult to fold closed and open.
How to choose the right double stroller for you.
When choosing the right double stroller for you and your little ones, you’ve got to consider the weight limit and how long you’ll be able to utilize it for both children, as well as the actual weight of the stroller and storage compartments. With two children, that means double the snacks and double the extra diapers or sippy cups, so naturally, you’re going to need more storage space within the stroller. And since you’ll have to sometimes carry it around with you or at least pull it out of your trunk, you’re going to want one that’s easy to manage even without your children in it. Being able to compare the Joovy Scooter X2 vs. the ZOE XL2 BEST v2 will hopefully put into perspective your double stroller needs and help you decided if one of these will be best for your family.
The Joovy Scooter X2
With the Joovy Scooter X2, you essentially get two standard strollers all wrapped into one unit that’s made for two children and can be used from the time your little one is three months old. But the Joovy Scooter brand itself also sells a car seat adapter that can be used with most of its strollers to really get use out of them right from the beginning. At just 30 inches wide, the stroller is designed to allow you to easily pass through doorways without the risk of getting wedged with your stroller or struggling to fit through. It also has an extra large storage basket underneath and a canopy that covers both seats at once. You can also purchase a snack and drink tray separately that has compartments for each seat, giving your little ones equal amounts of accessibility. But if you don’t have an immediate need to invest in the tray, the stroller already has mesh pockets installed in each seat for either a drink or snack for your children. And when it’s nap time, each of the seats can be reclined separately, just in case only one of your children is ready to sleep. There just may be the right amount of shared and independent features for both of the seats of the double stroller.
- Set-up And Take Down: There’s a simply one-handed fold to collapse the stroller down to fit in most trunks, and to open it back up, the Joovy Scooter X2 pops back up just as easily.
- Dimensions: When standing, the stroller is 41.75 x 30 x 32.25 inches, while it’s 14 x 30 x 35.75 inches when folded.
- Weight Limit: The recommended weight limit is 45 pounds for each individual seat, which would be 90 pounds total.
- Price: On Amazon, the Joovy Scooter X2 is $210.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon and in-store at Walmart or Target.
- The Joovy Scooter X2 can fit inside of most trunks, despite being a double stroller.
- Without the cup holders and trays, the bar across the seats is convenient.
- It can fit through most doorways with ease and therefore can be maneuvered around relatively easily.
- In addition to the storage basket, the Joovy Scooter X2 also has two cup holders and zippered pockets on the back of each seat.
- Being a double stroller, it’s as heavy as you might expect, which can be difficult to transport without a little help.
- The front wheels can sometimes lock without notice or feel as though they get stuck.
- It can sometimes be difficult to steer the Joovy Scooter X2.
“After purchasing and returning 3 double strollers, finally found this one! Steers easily, good separation between kids and great price! Folds easily and fits in the car nicely. The large canopy is a huge necessity here in FL. The break is secure and flip-flop friendly.” – Rachel on Amazon.
“We love this stroller! Perfect for our twins. Price was awesome! Huge canopy, HUGE storage basket, overall, easy fold and easily fits in my SUV! Fits through doors easily and rotates 360 degrees.. everything we wanted.: – Janna Gardner on Amazon.
“My two kids love this stroller, I have a 4 month old and 20 month old. The stroller is adjustable to accommodate my infant son, and my toddler. This stroller is not as big as other double strollers in the market.” – Maria Gonzalez on Amazon.
ZOE XL2 Best v2
Despite being able to comfortably seat two children, the ZOE XL2 BEST v2 is only 17 pounds, which makes it lightweight for not only a single stroller, but a double one at that. But because it’s easy to carry and can fold up to fit in its carrying bag that you can buy separately, the double stroller is much easier to take with you on family trips, which includes plane rides. It’s no big secret that transporting your baby’s supplies on plane rides can be difficult, given their heavy and bulky nature, but the lightweight feel and ability to easily fold down the ZOE XL2 BEST v2 makes it so much easier to travel with it. In fact, the carrying bag doubles as a backpack, so you can carry the stroller with you and still have your hands free. It also has two individual canopies, so you can adhere to each of your child’s needs, and three cupholders built in, along with a large storage basket underneath. Plus, the canopies each have peekaboo mesh window on the top to not only allow you to check on your children in the stroller but to also allow some extra breathability, which only adds to the many specific features of this particular double stroller.
- Set-up And Take Down: The ZOE XL2 BEST v2 pops up easily to use right away, and to collapse it down, you simply pull the built-in handle with one hand and the entire stroller folds down.
- Dimensions: When standing, the stroller is 40.25 x 29 x 34 inches, and when folded, it’s 26.25 x 29 x 7 inches.
- Weight Limit: The maximum weight limit is 50 pounds per seat or 100 total.
- Price: On Amazon, the ZOE XL2 BEST v2 is $250.
- Where To Buy: You can find the The ZOE XL2 BEST v2 on the manufacturer’s website or on Amazon.
- Even though it’s a double stroller, it’s lightweight and feels compact enough to easily take with you on the go.
- The weight limit means you’ll be able to use it with similarly sized children or even two ranging in size and for a long time, giving you ample use of the stroller.
- To close it, you just use one hand, which can be convenient for a parent or caregiver with two little ones running around.
- There’s also a five point harness for each seat, giving your children ample safety while riding in the ZOE XL2 BEST v2.
- Since you can’t find it in the store, you’ll have to rely on purchasing it online without being able to see or test it out first.
- The recline of the seats may not be substantial enough to really give your children a comfortable napping or resting position.
- Trying to steer it can be a challenge, which is to be expected with large double strollers.
“I love this stroller. I feel like the Goldilocks of strollers. We’ve been through a jogger that was way too big, a smaller jogger that had an umbrella hood that was too small and left my kiddo cranky about sun exposure, and a cheap umbrella stroller that was too short for my tall self to push comfortably. This stroller IS IT! It’s so light and has so much storage.” – K. Wong on Amazon.
“This stroller is AMAZING! We purchased this as we needed a lightweight stroller to travel with, specifically Disney world. We have a tall but skinny three year old and a petite one year old. Pushing them is such a breeze compared to our tandem stroller. This is perfect for our Disney trip!” – Amber Bowie on Amazon.
“Finally a double stroller that is light and has all the necessary bells and whistles! I’ve tried 3 strollers before the Zoe. Graco was too heavy, tandem strollers are too long and difficult to maneuver, and the other one folded like an umbrella stroller which takes longer to push the whole stroller together when you’re trying to get in and out and on the go. This stroller is the only one that’s lite, only 16lbs in fact, and still has everything you need.” – Jared F. on Amazon.
Sometimes bigger is better when it comes to baby accessories and necessities, but when you have two double strollers of similar sizes, the better option here would actually have to be the lighter one, the ZOE XL2 BEST v2. Being just 17 pounds overall and with multiple cup holders and storage space, it’s definitely one that families of multiples can get use out of for literal years. While it is true that the Joovy Scooter X2 double stroller is also designed with your children’s comfort and your convenience in mind, it’s hard to pass up on the ease of use and longevity that the ZOE offers. You also can’t ignore how easy it is to transport the stroller when it’s not in use.
For some families, using a tandem double stroller can sometimes feel bulkier or make them feel more detached from their children as they’re sitting in a line, in a way. With double strollers like these, your children can have equal views of their surroundings and you can even get to them more easily than if one was sitting behind the other. That being said, as with most baby products, it’s important to figure out what your specific needs are as a family in order to choose the best double stroller. But when looking at the Joovy Scooter X2 vs. the ZOE XL2 BEST v2 strollers, the strongest option is likely going to be the ZOE XL2 BEST v2.