Some parents might prefer all-in-one car seats that take their children from infancy and past the toddler years, but there is nothing wrong with switching to different car seats as your little ones grow, but once you have decided that it’s time to switch to a belt-positioning booster, you are going to need to decide which one and there might be no two better options than the Graco Affix Highback Booster Car Seat with Latch System, Quest Exceed Us Standard Fmvss 213 vs. Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Car Seat - Atmosphere.
Of course, that also means dealing with the dilemma of deciding which one between the two of them is the right choice, but now that you have narrowed it down this far, just take it a little further.
Both car seat boosters are designed with safe high backs and enable you to safely buckle your child with your car’s actual seat belt while they sit in the booster seat. They both also have cup holders, which might seem almost frivolous, but does provide some needed convenience for those long car rides.
And while one snack holder on the Graco can be pushed in out of sight when it’s not in use, the two side cup holders on the Chicco can be pushed in. If you need to fit other car seats or booster seats, space can become an issue with one of Graco’s cup holders permanently jutted out, but it’s certainly not the end all/be all when it comes to comparing both of these booster car seats.
They truly are both designed to grow with your child and that means the Chicco can move up 10 different positions from the waist to accommodate your growing child. Likewise, the Graco can be adjusted to fit children who are up to 57 inches tall. In other words, once your child switches to one of these, they won’t need another booster car seat ever again. But before you make a hasty decision, take a closer look at both car seat boosters.
Main Differences Between The Graco Affix Vs. Chicco KidFit
The Main Differences Between The Graco Affix and Chicco KidFit are:
- Weight Limit: The Chicco KidFit can be used for children up to 110 pounds, while the Graco Affix tops out at 100 pounds.
- Installation: The Chicco offers more than a simple seat belt installation. It has the added safety of the SuperCinch Latch tightener.
- Cost: While the Graco Affix is $55, the Chicco NextFit comes in at $100, almost double the amount.
- Convenience: The cup holders on the Chicco fold in to get them out of the way when needed, but one of the Graco cup holders must remain in place.
Graco Affix Car Seat
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”450″ identifier=”B015FFOW58″ locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/419mwwUTjNL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”450″]
If you already trusted Graco for your infant car seat, then it might make sense for you to go with the Graco Affix Highback Booster Car Seat with Latch System, Quest Exceed Us Standard Fmvss 213 when your toddler is ready for the transition. It has been tested to meet or exceed all federal safety standards and the headrest has multiple layers for your little one’s comfort and safety.
It’s been side impact tested for occupant retention and it’s made with EPS, an energy absorbing foam, for effective impact management. You can safely install it with the Latch system, but instead of taking the whole thing out of its tether to adjust it when needed, there is an easy to access adjustment up front that you can get to before your toddler gets in the seat.
It is easily one of the most convenient things about this car seat booster in particular because it adds certain ease of use that you don’t typically get with Latch-installed car seats or boosters. It also has an adjustable headrest that can move up multiple spaces to accommodate your growing child and keep him or her comfortable and safe at all times. You can use it as either a high-back booster or as a backless booster car seat once your child is ready and overall, it can be used for children up to 100 pounds and 57 inches tall. In other words, your child can get years of use out of this booster seat, likely until they no longer need one at all.
- Safety Features: The booster car seat is made with energy-absorbing foam and ample side impact protection as well as multiple layers in the headrest.
- Installation: You can use the Latch system to properly install the car seat and use the adjustable strap on the front to tighten it with ease.
- Weight Capacity: The booster car seat is made for children from 30-100 pounds.
- Price: On Amazon, the Graco Affix Booster Car Seat is $55.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in store at Target and Buy Buy Baby.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this booster car seat.
- It has the added safety and security of the Latch installation feature, which can’t be said for all booster car seats.
- It’s affordable for most families, especially when compared to some other similar booster car seats.
- Little ones can learn more quickly how to buckle and unbuckle themselves with this booster, which can give them a little independence and make things easier for parents.
- The safety has been reinforced multiple times over.
- The headrest might not offer much cushion or support when children fall asleep during car rides.
- The cushion on the car seat could be a little thicker to offer more overall comfort for children.
- There might not be enough headrest height adjustments to accommodate your child as he or she grows.
“I love this car seat! We are big Graco fans, so choosing a Graco seat when my seven-year-old was ready for a high back booster was an easy decision. My son’s favorite color is purple, so I was excited to see the purple on sale. I’m also thrilled that the seat is purple, but not so purple that he will hate it when he has a new favorite color. Installation was very easy. The latch system is simple with pull tabs in the front. I’m very happy with this purchase.” – Karly Wynn on Amazon.
“Works perfect, did a lot of research and for outlet needs this was rated the best and has lived up to that, side pocket is perfect for his little toys so I’m not trying to find them when we stop, he just drops them in… Also love that we can latch it in place and it doesn’t move everywhere, I was worried about moving him down to a booster but this highback is a great option for us.” – Cynthia Remine on Amazon.
Chicco KidFit Car Seat
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01DYJF5NU” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/51GcKWmFksL.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″ alt=”chicco kidfit 2 in 1 positioning booster car seat”]
The Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Car Seat - AtmosphereChicco KidFit Car Seat is another high-back booster that is easy to adjust and that can grow with your little one. To be more exact, it can be used for toddlers from 30-110 pounds, which gives it just a little bit more longevity than the Graco Affix. It has 10 different positions that the back can move up to accommodate children, but it moves up from the waist rather than the headrest.
This can potentially give them more support and safety in the headrest as they grow. You can install it with the Latch system and easily adjust it from the front with the SuperCinch Latch tightener, which is as convenient as the option the Graco Affix offers. But the backrest of the Chicco can also be adjusted to two different recline positions to mimic the recline and shape of the actual backseat of your car and help add to your child’s comfort.
When your child is ready, you can convert the booster to a backless version, but either way, they can get use out of the cup holders on either side, which can be folded in when not in use. There’s also DuoZone head and shoulder protection to keep your little one as safe as possible as they grow and as you re-adjust the booster to properly fit them.
- Safety Features: It has multiple layers of head and shoulder protection to keep your child safe as well as 10 different headrest adjustments.
- Installation: You can use the convenient Latch system to easily install the booster car seat and the upfront tightener to get it fitted right.
- Weight Capacity: The booster is designed for kids from 30-110 pounds.
- Price: On Amazon, the Chicco KidFit Zip Air 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, Surf.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this booster car seat.
- It can be put together and installed in less than five minutes, which can be one of the biggest pros for some parents.
- You can convert it to a backless booster once your child has reached 40 pounds and is ready.
- The back adjusts to 10 different positions at the waist, so it doesn’t sacrifice safety and comfort in the headrest to grow with your child.
- With the Latch installation, you can feel much more secure with your little one in this booster after they have graduated from their standard car seat.
- It is a little wider than some other similar boosters, so it might be a tight fit with other boosters or car seats installed at the same time.
- Compared to the Graco Affix, the Chicco KidFit is pricier.
- Because the cup holders are bendable and can be turned in, they might not feel very secure when your child has snacks or drinks in them.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01LPQ41XE” locale=”US” src=”https://thebabyswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/61PjM4oSa6L.jpg” tag=”thebabyswag-20″ width=”500″]
“Love this seat. We had a regular booster seat with no back before this and I just didn’t feel like my four year old was safe enough. This booster seat is lightweight but durable and very comfortable. I like that it has the little head wings so her head doesn’t bob around if she falls asleep. It also has two cup holders which is my daughter’s favorite part.” – Linda Holden on Amazon.
“The Chicco Kidfit booster seat is perfect for our five-year old. I really like how easy it is to install with the latch buckles, and also how light the seat is. Makes it a breeze to take in and out of the car, or move to other vehicles. The reclining feature works great to fit the contours of the back seat, My son also likes the fact that he feels like a ‘big boy’ using the normal seat belt.” – J. Yun on Amazon.
The main differences between the Graco Affix and Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Car Seat - Atmosphere are the price and versatility. While the Affix does adjust to fit your child as they grow, it doesn’t boast as many convenient adjustments as the KidFit. On the other hand, the KidFit is almost twice the price of the Affix and that can be a deal breaker for anyone.
When it comes down to it, though, the stronger choice between the two of them would have to be theChicco KidFit 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Car Seat - Atmosphere. It adjusts to fit your child as they grow, it has two convenient and hideaway cup holders, it’s been made with your child’s safety and comfort in mind, and it even has a weight limit that exceeds that of the Graco Affix. While both car seat boosters are fine options for any growing toddler, between these two, the one to go with is the Chicco KidFit.
Both of these booster car seats offer plenty in terms of safety, versatility, and easy installation. But you just can’t ignore the benefits of the Chicco KidFit when pitted against the Graco Affix. Yes, the KidFit is more expensive and offers similar qualities as the Graco Affix, but when it all comes down to it, the Chicco KidFit is still the way to go.
- Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat With Latch System Review
- Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat Review: Safety as They Grow
- Chicco NextFit vs. Britax Advocate: Features, Pros and Cons
- Chicco MyFit + Booster vs Britax Frontier Clicktight (March 2019 UPDATE) | Which is Better?