No matter your kid’s age, finding the perfect holiday gift can be a bit of a struggle. There are so many fast-moving fads and popular toys and gimmicks that what your toddler is into one day, they might not be into the next. It’s just an undeniable part of parenting and really is unavoidable.
Luckily, when choosing the best toddler stocking stuffers, you can more easily gauge what your little one will be happy with.
Stocking stuffers are more like small toys or games that often have a shelf life of a lot longer than age-appropriate toys might. Kids grow fast enough without their tastes and interests changing at the drop of a hat. And hopefully, some of these toddler stocking stuffers, in particular, will work well for your little one.
- 1 1. Munchkin Fishin’ Bath Toy
- 2 2. Fat Brain Toys Wooden Personalized Name Puzzle
- 3 3. Fisher-Price My First Fidget Cube
- 4 4. Kinetic Sand
- 5 5. Crayola Color Bath Dropz
- 6 6. Learning Resources New Sprouts Healthy Snack Set
- 7 7. Sensei Play ‘N’ Learn Finger Family Puppets
- 8 8. MinYn Lacing Vehicles Toy Wooden Block Set
- 9 9. Coolplay Baby’s First Non-Toxic Soft Cloth Book Set
- 10 10. Magtimes Magnetic Letters And Numbers
- 11 Final Thoughts
1. Munchkin Fishin’ Bath Toy
Honestly, the Munchkin Fishin’ Bath Toy can be considered a toy on its own, but it can also be used as a stellar stocking stuffer for any toddler. The set comes with one small magnetic and plastic fishing rod and three underwater bobbers for your child to “fish” for in the bath or in their kiddie pool.
The versatility of playing with the rod can make the toy fun for the summer months or during bathtime. Your kiddo can get plenty of use out of it.
Unlike some other water toys, the little bobbers are designed to be airtight so as not to allow mold or mildew to build up inside of them. And, as a bonus, the fishing rod promotes healthy hand-eye coordination skills.
- Child Age Range: The Munchin Fishin’ Bath Toy is designed for kids from age two and up.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The Best Part: It’s relatively easy for toddlers to remove the magnetic bobbers from the rod without any help.
- The Not So Great: For experienced toddlers who have excellent hand-eye coordination, they might get bored with the Fishin’ Bath Toy more easily than others.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on this toy.
2. Fat Brain Toys Wooden Personalized Name Puzzle
Depending on how long your child’s name is, the Fat Brain Toys Wooden Personalized Name Puzzle can certainly be used as a stocking stuffer. The puzzle, which is personalized to spell out your child’s name, will not only help them learn letters and hand-eye coordination but also learn how to spell his or her own name.
The wooden letters are coated in non-toxic paint, and the large letter puzzle pieces can fit easily in small hands. Regardless of the way you spell your child’s name, or how many letters you need, up to nine that is, Fat Brain Toys will help create the perfect personalized name puzzle for your toddler’s stocking.
- Child Age Range: The puzzle is for children age three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It’s truly a one-of-a-kind stocking stuffer that can be used as bedroom decor after your toddler has grown out of putting it together.
- The Not So Great: The letters are made from a thin fiberboard rather than thick natural wood.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the puzzle.
3. Fisher-Price My First Fidget Cube
Fidget spinners and fidget cubes are continuously loved by toddlers and school-aged children alike. Naturally, Fisher-Price has the Fisher-Price My First Fidget Cube for toddlers to enjoy and learn from.
Designed to promote sensory play, creativity, and small motor skills, the cube has six sides of interactive buttons, notches, and toggles. It may be a tad larger than your standard fidget cube, but it’s just the right size for smaller hands and little ones who may not understand or be ready for more intricate fidget cubes.
- Child Age Range: The Fisher-Price My First Fidget Cube is designed for children from six months old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: Your toddler can start playing with and learning from the cube at a young age.
- The Not So Great: Some children may find playing with the cube boring after a while.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the fidget cube.
4. Kinetic Sand
Much like with Play-Doh, there will come a time when your toddler wants to play with the Kinetic Sand for both fun and educational purposes. The sand can be molded and shaped with ease and doesn’t require water or special tools really. However, your child can indeed use standard beach sand toys and molds with the sand and build things as their leisure.
Unlike Play-Doh and child’s molding clay, though, the Kinetic Sand won’t dry out if left out over time and won’t make a huge mess. To be fair, it can still fall to the carpet and require a vacuum to clean it up, but it’s fairly easy to clean up when the time comes.
- Child Age Range: It’s perfect for kids ages three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The Best Part: It won’t stick to your child’s clothes or upholstery, making cleanup relatively easy in most cases.
- The Not So Great: Some parents may not like the smell of the sand.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls for Kinetic Sand.
5. Crayola Color Bath Dropz
The Crayola Color Bath Dropz may not be toys or even interactive in the literal sense, but they do help make bathtime fun for toddlers. And they can certainly fit in most stockings, making them solid stocking stuffers.
The fragrance-free tablets can be dropped into your child’s bath to change the color of the water. Now, you can make baths much more enjoyable for little ones who may not take kindly for bath time. And when you want to change the color again, you can simply drop another color in. Unlike some other bath drops, it doesn’t make the water overly fizzy or uncomfortable for children.
- Child Age Range: The bath drops are made for kids from age three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can find them on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: In most cases, the drops will turn the water a vibrant color rather than cloud it or make it murky.
- The Not So Great: You might need to use more than one tablet as a time in order to get a bright enough color each time.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the bath drops.
6. Learning Resources New Sprouts Healthy Snack Set
Toddlers love playing with pretend food and the Learning Resources New Sprouts Healthy Snack Set is a play food set that also promotes healthy eating. The small set is made up of fruits, vegetables, a plastic cereal bar, and a smoothie cup.
It’s a nice alternative to your average pizza or hamburger play food sets. In most cases, it’s small enough to fit in your child’s stocking. It also comes in a little plastic pouch to keep it all together when stuffing it in your toddler’s stocking. Plus, they’re crush-proof and the perfect size for small, capable hands.
- Child Age Range: The snack set is meant for children age two and up.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the set on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: It can help promote healthy eating habits at an early age.
- The Not So Great: Although it’s small enough to fit in most stockings, the set might be considered almost too small for some parents.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this stocking stuffer.
7. Sensei Play ‘N’ Learn Finger Family Puppets
You might think your toddler is too old for finger puppets, but the Sensei Play ‘N’ Learn Finger Family Puppets comes with 16 different finger puppet people and animals to entertain your little one for hours and vice versa. Since they fit perfectly on both adult and child’s fingers, you and your child can play together while engaging in creative play.
The puppets can help promote storytelling and social and sensory skills that they’ll need from the toddler age and on. When on long family road trips or plane rides, the finger puppets can also help keep kids entertained in a way that doesn’t involve screen time.
- Child Age Range: They’re designed for children from six months of age and up.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find them on Amazon.
- The Best Part: They’re small enough to toss in your diaper bag. You can even add them in your purse so your toddler can play with them while you’re on the go.
- The Not So Great: They’re designed to fit on both parents’ and children’s fingers. However, those with larger hands may not be able to fit their fingers in the puppets.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Sensei Play ‘n’ Learn Finger Family Puppets.
8. MinYn Lacing Vehicles Toy Wooden Block Set
The MinYn Lacing Vehicles Toy Wooden Block Set is small and compact enough to fit in your toddler’s stocking, but the vehicle blocks also promote the learning of colors and patterns.
Your child can play with the wooden people and cars as they are. They can also lace the string through them all to pull all of the blocks along in one straight line. They’re all made of premium wood with safe, non-toxic water paint and small rounded edges which make it easier for little hands to grasp them. They also promote creativity, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills for most toddlers.
- Child Age Range: The blocks are recommended for children from age three years old and up.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the blocks on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Toddlers learning to walk can pull the string of blocks behind them, making the whole process a lot more fun.
- The Not So Great: Some parents may not love that you can only buy the set on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the MinYn Lacing Vehicles Toy Wooden Block Set.
9. Coolplay Baby’s First Non-Toxic Soft Cloth Book Set
Cloth books are a must for any babies or young toddlers and the Coolplay Baby’s First Non-Toxic Soft Cloth Book Set is a fine option for any toddler’s stocking this holiday season. The set includes eight different books that all have tear-resistant crinkly pages meant to entice and delight your baby or toddler.
They also promote first, second, third, and beyond words with the simple one-word and photo pages. And in case your little one makes a mess or spits up on the cloth pages, you can easily wash them under running water by hand. The bright colors and easy to sound out words make the set of cloth books fun and interactive for all kinds of small children.
- Child Age Range: The books are made for children from three months old and on.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the set on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: The books can be folded and are already compact enough to take on the go as needed.
- The Not So Great: Some of the pages are labeled in a more broad way than what the animals actually are.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Coolplay Baby’s First Non-Toxic Soft Cloth Book Set.
10. Magtimes Magnetic Letters And Numbers
Every toddler needs a good set of letters to play with on the refrigerator while you work in the kitchen and the Magtimes Magnetic Letters and Numbers could be the set to gift them with this season.
The set not only comes with letters and numbers but also mathematical symbols to help your little one start to learn about addition and subtraction. They’re the perfect size for little hands to hold onto and they can stick to most refrigerators with ease. You can also wash or sanitize them with soap and water to keep them as germ-free as possible.
- Child Age Range: The magnets are perfect for children from age three and up.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the magnets on Amazon at this time.
- The Best Part: They have just the right amount of magnetic pull to stay on magnetic surfaces without forcing your child to struggle to pull them off.
- The Not So Great: Since they’re made from a foam material rather than the standard plastic, smaller children might try to chew on them.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent, or current recalls on the Magtimes Magnetic Letters and Numbers.
Stocking stuffers can be simple things like small coloring books, little candies, or snacks that your child loves. But, stocking stuffer for toddlers can also include fun little toys and games. Of course, you get bonus parenting points for choosing games or toys that are also educational, and most of the ones on this list meet that criterion.
Stockings don’t have to have high-end toys and trinkets that double as gifts. However, any one of these items will definitely get your toddler excited for their stocking this year. The best part is that your little one can have fun while also learning. This is always the goal when it comes to toys and games.
- The Best Toys to Stimulate Your 6-Month Old
- Best Learning Toys For Babies That You’ll Love
- 9 Best Educational Toys for Toddlers You Will Both Love
- 7 Best Water Toys for Toddlers To Keep Them Actively Learning