- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - January 16, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
Some parents might find it surprising, but there is a big difference between bibs when it comes to your baby or toddler.
On the one hand, some drooling babies keep bibs on throughout the day to save their shirts or onesies from getting drenched in slobber. On the other side, though, such cloth bibs won’t necessarily get the job done when it comes to eating, so you’ll need to choose from the best baby bib brands.
Those simple cloth ones are fine for those early staged of solids, but somewhere down the line, you’ll need something more substantial to catch all of your little one’s food and drink run-off. And whether they’re nine months old or three years old, there will be messes.
Whether you’re looking for a plastic or silicone wipe clean bib or something that’s cloth but a bit more heavy duty than your average bib, these are some of the top baby bibs that will no doubt get the job done for you.
Of course, you shouldn’t knock cloth bibs, especially as they are indeed useful for a constantly drooling baby whose spittle reaches epic proportions on a regular basis, but there are easily a variety of different baby bib brands that can work for your little one and that you can even use interchangeably.
1. OXO Tot Roll-Up Bib
The OXO Tot Roll-Up Bib doesn’t roll up on its own at all. In fact, it can be rolled into itself for easy storage. However, with two different materials making up the cloth and then silicone reservoir on the bottom, it’s virtually impossible for it to roll up into itself while your little one is wearing it.
The bib attaches behind your little one’s neck with adjustable ease, and the silicone pocket on the bottom is in place to catch any crumbs or fallen food while your child eats, taking the bib to the next level in a way. Because you can adjust the neck length as your baby grows, the bib is perfect for children ages six months and up.
- Material: The upper part of the bib is made from a soft and durable fabric, while the lower part is silicone.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: Since it can be rolled up into itself, you can easily take the bib with you pretty much anywhere.
- The Not So Great: After a few months of use, the Velcro fastener on the back may start to lose its strength and no longer stick together.
2. Bonim Baby Bibs Waterproof Silicone Bib
Silicone is waterproof and easy to clean. There’s something to be said for bibs comprised mostly of it, like the Bonim Baby Bibs Waterproof Silicone Bib. Even the fastener around the neck is made entirely of silicone with small rivets and buttons to adjust the size as your messy baby grows into a messy toddler.
And because of the many adjustments that can be made with the size, the bib should work for babies and kids from six months to five years old.
It’s also very lightweight with a large open pocket on the bottom to catch any falling food or crumbs during meals. And since it’s already lightweight, the added food droppings won’t likely add much weight to the bib.
- Material: The bib is made entirely of soft and lightweight silicone.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find the Bonim Baby Bib on Amazon.
- The Best Part: You can adjust the bib so much that you’ll be able to use it for your infant or your older toddler even.
- The Not So Great: Although there is a pocket on the bottom to catch food and crumbs, it doesn’t stick out very far, so it may not catch everything.
3. Tommee Tippee Explora Easi-Roll Bib
The Tommee Tippee Explora Easi-Roll Bib is similar to some other silicone bibs with easy neck snaps and an open crumb catcher at the bottom.
It’s also, as to be expected, BPA-free and can be wiped clean to keep it sanitary for your baby or toddler. Plus, you can roll it up for easy storage and for taking with you on the go. However, it won’t roll or curl up on its own, so you can be sure that it will stay in its strong form for quite a while.
The open tabs on the neck allow for airflow in the ones that aren’t fastened while your baby is wearing the bib and the silicone itself should be soft on the most sensitive skin. The Tommee Tippee Explora Easi-Roll Bib is perfect for babies from seven months and up.
- Material: Silicone.
- Where To Buy: You can find the bib on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: It’s not only easy to clean. But you can also dry it quickly or air dry in just minutes.
- The Not So Great: For some babies, there may be a gap between their neck and the bib, so some crumbs or food particles may get behind the bib and on your little one’s clothes even with the bib on.
4. Skip Hop Zoo Bib
Like so many bibs before it, the Skip Hop Zoo Bib has a catch-all pocket on the bottom, but it’s not made of a silicone material. Instead, it’s made from an easy-to wipe and clean water-resistant material.
The tuckaway pouch is also convenient for rolling the bib up into it when it’s not in use or when traveling with your baby. For your baby’s entertainment, the bib comes in a variety of different zoo animal prints and the adjustable closure can be adjusted for growing babies. Although there’s no minimum or maximum age requirement for the bib, the flexible closure on the neck makes it possible to fit it around your growing baby.
- Material: It’s made from a water-resistant material that’s also machine washable.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: Even though it has a pocket to catch crumbs, similar to silicone bibs, this one is soft against your baby’s skin.
- The Not So Great: The bib is water-resistant, but any significant spills may still penetrate the fabric.
5. Bumkins Waterproof Sleeved Bib
When you think of bibs, you probably think of simple coverings that tie or snap behind the neck. But with the Bumkins Waterproof Sleeved Bib, you get one that covers your baby’s entire shirt and even his or her arms.
It’s made from a machine washable and wipeable fabric that also has a catch-all pocket built in to help keep messes to a minimum. And since it covers your little one’s entire upper body, you can be sure that their clothes will be virtually mess-free at the end of each meal. Plus, your baby can use it for a long time, as it’s suitable for little ones from six months to two years old.
- Material: It’s made from Bumkins; owns vinyl-free wipeable waterproof fabric.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase the bib on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Best Part: For older toddlers who are beginning to feed themselves, the long sleeves and added coverage in the front of the bib means keeping any messes at bay.
- The Not So Great: Instead of a convenient Velcro tab, you have to tie and re-tie the back of the bib each time you put it on your child.
6. Aden + Anais Muslin Burpy Bib
While it’s true that the Aden + Anais Muslin Burpy Bib works much better as a dribble bib and even burp cloth, sometimes that’s what you need in a good baby bib. Of course, you can still use it during your baby’s meals, but the four soft layers of 100% cotton muslin make it comfortable enough for your little one to keep the bib on all day.
And it certainly doesn’t hurt that the different animal prints are fun and adorable. You can choose to use it as a simple burp cloth or a full-coverage bib. So, even during meals, the soft fabric of the Burpy Bib will help to absorb some of those inevitable messes. Although there’s no distinct age restriction on the bib, it’s 9 x 23.5 inches.
- Material: The bib is made from a soft 100% cotton muslin fabric.
- Where To Buy: You can buy the bib on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Kohl’s.
- The Best Part: It’s big enough to act as a bib during meals but soft enough to catch dribble throughout the day.
- The Not So Great: Food can sometimes get trapped between the multiple layers of the bib and are then hard to properly clean out.
7. Ulubulu Silicone Sillybib
The Ulubulu Silicone Sillybib is made with important features. It’s made from a soft and lightweight medical-grade silicone and has an adjustable neck strap without Velcro, buttons, or snaps.
Instead, you can put one side of the silicone strap into the other, which has various inserts to adjust the size according to your baby or toddler’s needs. Since it also has a handy crumb catcher pocket built-in, you can easily roll and fold up the bib when it’s not in use or if you need to take it with you on the go.
While it can’t be machine washed, you can wipe clean the bib or put it in the dishwasher to clean and sanitize it properly. With the different adjustments you can make to the neck, the bib is perfect for children from six months to toddler age.
- Material: The bib is made from 100% all natural medical grade silicone.
- Where To Buy: The bib is available on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target.
- The Best Part: It can be cleaned easily, especially since it’s dishwasher safe.
- The Not So Great: The hook and loop enclosure on the back of the bib can be tedious and can’t be properly donning with just one hand.
8. Munchkin Disposable Bibs
No one ever really wants to throw away baby products they spend money on. But sometimes that’s just more convenient, like with the Munchkin Disposable Bibs. They come in a pack of 24 and can be saved for more than one use after you wipe them down, or you can feel free to toss them once you’re done with them.
To make them easy to use, there’s a self-adhesive fastener that connects the bibs behind your little one’s neck. There’s even a makeshift crumb catcher at the bottom of the bib to keep spills and food off your baby’s clothes.
But at the end of the day, since the bibs are disposable, it makes them convenient to take with you when away from home. Although there’s no official age range, the dimensions of the bib are 13.5 x 9 inches.
- Material: They’re made from soft and thin plastic that’s lined with a waterproof liner.
- Where To Buy: You can find the bibs on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- The Best Part: Even though they’re disposable, the bibs can be wiped clean with ease.
- The Not So Great: Since they’re attached with a self-adhesive, your child can easily reach up and pull the bibs.
9. Green Sprouts Wipe-Off Bib
The Green Sprouts Wipe-Off Bib is as easy to use and clean as you’d expect to get. It’s specifically designed to wipe messes off of it easily and even covers your baby’s shoulders in a way that not many other baby bibs will do for your little one.
The enclosure on the back of the bib is similar to Velcro. So, it’s easy to attach and remove from your little one. For the most part, you should wipe the bib clean. But it’s also waterproof enough to be used during any feedings, even after your baby makes messes. The bib is suitable for babies from 9-18 months old.
- Material: It’s made from a waterproof EVA material with polyester trim.
- Where To Buy: You can find the bib on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Target.
- The Best Part: Despite being made of a plastic material with a standard hook and loop enclosure on the clasp, the bib is still durable enough to be long-lasting.
- The Not So Great: For older babies or toddlers, the hook and loop clasp on the back of the neck can be easily pulled apart.
Choosing the right bib for your baby or toddler might not seem like a big deal. That’s because it is not a life or death situation. However, it is essential to find the right one or right combination of bibs to get your child through the day while keeping them comfortable and keeping food from lingering on their face or clothes.
With any one of these top bib brands and options, you’re bound to find one that will work for your child for a long time, and in most cases, your baby won’t grow out of a reliable bib. You may end up buying multiples, so you always have a clean one on hand, but you can be sure that whichever bib you choose for your baby will get plenty of use.