There are a ton of benefits that come along with investing in a convertible car seat for your baby, but it’s probably best to look at some of the top all-in-one car seats before making a decision on which one to buy.
Most of them come from some of the best brands out there, which of course makes the decision that much harder, but it also means that most of the all-in-one convertible car seats on this list should work for your child for the long haul.
When looking at car seats in general, some of the most important qualities to consider are price, longevity, comfort, and safety. By being able to use these car seats for literal years, you get the most longevity out of them and in some cases, they might offer superior safety and reinforced frames.
Of course, the cost will vary from car seat to car seat, but there’s little doubt that you’ll be able to find the best all-in-one car seat from one of these six.
- 1 1. Graco 4Ever 4-In-1 Convertible
- 2 2. Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One
- 3 3. Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1
- 4 4. Graco SlimFit All-In-One Convertible
- 5 5. Evenflo SafeMax Platinum All-In-One Convertible
- 6 6. Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible
- 7 Final Thoughts on the Best All in One Car Seats
- 8 Further Car Seat Research
One of the most important things about a car seat, aside for safety, of course, is the overall comfort that it offers for your child. With the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible, you get multiple layers of comfort for your child every step of the way, regardless of which stage they’re in.
But besides that, you also get a simple installation with its InRight LATCH one-second latching system. It’s also been side impact tested with a five-point harness for your child’s safety, whether they’re a newborn or small child in the final stage that the car seat offers. You’ll be able to get literal years of use out of this particular car seat, and the steel reinforced frame is part of that reason, providing a stable and lasting construction.
- Weight Guidelines: When rear-facing, the car seat is suitable for babies from 4-40 pounds, forward-facing is for toddlers from 20-65 pounds, the high-back booster seat is for children from 40-100 pounds, and the belt-positioning backless booster car seat mode is for kids from 40-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: The InRight LATCH system is not only easy to secure but will keep the car seat from moving most slightly.
- The Not So Great: When using the rear-facing mode, you can’t recline the seat.
- Price: On Amazon, the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible is $240. Check out the latest prices
2. Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One
Safety is clearly key with the Evenflo Symphony Elite All-in-One Car Seat and it shows.
Thanks to its E3 Side Impact Protection, which can help reduce side impact during crashes by as much as 50% and three layers of protection, you can feel a peace of mind knowing your baby is cocooned in the car seat.
There’s also energy absorbing foam in the headrest for further security as your baby or toddler rides in the car seat as well as an easy to adjust harness that slides so you can get the correct fit each time. And, for your child’s convenience, there are built-in cup holders on the sides and out of the way that can expand to fit nearly any size cup or snack container.
- Weight Guidelines: Rear-facing infants can ride in the car seat from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing toddlers should be 22-65 pounds, and children using the high back booster mode should be 40-110 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: Installation is a breeze with Evenflo’s SureLATCH connectors that click into place.
- The Not So Great: When children fall asleep in this particular car seat, there doesn’t seem to be enough support to keep their head from drooping forward.
- Price: On Amazon, the Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is $217. Check out the latest prices
3. Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1
There are plenty of reasons to buy the Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1, but among them are definitely the ease of use and safety. In terms of usage, there are a few different things in place to make it easier than ever to use the car seat and install it.
For starters, there are harness holders on either side of the car seat to hold the straps back as you get your child in and out. The harness itself is a QuickFit Harness, which means that you can adjust the harness and headrest at the same time with one swift motion. It also has side impact protection with Air Protect, technology that adds extra cushion and protection all around your child and allows the car seat to exceed all federal safety requirements.
- Weight Guidelines: Rear-facing babies should be 5-50 pounds, while forward-facing should be between 22-65 pounds, and those in the belt-positioning booster should be 40-100 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: When in rear-facing mode, the car seat can add up to seven extra inches of space to the front passenger seat.
- The Not So Great: It can be a challenge to get your infant in and out of the car seat since it’s meant to stay in the car and is not an infant carrier car seat.
- Price: On Amazon, the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is $160. Check out the latest prices
4. Graco SlimFit All-In-One Convertible
There may already be a Graco car seat on this list of the best all-in-one car seats out there, but that’s just because the brand designs some of the best. That includes the Graco SlimFit All-in-One Convertible Car Seat.
Because of its EPS foam and harness safety measures in place, you can be sure that your child will be protected while buckled in the car seat in the event of a crash. It also has an easy to use LATCH system though, along with the ability to recline the seat in either rear or forward-facing modes, which set it apart from some others that only allow reclining while in the rear-facing mode.
With two cup holders, one on each side of the seat, your baby can have his or her sippy cup close by, but if you’re strapped for the extra space that cup holders require, you can turn them in to allow for more space in your back seat. Another quality that sets this one above some other similar car seats.
- Weight Guidelines: When rear-facing, your baby should be 5-40 pounds, when forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and when in the belt-positioning booster they should be from 30-100 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Thanks to its slim design, you can potentially fit three of these car seats across the back seat of your car.
- The Not So Great: Without LATCH anchors in your car, it can be difficult to accurately and securely install the car seat.
- Price: On Amazon, the Graco SlimFit All-in-One Convertible Car Seat is $204. Check out the latest prices
5. Evenflo SafeMax Platinum All-In-One Convertible
Evenflo is another brand which seems to surpass many others regarding all of the all-in-one car seats it offers, including the Evenflo SafeMax Platinum All-in-One Convertible Car Seat.
With this one, you’ll get a plush and safe car seat that can be used from infancy all the way up to 120 pounds, which does put it above the majority of other seats on this list regarding longevity. Besides that, the car seat has been rollover tested to keep children tightly buckled in during crashes and boasts an impact absorbing headrest as well.
It also has fabric that won’t overheat your child during long car rides and covers over the buckles to prevent them from overheating as well and potentially burning your child. In a way, they’ve thought of almost everything with this particular seat.
- Weight Guidelines: The rear-facing mode is for babies from 5-40 pounds, the forward-facing option is suitable for toddlers from 22-65 pounds, and the high back belt-positioning mode is for those who are 40-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
- The Best Part: The little fabric covers over the buckles can be the difference between a hot and potentially harmful car seat and total comfort for your child.
- The Not So Great: The installation can be tricky, with or without the anchor clips.
- Price: On Amazon, the Evenflo SafeMax Platinum All-in-One Convertible Car Seat is about $165. Check out the latest prices
6. Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible
The Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible might seem like it’s only meant for toddlers and older children, but it is, in fact, another car seat that can be used for your baby right from the start.
It has side impact protection, as to be expected, but also a headrest that can extend up 12 different positions to support your growing child. The real kicker, however, is that when you need to take it on the go or even on an airplane, the car seat folds up for easy transportation or storage. And, like just a handful of other all-in-one car eats, you may be able to fit three of these across your back seat with ease.
- Weight Guidelines: The rear-facing mode is for babies from 5-45 pounds, front-facing is for children 20-65 pounds, and the forward-facing belt-positioning booster seat is for kids who are 50-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The Best Part: Being able to fold up the car seat can make air travel a lot easier for parents.
- The Not So Great: At $300, the price might not be in everyone’s budget for a car seat, even if it does offer plenty.
- Price: On Amazon, the Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible is about $300. Check out the latest prices
Final Thoughts on the Best All in One Car Seats
Unsurprisingly, there are some pretty solid all-in-one convertible car seats on this particular list. Yes, some may be a little less affordable than others, but some of them really could be in your general car seat budget.
The whole point of a convertible all-in-one car seat is not to have to buy multiple car seats throughout the first few years of your child’s life. If you have to spend a little extra to ensure that you won’t be purchasing multiple car seats for the different car seat stages, it just might be worth it.
Of these top all-in-one car seats, there isn’t one that stands out more than others, but for the most part, any of these are solid choices for your child from infancy and past the toddler years.
Further Car Seat Research
- Baby Car Seat Recalls This Year: Definitely worth keeping tabs on before you purchase (we update frequently).
- Best Travel Car Seats: If you do a lot of traveling or just want a good travel option in reserve, this is THE list to check.