- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - May 23, 2023
- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
One of the hardest things to do at the beginning of parenthood is potty training your child, so why not do it with the Summer Infant My Size Potty?
Potty training is the first thing that toddlers don’t learn on their own, like crawling, walking, or talking. Instead, it’s up to you as the parent to help your toddler learn how to use the potty and feel comfortable doing so, and in that case, a portable potty or a trainer seat comes perfect.
You’d think that anything would be more comfortable than sitting in soiled diapers, but sometimes it takes a little longer for some toddlers to get that.
To get the most out of the experience of potty training your toddler, the Summer Infant Potty is a unique potty trainer and convenient option. Instead of being your standard toddler training potty, it’s designed to mimic the real thing right off the bat in the perfect size for boys and girls.
You’ll still need to empty out the basin after your child uses the potty, but it does have a lever to flush that makes an actual flushing sound. And there’s even a spot on the top of the miniature potty to put wipes for bigger bathroom messes.
The potty is also a totally unisex potty training chair. It can be used for little ones who are learning how to sit down or stand up as they go. And for little ones who need it, there’s even a slip-on splash guard to keep messes contained. But even if your toddler gets a little clumsy, it’s easy to wipe the potty clean and remove the plastic bowl for disinfecting.
It may not be the most revolutionary child-sized potty ever designed, but the Summer Infant My Size Potty is a unique take on a tried and sometimes lackluster toddler potty. You can purchase it on the Summer Infant website directly here. on Amazon or in-store at Walmart.
Table of Contents
- 1 Features of the Summer Infant Potty
- 2 Alternatives to the Summer Infant Potty – How Others Compare
- 3 Fisher-Price Learn-To-Flush Potty
- 4 KIDPAR Potty Training Seat
- 5 Naty Clean Potty
- 6 Contours Bravo 3-In-1 Potty System
- 7 The Final Flush on the Summer Infant Potty
Features of the Summer Infant Potty
- For boys who haven’t yet learned how to stand up and pee, there’s a splash guard you can add to the bowl on the mini potty chair.
- The top of the potty has a wipe compartment to refill as needed and keep your child clean after each use.
- You can easily remove the bowl itself for easy cleaning each time.
- Once your little one has gone potty, there’s a small flush lever that looks and feels like the real thing.
- It even has a flip-top lid and seat like any other actual adult-sized toilet.
- The potty has such a realistic look and comfort that eventually transitioning to the real thing should be more comfortable for your toddler.
- Your little one can also use the potty as a step stool of sorts when the lid is down and while supervised.
- With a splash guard, your son can use the potty too, even before he learns to use it standing up.
- Cleaning the Summer Infant My Size Potty is a breeze since you can take the bowl out of the potty itself any time you need to clean it out.
- The back of the “tank” opens up to allow for a little storage, aside from wipes.
- The trainer seat design is unique and fun, but it can be a little on the small side for older or bigger toddlers.
- Even with non-slip pads on the bottom, the potty still shifts ever so slightly when little ones sit on it and get back up.
- Although there is a convenient splash guard, it may sometimes slip off.
Is This Product Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls for the Summer Infant My Size Potty.
Alternatives to the Summer Infant Potty – How Others Compare
Fisher-Price Learn-To-Flush Potty
The Fisher-Price Learn-To-Flush Potty looks a lot more endearing than almost any other toddler potty out there, but it’s just as effective. It, too, has a flushable handle and when your little one uses it after using the potty, it makes realistic and perfect fun sounds.
There’s also a little light up the window with a smiley face to help your little guy or girl feel at ease as they use the potty. Speaking of which, for boys, there’s a splash guard, much like with the Summer Infant My Size Potty.
But what makes this one a little more unique and special is that once your child is ready for the adult-sized potty, the removable seat can come off the potty to place on top of that. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- The lights and sounds make going o the potty fun, especially for toddlers who are new at it.
- It grows with your child since you can take off the ring seat and place it on the adult toilet once your little one is ready.
- The potty is also plenty affordable, especially since it offers your child an interactive way to go potty.
- Thanks to the little flush lever, the Fisher-Price potty also helps teach your toddler how to flush so they can do it later on with the actual toilet.
- There are times when the lights and sounds will inexplicably go off at any hours of the day and night.
- It can be a hassle to take the inner bowl out to clean after each use.
- The potty is relatively low to the ground, which means that taller toddlers might be a little uncomfortable.
Is This Product Recalled?
There are no recent, or current recalls on the Fisher-Price Learn-To-Flush Potty.
KIDPAR Potty Training Seat
Unlike so many other mini toddler potties, the KIDPAR Potty Training Seat is designed to get your child on the actual toilet right away. It has one large step that allows your younger or older toddler to climb them to use the potty ring that fits right over your toilet bowl.
This enables your potty training toddler to get used to the toilet right from the start while also using a seat that’s better suited for him or her. It can be safely and properly used on any size and shape toilet bowl except for square, and the bottom of the feat have non-skid material.
There is also little grip handles on either side of the potty seat itself for your child to hold onto each time they use the potty.
- The one-step can be adjusted to be higher or lower depending on your child’s height.
- The handles on either side of the potty make it easy for your child to feel safe and comfortable when using it.
- Since it isn’t a toilet bowl itself, it’s fairly easy to clean the KIDPAR Potty Training Seat.
- Your child from 24 months to eight years old can get plenty of use out of it.
- Since you can only buy it on Amazon, you won’t be able to see it in person first, which can be a deal-breaker for some.
- Although the potty seat and step fold down for storage, it’s still a little bulky when not in use.
- For some younger or smaller toddlers, the opening at the top of the potty might be too big.
Is This Product Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls for the KIDPAR Potty Training Seat.
Naty Clean Potty
Other than simply looking sleek and modern, the Naty Clean Potty is designed to help your toddler learn and feel comfortable with the process of potty training. In fact, it may also be the most parent-friendly toddler potty there is.
Instead of having a bowl that needs to be cleaned or rinsed after each use, the potty comes with flushable liners that you remove and flush down the toilet after your toddler goes potty.
It also has a non-skid rubber base to prevent it from sliding around the bathroom floor. Your toddler up to 50 pounds can use the potty, and since it has biodegradable and environmentally friendly materials, you won’t have to worry about adding extra waste after your child goes potty each time.
You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- The appearance of the potty is unique in its sleek and aesthetically pleasing design.
- You won’t have to scrub out the inside of the potty since there are flushable liners that come with it.
- If you want to clean it out, though, the potty comes apart fairly easy to do so.
- The height is reasonable for most toddlers, whether they’re at the beginning or near the end of the potty training process.
- Some parents may not love the liners since you have to change them out after they’re soiled.
- It is a little more round than other toddler potties, so it can take up a bit more room, depending on the bathroom.
- The top of the potty seat tends to stick to children momentarily when they stand up.
Is This Product Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls on the Naty Clean Potty.
Contours Bravo 3-In-1 Potty System
The Contours Bravo 3-In-1 Potty System is another one that’s designed in a sleek way and easy to clean. It doesn’t come with convenient liners to take out each time, but the small inner bowl can be easily taken out for easy cleaning.
It also grows with your child on their potty training journey. They can first use it as a standard training potty and then as a seat to go over the toilet seat with a little step stool along with it.
And when you need to move the potty from place to place or room to room, there’s a convenient handle on the back. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- The splash guard is extra-large, which means fewer messes from little boys.
- Once your child is ready to graduate to using the seat on top of the adult-sized toilet, the other part of the potty is a perfect step stool.
- It’s easy to move the potty around the room or store it under the sink when it’s not in use.
- Since there’s non-skid rubber on the bottom, you won’t have to worry about the potty sliding all over the bathroom floor.
- If your child gets up quickly or roughly, the potty can stick to them and move as well, causing a big mess.
- It’s easy to accidentally spill the small bucket when taking it out of the seat.
- Shorter or younger toddlers might find it a little difficult to get on the potty on their own at first.
Is This Product Recalled?
There are no current or recent recalls on the Contours Bravo 3-In-1 Potty System.
The Final Flush on the Summer Infant Potty
Overall, there aren’t many toddler potties that directly resemble the Summer Infant My Size Potty. There are, however, options that make potty training, in general, a smoother process for both parents and children. When it comes to the design and convenience of this particular potty, though, it’s definitely at the top of its game.
Whether your little one is at the beginning of the potty training process or almost ready to graduate to the actual toilet in your bathroom, this is a perfect step to that point.
Further Reading: Find the Best Toddler Potty Chairs Ranked and Rated