- Baby Dry vs Swaddlers Diapers : Parent’s Guide - May 26, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best C-Section Scar Creams - May 20, 2022
- Solly vs Moby Baby Wrap : Which Baby Wrap Is Best? - May 20, 2022
A standard full-sized stroller that can be used from infancy to toddlerhood is all well and good, but umbrella strollers offer a different kind of convenience that parents will need at some point. Overall, they are more lightweight, less bulky, and in some cases, even easier to maneuver.
Like the Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller and the Jeep North Star Stroller, for example. They take the umbrella stroller concept up a few notches but still maintain some of the premium usefulness that full-sized strollers offer.
So what are the main differences between the Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller vs. Jeep North Star Stroller? They are both like umbrella strollers that have upped the ante and right off the bat, you can see that in both of them. The Summer Mini stroller and Jeep umbrella stroller have some stark differences and similarities, all of which we’ll explore in this article.
They might seem like an almost standard umbrella stroller, but they offer so much more in terms of longevity, durability, and overall convenience. They also offer just a bit more safety features and reinforcements. But while they both offer plenty, there are some big differences to consider.
The Summer Infant, for example, has a fabric console pouch that stretched the width of the handlebar for your access and convenience. While the Jeep North Star has a pouch of its own, it isn’t quite as big, although there is a handy cup holder that is placed off to the side and out of the way.
The Summer Infant is a little bit more affordable and sometimes, even a few dollars makes a big difference for parents. On the other hand, the Jeep North Star not only collapses down but also comes with a detachable carrying parent bag.
When it comes to each stroller’s actual weight, however, they weigh virtually the same and are both pretty lightweight. This makes it that much easier to take either stroller with you on the go. But besides those big qualities, there are plenty of other benefits and aspects that set both strollers apart from each other.
- 1 Main Differences Between Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller vs Jeep North Star Stroller
- 2 Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller
- 3 Jeep North Star Stroller
- 4 Final Thoughts
Main Differences Between Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller vs Jeep North Star Stroller
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: The Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller is for children up to 45 pounds, while the Jeep North Star Stroller is for little ones up to 40 pounds.
- Price: While the difference isn’t too vast, the Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller is a few dollars cheaper.
- Storage: The Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller has a storage basket underneath, while the Jeep North Star doesn’t.
- Feature: The Jeep North Star Stroller comes with a detachable carrying bag for extra storage.
Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller
As the name suggests, the Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenient Stroller is designed for your ease of use as well as your kid’s comfort and longevity. It has a handy storage basket underneath that is just big enough to store your diaper bag if needed.
And while it doesn’t have a plastic sturdy console for parents, it does have a fabric pouch to easily access your essentials while you push your baby in the stroller. It also has an extra-large sun shade canopy to keep your little one shielded from the elements when you are out and about. To make your baby’s ride smooth and easy, the stroller has anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
And since the stroller itself is just 11 pounds, it’s easy to carry it with you when it is folded up and your little one isn’t in it. There are also multiple recline positions to keep your little one safe and comfortable as they grow and the five-point safety harness comes with padded shoulder straps.
Although the stroller is slim and lightweight, there’s no reason you can’t get literal years of use out of it. And when you would rather not lug around a full-sized stroller, this is an easy alternative and a happy medium between a less involved umbrella stroller and a full-sized option.
- Parent Features: The stroller has a convenient storage basket underneath, two cup holders, easy folding capabilities, and a storage pouch near the handlebar.
- Safety: It has anti-shock front wheels, a five-point safety harness, and multiple recline positions to keep your growing baby safe and comfortable.
- Child Weight Range: The stroller is designed for little ones up to 45 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Target.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this stroller.
- There are multiple different recline positions.
- The stroller is slim and lightweight for easy transportation.
- It comes with a zipper compartment on the back to keep your own essentials safe and out of the way.
- There is also a storage basket underneath.
- The large sun canopy has an extender to add even more coverage.
- When folded up, the latch that is supposed to keep it closed isn’t as tight and secure as you might hope for it to be.
- The storage basket underneath could be a little larger.
- It can sometimes be difficult to fold up the stroller.
“I just got this stroller for my granddaughter who is one and a half and weighs almost 24 pounds. It was very easy to put together and use. She climbed in it right away. We went for a walk for an hour or so. First off I was not expecting the pouch with cup holders. Was great! Held her cup great and could hold my Tervis cup easily. It will also hold everything I need for her. The space underneath is decent size it will hold her smaller diaper bag which is great for us. The wheels rolled very easy and smooth.” – Matthew Floyd on Amazon.
“I love how lightweight the stroller is. It is very easy to assemble as all you have to do is snap the wheels on. Love that the visor goes down far enough to keep the sun out of my son’s face and also block the wind. Easy to clean. And the storage compartment is nylon so if it were to get wet is will dry easily and quickly.” – Christina Moore on Amazon.
“I’m happily surprised with this stroller. It’s pretty good quality for an umbrella stroller and has a lot of features that most don’t… all at a better price than many of the others! It has cup holders for the adults, a small storage area underneath, and the seat is able to recline (not a ton, but better than nothing!) It’s very easy to use.” – Ryan Carpus on Amazon.
“This was the best stroller I could have asked for our seven-day vacation in NYC with a 19-month-old!! It had a surprising amount of storage space for how small it was! The first day it felt a little hard to steer and I was bummed, but it just needed to be broken in a bit. Now we’re home, and I’ve used it for more of our outings than I do our usual heavy duty stroller!” – Laura on Amazon.
Jeep North Star Stroller
The Jeep North Star Stroller is quite similar to the Summer Infant umbrella stroller in design, weight, and even close to the same weight limit. But it also has a hard plastic cup holder for your convenience that is easy to access.
There is a little storage pouch on the back as well as a removable parent carrying bag. So even though it doesn’t have a storage basket underneath, you can put some of your baby’s necessities in the detachable carrying storage bag on the back of the stroller. It also has a three-point safety harness for your baby’s comfort as they grow and continue to use the stroller.
The sunshade canopy is extra large to provide shade from the elements, even for smaller babies. And in addition to the footrest which keeps your little one’s feet in place, there is a calf rest on the back to keep your child’s legs from dangling off the stroller uncomfortably. Plus, the handles are extra long for taller parents and covered in comfortable foam.
Jeep Umbrella Stroller Features
- Parent Features: It has a detachable carrying storage bag, convenient cup holder, and extra long foam-covered handlebars.
- Safety: The stroller is made with a three-point safety harness and is certified to meet or exceed all safety standards.
- Child Weight Range: It’s designed for little ones up to 40 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can primarily find it on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this stroller.
- It is lightweight for easy traveling whether your little one is in the stroller or not.
- The first times you use the stroller, the wheels might be a little squeaky.
- The dual rear brakes add to the overall safety of the stroller.
- It’s also tall enough for taller parents to be able to comfortably use the stroller.
- The maneuverability is smooth.
- There is no storage basket underneath.
- Although it accommodates children up to 40 pounds, that does place it lower on the spectrum than the Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller.
- Unlike some other similar strollers, this one doesn’t have a five-point safety harness.
“Excellent stroller! If you’re tall or If you don’t want to bend over awkwardly to push an umbrella stroller this is the one for you. This is our second one purchased. Made tough great coverage from the sun or rain. Turns effortlessly. It’s a great little lightweight stroller and the price is well worth what you’re getting!” – J.A. Santiago on Amazon.
“Have had this stroller for about two months now. Love the height of the handles, lightweight, smooth turns and easy to push. Also really like that the canopy has little push down levers to lock it in when using. The only thing I really wish it had is shoulder straps. My son tends to bend down and want to reach for front wheels. The basket is pretty small but it’s nice that it comes with a clip on travel bag, I just load what I need for him in there.” – Lizette Krumm on Amazon.
“I waited and researched the best lightweight stroller for my two year old. This Jeep lightweight was with the wait!! It’s sturdy so we feel safe with her in it but it’s super light, easy to store and great quality. Great buy!” – April J. Mann on Amazon.
“Ordered this stroller based on reviews and am very happy I did. I was looking for a lightweight stroller with handles that Are higher. This was that lightweight(a little heavier) like typical umbrella strollers but height like a larger stroller. No more leaning over here! Moves very well! Very happy with the purchase.” – JoAnn E. on Amazon.
At first glance, it might be hard to figure out the better choice between the Summer Infant 3D Mini Convenience Stroller and the Jeep North Star Stroller.
They are both umbrella strollers that offer a little something extra, but at the end of the day, the stronger option is the Jeep North Star Stroller. It offers a smooth ride, great maneuverability, and additional storage in the back that you won’t find with many other similar strollers.
There might not be a basket underneath, but you can take the storage bag off the back if you need to carry it with you on the go instead of keeping it attached to the stroller. Plus, the handlebars are extra tall and cushioned with foam so parents and caregivers of all sizes can comfortably push the Jeep umbrella stroller. It is also so lightweight and compact that traveling with it is a total breeze. Overall, you just can’t ignore how useful it is for parents and little ones alike.
When you are in need of a top-notch umbrella stroller, you can’t really go wrong with either of these options. Sometimes a full-sized stroller just doesn’t cut it and no one loves to lug around a big and bulky stroller if they don’t have to.
But when it’s all said and done, the Jeep North Star Stroller is the stronger option for any little one who is ready to use a stroller like this. It is made with your baby’s comfort in mind, but also your own convenience as a parent, and overall, you have to appreciate all that it offers.