Last Updated on
Before you even have to wonder, no cream on Earth will completely get rid of stretch marks after having a baby. That’s not how it works, as much as any new mom might wish that weren’t the case. There are, however, creams that can help repair some of the stretched and damage skin and at least soothe and start to repair some of your stretch marks after having a baby.
Again, creams like the Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter aren’t meant to be cure-alls in any way, but they can indeed promote elasticity in an area that might seem like more flab than ab after having your baby. Lotion and other similar creams can’t replace a proper diet and exercise, but with the Tummy Butter, you can at least get off to the right start even before your baby arrives.
With the Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter, you can use the cream during and after your pregnancy to prevent and then treat postpartum stretch marks. The marks themselves are inevitable, so it only makes sense to want to try out the cream that has vitamins A and E and essential fatty acids to help repair the skin after giving birth. Because of the vitamins in the cream, it can help minimize the appearance of new stretch marks and can even help soothe the itchy spot left behind long after your C-section scar has healed.
Due to the lotion’s ability to penetrate skin and lock in moisture, for the most part, it can help prevent more stretch marks while also making some of your current ones fade away. So no, it won’t magically make all of your stretch marks disappear, but the Tummy Butter comes as close to that as possible.
- 1 Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream
- 2 Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
- 3 DermaSafe Stretch Mark Removal Cream
- 4 Mommy Knows Best Stretch Mark Vanishing Cream
- It’s made with essential oils, vitamins A and E, and contains fatty acids meant to help repair your stretch marks.
- As a regular lotion, it also helps to lock in moisture and maintain your skin’s elasticity.
- The lotion can be used on C-sections cars to help soothe the itch that will eventually come once the incision has healed.
- It also soothes red or irritated skin caused by the sensitive skin during pregnancy or sunburn.
- After you’ve had your baby, the cream can help prevent even more stretch marks from forming.
- The Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter has a citrus aroma to it that isn’t too overpowering, but also adds something extra while using it.
- It’s made with plenty of nutrients necessary for working at repairing your damaged skin.
- After just one use, some mothers might already notice that their skin feels softer and more supple.
- You’ll need only a little bit at a time to go a long way, which will help keep you from using all of the Tummy Butter up at once.
- $40 for one jar of the cream isn’t exactly in everyone’s budget for a stretch mark cream.
- For those with particularly sensitive skin, the lotion could make your stomach itchy or irritated.
- For best results, you might have to apply lotion more than once per day, which can add up quickly over time.
How Others Compare
Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream
At its core, the Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream is designed to help prevent and diminish the appearance of stretch marks by using its formulated blend of nutrients and minerals to penetrate deep in the skin.
It’s meant to provide a deep feeling of hydration while also bringing relief to dry and itchy or stretch marked skin. It’s the blend of Vitamins E, C, B3, and B5 with Seaweed as well as plant stem cells and other ingredients that work together to enable the cream to stimulate new collagen within your body to help smooth out stretch marks and make them fade away over time. And what’s more is that even after you’ve finished using it to treat and prevent stretch mark, you can still use it for general hydrating of your skin.
- In addition to working with your stretch marks, the cream also makes your skin generally smoother as well.
- For some women, results can appear in as little as two weeks, which are the kinds of effects most moms look forward to.
- After using it, the cream will absorb relatively quickly, so you won’t have to worry about it leaving your skin too greasy or wet when getting dressed.
- The jar can likely last two months for some moms, meaning it’s economically worth a shot to try out.
- For some women, the smell can be pretty intense.
- You may need to regularly use and continue to use the cream to keep the stretch marks and scars from returning.
- The consistency of the cream might be thicker than some women prefer and therefore harder to properly rub into the skin.
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
As a stretch mark cream, Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter is made with cocoa, shea, and jojoba butter to nourish and hydrate your skin while also working to smooth out stretch marks. Not only is it made to provide smooth skin where our stretch marks are now, but it’s also meant to provide comfort and relief each time you use.
And, of course, it certainly helps that it comes from the trusted Burt’s Bees brand that has already formulated lotions and lip balms to help with other kinds of dry or irritated skin. You can also take comfort in knowing that the rich belly butter is made without parabens, petroleum, or phthalates. You can use it both during and after your pregnancy for even more results.
- After applying the Belly Butter, you’ll find that it absorbs quite quickly in your skin.
- In addition to making some stretch marks fade away, it will also help soothe the itchiness that comes with a growing pregnant belly.
- Since it isn’t a thick kind of cream, the Belly Butter can dry a little faster on the skin.
- For some, the smell of the lotion might be too strong to handle in large doses.
- The feel of the cream might be a little greasy or slippery for some, as opposed to the thick butter that some might expect.
- It can sometimes clog the pores instead of nourishing the skin.
DermaSafe Stretch Mark Removal Cream
Since the DermaSafe Stretch Mark Removal Cream is also made to help diminish the appearance of other scars related to things like acne or injury, you can be sure they will work hard for your stretch marks. Like the Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter, it won’t make pregnancy and post-pregnancy stretch marks disappear, but it will repair the skin with the peptides and its natural ingredients of arnica, cucumber, elderberries, and wood mallow.
And with this particular cream, it can be used for almost anything else related to your skin, as it can also moisturize deep down in your skin and can even be used as a wrinkle cream on your face. And of course, it’s especially helpful that the formula has a non-greasy but entirely creamy feel to it.
- It’s not as oily or as thick as some other similar stretch mark body butters out there.
- Even those with sensitive skin should be able to use the lotion without worry of breaking out or having other skin complications.
- For the most part, it absorbs into the skin quickly.
- The scent is also subtle enough to even the most sensitive noses.
- While the cream may work to moisturize your skin, it’s not necessarily guaranteed to help with any and all stretch marks.
- It can, at times, be more sticky than creamy for a lotion.
- Since it might take some time before you start to see any significant changes, the cream may not be enough of a value.
Mommy Knows Best Stretch Mark Vanishing Cream
Just in case you have any doubts about the Mommy Knows Best Stretch Mark Vanishing Cream, it has a clinically tested and proven formula that will help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, redness, and other kinds of blotches on the skin.
Some of the core ingredients that help penetrate your skin and smooth it out are vitamin E, retinol, jojoba, cocoa, shea, and mango butter. And while the cream is meant to do away with stretch marks from during and after your pregnancy, it can be used just as a moisturizer as well. It’s also proven to improve the tightness, elasticity, and firmness of your skin around the areas that have stretch marks. But just in case you do get rid of the marks, the cream can still be used as a deep moisturizer that’s sure to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- With the proven clinical studies, it’s hard to ignore the results that are almost guaranteed to come from using the cream.
- While working to smooth and fade away your stretch marks, the cream will also leave your skin feeling softer than ever.
- At just $17, the cream is likely one of the least expensive stretch mark lotions on the market right now.
- The smell might be overpowering for some pregnant ladies who are dealing with nausea.
- Even after thoroughly rubbing in the cream, it can leave your skin feeling sticky afterward.
- There’s a chance that after applying the cream and then getting dressed, the cream itself could absorb into and stain your clothes.
There’s never going to be a perfect stretch mark cream or one that magically makes all of the blemishes go away or entirely smooth out. But with the Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter, you at least get the chance to try and make that happen for you.
When compared to other similar products, the cream is definitely at the top of its game regarding its ingredient and even the fact that it can still moisturize your skin even if it doesn’t seem to be working for you with your stretch marks. At the end of the day, the cream isn’t a steadfast necessity, but having a baby changes the body in ways no one can expect. If all you need is some Tummy Butter to help you feel more in control of your body again and, at the very least, it nourishes your skin, then there’s certainly no harm in it.