Pretty much everyone knows what a Boppy Lounger Pillow is, and the benefits of having such a pillow to act as a safe and comfortable pillow lounger for babies of varying ages.
But because those geniuses in the baby product industry want to keep parents on their toes, there are always new and exciting innovations for little ones, like lounger pillows
- 1 Main Differences Between the Snuggle Me vs DockaTot
- 2 Snuggle Me Organic Cotton Lounger
- 3 What is the DockATot?
- 4 Reviews
- 5 The Verdict on the DockaTot vs Snuggle Me
- 6 Final Thoughts: Snuggle Me or Dockatot?
- 7 FAQ About DockATot and Sleepyhead
Main Differences Between the Snuggle Me vs DockaTot
The main differences between the Snuggle Me and DockaTot are:
- The DockaTot comes with patented breathable mesh fabric, whereas the Snuggle Me does not
- The Snuggle Me is Certified Organic cotton, whereas the DockaTot is not
- The DockaTot is slightly larger and suitable for up to 8 months, whereas the Snuggle Me only goes up to 6 months
Or, in this case, the Snuggle Me vs. DockaTot, which are both reliable and comfortable baby loungers to help keep your baby comfortable. In the same time, they are providing a spot to practice tummy time throughout the day.
These loungers are beneficial for accessing diaper changing pads on your living room floor. It is a spot to snuggle, and a perfect nap spot for younger babies who will still nap pretty much anywhere.
Pro Tip! These are also great as a Travel Crib alternative where sleeping situations aren’t necessarily known in advance.
Of course, there are going to be differences between the two loungers. For example, the convenient handles on the sides of the DockaTot that the Snuggle Me doesn’t seem to have. Or the fact that the Snuggle Me is less expensive than the DockaTot, which can sometimes be one of the main deciding factors.
You may never have literally everything you want or everything your baby needs in one of these. However, after looking at what they both have to offer, you’ll certainly be that much closer to knowing both products inside and out.
With both the Snuggle Me and DockaTot, you’ll get comfort and functionality, and it is a matter time figuring which one is the best one for your baby.
High Level View: I prefer the slightly higher quality DockaTot available here as it has breathable fabric and a more durable (longer lasting) construction.
Continue reading for the full analysis…
Snuggle Me Organic Cotton Lounger
The Snuggle Me infant Lounger is more than just a random cushioned place to put your infant to nap in the middle of the day.
By hugging your baby close, the lounger almost recreates the feeling of being in the womb and without any added buckles or straps. It provides a safe and comfortable environment to help soothe your baby.
The outer padding of the infant sleep lounger (baby lounger) is designed to naturally keep your baby in place as sleep positioners while laying in the lounger and the unpadded center where your baby’s body will actually be is essentially suspended to be able to pull in at the sides and hug your baby, so to speak (you can add a mattress pad if you need it).
Basically, it has a hammock design, which adds a certain amount of comfort for your baby during nap times.
But since it does have a pillow surrounding all four sides, you’ll also get four different ways for your baby to practice tummy time. This can be like an added bonus.
You can also safely place the Snuggle Me on the floor. In addition, you can get down to snuggle with your newborn without any of the dangers that can come from placing them in bed next to you. It comes with a canvas bag for easy and safe traveling, and when you need to wash the exterior cover, it zips off.
Features of the Snuggle Me
- Age Range: The Snuggle Me is designed to fit babies as a newborn lounger to infant lounger, from 0-6 months old.
- Materials Used: It’s made with a certified organic cotton as well as a virgin polyester fiberfill
- Size: The dimensions of the lounger are 29 x 18 x 4 inches, with the center sling being 20 x 8 inches.
- Price: On Amazon, the Snuggle Me is $140.
Where To Buy: You can purchase it from the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon
- With the size of the lounger, you can fit it comfortably in the Halo Bassinet bedside sleeper. Although, it’s still recommended that you keep a close eye on your baby while on the lounger regardless as the walls are not nearly as high as crib bumpers.
- The way the middle of the lounger acts as a hammock makes for a comfortable back sleeping position and could even reduce acid reflux in babies.
- Since it hugs your baby close to recreate a womb feeling with the moulded bumpers, it may be the perfect solution for babies who have trouble napping on their own.
- With a canvas travel bag, it’s easy to take the Snuggle Me with you on the go as a bedside sleeper as opposed to worrying about a bassinet or portable crib when away from home.
- Exterior cover is machine washable, dryer safe on tumble dry
- No toxic flame retardants
- Depending on your baby’s size and growth rate, he or he could potentially outgrow the Snuggle Me in a matter of months.
- Unlike the DockaTot, which you can find in the store, the primary way to purchase the Snuggle Me is online.
- Since the fabric is soft and not very breathable, your baby may get a little overheated while laying in the Snuggle Me for long periods of time.
“Bought this when the baby was 5 weeks because he wouldn’t sleep in the cosleeper and would only sleep on us. This did the trick to make him feel cradled even after being put down. He is now 4 months and we are still using it. He is getting tall however and we will probably transition away from it soon. But it was a lifesaver in those early weeks when sleep was hard to come by.” – Khaila B. Edward on Amazon.
“Love this Co-Sleeper! I did some research on this product before purchasing and I must say this was the best decision we made. It’s nice and snug. My baby fits perfectly inside. Never rolled out at birth and my baby is now 2 months old.” – Ayo Thomas on Amazon.
“Snuggle Me Organic gave me such a peace of mind when we brought our son home almost 3 weeks ago. He sleeps very soundly in it and I do not have to worry about him rolling around. It fits in our bassinet so I have it beside the couch or bed whenever I am sleeping. I highly recommend this product.” – Dana Burke on Amazon.
“We transitioned baby to his crib at 9 weeks per the recommendation of our physician. Thankfully we had one of these to put him in so he still could get nice snuggles and didn’t act like a turtle on his back in his big crib. This works nicely for travel too and it also keeps baby warm so you don’t need as many blankets.” – Jaimie Herrick on Amazon.
What is the DockATot?
Like the Snuggle Me, the DockaTot Lounger is designed for tummy time, naps, relaxing, snuggling, and even diaper changes, not to mention actual SLEEP. So, in that respect, both products are easily comparable.
What you might notice about the DockaTot right off the bat are the many designs that come pre-printed on the sides of the lounger. You can purchase separate covers for it if you wish, but there are already plenty of prints to choose from that really personalize it and make it a welcome addition to your living room, bedroom, or nursery (even in a toddler bed or crib). It’s also no big secret that stark white baby products attract and show the most stains, however, minimal, so it’s a win-win in that respect.
The DockaTot also has a bag to put the lounger in when you want to take it somewhere or simply don’t want to leave it out to attract germs, stains, or pet fur.
The actual design is, again, similar to that of the Snuggle Me, but the DockaTot also has the option to unbuckle the bottom where the pillow circles near the feet and instead have that area open for your baby’s feet to lay flat instead of on the actual pillow that surrounds the inner pad. And when you do want to take it on trips or even carry it throughout your home to place in another room, there are convenient handles on three sides of the lounger for your added convenience.
Note: There are generally 2 different versions, the DockaTot Deluxe (0-8 months) and the Docktatot Grand Tot (9-36 months), just FYI!
Features of the DockaTot
- Age Range: The DockaTot is recommended for babies from 0-8 months old and 5-22 pounds.
- Materials Used: The cover is made from 100% organic cotton, the tube is 100% polyester, and the actual pad is 100% polyester.
- Size: It is 18 x 29-34 inches, being 29 inches with the clasps closed at the feet and 34 inches with them open.
- Price: On Amazon, AND be sure to check with DockATot directly here.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website here and on Amazon
- The materials used in the lounger, primarily in the pad, are breathable, so your baby is less likely to overheat while lounging, playing, or sleeping in the DockaTot.
- Since it’s designed for babies up to eight months of age, you’ll be able to get use out of it for longer than other loungers.
- Your baby will be able to feel the sides of the tube-like pillow, which will likely give him or her some comfort while sleeping.
- It also promotes easy and safe co-sleeping, but it’s still recommended to take all precautions when using the DockaTot for that.
- At around $185 as of this writing, it may be a little pricey for some families and out of their general price range.
- While the inner pad of the Snuggle Me stretches and curves to your baby’s body like a hammock, the pad of the DockaTot is a lot less intricate and therefore may not be as comfortable for some infants.
“Amazing product, great quality and super easy to take with us to friends houses (Park or wherever) to lay out little dude down. I would most certainly buy this again or recommend it to any new parent.” – Aly Hood on Amazon.
“Love this! It’s the perfect bed for our little one! This way he can sleep with us without worry! It’s lightweight and easy to travel with so he feels at home wherever we go and can sleep easily! I would recommend a DockaTot for ALL babies!” – Sally on Amazon.
“I love this item! Even my husband raves about it! It is not a miracle worker and did not make my daughter sleep through the night. However, it is so convenient! We travel ALL the time for work and play and it is SO nice to have a consistent place for my daughter to sleep and lounge.” – Ashley Bridges on Amazon.
“Honestly the best thing for my newborn! This was the only thing I wanted from my baby shower and even though I didn’t get it as a gift, I just purchased it and it is honestly the best! My baby sleeps sooooo well and comfortably throughout the night and I am not afraid she’s going to roll over or anything!” – Karla Pesigan on Amazon.
The Verdict on the DockaTot vs Snuggle Me
If cost is the number one factor in making your decision between the Snuggle Me vs the DockaTot, then, by all means, try out the Snuggle Me.
If you’re willing to pay a little more for more convenience, comfort, and overall longevity, however, then the DockaTot could very well suit you best. You’ll likely be able to use the DockaTot longer than the Snuggle Me and its breathable fabric makes it a lot easier to deal with. This especially during the warmer months.
Plus, you can opt to have the bottom open by your baby’s feet, which may be more comfortable for him or her and definitely adds to the tummy time aspect of the lounger.
Overall, though, despite being a tad pricier, the DockaTot is going to be the stronger choicebetween the two and is definitely worth a second glance.
Final Thoughts: Snuggle Me or Dockatot?
Even if you didn’t know what a baby lounger pad was before this, it’s hard to look back now.
Both the Snuggle Me and DockaTot offer a comfortable and safe option for providing extra convenient comfort to your baby, even if one has more important qualities over the other one. When looking at them both, though, you have to figure out what is most important for your baby and how long you plan to even use it.
Ultimately, it’s your decision, but regardless, your baby will thank you with lots of uninterrupted naps for going with a lounger like these at all.
Bottom Line: I lean towards the DockaTot available here. It has the added benefit of breathable fabric and is more durable (good if you plan to have more little ones!).
Further Reading on Baby Co Sleeper and Sleep Positioner Options
- Sleepyhead vs DockATot Compared
- Best DockATot Baby Lounger Alternatives
- Arms Reach Co-Sleeper Review
- Best Bassinets for C-Section Moms
- Best Baby Beds for Travel
- Best Bassinets for Twins
- Best Baby Nap Mat Sleep Products
- Find the Best Pack n Play with These Options
FAQ About DockATot and Sleepyhead
No, the Sleepyhead is similar to the DockATot but there are some important differences which I’ve covered here.
The DockATot is generally safer than co-sleeping WITHOUT any bed, but experts still caution that any form of Co-Sleeping (whether a Moses basket, Sleepyhead, Snuggle Me, etc…) still has some risks. One way to avoid this risk is to place the DockATot in a crib, bassinet or the popular HALO swivel bassinet (which still offers easy access and proximity for tired parents). The reality is, if you little one is a co-sleeper, the DockATot is a better solution for safe sleep than having nothing at all in the bed. Be sure to keep up to date with the latest safety developers on the American Academy of Pediatrics site, in particular for guidance on sudden infant death syndrome risk (SIDs).