- Dr. Brown vs Avent Bottles: Which is Better? - January 23, 2023
- Baby Formula Recalls : Latest Baby Formula Recall - January 16, 2023
- Tommee Tippee vs Avent: Which is Better? - January 5, 2023
Most parents probably know Boppy as the brand with the trusted breastfeeding and tummy time pillow, but the truth is there’s even a pregnancy pillow that the brand makes that may be equally as important. So it’s more than necessary to look at the Boppy Total Body Pillow vs. Snoogle Pillow to try and decide which body pillow is best when you’re expecting and trying to find that perfect position in bed.
At some point in your pregnancy, you’re going to need help finding that sweet spot in the bed and being able to remain comfortable throughout the night, and with either of these pregnancy pillows, you might be able to accomplish that.
Both body pillows are designed to support the back, neck, hips, and growing belly, so in that regard, you can be sure that either option will likely be what you need.
Even the cost of each pillow is similar enough to the other that going by the cost alone may not be the easiest way to figure out which one to buy. But where the Snoogle is one long pillow, the Boppy has three different parts to connect and full body support whatever you need to support at any given time.
Then again, the Snoggle Pillow is actually longer than the Boppy Total Body Pillow, so clearly there are some important and hard to ignore differences between the two. At first glance, they might seem like the same general pillow, but when you take a closer look at the Snoogle vs. Boppy, you’ll see some significant differences that set them apart from one another.
Whether you’re laying down on your side, propped up and need something to support your back, or sitting up on your side in bed, the Snoggle Pillow is designed to keep you as comfortable as possible. It’s designed to follow the shape of the pregnant body to help you get as much body support as possible overnight or during naps.
Instead of needing a pillow to provide total body support for pregnant women, another one for back and belly support, and one in between the knees for even more support and comfort, the Snoogle does it all and can also be used to prop you up for the middle of the night feedings after your baby is born.
Since a nurse and mother designed the body pillow, you can be sure that the shape and length are what you need and the cover is machine washable to make things even easier on you.
- Design: It was designed to follow the contour of your body in a horseshoe shape, and the middle portion can provide back and belly support while the bottom curve can be tucked between your legs for added comfort.
- Material: The pillow is made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton, while the cover is 100% cotton.
- Size: The dimensions are 60 x 24.8 x 7.2 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Motherhood Maternity.
- It’s long enough to fit most expectant moms, regardless of their height.
- The pillow especially supports the neck, back, hips, and pregnant belly.
- You can also use it to keep you comfortable during late-night feedings after your baby has arrived.
- To keep it clean, you can put the entire pillow in the washer and dryer without any worry of the pillow losing its shape or shrinking.
- Since the pillow is a larger size than some other body pillows, it might take up more room in bed than some would prefer.
- It can be challenging to put the cover back on the pillow after taking it off.
- When moving in bed throughout the night, it can be hard to reposition the pillow while in bed.
“I have been sleeping with this pillow to increase my comfort during my pregnancy. I got it when I was about 18 weeks pregnant and am now 28 weeks pregnant. It was by far the best purchase I’ve made to make my pregnancy more comfortable. I can easily see myself continuing to use it after pregnancy (to my husband’s dismay) to take pressure off my knees and hips and to keep my back straighter at night.” – Rachelle Keck on Amazon.
“I’m only 10 weeks pregnant but I have a herniated disc in my back, and I am SPD-prone. So I’m a walking lump of back pain. I started having trouble sleeping for about nine weeks, waking up with pain and having to switch sleeping positions often. I ordered this pillow at midnight one night after being so mad I couldn’t fall asleep. A few days later when I received it, I fell in love. I immediately wrapped up in it on the living room floor. It feels like a comfy nest or a snug cocoon.” – Amanda Forbes on Amazon.
“This pillow was a little higher in price then I wanted to spend, but I am very glad I did. This is my second pregnancy, with my first I just slept with a regular body pillow between my legs and I suffered from hip and back pain when I first woke up in the morning. With this pregnancy, the pains started earlier on when waking up in the morning, so I decided to try out a body pillow, and it has been great!” – Joann T. on Amazon.
“The best purchase for a comfortable sleep ever!!! I had a best-uninterrupted sleep after I purchased this. I am at the beginning of the third trimester, and I wish I had this before! Worth the price and the space it takes. I use this for comfortable seating too. It supports from all the back and front. Big enough to place under my belly while it gives great support to my neck and back and in between my legs.” – Deniz Kiral on Amazon.
Boppy Total Body Pillow
The Boppy Pillow is synonymous with comfort and usefulness, whether it be for new moms or for babies at play, but the Boppy Total Body Pillow takes things to a whole other level.
It might not be as long as the Snoogle, but it does offer a little bit more regarding versatility. It can be taken apart to accommodate your head and neck, belly and back, or hip, leg, and ankles at any given time. But when you reattach all of the pieces back together, you have a full-body pillow that was designed with the pregnant body in mind.
It’s meant to keep you comfortable and supported throughout the night, so you won’t wake up sore or in pain as your body likely already is toward the end of your pregnancy. Plus, a physical therapist helped develop the design and concept for the pillow, so you’re getting a body pillow that was designed with what the body truly needs in mind.
- Design: The custom fit Boppy firm pillow is not only designed for tummy support, but also for your head, neck, back, and hips all at once as one C-shaped pillow or individually since the sections of the pillow can come apart.
- Material: The pillow is filled with 100% polyester virgin fiber, and the removable slip cover is made from 100% cotton.
- Size: Its dimensions are 17 x 13.5 x 11.5 inches.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- You can remove each section that is attached with Velcro and then connect them back together according to your needs.
- The center of the body pillow has hip support specifically.
- You can also use the pillow for back support when sitting up, which can be beneficial both during and after your pregnancy.
- The stuffing can sometimes separate while squeezing the pillow between your legs.
- It may lose some of its shape or fullness after putting the Boppy in the washer to clean it.
- Compared to other similar pillows, like the Snoogle, the Boppy Total Body Pillow is on the shorter side.
“I bought this at 25 weeks, and I love it. Not super fluffy, but I’m a thin pillow person anyway. I start off my night by sleeping facing the pillow. If I get up, I usually face the other way and use the back support. But since purchasing, there have been several nights where I haven’t woken up at all!” – Leah Mikulenka on Amazon.
“This was everything I hoped for and more! In fact, I don’t keep all the pieces together but use them all! I love this pillow and has given me some amazing nights of sleep when I thought that was impossible! Would recommend this pillow to every mommy-to-be!” – Jacqueline Castleberry on Amazon.
“Has helped me to sleep a ton and I love that you can take it apart and use it in different ways. I like using the leg part as lumbar support when I am sitting on the couch.” – Cheryl Beste on Amazon.
“When I was pregnant, this was a lifesaver for me. I got to sleep cuddling it and it encouraged me to sleep on my side instead of my back. I had two pregnancy pillows, but definitely preferred this one for its soft cover and the fact that it can detach the parts.” – Chloe Dougherty on Amazon.
To some, these pillows might seem like the same thing making it pretty difficult actually to make the decision. However, the Snoogle Pillow is easily the stronger option here.
Its length and versatility are a big part of what makes it such a comfortable and useful pillow for expectant moms, and while the Boppy Total Body Pillow is also plenty useful as well, you really can’t ignore the benefits and ease of use of the Snoogle.
This pillow was designed by a nurse who happens to be a mother and knows what other expectant moms need when it comes to body pillows, which only adds to how much most moms will enjoy it throughout their pregnancies and even afterward.
Since you can always benefit from a comfortable body pillow and not just during pregnancy, you’ll still be able to get plenty of use out of the Snoogle Pillow even after you’ve given birth to your little one.
Even for those who aren’t pregnant, a dependable body pillow is key for getting and staying comfortable throughout the night.
So it’s only natural that expectant moms should need something to help them as their bodies change. Finding a pillow that provides firm support to the back, neck, hips, and growing belly is key and luckily, the Snoogle Pillow is designed to do just that. You can even continue to cuddle with the pillow as you recuperate and long after.