Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows the struggles of dealing with prenatal vitamins. More often the vitamins tend to look more like over-sized horse pills meant for a large animal instead of a person growing a baby inside of them.
While this is likely because of all of the nutrients the vitamins are expected to have, it’s still no fun to take that daily vitamin for the duration of your pregnancy. Luckily, there’s more than just the huge chalky pill out there now. So, you have the option to go with the Smarty Pants Prenatal Complete Gummy Vitamins.
That’s right! They’re actual gummy vitamins, not unlike the kind many parents use to trick their children into taking their daily vitamin dose. They are designed to have a flavor you’ll actually look forward to rather than dread. Plus, since they’re gummy, you can take them pretty much anywhere without the need of a glass of water to gulp them.
Just because the Smarty Pants Prenatal Vitamins are gummy, it doesn’t make them any less nutritional. They contain 15 essential nutrients for your body and for the development of your unborn baby, as well as Omega 3 fish oil and EPA and DHA fatty acids. All of these are all beneficial to your baby’s development before it is born. Plus, you can take added comfort in knowing that the Omega 3 fish oil comes from wild-caught fish.
The vitamins are also made without any peanuts, milk, eggs, shellfish, soy, gluten, or wheat and zero artificial sweeteners or flavors. Of course since the idea is if to take your prenatal vitamin every single day and, in some cases, for some time after your pregnancy as well, you’ll probably want as big of a bottle as you can find, but the Smarty Pants Prenatal Vitamins also come in the brand’s own on-the-go packets.
And on Amazon, a 180-count bottle of Smarty Pants Prenatal Vitamins is $20. Check out the latest price!
- 1 One A Day Prenatal Multivitamin Gummies
- 2 Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins
- 3 OLLY Essential Prenatal Multivitamin Gummy Supplement
- 4 Nature’s Way Alive! Prenatal Gummy Multivitamin
- The vitamins are non-GMO and safe for essentially anyone to take. Just in case, always double check the ingredients in the event that you have any food allergies.
- Although they are gummy vitamins, they’re made with no high fructose corn syrup.
- The essential vitamins are spread out. So when you take six throughout the day, you won’t be dealing with any strong odors or taste from each one.
- They contain methylfolate. This is the active ingredient of folate, which helps to regulate and produce red blood cells and maintain a healthy nervous system in your body throughout your pregnancy and as you take the Smarty Pants Prenatal Vitamins.
- The vitamins are gummies. Thus, you won’t have to worry about swallowing a large pill each day. You can also forget resorting to breaking it in half so you can get it down.
- They may even be easier for soon-to-be moms who are dealing with nausea or morning sickness. This is because they don’t taste or smell very strongly.
- Since they aren’t made with added sweeteners, you also won’t get overly sweet prenatal gummies with these.
- Thy contain folate instead of folic. This is much easier for the baby to break down and absorb to utilize as an important nutrient.
- Taking six of these throughout the day, even spread out, can seem like a lot to remember.
- Since the Smarty Pants Prenatal Vitamins are gummy, much like fruit snacks are, you may have to deal with getting pieces stuck in your teeth from time to time.
- Of the three available flavors, lemon, orange, and strawberry banana, you may not enjoy any of them.
How Others Compare
One A Day Prenatal Multivitamin Gummies
You might already know the One A Day brand for its wide variety of daily vitamins in general, but it also has the One A Day Prenatal Multivitamin Gummies, which are essentially gummy vitamins tailored to pregnant women who need to get in their daily nutrients in the quickest and easiest way possible. Like the Smarty Pants, these also contain the vitamins Vitamins A, B-6, B-12, C, D, and E, as well as Niacin and Biotin.
They do, however, contain wheat and tree nuts, which might deter or prevent some women from being able to take them. The good news is that with the One A Day Prenatal gummies, you’ll only need to take two per day, as opposed to the six that Smarty Pants requires. They’re also free from dairy, fish allergens, and high fructose corn syrup, which can all do plenty to keep your mind at ease, especially as your baby is growing and developing inside of you.
On Amazon, a 120-count bottle of One A Day Prenatal Multivitamin Gummies is $22. Check out the latest price!
- You only have to remember to take two per day, which can make eating the gummies just as easy as it would have been to remember to swallow one of those large prenatal vitamins.
- The taste is relatively mild for most, so you won’t be left with that fishy aftertaste or an initial medicinal flavor.
- You can even take the vitamins before and after your pregnancy for added health benefits for yourself.
- In most cases, the vitamins are easy on the stomach, which is especially helpful when you’ve already got nausea to contend with.
- Since the vitamins are loose in the bottle and not individually wrapped, you do run the risk of having them stick together at times or during the warmer months of the year.
- Unfortunately, the gummies do contain glucose syrup and sugar.
- While some welcome the fact that they have no iron, other mothers have be looking for a supplemented iron that these prenatal vitamins do not have.
Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins
With a name that contains literally what the company is known for, Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins are designed with your health and your baby’s development in mind to provide you with the most vitamins and nutrients as possible within the gummies.
In addition to the many nutrients they provide, you’d also be getting plenty of your daily need of folic acid, Omega 3 DHA, Vitamin B-12, and Vitamins B-6. They do not, however, contain any iron, dairy, high fructose corn syrup, gluten, or added artificial sweeteners.
Not only do the latter tend to make foods almost too sweet, but it’s also not good to take in artificial sweeteners at all, let alone if you’re pregnant. And just in case you’re worried about what the taste is like, the vitamins are the recipient of the Chef’s Best Excellence Award, which is given to brands that exceed all expectations of taste and quality. On Amazon, a 90-count bottle of Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins is $10. Check out the latest price!
- They come in lemon and raspberry lemonade flavors, which are most citric enough to hide any strong flavors you might find when eating the gummy vitamins.
- As some expectant mothers are told to avoid iron, depending on their diet and vitamin intake individually, it may be convenient for them that these gummies don’t have iron, as a lot of other prenatal vitamins do.
- For those with weak stomachs, the Vitafusion gummies should do the trick in keeping you comfortable while also providing you with the right kinds of nutrition.
- The 800 mg of folic acid is convenient and perfect for expectant moms who need a good amount of that in their daily diets.
- There are sugar crystals on the outside of the gummies, so that can make them a little harder to swallow and get down than other prenatal gummy vitamins.
- After a few weeks or a couple of months of taking the prenatal, you might tire of or start to get nauseated from the sugary coating on the outside.
- Some consumers might notice a bitter aftertaste that they can’t quite shake which cold, in turn, add to their nausea.
OLLY Essential Prenatal Multivitamin Gummy Supplement
Once again, with the OLLY Essential Prenatal Multivitamin Gummy Supplement, you’ll only need to take two of them per day to get your required daily dose of prenatal vitamins and nutrients.
Since you already have plenty of other things to do, like prep the nursery, stock up on baby supplies, and get in a nap or two each day, being able to take just one dose of prenatal vitamins is a definite plus. This prenatal gummy includes the flavors of lemon, grapefruit, and clementine and contains Omega-3, folic acid, and your other essential vitamins you’ll need throughout your pregnancy and even beyond, if you decide to keep taking the vitamin each day thereafter.
Since the OLLY brand prides itself on making products with only natural flavors and colors, you won’t have to worry about too many additives mixed in to make your prenatal gummies a little less nutritional.
On Amazon, a 60-count bottle of OLLY Essential Prenatal Multivitamin Gummy Supplements is $14. Check out the latest price!
- You only have to remember to take two per day,which makes things even more easy, as opposed to taking a half dozen or swallowing a solid pill.
- For most moms, there won’t be much of a bitter or unbearable aftertaste, if any at all.
- They have a round shape and are also flat to pop them into your mouth and bite them easily.
- At their cire the vitamins are fairly close to tasting just like slightly sour gummy candies, which makes eating them each day for nine months that much easier.
- If you don’t close the lid properly or store the gummies somewhere where air can’t get to them, the vitamins may become sticky.
- Some expectant moms may actually get indigestion from these particular prenatal gummies.
- Although the taste is even pleasing to some, the smell of the prenatal gummies may be off putting at first.
Nature’s Way Alive! Prenatal Gummy Multivitamin
The majority of gummy candies have gelatin as the primary ingredient, and as the essentially flavorless substance originates from animals, there are plenty of vegetarians who can’t go near gummy candies.
For the Nature’s Way Alive! Prenatal Gummy Multivitamin, however, it’s made with a pectin base, used in some jams and jellies, instead of gelatin. Because of this, the multivitamin is that much more beneficial to you if you happen to be a mom-to-be and also a vegetarian who would prefer to honor your eating restrictions while pregnant.
It’s also free from dairy, peanuts, egg, and wheat, which again is beneficial to those with food restrictions, by preference or not. What it does have is DHA for healthy eye and brain development from a plant instead of fish oil, eight essential vitamins and minerals, and 100% of your daily needs of folic acid.
And on Amazon, a 90-count bottle of Nature’s Way Alive! Prenatal Gummy Multivitamins is $13. Check out the latest price!
- Having a plant-sourced DHA instead of from fish oil not only gives vegetarians a reason to try these gummies. But it also means none of that awful fish oil smell or taste.
- Without gelatin, which is common in other prenatal gummies, vegetarians can feel safe and confident in taking these ones.
- They don’t add to any nausea or morning sickness, as some other prenatal vitamin tend to do because of their smell.
- Since they don’t have a sugary coating on the outside, the Nature’s Way! Gummies are easier to chew and swallow.
- While the gummies are chewy like any other gummy vitamins or even fruit snacks, they have a certain chalky texture you may not be able to get past.
- When opening the bottle, the smell may be a little stronger than you’d expect from a fish-oil free prenatal vitamin.
- The actual taste of the vitamins may not be bearable for some, who might find it much too strong with a different sort of texture.
Like so many other baby products and those directed at moms-to-be, you probably would have never guessed how much can go into looking at different gummy prenatals. Obviously, the biggest downfall of the Smarty Pants Prenatal Vitamins is the fact that you need to take six of them throughout the day.
The good, however, is that the smell and taste aren’t nearly as strong as they seem to be for a lot of other prenatal gummies, and you’re still going to get all of the vitamins and minerals you need in order for your pregnancy to progress smoothly.