Potty training is the first big task that your toddler will overcome with your help and in every case, it’s a pretty huge deal. But even for those toddlers who have using the bathroom on their own down to a science, they’ll likely need a reliable brand of overnight diapers to prevent excessive bedwetting, like the Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers.
Some parents might consider overnight diapers to be a crutch for toddlers in the throes of potty training, but they’re actually the perfect solution for little ones who still wet the bed during their sleep, even if they don’t mean to.
There are a lot of different overnight diapers that may suit your toddler’s needs, but Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers provide dry comfort without any added dyes, fragrances, or harsh chemicals.
Without any added scent or latex to the overnight diapers, rashes on your toddler’s skin can be prevented, which is a plus since wet diapers, in general, tend to leave behind rashes, especially overnight. The Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers are made with materials from corn and wheat, as well as sustainably harvested wood pulp. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers, Size 6, 100 count for Sensitive Skin (Packaging May Vary).
- They’re made with natural materials that help prevent rashes or irritations on your baby’s skin throughout the night or naptime.
- The premium absorbency in the Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers provide 10 hours of leak protection.
- The soft material is made to feel as close to actual cloth as possible.
- Thanks to the resealable tabs, the overnight diaper can be taken off for bathroom breaks and then secured back on.
- The stretchy backside and roomy legs of the Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers are designed to fit your baby or toddler comfortably.
- The overnight protection lasts up to 10 hours.
- There’s no chemical smell, like some other overnight diapers that may or may not be scented.
- Since they’re chlorine-free, if your toddler has an overnight accident, they’re less likely to develop a rash from it.
- They’re made with soft stretchy material for added comfort.
- For extra heavy wetters, the Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers might not contain the entire mess.
- Although it has resealable tabs, the tabs themselves are a little shorter than other overnight diapers, making it hard to fasten closed if your child slightly grows out of their size.
- The stage 6 size is for toddlers who are 35+ pounds, but there are no sizes that go beyond that.
How Others Compare
Huggies is already a brand associate with durable and reliable diapers, so Huggies Overnites diapers are easy to trust for your toddler overnight. Made to last your little one up to 12 hours overnight, Huggies Overnites have a SnugFit waistband that’s stretchy but secure enough to stay one without shifting as they sleep.
In case your baby or toddler does wet their diaper as they sleep, the Huggies Overnites have a built-in Leak Lock System that works to help lock in moisture and absorb any messes. HUGGIES OverNites Diapers, Size 3, 28 ct., JUMBO PACK Overnight Diapers (Packaging May Vary)
- Even if your toddler wakes up in the morning with a full diaper, his or her pajamas will likely remain dry throughout the night.
- The Velcro on the side straps make it easy to take the diapers on and off your little one.
- If your baby or toddler wakes up from having a leaking diaper, they’ll honor their agreement to give you your money back.
- Though they come in toddler sizes, the tabs that make it a diaper rather than a pull-up are a little outdated for toddlers.
- The sizes go by weight, but since all kids are built differently, the sizes might not always be reliable.
- The material isn’t as thick as you might want for an overnight diaper to best absorb overnight messes.
Honest Overnight Diapers
Like Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers, Honest Overnight Diapers are eco-friendly and made with natural plant-based materials to best suit your child’s skin. They’re hypoallergenic and absorb up to 10% more than the other Honest brand diapers, so extra care was clearly put into designing Honest Overnight Diapers.
With no chlorine bleach or added chemicals, they’re made to feel soft and natural against your baby or toddler’s skin as they sleep with it on overnight. Although they’re ultra-thin, it’s with faster absorption and the fitted leg openings are made to stretch around your child’s legs. The Honest Company Club Box Overnight Baby Diapers, Sleepy Sheep, Size 3 (60 Count)
- Since they’re ultra-thin, they’re easy to take on the go and are also less bulky under pajamas.
- The Honest Overnight Diapers are free from dyes, chlorine bleach, and any added fragrances.
- They do fairly well at containing overnight messes and absorbing any wetness from your baby or toddler.
- Since they’re free and clear, Honest Overnight Diapers are a little pricey for some families.
- Even though they’re made without chemicals, the material could still irritate sensitive skin.
GoodNites Bedtime Pants
Made for both boys and girls to best suit each of their needs, GoodNites Bedtime Pants are reliable when you’re ready to switch your potty training toddler to pull-up overnight diapers. They’re especially odor-absorbing your toddler’s comfort and to keep any unwanted smells from accidents from getting out.
They also come in sizes that range from 28 pounds to 125+ pounds, so your toddler can use them for as long as they need overnight diapers or training pants. The GoodNites for boys and girls both come with fun designed to make them feel more at ease wearing them for longer periods of time. Goodnites Nighttime Bedwetting Underwear, Girls' S/M (43-68 lb.), 44 Ct
- The stretchy sides and waistband of the GoodNites Bedtime Pants make it easy to pull them up and down.
- They’re so absorbent that toddlers can wear them for a few hours even after they wake up and not just overnight.
- The absorbency also eliminated the chance of rashes overnight.
- The wide range of sizes makes it possible to use these exclusively.
- The material of the GoodNites Bedtime Pants isn’t very breathable.
- Depending on how much your child urinates in their sleep, they might not be reliable to wear all night.
Thanks to the special NightLock ultra-absorbent core, Pampers UnderJams overnight diapers absorb enough wetness to keep your little one dry throughout the night. They’re made of a cloth-like material that feels close to actual underwear for added comfort and the waistband sits low enough to not peek out over their pajama waistband.
Like actual underwear, Pampers UnderJams are made to feel breathable enough for your toddler while being absorbent enough to handle big bedtime messes in the middle of the night. Pampers UnderJams Disposable Bedtime Underwear for Girls, Size S/M, 50 Count, Super Pack
- They have an absorbent core to take in bigger messes throughout the night.
- The sizes range from 38 to 85 pounds.
- Their absorbency not only keeps messes in, but pulls them away from your child’s skin, preventing overnight rashes.
- The Pampers UnderJams pull up and down easily instead of needing to be ripped off.
- The waistband might not be tight enough for some lids, so added underwear over the UnderJams might be necessary.
- They pull up and down easily, but can sometimes also tear easily.
- Depending on your child’s bedwetting, leaks could still occur during the night, even if they don’t wake your little one up.
Whether you decide to go quickly from overnight diapers to underwear for your toddler or implement overnight diapers for a long time, finding the one that works best for your family is crucial to the potty training process.
As many parents can attest to, trying to train your toddler to stay dry throughout the night is a tough hurdle to get over. But with Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers, you can have a helping hand.
It’s also a huge plus that they’re organically made and leave less of a footprint when throwing away dirty overnight diapers.
Wet diapers leave behind enough of a rash because of added fragrances and dyes that come through when diapers are wet, but with Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers, there’s less of a chance of that happening since they’re made free of any harsh chemicals or dyes.
And that makes them that much more approachable for your toddler to get used to.