The right humidifier can do a lot for you when you’re feeling under the weather or stuffed up. It can also be beneficial to those suffering from dry eyes, sinuses, or dry skin in general.
Now think of those benefits for a baby and the Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier has you covered. This particular humidifier has two different mist outlets that rotate 360 degrees to allow for full coverage of your baby’s nursery while they’re sleeping throughout the night or napping.
- 1 Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 2 Honeywell Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
- 3 Vicks Filter-free Ultrasonic Visible Cool Mist Humidifier
- 4 MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- 5 TaoTronics Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
The large tank itself is easy to fill and is big enough to allow you to use the humidifier for up to 24 hours with ease. Plus, the mist that comes out is cool rather than too warm and the tank is filter-free, which makes it simple to clean when not in use.
Just to give you added peace of mind, the humidifier also has an automatic shut-off so it can do its job and then turn off on its own once it is depleted its supply of water. It can add extra cool moisture to the air year-round in your baby’s bedroom, helping to ease your little one’s cold symptoms while reducing the itchiness of dry skin that’s common in newborns and young babies.
That alone is likely the best reason to invest in a humidifier period. However, there’s still more than the Safety 1st 360 offers you and your own baby.
Since it only requires water, you won’t have to worry about any chemicals added to the humidifier mist and it also won’t need any special liquids or vapors in order to work properly for your baby.
- There are two mist outlets that each rotate around 360 degrees. This in order to reach every part of the room the humidifier is in.
- An auto shut-off occurs after the machine has been on for 24 hours, making it easier for you in case you forget to turn it off yourself.
- The tank is large and easy to fill up to last your baby all night and into the morning.
- There is a light that turns on automatically to let you know when it’s time to refill the tank in the Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier.
- Even when remaining on throughout the night, the humidifier is quiet enough to allow your baby to stay asleep.
- It has a decent-sized tank, but also small enough to fit in bedrooms without being in the way.
- The two separate mister nozzles can be pointed in two different directions.
- It’s also lightweight and easy to move around to different rooms or move throughout your baby’s nursery.
- The cap to the water tank portion of the humidifier seems like it may fall off easily.
- It’s made of plastic that could be thicker or more reinforced to give you better peace of mind.
- Some parents might prefer that more of the cool mist comes out of the humidifier during the 24-hour period it stays on.
How Others Compare
Honeywell Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
With the Honeywell Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier, you can see the water through the machine as it comes out and as it goes down.
Thus you’ll always know when you need to refill it, even without it telling you so. It also has a dial so you can control how much moisture comes out throughout the night or day. Whether you want very little, a lot more than usual, or something in between.
When it’s empty, the humidifier will automatically shut off on its own and since there’s no filter required, you simply need to refill it with fresh water when you’re ready to use it again. Like the Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier, the Honeywell Mistmate lets out cool air rather than warm air and works to help combat dry skin or sinuses in your infant as they sleep.
- You can control the amount of cool mist that comes out and turn it up or down as you see fit.
- It’s small enough to be able to easily clean it out after each use.
- It doesn’t take up too much room, so you can easily fit it in most m=nurseries, even if they’re on the smaller size.
- You can keep it on all night without the worry that it will run out of the water, as long as it’s filled before turning it on at bedtime.
- If you turn it on high, it isn’t recommended that you close the bedroom door or too much cool mist steam will fill the room.
- Unless you use distilled water specifically, you might be left with some dust around your baby’s room.
- You should probably change the water daily or else it may be left with foul-smelling water from the previous night’s use.
Vicks Filter-free Ultrasonic Visible Cool Mist Humidifier
Some humidifiers made by Vicks require their special vaporizing liquid, but the Vicks Filter-free Ultrasonic Visible Cool Mist Humidifier only uses water, much like the Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist.
You also don’t need a filter for this one, so you’ll never have to replace a filter, and there’s a soft light that glows in it, which can help you reach it in the middle of the night without needing to turn on the light in your baby’s bedroom.
After filling the 1.2-gallon tank, you can keep the humidifier on for up to 33 hours and when it’s time to clean out the tank, there’s a handle to pull which makes it that much easier. You also get to turn the cool mist nozzle in the direction that you want the mist to seep out through. If desired, you can also use Vicks Vapopads for added relief for your little one.
- If you keep it set on low or medium, you can likely use it for a few nights in a row without needing to empty and change the water.
- With the pull handle, it’s fairly easy to pull out the tank and refill with water as needed.
- It’s one of the largest capacity cool mist humidifiers out there.
- It’s also quiet throughout the night, which is beneficial as it won’t emit a white noise type of sound which some babies can become too dependent on.
- Overall, it can be difficult to actually clean the humidifier.
- It can eventually grow mold on the inside, as many humidifiers are prone to do.
- Unless it’s on the highest setting, it doesn’t let out as much mist as you might prefer or need.
MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Not only is the MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier sleek in design, but it’s also whisper-quiet and can run for hours on the lowest setting. Specifically, it boasts the ability to use two ounces of water per hour when on the lowest setting. Like the Vicks humidifier, it also has a light that glows softly to allow you to reach it in the middle of the night if need be.
Although it only needs water to help emit moisture into the air, it does come with a special cleaning brush to properly clean it when it’s not in use. It also has a power light that conveniently shuts off 10 seconds after you turn it on, so as not to allow any extra light in the dark in your baby’s nursery, and the beeps when turning it on and off are quieter than you’ll find with most other humidifiers. Basically, it was almost made especially for your baby’s bedroom.
- The humidifier is so quiet that even on higher settings, it can be used around most light sleepers.
- It’s small enough to fit anywhere in your baby’s room and even in your own room on your nightstand.
- The design itself is unique, sleek, and can blend in with most rooms of your home easily.
- It also comes with an AC adapter so you can bring it with you away from home, which is especially beneficial if your baby needs it while you’re traveling.
- There’s no setting to actually turn off the nightlight on the humidifier.
- For some, it may be difficult to take out the water reservoir in order to properly clean it.
- There may be some cool mist that falls down in front of the humidifier as it comes out, so having a towel nearby could come in handy.
TaoTronics Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
As another exceptionally quiet device is the TaoTronics Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier [/easyazon_link]. It has a microporous cartridge that is used to carefully filter the water and filter out microorganisms that could be harmful to the air.
It also has multiple humidity levels to really customize it for you or your baby’s needs during the night or naptime and can be used for rooms from 66-82 square feet.
With a four-liter tank, you get roughly 15 hours of use at a time before you’ll need to refill the tank, but that does mean you can easily use it for your infant while they sleep. And not only does it have an automatic shut-off and nightlight, but there’s also a timer so you get to decide how long you want to have it on at any given time.
- It has an easy-to-read LED display, which can be easily seen in the dark in the middle of the night.
- There’s also a sleep mode, in case you don’t want it on all night long.
- The mist nozzle can rotate 360 degrees, much like that of the Safety 1st humidifier, which allows it to reach every corner of the room.
- It also whispers quiet, so it won’t wake up your little one when it turns on or off in the middle of the night.
- Unless you stay on top of cleaning it, the TaoTronics humidifier can get dirty very easily and quickly.
- It can run for 15 hours straight at the most, which may not be suitable for some users’ needs.
- At almost $70, unfortunately, it may be out of some parents’ price range for the right humidifier for their infant.
Just like with adults, a solid humidifier can work wonders for babies. Also, they are safe to use in your child’s room right from the start.
With the Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier specifically, your baby can enjoy the cool mist to add humidity to the air while it circulates throughout their entire room all night, into the morning. And since there’s an automatic shut-off, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to do it and you can keep your focus on your little one in the morning.
Clearly, there are plenty of humidifiers that share some of the same kid-friendly qualities of the Safety 1st option, but when it all comes down to it, the simplest choice is to go with the humidifier that has everything you need and comes with little to no fuss about it. And in this case, that may very well be the Safety 1st 360 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier.