- Baby Dry vs Swaddlers Diapers : Parent’s Guide - May 26, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best C-Section Scar Creams - May 20, 2022
- Solly vs Moby Baby Wrap : Which Baby Wrap Is Best? - May 20, 2022
If you’re very lucky, your baby will fall asleep on their own every time with little lulling and infrequent rocking. If you’re one of a ton of other parents, however, your baby might need a little white noise or soft lullaby music in order to fall asleep.
At some point, you might be looking for a sound soother you can use at home and on the go. So, what is the best between the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip vs MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go ? They are both solid options for soothing and comforting your baby when he or she needs to nap or sleep. But at the end of the day, there can be only one that is the stronger option for you and your family.
If cost is the biggest issue, then you might want to go with the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother. It’s less expensive while still being useful and long-lasting.
On the other hand, the MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa, which is the more costly option, somehow drowns out all other outside noises when your infant needs to nap or sleep at night. And that alone might be worth the higher price tag.
Both soothing sound clips can be used on the go and are powered by AAA batteries, so you won’t need to worry about charging either of them. But they have their own strengths on their own as well as a few weak points that need to be considered. So before you make your decision between the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip and MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go, think about them both from every possible angle.
Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip
The Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip can be slipped onto literally anything to act as white noise or lullaby speaker for your little one. It has white noise, rain, waves, and heartbeat sound effect to choose from as well as two actual lullabies if your baby falls asleep better to music than noises.
There’s even a sleep timer that you can set to 15, 30, or 45 minutes. Or, you can opt to keep the soother clip on at all times to later turn off on your own, hours after your little one has fallen asleep. Speaking of which, you can access it easily in the dark thanks to its glow-in-the-dark buttons.
But if you need to take it on the go to play music or one of the natural sounds while your baby lays in their stroller, the clip is plenty flexible to clip around handlebars as needed.
It runs on AAA batteries, so you will need to make sure you have batteries on hand. However, it is a plus that you won’t need to plug it in or even charge it to use the soother. It’s also small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and has easy-to-use buttons.
- Settings: There are volume controls, two lullabies, and four natural sounds to soothe your baby to sleep for naps or at bedtime.
- Sounds: The sounds include waves, rain, white noise, and heartbeat. The songs are Brahms’ Lullaby and Mozart’s Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on Amazon and in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip.
- It’s an easy and compact alternative to an actual white noise machine or a constantly running fan, which some parents turn to for their babies.
- It has glow in the dark buttons to be able to get to it and adjust or turn it off in the middle of the night.
- The sound quality, for the soother being so small with a small speaker, is clear each time.
- Batteries typically last a long time with this soother.
- It’s also convenient that it has a timer, so you don’t have to worry about remembering to turn it off after your baby falls asleep.
- The Buttons themselves make a little noise when you push them.
- Since it will beep when the battery is low, the beep can wake up your baby in the middle of the night.
- The music that plays might sound a little off for some people.
- Because it’s so small, you might find it a little easier to misplace it.
“This sound machine is great, we ended up getting two – one for sleeping at night and one for the car. It’s small but has great volume and a range of noises. Baby sleeps great with it. The hook makes it easy to put anywhere and it can also stand on its own. The batteries last a long time – in four months we’ve only changed them once or twice.” – Jamie Miller on Amazon.
“It’s easy to clip and move around between a stroller, car seat and crib. We love it! Battery life is great. It is made of somewhat brittle plastic so I wouldn’t drop it and the lullabies are a bit shrill so we only use it for the white noise.” – R. Bernhardt on Amazon.
MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go
The MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go is similar enough to the Project Nursery clip in design, but of course, there are some aspects that make it unique on its own. It is a little more expensive than the Project Nursery, so if that’s your main concern, it might not be the one for you. However, as with any baby products, it’s important to look at everything else along with the price tag.
The MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go has an easy-to-use face with buttons that are clearly labeled, even for new more inexperienced parents. You can choose between white noise, heartbeat, ocean, and lullaby songs. It also has an auto-off timer so you won’t have to worry about actually turning off the sound soother yourself.
This is especially useful so you don’t have to creep in your little one’s room in the dark while they sleep to try and turn off the soother while they sleep. It also has an easy-to-use clip that can fit around stroller handlebars, car seat bars, and wall hooks. Like the other soother, it uses AAA batteries, so it’s easy to power the sound soother as frequently as you need to.
- Settings: You can adjust the volume, sound effects, and timer with the buttons on the front.
- Sounds: It doesn’t come equipped with a variety of lullabies, but it does have white noise, heartbeat sounds, ocean, and lullaby.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on the MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go.
- It truly drowns out outside noises like car doors slamming and outside dogs barking.
- Batteries tend to last a long time with this sound soother, so you probably won’t go through tons of batteries every single week.
- The volume doesn’t go too loud and it isn’t too soft either.
- It hooks onto things easily, but toddlers will have a hard time pulling it off.
- The continuous setting and timer option are both convenient, depending on your baby’s needs.
- Although it’s not expensive, it is more costly than the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip.
- It doesn’t have quite as many sound options as the Project Nursery soother.
- Although it’s portable, it might be a little larger than some parents initially expect it to be.
“This is a must-have in my house with our new baby. I read an article about how babies sleep better and longer with “white noise” so I tried this. Works like a charm! I love that it is so portable, so I can move it from her bouncer to her car seat to her crib. We use the heartbeat sound the most. I also like the timer function & the volume options.” – C. Rickert on Amazon.
“This was recommended by a friend, and for my daughters first two months she absolutely was soothed by the heartbeat sound and then we moved onto the waves. I love the size and that I can set it to a timer so it will automatically go off… Love that I can hook to my diaper back or anything! Definitely, recommend.” – Sarah E. on Amazon.
Both the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip and MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go definitely look like the same exact thing, but they have some differences you can’t really ignore. In general, the MyBaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go is easy to use and easier to adjust any time you need to. But when it comes down to it, the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip is the stronger option.
It has more sound features and a convenient night light feature to make a middle of night adjustments easier and stealthier. It’s also a little more affordable, which can make a difference, especially when the other qualities in the soother clip are top-notch on their own.
The batteries do last a lot longer with the MyBaby HoMedics, but the Project Nursery soother is truly the most compact option for portability and slipping anywhere in your little one’s nursery.
Do babies need white noise?
If you are a parent, chances are you have tried everything you can to make your baby comfortable. Many parents play music for their little ones, while others play them more soothing sounds and that really depends on their mood. In some occasion, babies just want to be entertained so louder music might be okay, but when it comes to sleeping time, it is highly likely that your newborn will want white noise.
What is a safe decibel for babies?
If you have found a toy that makes your baby relaxed and entertained, but you are not sure whether it’s okay for their hearing it is always better to check out the label and see the decibels. Many manufacturers are already making toys according to the advised intensity (50 decibels), however, it is always best to check the label to see for more information.
A baby sound soother definitely isn’t one of those baby items that you absolutely need. However, as these have both proven, soothers like these can offer all kinds of benefits for babies. Instead of investing in an actual white noise machine that can be a headache to turn on and off and not at all portable, the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother Clip can be used on the go, away from home, and any room in your house. The ease of use is certainly there and for your baby’s sake and in the interest in getting him or her on a steady sleep schedule, the convenience is definitely there.